There are different opinions among people as to ____ .Some people suggest that ____.
There is an old saying______. Its the experience of our forefathers，however，it is correct in many cases even today.
Today, ____, which have brought a lot of harms in our daily life. First, ____ Second,____. What makes things worse is that______.
Nowadays，it is common to ______. Many people like ______ because ______. Besides，______.
Everything has two sides and ______ is not an exception，it has both advantages and disadvantages.
People’s opinions about ______ vary from person to person. Some people say that ______.To them,_____.
Everything has two sides and()is not an exception，it has both advantages and disadvantages.
……has become a hot topic among people，especially among the young andheated debates are right on their way.
…… has been playing an increasingly important role in our day-to-day life.it has brought us a lot of benefits but has created some serious problems as well
Man is now facing a big problem () which is becoming more and more serious.
According to the figure/number/statistics/percentages in the /chart/bar graph/line/graph，it can be seen that…… while. Obviously，……，but why?
Nowadays，it is generally/commonly believed that..., but I wonder that...
Like a coin has two sides, there is a positive aspect and a negative aspect to...
Currently, the issue of ...has been brought to public attention
Along with the rapid growth of ...,...has become increasingly important in our daily
Air pollution and noise pollution caused by automobiles do harm to our health.
1. We ' re often told that ......But is this really the case ?
2. People used to ......however , things are quite different today .
3.some people think that ......Others believe that the opposite is true . There is probably some truth in both sides．But we must realize that ......
4.Recognizing a problem is the first step in finding a solution .
5. It is another new and bitter truth we must learn to face .
6. In short , we must work hard to make the world a better place .
7.Lost time is never found again.
8.Everybody should have a dream.
9.Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
10.Failure is the mother of success.
11.Let's look on the bright side.
1). It’s adj for sb to do 做…对某人来说…
2). … so … that … 如此… 以至于…
… too … to do 太… 而不能…
such … that … 如此… 以至于…
3). not…until… 直到…才…
例: I didn’t go to bed until my mother came back. 4).The reason why + 句子 is that + 句子 … 的原因是… The reason why he got angry was that she told him a lie. ( 他生气的原因是她对他说了谎。) 5). That is why + 句子 那是…的原因 6). That is because + 句子 那是因为… 7). It is said that + 句子 据说… It is reported that + 句子 据报道… 8). There is no doubt that + 句子 毫无疑问… 9). It goes without saying that + 句子 不言而喻，毫无疑问
10). There is no need to do没必要做…
11). There is no point in doing 做某事毫无意义
had better (not) do 最好(不)做
how about / what about doing …怎么样?
I think you should do 我认为你应该…
I suggest that you should do 我建议你做…
If I were you, I would do…我要是你的话，我会做…
It’s best to do 最好做…
Why not do / why don’t you do…? 为什么不…
like / love doing
be fond of doing 喜欢做…
be keen on n/doing 喜欢做…
prefer to do A rather than do B 宁愿做A也不愿做B
be interested in doing = show/ take great interest in n / doing
try to do努力做…
strive to do 努力做…
try one’s best to do= do one’s best to do 竭尽全力做… make efforts to do = make every effort to do 尽力做…
do what sb can (do ) to do 尽力做…
spare no effort to do 不遗余力的做…
do what / everything sb. can to do 尽某人全力做…
5. 打算做… / 计划做…
intend / plan to do 打算做…
be going to do 打算/计划做…
decide to do 决定做…
determine to do决定做…
be determined to do决定做…
make up one’s mind to do下定决心做…
want to do = would like to do 想做…
hope to do 希望做… 感兴趣
expect to do 期待着做…
wish to do 希望做…
consider doing 考虑做…
7. 只加doing 作宾语的动词
finish 完成/ practice 练习 / suggest建议 / consider 考虑 / mind 介意 / enjoy 喜欢doing
look forward to doing 盼望做…
keep on doing 坚持做…
dream of doing 梦想做…
can’t help doing 情不自禁地做…
keep / stop / prevent sb. from doing 阻止某人做…
be busy (in ) doing be busy with + 名词 忙于做…
spend time / money (in )doing spend time / money on + 名词 花费时间做…
have fun / have a good time / enjoy oneself doing 玩得开心
have trouble / have problem / have difficulty (in) doing 或 with + 名词 做…有困难
1. Actions speak louder than words. 事实胜于雄辩?
2. A friend in need is a friend indeed. 患难朋友才是真朋友?
3. A good beginning is half done. 良好的开端是成功的一半?
4. Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者事竟成?
5. All roads lead to Rome. 条条大道通罗马?
6. Easier said than done. 说起来容易,做起来难?
7. Easy come, easy go. 来得快,去得快?
8. Every man has his weak side. 人人都有缺点?
9. Failure is the mother of success. 失败是成功之母?
10. Look before you leap. 三思而后行?
11. Nothing in the world is difficult if you set your mind to it. 世上无难事,只怕有心人?
12. A life without a friend is a life without a sun. 人若无友,就如同生命中没有太阳?
13. All things are difficult before they are easy. 万事开头难?
14. Always prepare for a rainy day. 未雨绸缪?
15. As you sow, so shall you reap. 种瓜得瓜,种豆得豆?
16. I might say that success is won by three things: first, effort; second, more effort; third, still more effort. 成功要靠三件事才能赢得:努力,努力,再努力?
17. Don’t put off till tomorrow what should be done today. 有事莫推明天?
18. Practice makes perfect.熟能生巧?
19. Bad news has wings. 好事不出门,坏事传千里?
20. Honesty is the best policy. 做人以诚信为本?
21. You have to believe in yourself. That’s the secret of success. 你必须相信自己,这是成功
22. Don’t judge a man by his looks. 不可以貌取人?
23. 表起始的过渡语:first of all, to begin with, in my opinion, according to, so far, as far as等?
24. 表时间的过渡语:first, at first, then, later, in the end, finally, afterwards, after that, since then, for the first time, at last, as soon as, the next moment, meanwhile, later on, soon, finally等?
25. 表空间的过渡语:on the right/left, to the right/left of, on one side of… on the other side of…, at the foot/top/end of, in the middle/centre of, next to, far from, in front of等?
26. 表因果的过渡语:for, because of, one reason is that… another reason is that…, thus, so, as a result (of)等?
27. 表转折的过渡语:but, yet, however, after all, in fact, while, on the contrary, instead of, unlike, although, otherwise,nevertheless, in spite of, after all等?
28. 表列举的过渡语:for example, such as, that is, like, as follows, in other words, and so on等?
29. 表推进的过渡语:what’s more, on one hand… on the other hand…, in addition to, as well, still, also, in other words, not only…but also…, besides, furthermore, moreover等?
30. 表总结的过渡语:in short, in a word, in general, in brief, in all, on the whole等?
1. 不用说…… It goes without saying that …
= (It is) needless to say (that) ….
= It is obvious that ….
It goes without saying that it pays to keep early hours.
2. 在各种……之中，…… Among various kinds of …, … /= Of all the …, …
Among various kinds of sports, I like jogging in particular.
In my opinion, …
= To my mind, ….
= As far as I am concerned, …
= I am of the opinion that ….
例：In my opinion, playing video games not only takes much time but is also harmful to health.
4. 随着人口的增加…… With the increase/growth of the population, …
随着科技的进步…… With the advance of science and technology, …
例：With the rapid development of Taiwan’s economy, a lot of social problems have come to pass.
5. ……是必要的 It is necessary (for sb.) to do / that …
…… 是重要的 It is important/essential (for sb.) to do / that …
…… 是适当的 It is proper (for sb.) to do / that …
……是紧急的 It is urgent (for sb.) to do / that …
例：It is proper for us to keep the public places clean.
It is proper that we (should) keep the public places clean.
6. 花费 spend … on sth. / doing sth. …
We shouldn’t spend too much time on something we aren’t interested in.
7. how 引导的感叹句
At least it will prove how honest you are.
A) 如果你不……，你就会…… If you don’t ..., you’ll ...
例︰If you don’t keep working hard, you’ll lose the chance.
B) 如此 ……，以至于…… so … that …
例：At that moment, I was so upset that I wanted to give up.
C) 每当我听到……我就忍不住感到兴奋。Whenever I hear …, I cannot but feel excited. 每当我做……我就忍不住感到悲伤。 Whenever I do …, I cannot but feel sad.
每当我想到……我就忍不住感到紧张。Whenever I think of …, I cannot but feel nervous. 每当我遭遇……我就忍不住感到害怕。Whenever I meet with …, I cannot but feel frightened.
每当我看到……我就忍不住感到惊讶。Whenever I see …, I cannot but feel surprised. 例：Whenever I think of the clean brook near my home, I cannot but feel sad.
= Every time I think of the clean brook near my home, I cannot help feeling sad.
我认为，…… / 我认为……不 I think / I don’t think that …
我想知道是否…… I wonder whether …
例：He doesn’t think I should stop him joining the club.
10. Since + S + 过去式, S + 现在完成式.
例：Since he went to senior high school, he has worked very hard.
1. No rose without a thorn. 玫瑰都有刺。（没有十全十美）
2. Content is happiness. 知足常乐。
3. Happiness is always around us.幸福都在我们周围。
4. Love, give me happiness. There is still a long way for me to run. I believe that working hard
will bring me a bright future; we will be the happiest people. 爱，给我幸福。 我还有很长的
5. Our happiness from everything in life. 我们的幸福来自于生活中的每一件事。
6. Our world is full of happiness. 世界上充满了幸福。
7. Everybody is eager to happiness, feeling so well being of everyone. The supreme happiness of
life is the conviction that we are love parents.人人都渴望得到幸福，人人都在感受幸福，生活中，最高的幸福就是拥有对父母的爱。
8. This is a small thing, but in my heart it is a big happiness.这虽然只是一件小事，但是在我的
9. Two brainstorming can usually think better than one and faster, too. 三个臭皮匠赛过诸葛
10. Mother’s love is like a circle, it has no beginning and no ending.母爱像一个圈，它没有起点
11. Failure is the mother of success. 失败是成功之母。
12. Time waits for no man. 时间不等人。
13. Laugh and the world laugh with you. Weep and you weep alone. 笑，全世界陪你一起笑。
14. It is easy to say things, but it is difficult to do them. / Easier said than done. 说起来容易做
15. What’s more 更多的是….
16. No pains, no gains. 没有付出，就没有回报。
17. There are many beautiful flowers in the world, but in parent’s eyes, their children are the
most beautiful of all.世界上有许多漂亮的花，但是在父母的眼里，他们的孩子是最漂亮的。
18. As the saying goes, you don’t know that happiness is until you lost it. 俗话说：直到失去了，
19. Bacon said: “knowledge is power.” 培根说：“知识就是力量。”
20. Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者事竟成。
21. If you take a nap now, you will only have a dream. If you study hard now, you will achieve
your dream (your dream will come true).如果你此时打盹，你将做梦。如果你此刻努力学习，你将梦想成真。
22. I just couldn’t believe my eyes. 我只是不能相信我的眼睛。
23. Time is valuable, we should cherish time.时间是宝贵的，我们应该珍惜时间。
24. Never give up during the difficult days and better time are sure to come some day. 在困境
25. If winter comes, can spring be far behind? 冬天来了，春天还会远吗？
26. Nobody is perfect, but everyone is different from others.人无完人，但每个人又有不同。
27. Parents are our first teachers. They teach usually lessons of life. 父母是我们的第一任老
28. Life is like a piece of white paper, on which we may draw the newest and finest pictures. 生
29. Hope is always around us. 希望总会有的。
30. Happiness is always around you if you put your heart into it. 如果你用心感受，幸福就在我
31. As an old saying goes: “it’s never too late to learn.” 老话说：“活到老学到老。”
32. The man who laughs last laughs best. 笑到最后的才是笑得最好的。
33. Thought is the key which opens the door of the world. 想象是打开时间之门的钥匙。
34. How time flies! 光阴似箭。
35. Time is money. 一寸光阴一寸金。
36. No one can call back yesterday. 没有人能让昨日重现。
37. Nothing is impossible in the world if you put your heart on it. 世上无难事，只怕有心人。
38. Nothing is impossible if you work hard. 如果你努力学习，一切皆有可能。
39. Our life is full of moving stories among which there are the most beautiful stars shining in our
40. Life is wonderful. And I also have lots of wonderful memories in my wonderful life. 生活是