1. Don’t talk about such things of __________ you are not sure.
A. which B. what C. as D. those
2. Is this the factory __________ you visited the other day?
A. that B. where C. in which D. the one
3. Is this factory __________ some foreign friends visited last Friday?
A. that B. where C. which D. the one
4. Is this the factory __________ he worked ten years ago?
A. that B. where C. which D. the one
5. The wolves hid themselves in the places __________ couldn’t be found.
A. that B. where C. in which D. in that
6. The freezing point is the temperature __________ water changes into ice.
A. at which B. on that C. in which D. of what
7. This book will show you __________ can be used in other contexts..
A. how you have observed B. what you have observed
C. that you have observed D. how that you have observed
8. The reason is __________ he is unable to operate the machine.
A. because B. why C. that D. whether
9. I’ll tell you __________ he told me last week.
A. all which B. that C. all that D. which
10. That tree, __________ branches are almost bare, is very old.
A. whose B. of which C. in which D. on which
11. I have bought the same dress __________ she is wearing.
A. as B. that C. which D. what
12. He failed in the examination, __________ made his father very angry.
A. which B. it C. that D. what
13. We’re talking about the piano and the pianist __________ were in the concert we attended last night.
A. which B. whom C. who D. that
14. The girl __________ an English song in the next room is Tom’s sister.
A. who is singing B. is singing C. sang D. was singing
15. Those ______ not only from books but also through practice will succeed.
A. learn B. who C. that learns D. who learn
16. Anyone __________ this opinion may speak out.
A. that against B. that against C. who is against D. who are against
17. Didn’t you see the man __________?
A. I nodded just now B. whom I nodded just now
C. I nodded to him just now D. I nodded to just now
18. Can you lend me the novel __________ the other day?
A. that you talked B. you talked about it
C. which you talked with D. you talked about
19. Is there anything __________ to you?
A. that is belonged B. that belongs
C. that belong D. which belongs
20. ---- “How do you like the book?”
---- “It’s quite different from __________ I read last month.”
A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what 1
21. Mr. Zhang gave the textbook to all the pupils except __________ who had already taken them.
A. the ones B. ones C. some D. the others
22. The train __________ she was travelling was late.
A. which B. where C. on which D. in that
23. He has lost the key to the drawer __________ the papers are kept.
A. where B. in which C. under which D. which
24. Antarctic __________ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round.
A. which B. where C. that D. about which
25. It’s the third time __________ late this month.
A. that you arrived B. when you arrived
C. that you’ve arrived D. when you’ve arrived
26. It was in 1969 _________the American astronaut succeeded in landing on the moon.
A. that B. which C. when D. in which
27. May the fourth is the day ________ we Chinese people will never forget.
A. which B. when C. on which D. about which
28. We are going to spend the Spring Festival in Guangzhou, _____ live my grandparents and some relatives.
A. which B. that C. who D. where
29. The hotel __________ during our holidays stands by the seaside.
A. we stayed at B. where we stayed at
C. we stayed D. in that we stayed
30. Is it in that factory __________ “Red Flag” cars are produced?
A. in which B. where C. which D. that
31. It is the Suez Canal __________ separates Asia __________ Africa.
A. which, to B. where, from
C. that, from D. that, with
32. Under the bridge, however, almost directly below, ______ was a small canoe, with a boy in it.
A. there B. where C. it D. which
33. He is not __________ a fool __________.
A. such, as he is looked B. such, as he looks
C. as, as he is looked D. so, as he looks
34. Is that the reason __________ you are in favour of the proposal?
A. which B. what C. why D. for that
35. He must be from Africa, __________ can be seen from his skin.
A. that B. as C. who D. what
36. He has two sons, __________ work as chemists.
A. two of whom B. both of whom
C. both of which D. all of whom
37. I, __________ your good friend, will try my best to help you out.
A. who is B. who am C. that is D. what is
38. He is a man of great experience, __________ much can be learned.
A. who B. that C. from which D. from whom
39. ---- Do you know the town at all?
--- No, this is the first time I __________ here.
A. was B. have been C. came D. am coming
40. I don’t like __________ you speak to her.
A. the way B. the way in that
C. the way which D. the way of which
41. The two things __________ they felt very proud are Jim’s gold watch and Della’s hair.
A. about which B. of which C. in which D. for which
42. The dinner was the most expensive meal we __________.
A. would have B. have had C. had never had D. had ever had
43. Do you know which hotel __________?
A. she is staying B. she is staying in
C. is she staying D. is she staying in
44. There is only one thing __________ I can do.
A. what B. that C . all D. which
45. Who can think of a situation __________ this idiom can be used?
A. which B. that C. where D. in that
46. I have many books, some of __________ are on chemistry.
A. them B. that C. which D. those
47. They were interested __________ you told them.
A. in which B. in that C. all that D. in everything
48. The astronaut did many experiments in the spaceship, ________ much help for knowing space.
A. which we think it is B. which we think are of
C. of which we think is D. I think which is of
49. The great day we looked forward to __________ at last.
A. come B. came C. coming D. comes
50. I like the second football match __________ was held last week.
A. which B. who C. that D. /
1. 有些动词带有两个宾语，即直接宾语和间接宾语，变被动语态时，可把其中一个宾语变成主语，另一个留在被动结构谓语后面。需要注意的是：若把直接宾语变成被动语态的主语，需要在间接宾语之间加上介词“to”。 （主动语态）
▲常带双宾语的词有：tell , show , lend , pass等。
2. 在主动语态中，某些动词之后带有复合宾语，即宾语和宾语补足语，这个复合宾语由动词不定式来充当，to被省略，但在被动语态中，这个to还要还原。 （主动语态）
She is often heard to sing this popular song .（被动语态）
▲ 有这种用法的常用动词有：make , let , see , hear , watch , feel , notice等。
3. 有些“be +过去分词”的结构并不是被动语态，它们有可能是“系表结构（即系动词之后由过去分词来充当表语）。”
The window wants /needs/requires repairing.
The book is worth reading twice.
The door won’t shut. /
The play won’t act.
The clothes washes well.
/ The book sells well.
The dish tastes delicious. /
Water feels very cold
4. 只有及物动词和可有宾语的动词+介词词组才可以有被动语态。 ） 4
?GreatchangeshavetakenplaceinChina.(正确)eg. ? ?GreatchangeshavebeentakenplaceinChina.(错误)
dinthedeepsea.(正确)?Thedolphindisappeare ? Thedolphinwasdisappearedinthedeespea.(错误)?
leave, enter, reach, become, benefit, cost, equal, contain, last, lack, fit, fail, have,
appear, happen, occur, belong to, take place, break out, come about, agree with, keep
up with, consist of, have on, lose heart 等等。
1. A talk on Chinese history in the school hall next week .
A. be given B. has been given C. will be given D. will give
2. To make our city more beautiful , rubbish into the river .
A. needn’t be thrown B. mustn’t be thrown
C. can’t throw D. may not throw
3. You may go fishing if your work .
A. is done B. will be done C. has done D. have done
4. The trees must three times a week .
A. water B. is watering C. be watered D. waters
5. — I won’t come to the party unless Sue , too .
— You mean if Sue comes you’ll come ?
A. will invite B. invites C. invited D. is invited
6. I like my new bike . It very well .
A. rides B. is riding C. is ridden D. has ridden
7. Mr. Chen has a lond voice . His voice can clearly even in that big
A. hear B. be heard C. be hearing D. have heard
8. — It’s time to do your homework , Jack .
— Yes , Mum . I’ll turn off the TV as soon as the programme .
A. ends B. end C. will be ended D. will end
9. You to the meeting , why didn’t you go ?
A. be invited B. will be invited
C. were invited D. are invited
10. A lot of trees along the river last year .
A. planted B. are planted C. were planted
1. The rivers smells terrible People must dirty things into it .
A. be stopped to throw B. be stopped from throwing C. stop to throw D. stop
2. Paper first invented in China .
A. is B. are C. was D. were
3. — Do you like the flower ? — Yes , it sweet .
A. is smelling B. smelt C. is smelt D. smells
4. It snowed heavily last night . The ground thick snow .
A. was covered with B. was filled with C. was made of D. covered with
5. The light in the room before you leave .
A. must turn of B. will turn off C. are turned D. must be turned off
6. the kind of question often in your class , Ann ?
A. Does , ask B. Is , asked C. Has , asked D. Will , ask
7. The bridge in three weeks .
A. will build B. is built C. will be built D. builds
8. The old men and the children must in our country .
A. take good care B. be taken good care C. take good care of D. be taken good care of
9. Paul doesn’t have to be made He always works hard .
A. learn B. to learn C. learned D. learning
10. The girl was unhappy because she by some boys in the class .
A. is laughed B. was laughed C. laughed at D. was laughed at
11. We that the English test next Monday .
A. are told , gives B. tell , will give C. are told , will be given D. told , is going to be given
12. Great changes place in China since 1978 .
A. have been taken B. have taken C. has been taken D. took
13. the red pencil-box by your father last week ?
A. Has , bought B. Was , bought C. Does , buy D. Did , buy
14. Mary many songs at the party .
A. heard sing B. heard to sing C. was heard sing D. was heard to sing
15. trees usually in April ?
A. Have , planted B. Are , planted C. Do , plant D. Were , planted
16. When we got there , the broken road repaired .
A. is being B. was being C. has been D. /
17. The windows of the room once a week .
A. has been cleaned B. is cleaned C. are cleaned D. are cleaning
18. In 1620 , about half the USA forests .
A. was covered B. was covered by C. were filled with D. covered with
20. A present me by my friend on my birthday .
A. is giving B. was given to C. is given for D. will give to
21. By was the book ?
A. who , wrote B. whom , write C. whom , written D. whom , writing
22. Films about crime and violence（暴力与犯罪） by young children .
A. should not see B. should be not seen C. should not be seen D. should be seen
23. In warm weather fruit and meat long .
A. can’t be kept B. don’t keep C. is not kept D. aren’t keeping
24. Half the world’s telephone calls in English .
A. are made B. are making C. make D. is made
25. That building now .
A. is building B. is built C. is being built D. builds
26. The trees in our school every Friday afternoon .
A. are watered B. are watering C. have watered D. water
27. More “ Great Green Walls ” must all over the world .
A. build B. are built C. be building D. be built
28. His school bag by a woman ten minutes ago .
A. took away B. was taken away C. was taken off D. is taken
29. It that she very clever .
A. was said , is B. was said , were C. is said , is D. is said , is being
30. Yesterday a visitor something about his hometown .
A. was asked B. was asking C. is asked D. Asked