ⅠUnit1~Unit4 key points
1. Now my parents own a Chinese restaurant．现在我的父母拥有一家中国餐馆。
2. 1 have a brother called Edwin．我有一个名叫埃德温的哥哥。
1) called Edwin为v-ed分词短语，作定语时通常后置。
2)called意为“称呼，名叫”，与它意思相同的还有：named, with the name of.
3. He works as an architect．他担任建筑师的工作。
☆architect n．建筑师 ___________n．建筑学
4. enclose?随信附上?? 随信寄照片、资料等，都可以用这一表达方法。例：My brother enclosed a photo of my niece in his letter.我哥哥随信附上一张我侄女的照片。
5. Wendy Wang must be one of the top students in Shanghai．温迪.王一定是上海的高材生之一。
6. Now all of her family work in her business．现在所有她的家人都在她的公司工作。
☆family注意点：_____________________________________________________________ 我家是个大家庭。My family _____(is, are) very large．
我的家人都很好。 My family _____(is, are) all very well．
☆business n．________ 出差 _________
busy adj．忙的busily adv．忙地
8. over half a million超过50万
☆over作介词，意为“超过，多于”，相当于_______。例：He was away over (more than) a month．他离开一个多月了。
9. I always go to school in my own car. 我总是坐我自己的车去上学。
in one's car= by car坐小汽车
10. 辨析：enough to，too?to，so?that
☆enough to 和 too?to 构成简单句，so?that 构成复合句；enough to ,too?to 表示否定。我太小了，不能开车。____________________________= ____________________________= ____________________________
11. 辨析：attend， take part in， join
☆三者都有“参加”之意。attend 指__________；take part in 多指参加______；join ____________。
12. On Friday we have Computer Club meetings. 每周五我们都参加电脑社会议。
☆have用作行为动词，常与名词连用表示与该名词相当的动词意义，如：have a meeting/a swim/a walk/a lesson?开会/游泳/散步/上课??。 否定句和疑问句中要用助动词do/does/did。例：-Do you often have a walk after supper? –Yes, I do./ No, I don’t.
13. I go to my office and continue working on my games. 然后我到办公室继续设计电脑游戏。 ☆ continue doing sth 继续做某事。例：How can you continue writing in such dim light？这么暗的光线你怎么能继续写呢？类似用法：stop, go on , finish
☆ work on 从事（某工作），例：Let us work on our project. 让我们继续搞我们的项目。 ---“Have you finished your homework, Tom?”
---“I am working on it Mum!”
14. No one knew what was happening．没有人知道发生了什么事。
例：I wonder whose house that is．我想知道那是谁的房子。
15. What's going on？发生什么事了？ 与它意思相同的表达还有：_______________________________
16. Was my father afraid of that man? 我爸爸害怕那个人吗？
1）be afraid of sb/sth害怕??。例：她怕狗。_____________________
2） be afraid that恐怕??。例：恐怕我弄坏了你的钢笔。_____________________________
17. Three young men started talking to us．三个年轻人开始跟我们交谈。
start doing sth开始做??。例：________________________________秋天到了，树叶开始落下。
tell告诉，常见的短语有：tell a lie说谎，tell sb to do sth告诉??做??；tell sb about sth告诉??关于??的情况，tell a story讲故事。speak说，后面接语言，如：speak German说德语。talk to/with sb (about sth）与某人谈论（有关??事）。say说，后面接内容。例： ________________________________她说他英语说得很好。
18. Please meet the ferry．请去迎接渡船。
meet sb 意为“迎接某人”。例：你到车站去接她吗？________________________________
19. As we got off, we saw them．我们下船时看见他们了。
这是由as引导的时间状语从句。表示“当??时”，主句和从句的动作同时发生。例：I thought of it just as you opened your mouth．就在你要说的时候，我也想到了。
20.Six policemen stood around the man，who was in handcuffs．6名警察站在一名戴手铐的男子周围。
上周我看了一部非常好的电影，是关于飞碟的。_____________________________________ be in handcuffs带手铐。例：The man who is in handcuffs is my next-door neighbor. 带手铐的男子是我的隔壁邻居。
21.In ancient times，people wrote numbers in many different ways，as these pictures of the number 6 show．在古代，人们用各种各样的方法记录数字，就像这些图片所表示的数字6一样。 in ancient times意为“在古代”。例：________________________________________古代人们用木柴做饭。
22.This was a very important invention because it made it easier to write big numbers and calculate．这是一项十分重要的发明，因为它使书写大数目和计算更容易。
☆make it easier to do?使做??更容易。
23.Abacuses are so fast and accurate that people still use them today．
24.Use your own living computer to solve the problem above．用你自己的活电脑来解决上面的问题。
a living computer一台活电脑。例： The brain is called a living computer.________________. ☆辫析：question，problem两者均可表示“问题”。question多指对不懂的事情提出的问
25.If it is not powerful enough，you will find the answer on page 59.如果它不够强大，你可以在59页找到答案。
I get up at six every morning.
The sun rises in the east and sets in the west．
1. __________; 例：works，happens
2. ____________________; 例：mixes/discusses/washes/teaches 注意：以th结尾的动词是规则变化。
5. ____________________. 例：plays/ stays
（三）频度副词（always, usually, sometimes, seldom, often...）在句子中的位置
1.位于主要行为动词的前面。例： He often does his homework in the evening. (does是行为动词）
2.位于be 动词的后面。例：She is always late for school.（is是be动词）
3.位于助动词和主要行为动词之间。例：I don't usually go to school by bus. (don't是助动，go是行为动词)
（五）时间状语（once一次 twice两次 three times三次 four times四次 on Monday/every day， etc.）常位于句首或句末。
3)其否定句或疑问句需用助动词did/didn't。如：One day I met a friend of mine in the street． I didn't work more than ten hours a day．
He didn't come to school today．
Did you pass the exam?
百分数：75 % ______________________
温度： 35 C ______________________
序数词：12th______ 第九十九 ________
小数： 36.16 ______________________
分数： 4/5 ________________________
年代： 1987年 _______________________
时间： 6:55 ________________________
其它：67路公交车 __________ 302房间 ___________
加________; 减________; 乘________; 除_________.
陈述句：6 plus 3 is 9； 6 minus 3 is 3； 3 multiplied 6 is 18； 6 divided 3 is 2.
祈使句：Add 3 and 6； Subtract 3 from 6； Multiply 3 by 6. Divide 6 by 3.
I. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms.
1. Today is the first day of the new term; the teacher let us introduce _______ in class. (we)
2. Uncle Li is a ________ in a Chinese restaurant. (cooker)
3. Grandma is ________ ill and she’s in hospital now. (terrible)
4. It was the best known and _______ the most popular of her songs. (probable)
5. At the age of 13, Bill Gates has already ________ a computer company. (own)
6. My new flat is on the _______ floor of the building. (twelve)
7. The building is 10 meters in ________ (high)
8. Teachers’ Day comes at the ________ of the new term. (begin)
9. His mother is ________ than I think. (friend)
10. Sony, Ford and Coca-Cola are three big __________. (business)
11. At last, I tried my best to work out the problem __________.(success)
12. I am my class teacher’s ________.(assist)
13. My grandparents go to the park ________ a week.(two)
14.________, the police didn’t come to help them right away.(lucky)
15. We had a warm ________ about our trip three days ago. (discuss)
16. I am glad to see that you look ______ than before. (healthy)
17. Everyone can achieve ________ in his field if he works hard. (succeed)
18. A lot of _________ have happened in this area recently. (rob)
19. It was _________ for Jim to get to school late this morning. (usual)
20. I achieved an “A” in my English test, so I went home _________ in order to tell my parents this good news. (hurry)
21. Last night my father told me a very _________ story. (fun)
22 .Every morning the buses are _________ with schools. (crowd)
23. We need three more _________ for this shop. (account)
24. China isn't rich enough, so it is a _________ (develop) country.
25. The computer makes it_________ (easily) to calculate.
26. Who first __________ the system of numbers from 1 to 9? (invention)
27. I__________ to Mrs. Smith on the phone last night. (speak)
28. In the________ years, he worked hard and become a doctor. (follow)
29. Bell is the ________ of the telephone. (invent)
30. Lily can speak English fluently and ________. (accurate)
31. Before the computer begins ________,you should first program it. (calculation)
32. By working hard, Chinese people will make their country richer and ________.(power)
33. Can you find the ________ in those small towns around Shanghai? (develop)
34. I was ________to hear the news. (amaze)
35. It was an _______ story (amaze)
ⅠChoose the best answer.
( ) 1. Alice’s father is________ university teacher. But he was ________ actor two years ago. A, a, a B, an, a
C. a, an D. an, an D. calling ( ) 2. A man________ Washington became the first President of the U.S.A. A. is called B, calls C. called
( ) 3. Sally is practicing French________ she can work in France soon.
A. in order to B. so as to
C. business/Businesses A. enough old A. come C. if D. so that B. businesses/Businesses D. businesses/Business ( ) 4. Sony and Coca-cola are two big ________. ________ is very important to Hong Kong. ( ) 5. Wendy is only 15 years old. She is________ to drive. B. not old enough C. old enough D. old not enough B. been C. moved D. gone ( ) 6. The Grays came to China in 1992. They have ________ here for more than ten years.
( ) 7. If you ________a gift to a friend in the west, he or she ________ it in front of you .
A. will give, will open B. give, will open
C. will give, open D. give, open
B. about B. went on C. on D. for D. aboard ( ) 8. ---What are you doing ? ---- I am working ________ the maths problem. ( ) 9. After hearing the bell, everyone hurried ________. A. go on C. broad
( ) 10. I haven’t decided which hotel ________.
A. to stay B. we would stay C. to stay at D. was to stay at
( ) 11. The price of rice ________. The government (政府）________ the price of rice.
A. raised, raised B. rose, rose C. rose, raised D. raised, rose
( )12. She Mary’s home yesterday. What do the underline
A. stole it B. robbed it C. fetch
Ⅱ Fill in the blanks with their right forms of the given words. D. bought it.
1. We need three more _________ for this shop. ( assist)
2. The decision of giving up those lying patients_________ everyone at the meeting that day.
3. The Greens_________ (stay) in China for two and a half years.
4. We heard them_________ (argue) a moment ago.
5. China isn't rich enough, so it is a _________ (develop) country.
6. The computer makes it_________ (easily) to calculate.
7. Someone had to program it with_________ (instruct).
III. Rewrite the sentences as required.
1. Everyone knows his name, _________ ________? （反意疑问句）
2. You like this electric cooker. He likes this electric cooker, too.（保持原句意思）
You like this electric cooker, _______ _______ he.
_______ ________ is three plus nine? （划线提问）
4. Open the window, will you? (近义句型转换)
_______ you _____ opening the window?
______ ________ he go to the hospital for?
VIII. Reading comprehension.
A. Choose the best answer.
Popular breakfast foods in the United States, as in many other countries around the world,
include coffee, milk, juice, eggs and bread. Some other breakfast items served in the United States
are thought by many to be traditionally American. However, they actually come from other
A very popular breakfast food in America is the pancake—a thin, flat cake made out of flour
and often served with maple syrup. The idea of the pancake is very old. In fact, pancakes were
made long ago in ancient China.
Bagels, a round thick bread with a hole in the middle, are also popular for breakfast in
America. Polish people in the late 1600s came up with the idea for the first bagels and this new
kind of bread soon took off across Eastern Europe.
In the late 1800s, thousands of Jews from Eastern Europe traveled to the United States and
brought the recipe for bagels with them. Today, New York bagels are said to be the best in the
world. Many people have them with cream cheese for breakfast on the go.
Doughnuts (usually spelled "donut" in the United States) came from France. They were
served to American soldiers in France during World War I (第一次世界大战). After the war,
American soldiers asked cooks in the United States to make doughnuts for them. Now, served with
coffee, they are a very popular breakfast food across the United States.
1. This reading is mainly about_________ .
A. famous places in the United States to eat breakfast
B. popular American breakfast foods coming from China
C. the most popular types of pancakes in the United States
D. the history of popular breakfast foods in the United States
2. Which of the following is true for both bagels and donuts?
A. They both came from Europe. B. They are both easy to make.
C. They are both sweet. D. People in New York make them best.
3. Who brought bagels to America?
A. Polish people. B. Jewish people.
C. Chinese people D. American soldiers.
4. Which of the following is true about doughnuts?
A. It was first made by the French.
B. The soldiers invented them in World War I.
C. Only soldiers eat them in the Untied States.
D. It is round with a hole in the middle.
5. This passage tells us that_________ .
A. the Americans like to eat sweet foods for breakfast
B. all American foods come from other countries
C. not all American foods are really American
D. very few Americans have breakfast every day
B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage.
Human beings are always interested in numbers. In fact, we live in a world ruled_______
Many of us believe some numbers _______ happiness and others bring bad luck. For
example , many hotels in the West don’t have the room 13. In many Asian countries, people hate to use the number 4.
In many countries, 3 is the number of fortune and power. So is the number 7. The saying
“behind the seven locks” means that _______ is really safe. For many people, 7 is their lucky number. That’s _______ we have the 7 wonders of the world instead of 5 or 13 wonders.
The number 13 is the number of bad luck. There are many hotels _______ the 13th floor. And
many people avoid getting married on the 13th day of a month. The worst thing is Friday the 13th , and some people will not _______ at all if it’s Friday the 13th. If there are 13 chairs around a table, people believe that the person sitting on the last chair will die soon! when the EU(欧盟) was founded(建立), there were 13 founding countries but the flag has only 12 stars.
( ) 1. A. in B. on C. for D. by
( ) 2. A. bring B. take C. get D. fetch
( ) 3. A. nothing B. anything C. something D. everything
( ) 4. A. when B. where C. which D. why
( ) 5. A. with B. without C. by D. on
( ) 6. A. go into B. go for C. go out D. enter.
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words.
Can you slice a cucumber with a playing card? Can you make and wear a peacock’s tail made of metal? Can you put on a pig costume and imitate a dying pig? Well, some people can, and they have all a_______ on the television program, China’s Got Talent.
The TV program is a big h______ in China. Millions of people watch it every week to see ordinary people display their u_______ talents. There are many singers and dancers, of course, but also many people who entertain us with their unique abilities. They p_______ that everyone has a talent, even those of us who can’t sing a note or dance a s_______.
China’s Got Talent is the newest in the Got Talent franchise (特许的一系列节目) that began in Britain and now has versions in thirty c_______. But China’s version is a little different. Many of the contestants have heartwarming stories to tell, like “Brother Peacock.” He said he didn’t want to become f_______; he just wanted to make his sick wife smile. He made her smile and he made us smile, too.
A_______ heartwarming story was that of Liu Wei. He is the young man who had an a_______ when he was a child. He lost both of his arms，but d_______ that, he learned to play the piano with the toes on his feet. He has become an inspiration for everyone.
A talent is a n_______ gift or special ability that people have. We all have a talent, it may be big or small; it may even be something unusual, but we all have something unique inside us. What’s your talent? Maybe YOU can be the next s_______ on China’s Got Talent!
D. Answer the questions.
What Are Green-collar Jobs?
Before taking office in January, U.S. President Barack Obama promised to create five million new “green-collar jobs” within a decade. These environmental careers will come from a number of initiatives including building retrofits(翻新), renewable energy, and the manufacturing of plug-in hybrid cars（电油混动车）.
You’ve heard of white-collar workers — they’re the suit-wearing lawyers, sales managers and bankers sitting behind office desks. Then there are the blue-collar jobs — filled by the machinists, electricians and construction workers practicing their trade in factories and on building sites.
Today, there’s a new trend in the job market. Millions of American workers are trading their white or blue collars for a collar of a decidedly greener color. With concerns about the environment at an all-time high, green-collar jobs have become the hot new employment sector. What Makes a Job Green-collar?
The description of a green-collar job falls somewhere between that of white collar and blue collar. Some positions are manual — for example, constructing the steel blades used in wind
turbines(涡轮). Others are managerial or scientific, such as designing energy-efficient buildings or planning out green space (绿地) for a city. But they all have the common goal of improving the quality of our environment by reducing waste and pollution.
With new developments in renewable energy including hydrogen（氢）, wind, solar, geothermal（地热的）, and tidal, the environmental jobs that focus mainly on energy production and efficiency will grow in the near future. These include sustainable（可持续的） construction, building retrofitting, renewable energy research and production, and energy-efficient product installation（建设）(e.g., solar panels,（太阳能嵌板）solar water heaters).
As the economy recovers, sustainable jobs will become increasingly available to those who are interested in using their skills to further help reduce greenhouse gases. Employment in renewable energy is sure to explode within the next few years.
1. After taking the office, U.S. President promised to create five million new “green-collar jobs” within a decade, didn’t he?
2. Is a worker who construct the building a green-collar worker?
3. What’s the new trend in the job market?
4. What is the common goal of green-collar jobs?
5. What do you think the employment in renewable energy in the future?