Unit 4 What would you do?同步作文练习
1. 要写作本单元话题作文，首先要了解谈论想象的情况的表达方式。常见的表达方式就是if引导的虚拟条件句，如If I had a million dollars, I would give some to charity, 在这个句子中从句谓语用动词使用了have的过去式had，主句用should(would，could，might)加动词原形。在虚拟语气的从句中，动词be的过去时态一律用were，不用was，如If I were you，I would take a small present。其次，要了解提出建议常见的表达方式。if引导的虚拟条件句除了用来谈论假设的情况外，也可用来提出建议，听起来比较语气委婉，让人容易接受。以下是提建议的几种常见表达法: What about/ How about + 名词/doing…? Why don't you / we do…? Why not + n. （ do …）? 主语＋ should （ ought to ） +do等句式结构。
If I Had A Million Yuan
What would you do if you had a million yuan? Many people would buy a big house. As for me, if I had so much money, I would not take all the money. I would give half of it to the poor schools in the west part of China. I always hear that many children there can’t afford to go to school. I want to help them. Then, I would give some money to the Green Peace to help protect the environment. I would also travel all over the world, and it must be exciting. I would save the rest of the money for my education, because in this way my parents don’t have to work too hard.
Of course, if I work very hard, I think my dream will come true.
I am happy to hear that you will take part in the English speech contest. You told that you felt shy and nervous. Here I have some advice for you. First, you should read your speech many times and memorize it before the contest. This may make you feel confident. If I were you, I would print
the speech on a small piece of paper. It may be useful if you forget the words. Second, take a deep breath before you start speaking, and it will make you calm down. Remember, take the listeners as you friends, so you won’t feel shy. I hope my advice work on you.
I wish you success. Good luck.
If I Had A Big Garden
I live on the fifth floor, but I really want to have a garden. If I had a big garden, I would make good use of it. First, I would plant many flowers. I would try my best to look after them. When festivals or birthdays come, I would send my flowers to my parents, my teachers and my friends. They can be valuable gifts. Second, I would plant some vegetables. It is safer to eat the vegetables I plant by myself. The last thing I want to do in the garden is to keep a rabbit in the garden, and I would feed them with the vegetables. How wonderful it would be if I had a big garden.
1. What would you do if you had a lot of money? 如果你有很多钱，你会做什么？
2. If I had a million dollars, I’d give it to medical research. 如果我有一百万美元，我就把它捐献给医学研究事业。
3. If I were you, I would wear a shirt and tie. 如果我是你，我会穿衬衣打领带。
4. What if I don’t know anyone here? 如果我不认识任何人，我该怎么办？
5. I get nervous before big parties. 参加大聚会前我感到紧张。
6. They look terrible. 它们看起来很糟糕。
7. I’d wait for him to introduce himself to me. 我会等他向我介绍他自己。
8. If you answered c for most questions, then you are probably pretty confident. 如果对于大多数问题的答案是c, 那你可能非常自信。
9. Social situations don’t bother in the slightest. 社会环境根本困扰不了你。
10. Your friends would probably say that you are easy to get along with. 你的朋友们也许会说你很容易相处。
11. You like talking to one or two people rather than to a group. 你宁愿同一两个人说话而不愿同一群人聊天。
12. She doesn’t want to let her friends down. 他不想让朋友们失望。
13. I can’t think of any good advice to give her, but you always come up with good solutions to people’s problems. 我给她提不出任何好建议来， 你却总能给人们找出解决问题的办法。
1. What if there is no water on earth? 地球上没有水怎么办？
2. It’s getting colder and colder these days. 最近天气变得越来越冷了。
3. He looks honest. 他看上去很诚实。
Her idea sounds good. 她的主意听起来不错。
4. Liu Xiang is confident of winning the race. 刘翔有信心赢得这场比赛。
5.We don’t permit smoking in the office. 我们不允许人们在办公室抽烟。
6. You didn’t bother me in the slightest. 你一点也没有打扰我。
7. How are you getting along with your classmates? 你和同学们相处的怎么样？
8. I would stay at home rather than go to the party. 我宁愿呆在家里，也不愿去参加这个聚会。
9. I won’t let my parents down. 我不会让父母失望的。
10. We are thinking of going to France. 我们正考虑去法国。
11.He couldn’t come up with a answer. 他答不上来。
学校的校刊开展了一次“如果有烦恼，你向谁诉说”的学生问卷调查， 要求写清自己的想法和理由。假设你参加了这次问卷调查，请以此为题，写一篇80字左右的短文。 分析：
这篇作文比较贴近中学生的生活。 在作文开始应先说明有了烦恼会告诉谁,然后再讲理由。讲理由时要注意主要理由在先,次要理由在后, 各条理由之间过渡应自然流畅。由于谈论的是一个假设的情况,所以要注意恰当使用本单元的虚拟语气结构。
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ One possible version:
Nowadays, some boy students smoke, and they think it cool to do that. But I don’t think so. If the boys around me smoked, I would do something to stop them from smoking. First, I would tell them that smoking is bad for health in many ways. As far as I know, smoking leads to cancer and bad memory. It’s not only harmful to the smokers but also to the people around them. Second, I would tell them that some students stole because they didn’t have money to buy cigarettes. Step by step, the broke the law, and were punished. Of course, I would also give them some advice to help them stop smoking. I think they should give up smoking at once, and they should do more exercise instead.
If the students around me smoked, I would try my best to help them give up smoking.
One possible version:
Dear Li Bing，
How are you？My name is Wang Ning. It’s the first time I write to you. I told that you love surfing Internet very much and always spend too much time on the Internet. I like the network, but I never spend too much time doing that. As far as I know, to our young students, spending too much time surfing the Internet is really bad for eyes, brain and heart. If I were you, I wouldn’t do like that, because it’s not only bad for health but also bad for study. As a student, we should have enough time to study and rest. So surfing the Internet is sometimes wasting time to us. I know that is pretty difficult to give up doing the thing you like. If I were you, I would ask my parents to help control the time I take. And I think it a good idea to spend some time doing sports or chatting with friends. It may help you forget the Internet for a while.
Wish you all the best!
One possible version:
How are you?
I am sorry to hear that you have some trouble. My parents used to be very strict with me. I am not allowed to watch TV or surf the Internet. I felt very unhappy, because I thought that I was no longer a child and teenagers should be allowed to do things they like instead of studying all the time. Then I talked with them. I said I should be given more opportunities to develop myself，and I promised that the things I do wouldn’t get in the way of my schoolwork. Finally, they agreed with me, and of course I kept my word. Now, I would talk with my parents whenever I have some trouble, and they are always helpful.
So I think your problem is that you and your parents should understand each other more. If I were you, I would talk to them about all these problems you have. Understanding between parents and child is very important