21. He is a great ________. He has made lots of ________. He ________ a new machine last month. A. invention; inventors; invented B. inventor; inventions; invented C. inventor; invention; invented D. inventions; inventors; invented 22. We are all ______ in the ______ stories. A. interested; interesting B. interesting; interesting C. interested; interested D. interesting; interested 23. There is nothing ________. A. for us to worry
B. of us to worry
C. for us to worry about D. worry about
24. His mother found him ______ a very clever boy. A. be
25. He likes to keep ______ new ideas.
A. trying on B. trying out C. try on D. try out
26. Li Lei often talks ______ but does ______. So everybody says he is a good boy. A. less; more
B. few; much C. more; little
D. little; many
27. Look out! The traffic is moving fast. It’s ______ dangerous ______ cross the street. A. very; for B. so; of
C. much; to D. too; to
28. — I’m sorry I ______ my homework at home. — That’s all right. Don’t ______ it to school this afternoon. A. forgot; forget taking B. forgot; forget to take C. left; forget to take D. left; forget to bring 29. If you want to keep ______, you should eat ______.
A. healthy; healthy B. healthily; healthily C. healthy; healthily D. health; healthy
30. The weather in China is the same ______ America. A. as
C. as that in D. like that in
31. The radio is too noisy. Please ______. A. turn it down
B. turn it on C. turn off it
D. turn down it
32. I hope my child ______ give you any trouble. A. not B. not to C. won’t
33. I found it a little difficult ______ in class because I kept on ______ about the match in the afternoon. A. work; think
B. working; thinking C. to work; think
D. to work; thinking
34. He ran _____ fast _____ we couldn’t catch up with him. A. too; to B. so; that C. very; that D. so; to 35. What you said ______ your work.
A. had nothing to do with B. had to do nothing with C. had nothing to do about
D. nothing had to do with
Thomas Edison lived in America. He 36 plenty of things and 37 people know him.
Edison decided to At that time, there was no electric lamp ((experiments, but he didn’t give up and tried his best to find the 灯丝). He 41 many times and spent a lot of time on it. Some friends of his asked him to 39 it. He 40 which material (电灯) in the world and it brought people 材料) was suitable (适合的) to be a lamp filament 38 . Young
42 the man came in. But he only asked his friend to One afternoon, a 44 of his came to visit him. He was doing his experiment in the lab and Edison said nothing to him. He was 46 and didn’t stop to talk with him. The man sat for 45 the times and said. “But I have discovered 1,200 materials that 49 you’ve failed 1,200 times.” “You’re right, my friend,” Edison went on doing his experiment 48 Edison and said, “You’ve done the experiments 1,200 47 50 to be a lamp filament.” 36. A. used
B. made C. invented D. discovered
37. A. most B. few C. a few D. some
38. A. too much trouble B. too much pleasure C. safety D. comfort 39. A. find
C. like D. discover
40. A. knew B. found C. thought D. didn’t know
41. A. won B. failed C. lost D. got 42. A. begin
B. go on with
D. try out
43. A. lamp B. material C. tool D. machine
44. A. friend
B. classmate C. helper D. relative
45. A. before
B. after C. as soon as D. when
46. A. sit down B. go out C. go home
D. help him
47. A. a while
B. a short time C. a long time D. no time 48. A. pleased with
B. angry with C. polite to D. thankful to
49. A. when B. as
C. and D. yet
50. A. are suitable B. aren’t suitable C. are enough D. can work 阅读理解。（每小题1分，共15分）
Yang Zhenhua has been a taxi driver for years. He knows every corner of the city. His work usually wins him thanks except when he meets foreigners, for Yang doesn’t know any English.
toolbox. “I study English to help with Beijing Olympics,” he said proudly. Yang is just one of the millions “Now I study English in my free time,” said Yang in his 40s. He pulls an English textbook from the of common people in Beijing who started to learn English when Beijing became the host city of the 2008 Olympic Games. Learning and speaking is hot among the people of this 3,000-
year-for everyday communication (old city. Men and women, old and young are studying their “ABC”. Books about useful expressions 交流) are the most popular.
Nearly 3,000 students from 50 universities in Beijing reached the streets last August as volunteers (Some people, such as taxi drivers, bus conductors and policemen, are asked to learn basic English. 者) to teach English to the people of this city. They taught common and useful sentences, such as
志愿greetings (Beijing citizens can speak English. It is said that it will rise to 70% or 80% during the following six years. 打招呼) and asking and answering simple questions. Official figures show that about 15% of Besides, the government encourages the use of English in many places. The city underground railways give messages by radio in both English and Chinese. English, not Chinese, is used as the most important working language of the Olympic Committee (English freely. Many are good at the language.
委员会). Nearly all the committee members can speak 51. Yang Zhenhua can hardly win himself thanks from foreigners because ______. A. he isn’t polite to them at all B. he is a common taxi driver C. he can’t speak English D. he doesn’t know the city well
52. According to the report, the English beginners in Beijing like to learn ______ best. A. the letters A, B, C
B. everyday English
C. English texts D. words and expressions
53. Nearly 3,000 students from 50 universities in Beijing reached the streets last August to ______. A. practice their spoken English
B. show their love for Beijing
C. tell people the importance of English D. teach the Beijing citizens English 54. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. All the people in Beijing are asked to speak English.
B. Beijing citizens are encouraged to use as much English as possible. C. All the taxi drivers in Beijing must speak English. D. About 70% of Beijing citizens can speak English now. 55. The report is about ______. A. the importance of English B. how to learn English well C. the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games D. Beijingers’ interest in learning English
词汇。（每空 0.5 分，共 5 分）
根据句意及所给的首字母完成下列单词。 66. Thomas Edison was a great i___________. 67. I’m sure I’ll pass the exam. I have lots of c_______.
68. The train was coming near with a loud voice. The boy was too f____________ to move.
69. The policeman helped to find the lost boy. The boy’s parents were very t________ to the policeman.70. The artist, Colin Smith, became i____________ in drawing when he was very young. 71. You should do your homework n_______.
72. The car is very expensive. It is w_______ 300,000 dollars.
73. He found a good job after he g____________ from the university. 74. My uncle wrote about thirty books d______ his lifetime. 75. My grandfather had his o________ company in 1975. Ｖ． 句型转换。（每空0.5分，共15分） A. 同义句转换。
76. Not only his father but also his mother is a teacher. ________ his father ________ his mother ________ ________.
77. The room is so big that we can live in it.
The room is big enough ______ us ______ ______ ______. 78. When he was seventeen years old, he began to learn French. _____ _____ _____ _____ 17, he began to learn French.
79. His parents were poor and they had no money to send their only child to school. His parents were ______ ______ that they ______ send their only child to school. 80. The doctor said to her, “Don’t be late next time.” The doctor told her ______ ______ ______ late next time. B. 按要求完成句子。
81. My coffee is too hot to drink.（变为复合句） My coffee is _____ hot _____ I _____ drink.
82. Don’t forget to turn off the radio, _______ you?（完成反意疑问句） 83. Both of my friends know the news.（改为否定句） ______ ______ my friends ______ the news.
84. It took her two hours to finish the work.（对划线部分提问） ______ ______ did it ______ her to finish the work?
85. Jim told Rose how she should spend the day.（变为简单句） Jim told Rose how ______ ______ the day. ＶＩ． 补全对话。（每题1分，共5分）
A: Hello, Mrs White! B: Hello, Mrs Wu!
A: Are you going to do some shopping? B: Yes. What about you?
A: (86) _____________________ I’ve heard that the things in the new market are nice and cheap. I want to go there. (87) _____________________
B: That’s good. (88) _____________________ I’m busy noin an hour. I’m afraid I can’t be back before they come if I go shopping today.w. A few Chinese friends will come to see me A: It doesn’t matter. We can go when you are free.
B: By the way, (89) _____________________ I haven’t been there yet. A: It’s on the other side of the river. It’s a little far from here. B: How long will it take me to get there by bike?
A: Half an hour. (90) _____________________ It will take you right there. B: Thanks a lot. See you! A: See you!
的信息都必须用上，可适当发挥。字数 根据下列表格提供信息，写出语法正确、意思连贯、符合逻辑的英文文段。表格中所提供80左右。 Name Midori Born
In 1952 in New York Profession A famous ice skater 4 years old
10 years old Became a skating champion 14 yours old Toured America Now A kind and loving grandmother