初二英语2014.1 I 听力部分 （20分） 小题，每小题1分）
八年级英语期末试卷 第 1 页 共 8 页 第一节（共10
八年级英语期末试卷第 2 页 共 8 页
II 笔试部分 （80分）
一、单项填空 在A、B、 C、 D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
1. — I think English is __________ unimportant subject.
— I don’t think so. It is __________ useful tool when we talk with foreigners.
A. a; an B. an; a C. a; a D. an; an
2. We need __________ at the hotel for __________ because of the heavy snow.
A. stay; short stay B. staying; a short stay
C. to stay; short stay D. to stay; a short stay
3. Now a large number of people start __________ the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
A. understand B. understood C. understanding D. to understand
4. The children are making too much __________. How __________ they are playing!
A. noise; noisily B. noise; noisy C. noisy; noisy D. noisy; noisily
5. — __________ does your new friend __________?
— She is tall and slim with long hair and bright eyes.
A. How; like B. What; look C. What; look like D. How; look like
6. — They will need __________ volunteers for 2014 International Horticulture Exposition (国际园艺博览会) in Qingdao.
— Let’s go and join them.
A. thousand of B. thousands of C. three thousand of D. three thousands
7. — Look! The girl with long hair is making a snowman. Is she Sandy?
— It __________ be her. I’m not sure.
A. mustn’t B. must C. can’t D. may
8. Vivien worked very hard at all her lessons. __________, she became the top student in her class.
A. In order to B. As a result C. As usual D. For example
9. When I heard some shouts above me, I knew I was still __________ after the terrible earthquake.
A. living B. live C. alive D. lively
10. Everything begins to grow when spring __________.
A. reaches B. gets C. gets to D. arrives
11. Wild animals have __________ living areas. Instead, the farms are getting _________.
A. less and less; more and more B. fewer and fewer; more and more
C. less and less; larger and larger D. fewer and fewer; larger and larger
12. The group of trees __________ some shade __________ us.
A. provided; for B. provided; with C. offered; for D. offered; with
13. — What shall we do now?
— __________ it’s raining hard, let’s stay at home.
A. So B. Since C. Though D. Otherwise
14. — Let me introduce myself. I’m Albert.
A. That’s very nice B. It’s nice of you
C. Nice to meet you D. How nice
八年级英语期末试卷 第 3 页 共 8 页
A mother planted many kinds of vegetables in her garden. One day, she said to her “Betty, come here. Look at all these little yellow marks（斑点）on the of the cabbages ( a kind of vegetable ). They are eggs of a kind of insect. They are very beautiful but very bad for cabbages. This afternoon you must all the eggs on the leaves and kill them. In this way, you will help us have ”
Betty didn’t think she could do it and in the end she forgot all about it. The mother fell ill for a few days and work in her garden. When she was well, she took Betty with her to the garden to see the cabbages. To surprise, the insects have eaten every leaf. When Betty saw this, she began to . Then her mother said to her, “We should never put off（推迟）what we have to do today till And you must learn to deal (处理) with the bad things they are small, or it will turn into a big problem.” 1. A. son 3. A. see
B. mother B. leaves B. look at B. worse B. at last B. couldn’t B. our
B. shout B. today
C. daughter C. grass C. find C. thinner C. needn’t C. her C. run
D. sister D. top D. look for D. newer D. at once D. shouldn’t D. their D. work D. later
2. A. trees 4. A. better 5. A. at most 7. A. my 8. A. cry
C. at the moment
6. A. mustn’t
9. A. yesterday C. tomorrow
10. A. because B. while C. after D. before 三、阅读理解 阅读下面的短文，然后根据短文内容选择最佳答案。
You may know the English letters A, B and C. But do you know there are people called ABCs? Do you know there is such a thing as “a banana person”? How strange! ABC means American-born Chinese. An ABC is a Chinese, but was born in the United States. Sometimes, people call an ABC a “banana person”. A banana is yellow outside. So, when a person is a “banana”, he or she is white inside—thinking like a Westerner and yellow outside—looking like a Chinese.
Usually, ABCs know little about China or the Chinese language. Some of them don’t speak Chinese. But if ABCs cannot speak Chinese, can we still call them Chinese people? Yes, of course. They are overseas（海外的）Chinese. These people may be citizens（公民）of another country like the US, Canada or Singapore. But they have Chinese . Their parents, grandparents or even great-grandparents were from China. They all have black eyes and black hair.
But they are not Chinese citizens. They are people of the People’s Republic of China. For example, we all know the famous scientist C. N. Yang（杨振宁）. He got the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1957. Chinese people love him. But he is an American citizen. 1. “ABCs” in this passage means .
A. three English letters
B. a kind of banana D. Americans born in China
C. Chinese born in America
八年级英语期末试卷 第 4 页 共 8 页
2. Chinese in Western countries are called “banana persons” because .
A. their bodies are white inside but yellow outside B. they think like Westerners but look like Chinese C. they were born in China but go to study in America D. they like to eat bananas A. 洪水
3. The underlined word “blood” may probably mean . 4. Which of the sentences is WRONG about ABCs?
A. ABCs may know little about China. C. They may speak little Chinese. A. different kinds of bananas C. the Nobel Prize
B. They are overseas Chinese. D. They are Chinese citizens. B. overseas Chinese D. the story of C.N. Yang B
Maybe you know floods, earthquakes, sandstorms and so on. But have you heard of typhoons? Typhoons are some of the worst storms, usually around the Pacific Ocean and the South China Sea. Most happen in July, August and September.
How does a typhoon happen? When lots of sea water gets hot in the summer sun, it evaporates （蒸发）into the air. This makes the air hotter. When the air gets warm enough, it starts to move higher up into sky. Then cooler air around it rushes in. It fills the space that is left. After the air gets warmer, it starts to move quickly, making wind. The wind goes in circles（圆圈）and it keeps moving higher in the sky. The warmer the air gets, the quicker the wind moves. And when the wind moves faster than 30 metres a second, a typhoon begins.
A typhoon has two parts, one is called the “eye”. In the eye, the wind does not move so fast. The other part is the wall of clouds around the eye. Here are the strongest winds and hardest rains.
Typhoons are very dangerous. In November this year, Typhoon Haiyan killed 5500 people in Philippines. More people are missing.
What to do when a typhoon hits?
? Stay inside. Close all the windows and stay away from them.
? Try to bring all of your things inside. Strong winds could even blow away your bikes! ? Listen to the radio or TV for important information. ? If you’re told to go to a safer place, do it right now. 6. This passage is most probably from
A. an advertisement of a typhoon C. a weather report A. in the hot season
B. a travel record D. a science magazine C. only in China
D. under the sea
5. This passage mainly talks about 7. Typhoons often happen B. in the cold season
8. In which order（顺序）does a typhoon happen?
a. The wind moves fast enough, a typhoon starts. b. The air moves quickly, making wind. c. The sun makes sea water hot.
八年级英语期末试卷 第 5 页 共 8 页
d. The air gets warmer.
B. c-d-b-a C. c-d-a-b D. d-b-a-c 9. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. The warmer the air gets, the slower the wind moves.
B. 5500 people died because of Typhoon Haiyan around the world.
C. The strongest winds and hardest rains are in the wall of clouds.
D. A typhoon will not happen before the wind goes faster than 30 km a second.
A. close all the windows
B. listen to typhoon news D. go outside to find a safer place C. stay inside the strong house
Hobbies are activities, which we do in our free time. There are so many kinds of hobbies one can choose for his or her own. Some hobbies are really expensive, and some are even dangerous.
The most popular hobbies in our country are as follows:
Collecting hobbies We can collect a lot of things. Usually people collect the stamps, postcards or coins. Some people collect unusual things like old cars, old motorbikes or other interesting things, which could be very expensive.
Art hobbies Going to the theatre, concert（音乐会）, opera; playing some instrument ( the most popular instrument is guitar ); painting, writing, poetry. There are many clubs—such as singing, dancing, etc.
Sports games Everybody does some sport activities—sport can keep us fit. Many students are members of a sports club—basketball, volleyball or swimming.
The other popular hobby is watching TV or a video, playing computer or video games, but it is not so good for your eyes and your mind. Many people here like to spend their free time reading books, magazines and newspapers. Some people like listening to music better. Going out can be very expensive now.
Many students would like to make use of their hobbies in their future jobs, e.g. working with computer, but it is not so easy. Hobbies are very important for everybody. A man would be very poor
八年级英语期末试卷 第 6 页 共 8 页
1. What a ___________ (snow ) day! The ground is covered with deep white snow.
2. It is clear that most of the ___________ ( tour ) visiting the small village are from the UK.
3. After a night’s work without sleep, he looked much ___________ ( sleepy ).
4. If you have a plan, you should put it into ___________ ( act ).
(B) 根据句意和汉语注释，写出单词的正确形式。 5. The ___________（开始）of the movie is interesting, but the rest is boring.
6. There is fog and haze（霾）here these days. What an ___________（糟糕的，很坏的）day!
7. Words can’t ___________（描述）her beauty.
8. Dupont felt so ___________ （遗憾的）that he decided not to tell his family back in France.
1. My mother ____________ ( mop ) the floor when the telephone rang.
2. ___________ ( harvest ) crops, farmers work very hard in the fields every autumn.
3. Almost everyone knows paper ___________ ( catch ) fire easily.
4. Timmy did what he could ____________ ( find ) his way out after the earthquake.
5. The cleaners were busy ____________ ( clear ) the snow from the streets after the heavy snow.
6. I’m surprised to hear that she ___________ ( fall ) off her bike carelessly yesterday.
7. Nobody knows what ____________ ( happen ) to him in a few years.
8. Spring Festival is coming, Li Lei with his parents ____________ ( prepare ) to visit Hainan Island these days.
1. What does this sentence mean? (保持意思基本不变)
What is the this sentence?
2. When the twin sister Huihui was born, she weighed just 1950 grams. (保持意思基本不变) The twin sister Huihui weighed just 1950 grams 3. 对划线部分提问)
does Mr. White go to Zhalong to watch birds?
did you up early?
5. It took him only a short time to finish the work. (保持意思基本不变)
He only a short time the work.
八年级英语期末试卷 第 7 页 共 8 页
too much sweet food his problems.
The price of the vegetables a lot of the storm.
We should stop people from wildlife.
The mother cat the little cat was catching the butterfly.
You’d other tasks any more, for we don’t have enough
On your way home or to school: for the green traffic light, and look left and right , don’t cross until it is really safe. Dress in bright .
At school: When students around you begin to push, try to hold onto something, or stay in a safer corner. If you fall down in a crowded（拥挤的）place, cover your head with b hands.
When there’s a fire: Stay calm and leave quickly. Use a piece of wet cloth to cover your mouth and nose so that you can protect yourself from s. If your clothes catch fire, please drop to the ground and roll from side to side to put out the fire.
For eating: Wash fruit like apples or grapes carefully b 7 you eat them. Check the expiration dates（保质期）and if your food looks or smells t, don’t eat it.
For riding on the escalator（自动扶梯）: Hold onto the handrails（扶手）to run up and down on them. You may fall down because escalator steps（台阶）are not fit for r 10 .
1. 第3 要点的内容须用2～3句话作适当发挥；
八年级英语期末试卷 第 8 页 共 8 页