1. A knife is used for ___________ things.
A. cutting B. cut C. cuts D. to cut
2. All the books will _______ to the children who live in the small village.
A. be sent B. sent C. be send D. send
3. When __________ the car __________?
A. did, invent B. was, invented C. does, invent D. is, invented
4. Sally knew nothing about it__________ her sister told her.
A. until B. since C. because D. if
5. The house needs ___________ but we plan to wait until next summer to do it.
A. to paint B. being painted C. painted D. to be painted
6. A talk on Chinese history ___________ in the school hall next Tuesday.
A. be given B. has given C. will be given D. will give
7. The number of teachers in our school ________ 60 and a number of them ________ male teachers.
A. is; are B. are; is C. am; are D. be; are
8. Please take the medicine three times a day, __________ it won’t work well.
A. and B. but C. or D. so
9. They are made ___________ for 14 hours a day.
A. work B. to work C. worked D. working
10. The boy was often seen __________ on the sports ground.
A. to play B. play C. played D. to playing
11. The World Wide Wed is sometimes jokingly called the World Wide Wait because it __________ be very slow.
A. should B. must C. will D. can
12. Daniel plays chess __________, if not better than, David.
A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as
13. –---Is your stomachache getting __________? ----No, it’s worse.
A. better B. bad C. less D. well
14. She worked so quietly _________ no one knew she was there.
A. which B. after C. as D. that
15. Sam, you hair is too long and it looks dirty. You’d better ________ it _______.
A. have, to cut B. get, cutting C. have, cut D. get, cutted
16. Look around while ___________ the street.
A. cross B. crossing C. crossed D. to cross 1
17. In his free time, he often teaches me how __________.
A. swim B. swimming C. to swim D. swims
18. Gilbert __________ electricity, but Edison ________ the light bulb.
A. discovered; created B. invented; discovered
C. found; created D. discovered; invented
19. He found ________ very difficult ___________ the math problem.
A. that; to solve B. this; solving C. himself; solve D. it; to solve
20. We’ll take our holiday _________ in August, I think.
A. some time B. sometimes C. sometime D. some times
21. ---Here’s coffee and tea. You may have ________. ---Thanks.
A. either B. each C. one D. it
22. Now many Chinese farmers like traveling from one place to _________ to enjoy the beautiful views of our country.
A. other B. others C. the others D. another
A. a mistake B. mistake C. the mistake D. mistakes
24. ---Your dress is so nice. ---Thanks! It ______ by my uncle as a birthday present.
A. gave B. was given C. has given D. will give
25. Could you tell me _______? I want to post a letter.
A. where is the post office B. where the post office is
C. how can I get to the cinema D. how I can get to the cinema
二、完型填空(15%) Jack was a rich young man. One day, he was ___26___ very happily down a street. Suddenly from his car came a terrible sound. He felt ___27___, so he stopped his car and looked around. He saw a child standing nearby with a few small stones in his hand. He jumped ___28___the car and found a dent (凹痕) in the door. He was so ___29___that he caught the boy and shouted at him, "Who are you? ___30___ did you throw a stone at my new car?"
"Please, sir, please...I'm sorry! But I didn't know what else to do!" said the child. "I threw the stone ___31___ I wanted to get you to notice me. I need your ___32___!”
Tears (眼泪) were running down the child's face. He said, "My brother ___33___ out of his wheelchair (轮椅) and was almost under it. He is hurt and too ___34___ for me. Could you give me ___35___to get him back into his ___36___?"
After hearing this, Jack was moved (感动) and ___37___to help him. He lifted the child's brother___38___back into his wheelchair. He looked over the boy carefully to make sure that he was OK. Then he watched the child ___39___his brother towards their home. Suddenly the child ___40___ and bowed (鞠躬) to him. Jack looked at the dent in his car and smiled.
26. A. walking B. riding C. jogging D. driving 2
27. A. excited 28. A. into 29. A. happy 30. A. Why 31. A. if 32. A. money 33. A. fell 34. A. difficult 35. A. a hand 36. A. car 37. A. hurried 38. A. quietly 39. A. carry
40. A. cried out
B. interested B. across B. sad B. How B. because B. car B. got B. weak B. a touch
B. wheelchair B. preferred B. gently B. send
B. looked around C. surprised C. over C. angry C. When C. though C. help C. climbed C. heavy C. a pull C. house C. wanted C. calmly C. take
C. turned around D. tired D. out of D. sorry D. Where D. while D. phone D. pulled D. thin D. a ring D. place D. planned D. tightly D. push D. got up
Matt Mason has seen the future—and it’s fun. Mason likes thinking about how machines can make our lives easier by doing the work we hate, such as cleaning. He shows a hard floor cleaning system（系统）that’s built into the wall: it will blow dirt to a part of the room where it will be collected by a vacuum（吸尘器）. Then the system will drop some cleaner on the floor and an arm will mop（用拖把擦）it up. “This may trouble you,” says Kara, an expert (专家) in Mason’s company. “But you can program it to come on at 3 a. m., and it will just wet-mop the floor for you.”
When it comes to the kitchen, Bruce Beihoff, another expert at Whirlpool, is sure that in a few years, robots will be doing most of the boring work, freeing us to relax. “More than just fun, future kitchens will be environmentally friendly,” he says. “A new system will be built in the house which can recycle energy lost from your kitchen to make the whole home warm.”
“The fridge will be the center of the home,” says Daniel Lee, a market expert. The fridge will have a touch screen （触摸屏幕）where you can watch TV, surf the Internet, check your e-mail, keep a shopping list and order vegetables. “Your fridge is the first place you go in the morning and the last place at night,” says Lee.
Everyone wonders why a 1.9-meter man and a 1.6-meter woman have to cook meals on counters（工作台）of the same height. “The height was decided over 50 years ago, according to the height of ordinary women,” says Jane Langmuir, an expert of cooking machines. “But times have changed. We have made a new counter where you press a button and it moves to whatever height you want.” At the same time, Ted Selker at MIT’s Counter lab has made the Dishmaker which lets you make dishes and bowls out of plastics (塑料) at home. After each meal, the dishes are changed straight back into plastics.
41. How many inventions are mentioned in the passage?
A. Three. B. Four. C. Five. D. Six.
42. In future, if you want to clean your house, you will _________.
A. have a recycling system built in the wall
B. get up early to start your cleaning system
C. use your fridge to give orders to a cleaner
D. leave the work to a kind of cleaning machine
43. What is future kitchen work like?
A. Tiring and boring. B. Funny and friendly.
C. Enjoyable and exciting. D. Interesting and thrilling.
44. From the passage, we know _________.
A. people will have more and more time enjoying themselves
B. future kitchens can provide all the energy for our life every day
C. Robots can do everything for us in the future except dishwashing.
D. people must be expert at computers to use these inventions
45. According to the passage, which is NOT true?
A. The hard floor cleaning system that’s built on the wall will blow dirt to a part of the room where it will be collected by a vacuum.
B. In future the fridge will be the center of the home.
C. A new counter was invented and it can move to whatever height you want just by pressing a button.
D. The Dishmaker can let you make dishes and bowls out of plastics at home.
Now some women are spending a weekend at Mother’s Camp（营地）. There, husbands and children are not allowed. Why would a woman want to take a vacation without her family? Some women say they need time to be alone.
At Mother’s Camp a woman has room to herself. She can sleep, read or watch TV, and no one will bother her. No children will ask, “Mom, what’s for dinner?” No husband will say, “Oh, dear, I can’t find any clean socks.” In fact almost 50% of women in the United States work outside the home. Many of them work full-time and then come home to a second job-taking care of their homes and families. These working women say one of their biggest problems is housework. 4
In the United States, working wives do about 75% of the housework. Many of their husbands say they want to help. But then they burn the rice or they can’t find the pans. They ask so many questions that their wives decide it is easier to do the job themselves.
Some women go to Mother’s Camp just to get a break from housework. For two days they don’t cook, they don’t clean, they don’t look after their children and husbands. What do they do? They enjoy warm, sunny weather, walking, swimming or boating in a clear blue lake and sing songs around the campfire. They relax away from home. They have a really wonderful vacation at Mother’s Camp.
A. women want to work outside the home
B. working wives do most of the housework
C. husbands do as much housework as their wives
D. women do not like to stay at home with their families
47. At Mother’s Camp, women can’tA. watch TV B. read newspapers
C. swim in the lake D. bring their husbands and children
A. they don’t like their husbands and children
B. they have to work full-time
C. they are too busy to relax themselves
D. they want a new life
A. Housework B. Working outside the home
C. When to take a vacation D. Looking after their children
50.What’s the best title（标题）for this passage?
A. Busy Working Mothers B. Welcome to Mother’s Camp
C. Mothers Relax Away from Home D. Mothers in the US
surprising is that it was not ___51___ earlier, although the great inventor Leonardo da Vinci had ___52___ pictures for bicycles and also ___53___ flying machines and some other things. Those things were not produced ___54___ long after he died.
A person riding a bicycle uses very energy ___55___ the bicycle move, and there is no pollution at all when you are riding. Even so, in ___56___ countries, most people don’t travel to work ___57___ bicycle. It is not ___58___ the bicycles are expensive or people feel ___59___ if they ride to work. It’s because the number of cars on the roads becomes ___60___, it certainly 5
becomes ___61___ to ride a bicycle. As a result, more people put ___62___ bikes away and go to work in their cars, and in this way, the situation is made more serious. Perhaps the ___63___ way to make riding safer and more popular is to create paths ___64___ for bicycles, and to make it so difficult and expensive for drivers to take their cars into the city that they ___65___ back to use their bicycles.
66. About 5000 cars were p_________ in the factory last month.
67. This class is too large. We shall have to d________ it.
68. The price of oil has r_________ to $100 a bucket.
69. Of the 7 brothers only 4 now r________, the rest are dead.
70. She was wearing a new dress, but he didn’t even n_________ it.
71. After reading the letter, he t_________ it in the waste-paper basket.
72. Please k_________ on the door before entering.
73. I hope we’re not moving t__________ the war again.
74. Xi’an is the city where many a_________ emperors made the capital.
75. Today is so cold. The temperature is b__________ zero.
76. People believe that Bell invented the first telephone in 1876.(改为同义句)
_______ ________ ________ that Bell invented the first telephone in 1876. 对划线部分提问)
________ ________ they invented _________? 对划线部分提问)
________ _______ you ________to do ? (对划线部分提问)
________ __________the water used for ?
80. They stayed there until 11 o’clock. (同义句)
They _________ leave there _______11 o’clock.
3.参考词汇：some food left； throw away; give…to； zoo keeper; come up to; feed the animals
June 4th Sunday Fine
This morning my parents and I went to visit Ningbo Youngor Zoo and we had a picnic there. We had a big lunch on the grass, but Then we said sorry to him and went on with our visit.
1-5 AABAD 6-10 CACBA 11-15 DBADC 16-20 BCDDC 21-25 ADBBB 26-30 DCDCA 31-35 BCACA 36-40 BABDC 41-45 CDBAA 46-50 BDCAC
51. invented 52. drawn 53. for 54. until 55. to make 56. developed 57. by
58. because 59. tired 60. larger 61. more dangerous 62. their 63. best 64. only
65. will go 66. produced 67. divide 68. risen 69. remain 70. notice 71. threw
72. knock 73. towards 74. ancient 75. below 76. It is believed 77. Who were by
78. What were ask 79. What is 80. didn’t until