Review Unit 9
When was it invented ?
用来做电灯泡微波炉错误的偶然意外落入be used forlight bulbmicrowave ovenby mistakeby accidentfall into
in this way这样
knock into sb撞上某人invent sth发明某物
be (was/were) invented by sb被sb发明
the most helpful invention用来做某事
be used for doing=be used to do sth过去常常used to do sth习惯做某事be used to doing sth用光use up
..的用途the use of sth
scoop ice cream舀冰淇淋
舀冰淇淋的勺子heated ice cream scoop带有可调整后跟的鞋
shoes with adjustable heels
shoes with high heels高跟鞋
battery--operated slippers/sneakers给某人做手术operate on手术operation
错误的/巧合的做某事do sth by mistake在某方面犯错误make mistakes in sth把盐撒在...上面sprinkle salt on sth
an ancient Chinese legend
boil drinking water一个古老的中国传说古文化煮开水
one hundred years=one century百年一世纪early in the 21st century在21世纪初
包括某事including sth创造某物create sth由...制成<不>be made from由...制成<能>be made of
on a hard wooden floor撞上某人knock into sb敲门knock at the door把...分成...部分divide sth into...的目标theaim of sth
a developping country一个发展中国家
a developped country一个发达国家
the popularity of...的流行
在1891年in 1891在19世纪90年代in the 1891s上一节历史课have a history class我的一个朋友a friend of mine我的一些伙伴some partnersof mine手提计算器hand--held calculators在户内玩play indoors发明一种游戏create a game..的安全跌倒fall down the safety of
出生于be born in /on历史上第一场篮球赛
the first basketball game in history参加take park in在黑暗中in the dark改变...的风格change the style of sth
...的数量the number of许多a number of = a lot of梦想做某事dream about /of doing sth深受人们喜爱的运动
much-loved and active sport… 一个叫...的医生
a doctor called/named
人们认为游览中国自从那以后注意..It's believed thatIt's heard thatIt's said thatIt's thought thattravel around Chinasince thennotice
从休闲到正式from casual to dressy
ina bad mood =be moody心情糟糕
直到...才not...until被发现be discovered在篝火上的炉over an open fire
1. ---Can the American student understand what the letter says?---Sure. It _______in easy Chinese. BA. writes B. is written C. is writing D. wrote
2. ---Who was paper invented_______? A
---A Chinese man named Cai Lun long ago.
A. by B. / C. for D. asA3. ---Do you mind _____ here?
---It doesn’t matter to me. But the sign says, “Smoking isn’t _____ here.”A. smoking, allowed B. smoking, allowing
C. to smoke, allowed D. to smoke, allowing
4. A microwave oven is used _______ heating cold Cfood.
A. by B. to C. for D. as
5. ---Can you fix this kind of machine here?
---I’m afraid not. Maybe it ______ in that shop on Athe other side of the street.
A. can be repaired B. repairs
C. can repair D. can fix
6. Something in China _______to stop the A
population from increasing in the past 20 years.
A.has been done B. has done
C. does D. is doing
B7. ---Do you know when _______?
---On August 8,2008. In about two hundred days.
A.will Beijing Olympic Games be held
B. Beijing Olympic Games will be held
C. will Beijing Olympic Games hold
D. will Beijing Olympic Games holdD8. Your homework must ________ before you leave school.
A. hand in B. finish C. do D. be handed in
9. ______the way, would you please tell me whether we can Cwork out the problem_____ this way?
A. On, in B. By, by C. By, in D. In, on
10. ---Which coat do you want to buy, the blue one or the green one?
---______ of them. One for the son and the other for the Adaughter.
A. Both B. Every C. Neither D. Any
11. ---Do you know when _________? D---Over a century ago.
A.was the telephone discovered
B. the telephone was discovered
C. was the telephone invented
D. the telephone was invented
12. ---How long have you _______this watch?C
---More or less ten years, but it still works well.
A. bought B. got C. had D.borrowed A13. Chang'e-1 was _______ at 6:05 pm on Oct. 24 from Xichang in southwestern Sichuan
A. sent up B. sending up C. send up D. to send up
14. The number of the people who catch cancer _______ increasing in the area. A number of themD______ died.
A. are, have B. is, has C. are, has D. is, have
15. Tom _______ to stay at home until his homework B_______.
A. asked, was finished
B. was asked, was finished
C. asked, finished
D. was asked, finished
A16.She _______from the chair, ________ her voice
and went on speaking.
A. rose, raised B. raised, rose
C. rose, rose D. raised, raised
17.This is a ________ machine and it didn’t take the D
farmers much time to finish the farm work.
A. helpless B. useless C. help D. helpful
18. ______is believed that China will be B
able to send man to the moon someday in the near future.
A. That B. It C. He D. This
19. After the war, only a few buildings ________ in the town. A. left B
B. remained C. were remained D. stand
20. My grandfather left his hometown in A1949. Ever since then, he ______ home.
A. has never returned B. never returned
C .never returns D. will never return
eat1. The food is cold. Why not h________ it
before you eat it.
entury2. There are 100 years in a c__________.
elow3. The temperature remains b________ zero. It
is still cold.
ises4. The sun r________ in the east and sets in the
nvention5.The computer is a modern i__________ with
its help we can do things better and faster.looking看) 6. Binoculars are used for _________(
farther and clearly.
7. Many different characters are created创造，塑造) in the young __________(writer’s novels.
developing发展) into a modern 8. Ningbo is _________(and exciting worldwide seaport city
ancient古代的) people never 9. The _________(thought that man would travel to the moon.
produced生产，10. Over10,000 cars were _________(制造) in the factory last year.
inventor11. Edison was a great _______. He _______ inventedmore than a thousand ________.(inventions发明)
1. People enjoy basketball throughout the world.is enjoyedby=Basketball _______ ________ ________ people throughout the world.
2. A farmer discovered coffee while he was looking after sheep in the ancient times. bywas discovered= Coffee _______ ________ ________ a farmer while looking after sheep in the ancient times.
3. We appreciate your help greatly.isappreciated= Your help _______ greatly ________.
4. We have thrown away the meat.
have been thrown=The meat ________ ________ _________ away.
5. The teacher divided the class into four groups to discuss where to go on vocation.= The class ________ _________ into four were dividedgroups to discuss where to go on vocation.
6. The children used the money they raised to buy a big present for the teacher.
was used= The money they raised ________ _________
to buy a big present for the teacher.
7. They carry the apples to all parts of the country by truck or train.
= The apples ________ ________ to all parts of are carried
the country by truck or train.
1. Keys are used ____opening and closing the doors.for
2. If you knock ________someone by accident, you into
should say sorry to him or her.
by3. He took my book ________ mistake.
in4. At one time ________ history, the island belonged
to India.on5. The Beijing Olympics will be opened ________ August 8, 2008.
6. Shen Nong discovered tea when he was boiling drinking water _______ an open fire..over
8. They established the sports club two years ago.
was established=The sports club ________ ________ two years ago.
9. The Chinese invented the abacus in the sixth century.was invented= The abacus _________ _________ in the sixth century _______ the Chinese.by10. We must finish the task by the end of this month.must be finished= The task _______ ________ _________ by the end of this month.