1. Mr Li, there is someone in the next room __________ would like to speak with you.
A. he B. who C. which D. whom
2. Her photo is __________ Tian’anmen Square, which won the first prize.
A. in B. of C. for D. at
3. The became well-known after the photo competition.
A. photography B. photographer
C. writer D. thinker
4. “__________, what time is it?” “It’s half past five.”
A. In the way B. On the way C. By the way D. In this way
5. People weren’t used to __________ photos of the earth like this, but it’s true.
A. see B. seeing C. saw D. sees
6. This photo makes her __________ very young.
A. see B. to see C. look D. look at
7. I’m in with a chance __________ the English speech contest.
A. win B. to win C. defeat D. to defeat
8. －Are you going to Australia to spend your winter holiday with your parents? －________ !
A. You bet B. It's a wonderful place C. Have a good trip D. I bet you do
9. －Tony, how did you ________?
－Fine, I took many beautiful photos.
A. get up B. get off C. get on D. get out
10. The car ______ my aunt bought was destroyed by her husband.
A. who B. whose C. which D. what
11. —Congratulations —Thank you.
A. to B. on C. for D. with
12. The boy in the picture is my brother.
A. on the right B. in the right
C. at the right D. of the right
13. －I've lost all the pictures that we took yesterday!
A. You are kidding! B. What’s wrong? C. What do you mean? D. What are you doing?
14. Today Tom’s father will drive his car to Tom .
A. pick; out B. pick; up
C. pick; off D. pick; from
15. ________ the children in this poor village, we are very lucky.
A. Living with B. Compared with C. Worried about D. Thanks to
Do you know something about Liu Kaiqu? When he was young, he was very
of an American, who asked, “How much does it cost?” He said, “500 dollars.” and asked again, “Can you make it cheaper?” He answered, “No.” Then he tore it into pieces. In great, the foreigner said, “Young man, are you angry?” “No, sir. I’m not angry. I sell itbecause I think it is worth(值得的until my customers are satisfied.”
gave up(放弃) 1. A. stole B. picked C. drew D. saw
2. A. attention B. instruction C. decision D. discussion
3. A. terrible B. old C. big D. dear
4. A. fear B. surprise C. difficulty D. excitement
5. A. over B. for C. about D. among
6. A. size B. weight C. position D. price
7. A. we B. he C. you D. it
8. A. harder B. faster C. slower D. worse
9. A. so B. and C. but D. or
10. A. at B. as C. for D. with
What do you usually use mobile phone for? Sending text messages for fun? Playing games? Well, mobile phones can do far more than that.
During 2004's Asian tsunami(海啸), mobile phone saved many lives.
People were using more than 10,000 international phones when the tsunami hit. Police sent text messages to them and found more than 2,000. But how? They followed the signal(信号) and found out where the tourists were.
So, how can something so small be so smart? Well, here’s how.
When you turn the phone on, it tries to find a signal. This signal comes from the telephone network.
When the phone is finding a signal, it also sends a message to telephone network. This message tells the station where the phone is.
When you start to make a phone call, the telephone network tells telecommunication(电信) offices where you are. The office will find out who you're calling, then put you through to your friend. When you start to talk, a device(装置) in the phone changes your voice into electric signals. These signals travel across the telephone network and reach your friend’s phone. Then his phone changes the signals into your voice again. Finally, you can hear each other.
1. What’s the main idea of this passage? It tells us ___________________.
A. mobile phones are very useful and how they work.
B. mobile phones saved all the lives during 2004’s Asian tsunami.
C. mobile phones can only be used to send text messages and play games.
2. People were using _________ international phones when the tsunami hit.
A. more than 2,000 B. over 10,000 C. 8,000
3. What’s the meaning of “smart” in the passage?
A. Clever and quick. B. Funny and expensive. C. Foolish and small.
4. When you turn the phone on, it tries to find a signal from .
A. the mobile phones . the telecommunication offices. C. the telephone network
5. From the passage, which sentence is true?
A. When you start to make a phone call, the telephone network tells your friend where you are.
B. When you start to talk, a device in the telephone changes electric signals into your voice.
C. During 2004’s Asian tsunami, police followed the signal and found out where the tourists were.
Many American families live busy lives. Every week, the children have sports, music lessons, club meetings, and many other activities, including (包括) hours of homework. The parents are busy, too. They work, take care of their homes, cook meals, and drive their children to activities. Some families do not have time to eat meals together more than once a week. One American community (社区) decided that it was time to take a break.
After seven months of planning, the community of Ridgewood, New Jersey, took one night off. They called it “Family Night”, a night for families to spend time together. Sports teams stopped their practices, and teachers did not give homework. On “Family Night”, families agreed to turn off their televisions. They also
decided not to answer the telephone. Answering machines said, “Please call back tomorrow.” Many families ordered take-out pizza and other take-out foods so that they wouldn’t spend time cooking.
Popular activities included board games and card games. These games gave families a chance to spend time together. Children and parents weren’t so busy, and children didn’t spend so much time playing video games and watching television. On “Family Night”, families relaxed and spent the evening together. The town hopes to have many more “Family Nights”.
6. Many American families are too busy. （ ）
7. Children have many other activities besides homework. （ ）
8. It took one night for Ridgewood to plan the special “Family Night”. （ ）
9. During “Family Night”, families watched television together. （ ）
10. Parents cooked a big dinner for the whole family on “Family Night”. （ ）
1. 你妈妈将会对你很满意。( pleased)
Your mother will _____________with you.
2. 即使你是正确的， 你也不该打他。（ though）
__________ you are right, you should not beat him.
3. 你的想法似乎很不错，但是需要尝试一下。(try) 4. 同我那部旧相机相比，这部新的用起来更容易些。(compare)
The new camera is a little easier to use my old one.
5. 李教授的相机出毛病了。(wrong with)
6. 这些日子托尼和他的同班同学相处得很好。(get on)
very well with his classmates.
7. 顺便说一下，我们明天去公园划船。(by way)
________, we will go boating in the park tomorrow.
In the UK, the driver should drive ________________________.
Is there a chocolate-powered racing car in the world? Hey!You have read too
(A)________ children's books! But wait!Now，there is really such a racing car in the world．A team from a British university made it．
The chocolate-powered racing car's engine(发动机) uses waste from chocolate factories or vegetable oil as fuel (燃料)．its steering wheel is made from carrots，its seat is made of soybeans，(C)________its brake pads(刹车
片)are made from nuts!Well，can this car run very fast? (D) Certainly!It can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in 2.5 seconds，and go as fast as 135 miles per hour．When the racing car is running，it cleans itself and lets out oxygen．
“It took us more tha，”said a team member．“The car is really green． You can find many of the car's parts at a farmer's market or even in a litter bin because most of the materials(材料) are waste in most people’s eyes．It’s fun．”
However，式的)race because of the engine's unusual fue.
1．在文中(A)和(C)的空白处分别填入适当的词 ________ ________
4．将文中划线部分(F)改写为：the engine's unusualfuel makes it________ to________this eco-friendly car in the officiaI race
假设你是Mike ，决定参加摄影比赛，还拍下了自己家乡的一张照片，请根据你的想像及所给的信息给比赛单位写一封信介绍这张照片。词数：60以上。 内容要点如下：