汶上中学2013 – 2014学年（上）初三期中测试
英 语 试 卷
第一部分 听力 (共四节，满分25分)
( )1. A. B. C.
( ) 2.
)3 A． B． C．
( )4. A．
( )5. A． B． C．
6. A. You are welcome. B. That‘s right. C. It doesn‘t matter.
7. A. By listening to English tapes. B. By watching English movies
C. By studying with a group.
8. A. Yes, I do. B. Yes, I did. C. No, I don‘t.
9. A. Me, too. B. Me neither. C. So have I.
10. A. Oh! I am going to get it pierced. B. Oh! I am going to get it cut.
C. Oh! I am going to get it washed.
11. What is the girl going to Shanghai for?
.A. For her holiday. B. For her business. C. For a test.
12. How soon will the girl come back?
A. In a month. B. In two weeks. C. In a week. 听第二段对话材料，回答13-15题。 13. What does Bolt look like?
A. He‘s tall and thin. B. He‘s tall and strong. C. He‘s short and strong.
14. When was he born?
A. In 1980. B. In 1986. C. In 1976.
15. Why does Nick think Bolt is kind?
A. Because he raised money for the children in poor areas.
B. Because he often helps old people.
C. Because he teaches Nick to run fast.
17. A. classroom B. kitchen C. house
18. A. hat B. clothes C.shoes
19. A. European B. Asian C. Western
20. A. angry B. pleased C.sad
第二部分 英语知识运用 (共三节，满分30分)
21. Did you use to be of speaking in front of a group?
A. worried B. upset C. shy D. terrified
22. —I like to eat fish and chips in the open air. What about you? — .
A. So do I B. So am I C. Either is OK D. You decide
23. Students can‘t get good grades .
A. if they have no work B. if they study
C. if they don‘t study D. if they are working
24. The meeting is . You mustn‘t be late for it.
A. necessary B. helpful C. crucial D. anxious
25. My neighbor was before her driving test.
A. very excited B. sad C. relaxed D. very nervous
26. Jimmy is ____one-year-old boy and he has ___8-year-old sister.
A. an, an B. an, a C .a, a D. a, an
27.----How do you study ______ a test ?
----I study _____working _____a group.
A for, in, with B for, by, at C for, by, with D of, in, by
28.We‘ll go to the park unless it ____tomorrow.
A rains B will rain C rainy D is going to rain
29.My life ______a lot in the last five years.
A have changed B has changed C changed D will change
30. The movie is so _______ that I am very _________ in it.
A. interesting, interesting B. interested, interested
C. interesting, interested D interestes, interested
31.Teenagers _______ allowed to drive in the street .
A. should not be B. should be not
C. not should be D. shouldn‘t
32. The boy writes ________ .
A. well enough B. good enough C. enough well D. enough good
33. If I _______ you , I _______ do that .
A. was , would B. were ; wouldn‘t C. am , won‘t D. were , won‘t
34. ________ people went to the concert last week .
A. Hundred B. Three millions C. Millions of D. Three million of ．
A．of B．for C．with D．on
36. I would rather _____ English than ______ words.
A. reading ; write B. read ; writing C. read; write D. reading; writing
37.I‘d invite her ______ dinner at my house tomorrow.
A. have B. having C. has D. to have
38.This pair of shoes ______ Li Gang‘s ,It‘s too big for him .
A. can‘t be B. could be C. might be D. must be
39.It‘s ______ cold today, but I have still finished ______ homework.
A. too much; too much B. much too; much too C. too much; much too D. much too; too much
40. Mario used to _____________ in the morning.
A. practice swimming B. practicing swimming
C. practice swim D practices swimming
从A、B、C、D四个选项中选择填入空白处的最佳答案，并将其字母代号填入答题卷相应空格内。 Once my father and I went to see a circus (马戏团). A family was the clowns（小丑）and elephants excitedly.
―I want （成人）.‖ said the father to the ticket lady.
. When he heard that, the man couldn‘t
The ticket lady spoke again. The father looked sad. Clearly, he didn‘t （纸币） and dropped it on the the bill, and said to the man, ―Sir, this fell out of your pocket.‖
on. He looked into my dad‘s eyes and took my family.‖
We didn‘t go to the circus that night, but we didn‘t feel sorry for it at all.
41． A． waiting B． looking C． working D． preparing
42． A． common B． cheap C． old D． expensive
43． A． ticket B． ten C． two D． five
44． A． ticket B． number C． price D． time
45． A． eyes B． ears C． nose D． head
46． A． spare B． any C． little D． enough
47． A． picked up B． took away C. put down D． looked up
48． A． walking B． going C． looking D． holding
49． A． book B． pocket C． bill D． bag
50． A． hardly B． nearly C． only D． really
第三部分 阅读理解 (共15题，满分25分)
Do you learn from your mistakes? I hope so. But have you ever made the same mistake twice? I have. Sometimes I make the same mistake three or four times! Sometimes, good things happen because of mistakes. Once I got on the wrong train. That was a big mistake .But on that train, I saw a good friend. I was so happy I made that mistake!
Another time I ruined a surprise. My mother planned a surprise party for my father. She told me it was a secret. But I was just a little boy and I couldn‘t keep the secret. I told my father about the party. At first, my mother was mad at me. But then my father said he was happy he knew about it. He said he didn‘t like surprises.
51. The boy never makes the same mistakes.
52. The boy saw his father on the wrong train.
53. The boy hopes to learn from his mistakes.
54. His mother asked him to plan a surprise party for his father.
55. The boy thinks sometimes a mistake may be a good thing.
In the world today, all of the people need recreation（消遣）. We can not work all the time if we are going to keep healthy and enjoy life. Everyone has his own way of relaxing. Perhaps the most popular form is to take part in sports. There are team sports, such as basketball and football. There are also individual（个人的） sports, such as swimming and running. Skating and mountain climbing are the most popular recreation for people who like to be outdoor（室内的）.
Not everyone who enjoys sports likes to take part in them. Many people like watching them on TV or listening to them on the radio. So many people like some forms of indoor recreation, such watching TV, singing and dancing.
It doesn‘t matter whether we like indoor recreation or take part in outdoor sports. It is important for everyone to relax from time to time, and enjoy some forms of recreation.
( ) 56. Which is the most popular form of recreation?
A. Sports B. Watching TV C. Sleeping D. Singing and dancing
A. keep healthy and enjoy life B. make friends
C. find a good job D. make more money
( ) 58. Outdoor sports include（包括） A. watching TV B. singing and dancing
C. listening to the radio D. skating and mountain climbing
( ) 59. Why do many people like watching sports on TV or listening to
them on the radio?
A. Because they like sports, but they don‘t like to take part in them.
B. Because they don‘t enjoy sports.
C. Because they don‘t enjoy life.
D. Because they don‘t need recreation.
A. basketball is a kind of team sports
B. everyone who enjoys sports should take part in them
C. different people have different ways of relaxing
D. indoor recreation is not as important as outdoor sports
A long time ago there were no donkeys in Gui Zhou. One day a merchant from another part of the country went there and took a donkey with him. Later the donkey got sick and the merchant left it behind and went on his journey. When the donkey was well again, it ran away into the nearby forest.
The tigers in the forest thought that the donkey was a strange animal and they were afraid of it. Whenever it brayed they all ran away as fast as their feet could carry them.
After a few months, the tigers became friendly with the donkey. They played many games with it, but they still afraid of it.
One day the donkey became angry. It kicked one of the tigers with its hind legs. The tigers were very surprised.
―That must be all it can do when it is angry.‖ They said. Then all the
tigers jumped on the monkey and killed it.
根据短文内容，从A、B、C、D四个选项中选择填入空白处的最佳答案，并将其字母代号填入答题卷相应空格内。(共5小题，每小题2分，满分10分) A. he got fat B. he got tall C. he got wet D. he got ill A. brayed B. mow C. say D. shout
( ) 63. Who became friendly with the donkey?
A. The dogs B. The tigers C. The lions D. The cats
A. to the river B. to the tree C. into the forest D. home
A. All the tigers B. All the dogs C. All the donkeys D. All the lions
第四部分 写作 (共三节，满分20分) 第一节 根据句意，用括号中所给词的适当形式填空，并将所填单词写在答题卷相应位置。(共5小题，每小题1分，满分5分)
66. The _______ China –South Asia EXPO opened in Kunming on June. ( one)
67. We are very _______ that a student from our school has won the prize. ( pride)
68. In my hometown, lots of trees are full of green _______ all year round. (leaf)
69. He wants ________ a car, but he can‘t afford it. (have)
70. Linda is a top student, she is ________ hard-working. (real) 第二节 将下列句子中汉语部分译成英语，注意使用适当的形式，并将所填单词写在答题卷相应位置。(共5小题，每小题1分，满分5分)
71. It‘s polite to keep our voice down ______________(在公共场合).
72. Life is like __________________ chocolates, and you will never know what you are going to get. (一盒)
73. _______________ every day is important. (说英语)
74.The teacher ___________________ (对…….严格) teaching students at school.
75. Could you please ___________ (想出) a good way to improve my English?
要求：1. 词数80左右。2. 要点完整，层次清楚，语法正确。
I really feel worried about you.
答 题 卷
班级：___________________ 姓名：___________________ 座号：_______________________
第一部分 听力 （共四节，满分25分）
第二部分 英语知识运用。 （共三节，满分30分）
66、___________ 67、___________ 68、___________ 69、____________ 70、____________ 71、___________ 72、___________ 73、___________ 74、____________ 75、____________
I really feel worried about you.
1. Lucy often asked her English teacher for help before the test.
2. If I were you, I would fly to Paris. Paris is a great place to go on vacation.
3. I like playing basketball better. I‘m in the basketball club now.
4. I have a headache. I feel terrible now. I need to see a doctor.
5. Would you mind not taking photos here? Please look at the sign.
6.I am sorry to trouble you.
7. How do you study for your math test?
8. You used to be short, didn‘t you?
9. I have a lot of rules at my house.
10. Tom, your hair is too long.
W: Could you do something for me, please?
M: Certainly! What would you like me to do?
W: Well, I‘m going to Shanghai for my holiday. But I can‘t take my dog
with me. Could you look after it for me?
M: With pleasure!
W: Are you sure you don‘t mind?
M: Yes, of course. Glad to help.
M: Not at all. How soon will you come back?
W: In two weeks.
M: Have a good time!
W: Who is your favorite player, Nick?
M: Bolt. He‘s a famous running star.
W: Really? I don‘t know him. Why do you like him?
M: I like him because he‘s very cool and kind.
W: What does he look like?
M: He is tall and strong. And he‘s very young.
W: When was he born?
M: He was born in 1986.
W: Well, why do you think he‘s very kind?
M: Because he raised money for the children in poor areas
W: Oh, he is so great.
Different countries and people have different manners. Here are some examples. If you visit a Chinese family, you should knock at the door first. When the door opens, you should not move before the host says, ―Come in, please.‖ Before coming into the house in Japan, it is good manners to take off you shoes. In European countries, even if your shoes are very dirty, this is not done. In Britain, a guest always finishes the drink or the food to show that he enjoys it. This will make the host very pleased.
1----5 BACCA 6—10 CCBAB 11—15 ABBBA 16—20 ACCAB
21——25 DACCD 26—30 DCABC 31—35 AABCC 36—40 CDADA 41—45 ADBCB 46—50 DABCD
51—55 FFTFT 56—60 AADAC 61—65DABCA
66. first 67. proud 68. leaves 69. to have 70. really
71. in public 72. a box of 73. speaking English 74. is strict in
75. think up/come up with
I really feel worried about you. You used to do well in your lessons and took an active part in the activities at school. But now you are so crazy about computer games that you have no interest in your schoolwork and don't listen to teachers as carefully as before in class. Also, you can't hand in your homework on time.
Perhaps playing computer games can make you feel relaxed, but if you spend too much time on it, you will have less time to study. And it may do harm to your health. For example, it can hurt your eyes and neck.
I hope you should achieve a balance between your schoolwork and your hobbies. Why not join in some outdoor activities when you feel bored? As your friend, I?ll be glad to share your happiness and sadness.