1. They got much _____ from those new books.
A. ideas B. photos C. news D. stories
2. I have two _______ and three bottles of _________ here.
A. orange, orange B. oranges, oranges
C. oranges, orange D. orange, oranges
3. Every evening M r. King takes a _________ to his home .
A. 25 minutes’ walk B. 25 minute’s walk
C. 25 minute walk D. 25 minutes walk
4. An old _______ wants to see you.
A. people B. person C. the people D. the person
5. Help yourself to __________.
A. chickens and apples B. chickens and apple
C. chicken and apple D. chicken and apples
6. Oh, dear. I forgot the two _________.
A. room’s number B. rooms’ number C. room numbers D. rooms’ numbers
7. She has been in Tianjin for ten years. Tianjin has become her second _________.
A. family B. house C. home D. room
8. ________ mothers couldn’t go to the meeting, because they have gone to Shanghai .
A. Mary and Peter’s B. Mary and Peter
C. Mary’s and Peter D. Mary’s and Peter’s
9. Li Lei has been to __________ many times this month.
A. her uncle B. her uncle’s C. her uncles D. aunt’s
10. He is a success as a leader but he hasn’t ________ in teaching.
A. many experiences B. much experience
C. an experience D. a lot experience
11. A classmate of _________ was here ten minutes ago.
A. you B. your C. your sister D. your sister’s
12. A group of _________ are talking with two ___________.
A. Frenchmen, Germans B. Germans ,Frenchmans
C. Frenchmans , Germen D. Germen , Frenchmen
13.The team ________ having a meeting .
A. is B. are C. am D. be
14. “Would you like _________?” “________, please.”
A. drink, Three coffees B. a cup of drink, Coffees
C. a drink, A coffee D. a drink, Three cups of coffees
15. The Great Wall was made not only by _______, but also the flesh and blood of ________ men.
A.earth and stone, millions of B. earths and stones, millions
C. the earth and stone, million of D. the earths and stones, millions
1. This is ___ reading-room.
A. the teacher’s B. teacher’s C. teacher’s D. the teachers’
2. Nothing was found but ___ broken.
A. the room window B. the room’s window C. the room of the window D. the window of room
3. How many___ would you like?
A. paper B. bread C. pieces of papers D. pieces of bread
4. There are 34___ doctors in the hospital.
A. woman B. women C. woman’s D. women’s
5. Some___ are even thinner than your little finger.
A. bamboo B. bamboos C. kinds of bamboo D. kinds of bamboos
6 Jack’s room is furnished with ___.
A. new furnitures B. many new furnitures
C. many new pieces of furnitures D. many new pieces of furniture
7. Have you read ___newspaper yet?
A. today’s B. Today’s
C. the today’s D. your today’s
8. It’s not far, only ___walk from here to our school.
A. a ten minutes B. ten minutes
C. a ten minutes’ D. ten minutes’
9. Last month, he wrote me ___letter.
A. a 1000-word B. 1000 words
C. a 1000-words D. 1000 words’
10.His isn’t fit for the work. Please get me ___.
A. something else B. somebody else
C. someone else’s D. somebody’s else
11. Excuse me, how can I get to the nearest ___ shop?
A. shoes B. shoe
C. shoes’ D. shoe’s
12. What ___ weather we’re having these days!
A. nice B. a nice
C. a bad D. worse
13 Yesterday I went to the super market and bought a lot of ___.
A. tomatoes B. potatos
C. vegetable D. meats
14. If by any chance someone comes to see me, ask him or her to leave a ___.
A. message B. letter C. sentence D. Notice