21．-What’s your favorite _____?
A. music B. sport C. subject D. teacher
22. -____ will he come back? I can’t wait.
-In a few minutes.
A. How long B. How soon C. How often D. How much
23. My father _____ a big restaurant, so I have a lot of delicious food to eat.
A. enjoys B. lives in C. owns D. travels to
24. I want to know some information about you. Please tell me your age, ____, and hobbies.
A. tall B. high C. height D. short
25. New York is one of the largest cities in the US, but we ___ there.
A. have ever been B. have ever been to
C. have never been D. have never been to
26. Where did you finish your junior school, in Shenzhen ____ Shanghai?
A. and B. or C. but D. so
27. –Have you watched The Crazy Stone?
-Not ____. A. just B. already C. yet D. only
28. –Where are the new clothes? -I _____ them ______.
A. hang, up B. hanged, up C. have hung, up D. am hanging, up
29. Though the two little boys are not brothers, they are _____ each other in many ways.
A. similar to B. different from C. similar with D. satisfied with
30. why didn’t you ______the light after you left the classroom? Oh,sorry,I forgot _______that
A．turn on ;doing B.switch on; to do C．turn off; doing D.switch off; to do
31. Linda is playing ____ Guitar while Peter is playing____chess.
A. a, the B. an, a C. /, the D. the, /
32. May I use your bike,please? ----__________
A.Yes,you must B.No,you mustn’t
C.No,you needn’t D.No,you may not
33. I _____ late again.
A. hope you not to be B. expect you not to
C. don’t hope you to be D. hope you won’t be
34. Everyone is busy ______ the test these days.
A. to get ready for B. ready for
C. getting ready for D. with ready
35. Look,it _____be Miss Zhang
--No,it ______be she.She has gone to Hefei.
A.must;can’t B.can;may not C.may;mustn’t D.must, may
36. We’ll never give up working on the experiment, _____result we will get.
A. no matter how B. no matter what C. no matter when D. no matter where
37. ---where is Jim? I heard his voice a moment ago.
-----He _____be near here.
A.must B.need C.can’t D.needn’t
38. –I have written a letter to Sidney.
-When ____ you _____it?
A. have, written B. did, write C. will, write D. do, write
39. Wendy has never heard of it, ______?
A. has Wendy B. hasn’t Wendy C. has she D. hasn’t she
40. –Is Jane in?
-Sorry, she isn’t in right now. She ___ the library.
A. has been to B. has gone to C. went to D. will go to
III. 完形填空完形填空完形填空完形填空. (10%)
Yesterday was my friend Kyra’s birthday. He invited me to his birthday party. Another friend, Guy, had offered to take me to the party by car. Well, I was getting dressed __41___ Guy rang and said he was ill, so I decided to go by train. Unluckily, while I was talking __42___ the phone, the cat walked over my clean shirt, so I had to spend a few minutes finding another one and I was __43____ leaving. As I was walking to the station it started snowing and I got very cold. I just ___44___a train and I had to wait at the station for half an hour. When the train finally arrived I was frozen! I was so cold and tired that during the journey I ___45__ and I missed my station. Well, I got off at the next stop and decided to walk ___46____ to Kyra’s. I walked for half an hour and then I realized(认识到) I was ___47____. Luckily I found a __48_____ and telephoned for a taxi. When I finally arrived at Kyra’s house it was ____49___ midnight and people were going home. What a ____50____ evening!
41. A. then B. when C. and D. as
42. A. on B. at C. to D. about
43. A. ready B. happy C. late D. quick
44. A. got off B. caught C. got on D. missed
45. A. enjoyed talking B. fell asleep C. played cards D. looked out
46. A. up B. forward C. back D. along
47. A. tired B. hungry C. sad D. lost
48. A. phone B. bus stop C. road sign D. taxi
49. A. even B. nearly C. still D. hardly
50. A. lovely B. frightening C. terrible D. cold
IV. Reading comprehension. (20%)
(A) Mr Brown was tired of living in the big city where he worked. He wanted to move to the country and live in a house from which he could get to his office in the city easily every day. He was looking for such a house until he saw an advertisement in a newspaper one day. The advertisement said that a suitable house in a quiet area was for sale at a reasonable price, and the house was within a stone’s throw of a railway station from which there were frequent trains to the big city. ―That’s exactly what I need,‖ Mr Brown said to himself. So he called the house agency（代理机构）and was going to go down by train the next day to have a look at the house. The house agent met him in the station and they started walking. It took them at least 15 minutes to get to the house. When they reached it, Mr Brown said angrily, ―I should be very interested to meet the man who threw the stone you mentioned in the newspaper.‖
51. Mr Brown wanted to buy a house in the country because_____.
A. he got tired of living in the city B. his office was in the country
C. his house in the city was too small D. he wanted to live in a place far away from his office
52.The newspaper introduced a house which was _____ the railway station.
A. close to B. far from C. next to D. at
53.Which of the following is not mentioned in the advertisement?
A. The house was in a quiet area.
B. The house had a reasonable price.
C. There were frequent trains to the big city from the house.
D. You could throw a stone to the railway station from the house.
54.We knew from the end of the story that in fact the house was not next to the _____.
A. city B. station C. country D. train
55.By saying ―I should be very interested to meet the man who threw the stone you mentioned in the newspaper‖, Mr Brown meant that the house agency was telling a _____.
A. lie B. truth C. story D. fact
(B) Once upon a time, people wrote letters mostly with pen and paper. But the Internet has changed all that. Among computers users today, between 50 and 90 percent of written letters take place through e-mail. That’s much different from the days when everyone relied on ―snail mail‖. More and more new e-mail users are asking, ―How can I write better e-mail message?‖ Here are six tips for you.
(1) Who are you writing to? Who are you writing to? A friend, classmate, teacher or boss? Be sure the tone of your e-mail message is right for the receiver. Using slang(俚语) or abbreviations(缩写词) may be all right for your friends. But business letters should use full names and complete sentences.
(2) Be direct. Readers of e-mail have little patience. Say what you want to say directly.
(3) Use short sentences. E-mail is quicker and more convenient than snail mail. It’s also much easier to throw away. Don’t use long sentences. Make your sentences short and clear.
(4) Give enough details. A terrible e-mail message reads like this: ―Did you get my e-mail?‖ Someone reading this will wonder, ―Which e-mail? Sent where? About what?‖ Today’s e-mail users sometimes get many messages every day, so be sure your messages have enough details to be understood.
(5) Use the subject line well. Readers see what’s in the subject line of your message before anything else. Don’t say ―Hi, from Wang Peng‖—They can see who sent the message from the address. A short, direct explanation of the content of our message will get you a faster answer.
(6) Don’t be too slow to answer. Remember that in the world of e-mail, things happen fast. If you take longer than a week to answer someone’s message, it may be too late.
56.Which of the following is true?
A. Now most people who use computers give others e-mails instead of letters.
B. Now people don’t like giving others e-mails
C. Now most of the people like writing letters with pen and paper.
D. Writing an e-mail is hard and you should learn how to write it.
57. Which of the following subject lines in the best?
A. hello from Ann. B. Hello. I sent you an e-mail.
C. About math exam. D. You’ll be pleased to get my e-mail.
58. When_______, You can’t use the slang or abbreviations.
A. You write to a friend B. you write to a classmate
C. you write to your girl friend D. You write business letters
59. If you get an e-mail, you should answer it ______ .
A. any time you like B. within a week
C. in two weeks D. in the same day
60. The best title for the passage is ______ .
A. How To Use The Computers B. How To Write A Better E-mail
C. how To Use The internet D. E-Mails Are Different From Letters
(C) The word ―day‖ has two meanings. When we talk about the number of days in a year, we are using ―day‖ to mean 24 hours. But when we talk about day and night, we are using ―day‖ to mean the time between sunrise and sunset. Since the earth looks like a ball, the sun can shine on only half of it at a time. Always one half of the earth is having day and the other half night. A place is moved from day into night and from night into day over and over by the spinning（旋转）of the earth. At the equator（赤道）day and night are sometimes the same length（长度）. They are each twelve hours long. The sun rises at 6 o’clock in the morning and sets at 6 o’clock in the evening. For six months the North Pole is tilted（倾斜）toward the sun. In those months the Northern Hemisphere（半球）gets more hours of sunlight than the Southern Hemisphere. Days are longer than nights. South of the equator nights are longer than days. For the other six months the North Pole is tilted away from the sun. Then the Southern Hemisphere gets more sunlight. Days are longer than nights. North of the equator nights are longer than days. Winter is the season of long nights. Summer is the season of long days.
61．When the Western Hemisphere is having day, the Eastern Hemisphere is having ______.
A. both day and night B. day
C. neither day nor night D. night
62．A place is moved from day into night and from night into day over and over by ________ of the earth.
A. the pushing B. the pulling C. the spinning D. the passing
63．At the equator day is as long as night ________.
A. sometimes B. never C. usually D. always
64．When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Northern Hemisphere gets ________ sunlight.
A. less B. more C. all D. no
65．When it is winter in China, ________.
A. the USA is tilted toward the sun B. the South Pole is tilted away from the sun
C. the North Pole is tilted toward the sun D. the North Pole is tilted away from the sun
(D) Here are simple tips for getting to sleep, designed to help you deal with tension, stress and anxiety（紧张、压力和焦虑），and to enjoy a good night’s sleep. Not every one of these tips alone will get you to sleep, but a few of them at least should prove successful. Get some physical exercise during the day. Even 15 minutes a day of exercise ( at least half an hour before going to bed so your body will have a chance to slow down) will give your body the activity and oxygen
（氧）it needs to help you relax more and sleep better. Listen to light music. Play some soft, soothing music that will help you sleep. Of course you must have a recorder of CD player that will automatically（自动地）turn off because if you get up and turn it off at the end, you’ll lose its effect. Drink warm milk. A glass of warm milk 15 minutes before going to bed will keep you calm. Keep regular bedtime hours. Your body likes regular routines（常规）, whether you do or not. It likes to know that it’s going to get up at the same time each day, eat at the same time, and go to bed at the same time. Avoid caffeine, alcohol and tobacco（避免咖啡因、酒精和香烟）. Before you go to sleep, you’d better not drink coffee or cola which contains caffeine. Don’t drink wine, beer or champagne（香槟）which contain alcohol and don’t smoke. Don’t watch TV or read before going to bed. Wait at least half an hour before going to bed after reading or watching television.
66. Which of the following is NOT mentioned (谈到) in this text?
A. Listen to music. B. Drink warm milk. C. Avoid caffeine. D. Use sleeping pills.
67.According to this text, we can infer（推断） that the way of getting some physical exercise during the day is more effective for .
A. sportsmen B. office workers C. drivers D. farmers
A. not to listen to composed (平静的) music
B. not to make the record or CD player lose its effect
C. to have a record or CD player that will automatically turn off
D. to listen to sounds of waves rhythmically breaking (惊涛骇浪)
69. According to the text, which of the following is the last thing you need to do?
A. Counting sleep. B. Don’t’ watch TV.
C. Don’t read before going to bed. D. Keep regular bedtime hours.
70. The writer thinks that ______.
A. if you take any of his advice, you can get good sleep B. all his advice is useful
C. his advice is of no use to anyone D. what he says must be helpful in some ways
(E) Beijing—Beijing is to spend up to $ 20 billion to change the Chinese capital into a 21st century one for the 2008 Olympics so that it will have the same environmental standards(环境标准) as Paris, Toronto, Istanbul and Osaka by 2008. hundreds of millions of dollars will be sent to send natural gas to the city’s home, taking away dirty coal burning from every house by 2008. The money will also be used for moving some factories out the city center, planting more tree and grass to make the air more clean water better. City officials say that about 50 large projects are being started to change traffic conditions and make the city clean. They include(包括) Beijing’s first railway, a 40.5-kilometre line which will be completed in 2005.
71. The passage above may be taken from _________.
A. a lecture B. a newspaper C. Beijing Daily D. CCTV
72. In the first paragraph, the underlined ―a 21st century Olympic‖ means_____.
A. a country in the 21st century B. a 21st century Olympics
C. the largest capital in the world D. a modern and developed capital
73. The government of Beijing will send natural gas to the city’s homes because_______.
A. natural gas is very cheap B. Beijing has no coal
C. burning coal makes Beijing dirty D. the first light railway is being built
74. Which of the following is wrong?
A. Beijing will spend hundred of millions of dollars to send natural gas to the city’s homes.
B. Beijing will spend $ 20 billion to change the Chinese Capital into a 21st century one for the 2008 Olympics.
C. The city officials say that about 50 large projects are being started to change the traffic and make the city clean.
D. Beijing is more beautiful than other cities, so it needn’t to plant more trees and grass.
75. From the passage, we know that _________.
A. the environment of Beijing is better than Paris now
B. the environment of Beijing in 2008 will be quite different from now.
C. the 40.5-kilometer light railway will be joined to the first light railway in Beijing.
D. There are no factories in the center of Beijing now.
76. My sister is responsible for my account.
77. The bottle was full of water
78. I started the computer company only 2 weeks ago.
79. I have a brother called Edwin.
80. She spent 100 yuan on the books
假如你的名字叫李平，参加了学校开展的―有烦恼向谁说‖的调查活动， 调查结果如图所示。请用英语给校报编辑写一封信，内容包括：调查结果（不局限于用分数表述）、理由及自己的想法。 要求：1）语句通顺，合乎逻辑， 2）70-80 词（所给的内容不计入词数） 提示词：survey调查 trust 信任
Oct 14th, 2006
I am a student in Grade Three. We have made a survey ---―To whom you go when in trouble‖. Here are the results
1-5 C.B.C.A.B 6-10 A.B.C.A.C 11-15 A.C.C.B.A 16-20 B.A.C.B.C at home, 1564,English plays,tonight,Hemlet 21-25B.B.C.C.C 26-30B.C.C.A.D 31-35D.B.C.C.A 36-40B.A.B.C.B 41-45.B.A.C.D.B 46-50C.D.A.B.C 51-55A.A.C.B.A 56-60A.C.D.B.B 61-65.D.C.A.B.D 66-70D.B.C.C.D 71-75B.D.C.D.B
76.My sister has the duty for my account
77.Lisa gets angry easily
78.It is two weeks since I owned the company
79.I have a brother named Edwin
80.I put a stamp and some photos inside my letter