( 满分150分，考试时间100分钟 )
Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
I. Listening Comprehension (听力理解): (共30分)
A B C
A. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片): (共6分)
D E F G
1.________ 2. ________ 3. ________ 4. ________ 5. ________ 6. ________
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案):(共10分)
7. A) A teacher.
8. A) English. B) An engineer. B) Maths. C) A sportsman. D) A doctor. C) Physics. D) History.
9. A) By bike. B) By underground. C) By bus. D) On foot.
10. A) At 8:05.
B) At 8:10.
C) At 8:15. D) At 8:20.
11. A) Husband and wife. B) Teacher and student.
C) Mother and son D) Boss and secretary.
12. A) In a department store. B) At a booking office.
C) At a library. D) In a restaurant.
13. A) For two weeks. B) For two days.
C) For two months. D) For two years.
14. A) She draws pictures B) She searches information.
C) She sends e-mails. D) She plays computer games.
15. A) Because he has already seen the movie.
B) Because he will have to do much work.
C) Because he will have to do his homework
D) Because he won’t be free on Sunday.
16. A) She couldn’t sleep in order to get a job.
B) She worked hard in order to get a new job.
C) She had a headache and couldn’t sleep. D) She had to work hard and didn’t have enough sleep.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下
17. One Saturday afternoon, the two children followed the dog home from school.
18. Suddenly, the dog saw the children’s house catching fire on the way.
19. The dog ran down the street to the fire station in order to help the children.
20. When the dog got back to the house, he couldn’t find the children.
21. A child named Jack noticed the little dog watching the burned house under a tree.
22. The fireman brought the little dog over to the children in order to find the dog’s home.
23. The dog was very happy when he found the children were safe.
D. Listen to the dialogue and complete the following sentences (听对话，完成下列内容，每
24. Bill Gates is one of the __________ men in the world.
25. it is said that he earns about US $__________ million a day in a good year.
26. At school, he showed great __________ in computers.
27. Everyone would need software to _________ their computer at home.
28. Software is the name given to the _________ we use on a computer.
29. The computer itself-the keyboard, __________ and processor-are called hardware.
30. Gates spends much time in _________ and sending e-mails.
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分 词汇和语法)
II. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共20分)
31. My brother is ________ university student.
A) a A) my A) for food.
B) an B) me B) from
C) the C) I C) with
D)/ D) mine D) about
32. The lady over there is a friend of ________. We work in the same company. 33. We can learn ________ life and death from dogs.
34. Some gave money to the people in the earthquake areas and ________ offered clothes and A) the others B) another C) other
35. The baby feels ________ while his mother holds him in her arms. 36. I think freedom is ________ than anything else.
C) much more important
B) much important D) the most important
A) save B）safe C) safely D) safety
37. Parents should always keep an eye on little children, ________ they can easily get hurt. A) or B) and C) but D) so
38. I really enjoyed your lecture ________ there were some parts I didn’t quite understand. A) because B) unless
A) must A) used to push
C)though D) when C) should
B) used to pushing
39. Nowadays even a small personal computer ________ store huge amounts of information. 40. The ducks’ large feet ________ them quickly through the water.
C) are used to push D) are used to pushing
41. Jenny can ask her teacher for help if she can’t finish ________ the report by herself.
A) write Internet.
A) buying B) buy C) to buy D) bought 43. Peter is good at English, but sometimes he still has ________ problems.
B) a few
C) little D) a little
44. “Where are the Greeks?” asked the captain.
“They ________ for several minutes,” answered the guard.
A) have gone
B) have been here
C) have been away
D) have disappeared
45. Don’t always ________ your parents. You should do it yourself.
B) writing C) to write D) writes
42. The new policy enables people ________ train tickets either from the station or on the
As every parent knows, if you have children, you worry about them all the time. However, it seems that these days we’re worrying about our kids a lot more than we used to. Are we trying to protect our children too much and will this ___51____ problems for them in later life?
“Kids in the UK used to walk to school every day ____52___, but these days parents don’t let their children go out on their own in case something bad happens to them,” said Dr. Andy Hallett, a childcare expert. “If children stay indoors all the time, they become ___53____. This means they often have health problems in later life.”
The___54____ of letting your kids go out by themselves is smaller than you might think. “The media(媒体) makes parents worry about children safety,” says Julie Benz, a childcare expert. “But children are ____55___now than they have ever been. If parents want their kids to grow up healthy, they shouldn’t protect them so much. Children need to make ____56___ themselves.”
Over 27%of British children are now overweight, partly because they____57___ too much 4
of their free time playing computer games and watching TV. “I can understand why parents are worried,” says Julie Benz. “But if kids never go outside, they can’t learn to ___58____ themselves in the real world.” So far, we can learn that if you want happy and healthy kids, give them back their freedom.
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their suitable forms (用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词):(共8分)
59. There are seven days in a week, and the __________ day is Thursday. (five)
60. Nowadays many people share __________ with their friends on the Internet. (photo)
61. Joseph is the manager of this shopping mall. He is ________ for sales. (responsibility)
62. John told us that he had made friends with a few ________ on the Facebook. (Germany)
63. The doctor speaks to his patients _________. (gentle)
64. His __________ made his parents feel sad for a long time. (dead)
65. Let’s hope that all our troubles will _________ soon. (appear)
66. Study hard and try your best to _________ a key high school, John. (entrance)
V. Rewrite the following sentences as required (根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词):(共14分)
67. Tom has lunch at school every day. (改为一般疑问句)
__________ Tom __________ lunch at school every day?
68. James spent ten years making this amazing film. (保持句意基本不变)
__________ __________ James ten years to make this amazing film.
69. It’对划线部分提 问)
__________ _________ is it from the school to the nearest supermarket?
70. The long speech was very boring. Most of the listeners left before it was over. (合并为一
The long speech was __________ boring _________ most of the listeners left before it was over.
71. The nurse will take care of the children.( 改为被动语态)
The children will __________ __________ care of by the nurse.
72. The coat cost Joan a month’s pay. (改为反义疑问句)
The coat cost Joan a month’s pay, ________ ________?
73. Tim asked Alice, “Did your brother catch the plane last week?” (改为宾语从句)
Tim asked Alice ________ her brother_________ the plane last week.
Part 3 Reading and Writing ( 第三部分 读写 )
VI. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共50分)
A. Choose the best answer(根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): ( 12 分)
Kristina’s family was going to visit her grandparents. Kristina was so excited! It had been months since their last visit. They called a taxi to take them to the airport. “This will save us lots of time,” Dad said. “We won’t have to worry about parking.”
However, the streets were crowded with cars, and the taxi slowly made its way to the airport through the traffic. They arrived at the airport very late, got stuck at a checkpoint for a while, and had to run all the way to the gate to catch their plane. Out of breath, they finally “You checked in too late,” the clerk said, “so we had to give your seats to other people. Now the plane is completely full.” The clerk booked them on another flight, which would leave two hours later. The family was upset, but all they could do was to wait. Mum and Dad were worried now because they were going to be late, and Grandma and Grandpa would have to wait too.
After two long hours, the family finally got on a plane. When they got off the plane after the quick flight, Grandma and Grandpa greeted them with huge smiles. Mum, dad and Kristina were very glad to see them at last, and they couldn’t wait to get to their house.
Grandpa took Kristina’s hand, and they happily chatted and laughed as they went together to pick up the luggage. They waited and waited, but their luggage was nowhere to be seen! Dad asked an airport worker for help, and she looked on her computer for a minute or two. “I’m sorry, but it seems that your luggage didn’t get on your plane,” she said. “It won’t be here for another hour.”
After another hour, the family picked up their luggage and left the airport. The sun was setting as they pulled into her grandparents’ driveway. Everyone was hungry and tired.
74. Kristina’s family went to the airport by taxi because _________ .
A) they didn’t have a car B)there was a lot of traffic
C) they had heavy luggage D) they wanted to save time
75. The underlined word “” in Paragraph Two probably means “.
A) pass the entrance safely
C) call someone loudly
6 B) look for something carefully D) go to some place quickly
76. Kristina’s family couldn’__.
A) they failed to arrive in time
C) they couldn’t find their tickets
77. What happened to the family’s luggage?
A) It was left at home. C) It was seriously broken.
A) The family went out of the airport at night
B) Kristina’s family arrived later than expected.
C) It was the first time for Kristina to visit her grandparents.
D) The clerk gave them the wrong information about the flight.
79. Which is the best title of the passage?
A) Visiting Grandparents B) The flight was Delayed
C) Kristina’s family’s Experience at the Airport D) Cars are Good, but Planes are Better
B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage (选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文) : (12 分)
This letter was sent to a newspaper in Germany.
13 October Dear Editor,
I am writing to ask what has happened to our young people. They are not as polite, hard-working or clever as we used to be. I will give you two examples.
Last Friday, I got on the underground at 9:15 am. It was so busy that there were no free ’t know why they were not at school. They were talking and laughing. It was difficult to read my newspaper with all the noise. A heavily pregnant(怀孕的) woman and her daughter got on at the next stop, carrying lots of shopping bags. I the teenagers to let them sit down. They saw the woman but did nothing. I had to ask them to give her seat. They did so but gave me a look. I got off at the next stop and was glad that the teenagers didn’t follow me.
Last Saturday, I had dinner with my friend’s family. I was looking forward to meeting his children. During dinner, we started talking about . It soon became clear that they knew so little. They couldn’t tell me the name of the King of Spain or the President of Italy. All they knew about was the Internet and which singers were the most beautiful. In my day, students B) It was put on another plane. D) It was stolen at the airport. B) the clerk wasn’t quick enough D) the plane needed repairs 78. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? 7
knew the kings, queens and presidents of every country in Europe.
I am the future of Germany. How could these young people become responsible workers and parents? They sit around McDonald’s after school instead of going to the library like I did at their age. Maybe they have too much money. Perhaps another reader can give us an idea about what to do with our young people.
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words (在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给):(14分)
A thousand years ago, Hong Kong was covered by a thick forest. As more and more people came to live in Hong Kong, these trees were cut down and burnt. Now there is no forest left, though there are still some small areas covered with trees. We call these “woods”.
Elephants, tigers and many o___86___ animals were living in the thick forest. When people came to live in Hong Kong, the animals began to die out. Early farmers grew rice and r___87___ pigs and chickens in the valleys. They cut down the trees and burnt them. They needed fire to keep t___88___ warm in winter, to cook their food and to drive away the dangerous animals. Elephants quickly d___89____ because there was not enough food for them. So did most of the wolves and tigers.
You might think that there are no longer any animals in Hong Kong e___90___ in the zoos, but there are still about 36 different animals living there. One of the most lovely of Hong Kong’s animals is the barking deer. These are beautiful little animals w___91___ a rich brown coat and a white patch under the tail. They look like deer but they are much smaller. They are less than two feet high. They make a noise rather like a dog barking. In Hong Kong the barking deer has only one r___92___ enemy-men. People hunt these little animals though it is illegal(违法). There are now not many barking deer left. So it is important for people to protect these wild 8 A) tickets A) quietly A) expected A) cool A) food B) hands B) loudly B) suggested B) nice B) science C)seats C) angrily C) invited C) rude C) politics C) proud of D) buses D) carefully D) trained D) funny D) clothes D) worried about A) responsible for B) interested in
D. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题): ( 12分)
Michael Jackson was born in Indiana, America, on August 29, 1958. He was the seventh of the nine children in his family.
His father Joe Jackson had his own band(乐队). They would practice after work in the living room of their house. Joe soon discovered the talent of his sons and set up the family band “The Jacksons”. They later became “The Jackson 5”. Little Michael always watched his brothers practice singing. When he was about 5 years old, he joined the group and became the lead singer of The Jackson 5.
Michael’s first public appearance was at a school program in first grade in 1963. Wearing black pants and a white shirt, he sang Climb EV’ry Mountain. Michael said, “When I finished that song, everybody gave me a big hand and people were smiling, and some of them were standing. My teachers were crying and I just couldn’t believe it. I had made them all happy. It was such a great feeling. I felt a little confused too, because I didn’t think I had done anything special. I was just singing the way I sang at home every night. When you’re performing, you don’t realize what you sound like or how you’re coming across. You just open your mouth and sing.”
Soon his father made the band take part in talent contests. He was so strict with young Michael and his brothers. Michael said, “If you didn’t do well, you got hit, sometimes with a belt, sometimes with a stick. My father was really strict with us --- really strict.”
Under their father’s control, at the age of 6, Michael and The Jackson 5 started collecting trophies (奖杯) with their acts at talent shows.
93. How many children did the Jackson family have?
94. What did little Michael do at the age of five?
95. How did people feel after they heard Michael sing the song?
__________________________________________ 96. Michael didn’t think he had done anything special, did he?
97. How would the father punish his sons if they didn’t do well?
He would punish them ________________________ 98. Do you like Michael Jackson? Why?
Ⅶ. Writing (作文): (共20分)
(以“是一种乐趣”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。) (注意：短文中不得出现考生的姓名、校名、及其他相关信息，否则不予评分。) Use the following points as a reference. (以下问题仅供参考)
? What do you usually do for fun?
? Why do you find it interesting and good for you?