第一部分 听力 （共15分）
A B C D
4. ( ) 5. ( ) 6. ( )
7. Why was the girl late for school?
A. She went to bed too late. B. She didn’t have breakfast. C. She overslept (睡过头了).
8. When she got to the bus stop, she realized she had forgotten her ______.
A. schoolbag B. money C. key
9. Where are they going to meet Pam?
A. At the bus station. B. At the airport.
10. What would the lady like to do?
A. She likes to drive a car.
B. She’d like to watch people.
C. She’d like to watch movies.
11. When does the dialog take place?
A. At night. B. In the afternoon.
12. What can people most probably see on Park Farm?
A. Cows. A. In the fields. A. At 5:00. B. Dogs. B. In the Gift Shop. B. At 9:30. C. Fishes. C. In the Tea Room. C. At 10:30. 13. Where can people watch their children playing? 14. What time does Park Farm open?
15. How much does a family ticket cost? C. At the petrol station. C. Before the football match.
A. 15 pounds.
B. 6 pounds. C. 4 pounds.
第二部分 笔试 （共52分）
16. We all like singers who write ______ own music.
A. they B. them C. their D. themselves
17. The light bulb is one of the most helpful ______ in the world.
A. invent B. invention C. inventions D. inventors
18. The Mid-Autumn Day usually comes ______ September or October.
A. on B. in C. at D. from
19. Some students are interested in science, but ______ like history and English.
A. other B. another C. the other D. others
20. I’d like to go to Hong Kong this winter vacation. There’s ______ to do there.
A. so much B. too much C. not much D. many things
21. What kind of volunteer work do you think ______?
A. could I do B. I could do C. should I do D. I need do
22. — How long have you ______ school?
— For three years.
A. gone away B. left C. been away from D. gone away from
23. I ______ him to go hiking with me. He’s always helping me when I have trouble.
A. hope B. let C. make D. wish
24. I have a lot of used books. I’d like to ______ to children in mountain areas.
A. give it away B. give them away C. give them in D. give it out
25. — What kind of music do you like?
— I like music ______ is quiet and gentle.
A. what B. where C. that D. when
26. — Can you come and play soccer with me?
— ______. I have a lot of homework to do.
A. Excuse me B. I’d like to C. It’s a pleasure D. I’m afraid not
27. Hurry up! We’d better not waste time. ______ we’ll be late for the movie.
A. Or B. But C. And D. So
28. The tea ______ by the Chinese emperor Shen Nong thousands of years ago.
A. discover B. was discovered C. discovered D. is discovered
29. He will call us as soon as he ______ in Shanghai
A. arrives B. arrive C. will arrive D. has arrived
30. Last week the sports meet was ______ because of the bad weather.
A. put away B. put out C. put down D. put off
31. We ______ a math test this time yesterday.
A. had B. were having C. have had D. are having
32. I can’t stand hamburgers! They make me ______ sick.
A. to feel B. felt C. feel D. feeling
33. The teacher asked her students ______ music in class.
A. not to listen to B. don’t listen to C. to listen D. listening
The measure (判断标准) of a man’s character is what he would do if he knew he would
never be found out.
— Thomas Macaulay
Some thirty years ago, I was studying in a public school in New York. One day, Mrs Nanette
O’Neill gave a math to our class. When the papers were marked, she discovered that twelve boys had made exactly the mistakes throughout the test.
There is nothing really new in exams. Perhaps that was why Mrs O’Neill even say a word about it. She only asked the twelve boys to after class. I was one of the twelve.
Mrs O’Neill asked questions and she didn’t scold (责备) us either. Instead, she wrote on the blackboard the words by Thomas Macaulay. She then ordered us to these words into our exercise-books 100 times.
I don’t know about the other boys. Speaking for I can say: it was the most important single of my life. Thirty years after being introduced by Macaulay’s words, they 准绳), because they give us a to measure ourselves than others.
34. A. test B. problem C. paper D. lesson
35. A. easy B. funny C. same D. serious
36. A. lying B. cheating C. guessing D. discussing
37. A. didn’t B. mustn’t C. wouldn’t D. shouldn’t
38. A. come B. leave C. stay D. apologize
39. A. more B. certain C. many D. no
40. A. common B. above C. following D. unusual
41. A. repeat B. get C. put D. copy
42. A. myself B. ourselves C. themselves D. herself
43. A. chance B. incident C. lesson D. memory
44. A. even B. still C. always D. almost
45. A. reason B. sentence C. choice D. way
A. interests B. address C. age D. experience
47. Where has she ever worked?
A. In a restaurant. B. In a police station. C. In a post office. D. In a computer company.
48. What is Julia interested in?
A. Traveling and cooking. B. Playing basketball and driving.
C. Reading and writing. D. Playing soccer and traveling.
In 1826, a Frenchman named Niepce needed pictures for his business. But he was not a good artist. So he invented a very simple camera. He put it in a window of his house and took a picture of his garden. That was the first photo.
The next important date in the history of photography was in 1837. That year, Daguerre,
another Frenchman, took a picture of his reading room. He used a new kind of camera in a different way. In his picture you could see everything very clearly, even the smallest thing. This kind of photo was called a Daguerreotype.
Soon, other people began to use Daguerre’s way. Travelers brought back wonderful photos from all around the world. People took pictures of famous buildings, cities and mountains.
In about 1840, photography was developed. Then photographers could take pictures of people and moving things. That was not simple. The photographers had to carry a lot of film and other machines. But this did not stop them, for example, some in the United States worked so hard.
Mathew Brady was a famous American photographer. He took many pictures of great people. The pictures were unusual because they were very lifelike (栩栩如生).
Photography also became one of art by the end of the 19th century. Some photos were not just copies of the real world. They showed ideas and feelings, like other kinds of art.
49. The first photo taken by Niepce was a picture of ______.
A. his business B. his house C. his garden D. his window
50. If a photographer wanted to take pictures of moving things in the year of 1840, he had to
A. watch lots of films B. buy an expensive camera
C. stop in most cities D. take rolls of film and something else with him
51. Mathew Brady ______.
A. was very lifelike B. was famous for his unusual pictures
C. was quite strong D. took many pictures of moving people
52. This passage tells us ______.
A. how photography was developed B. how to show your ideas and feelings in picture
C. how to take pictures in the world D. how to use different cameras.
A. 1045 B. all the same C. 0845 D. 0725
54. You can take the ______ train with cheap fare from Monday to Saturday.
A. 1030 B. 0945 C. 1045 D. 0845
55. There are ______ MF trains with cheap fare.
A. two B. three C. four D. five
56. The ______ train takes the longest time as ______.
A. 0845; it is the cheapest B. 0910; it is the slowest train
C. 1030; you have to change trains D. 0645; it goes straight to Leeds.
第II卷 （非机读卷 共53分）
1. By the time she _________(enter) the school, she __________(study) English for three years. 2. By eleven o’clock yesterday I _____________(finish) my work.
3. How many English words ____________ you ___________(learn) by the end of last term? 4. By the time we ___________ (get) to the station, he ____________(be) away for 2 hours. 5. She___________(work) in the supermarket for five years before she _____________(become)
a movie star.
6. He ______________(finish) reading the story before he _____________(go) to bed.
7. No one _____________ (be) late for school by the end of last month.
8. Tom asked me if I _____________(finish) my homework by the time my mother came back. 9. The firm _____________(be) on for ten minutes when he __________(get) to the cinema.
10. Mary _____________ (meet) her friend yesterday. They _____________(not see) each other
since they _____________(graduate).
evening. Little Fox watched how his father moved — little mice.
“My daddy is the ” Little Fox always said.
“Listen and count your steps carefully!” Mother Fox Little fox. “Remember your great fox ears and your quiet fox steps.”
“But …” Little Fox said. “Can’t I just stay with you?”
“My dearest baby, very soon you will and lead your own life.” said Father fox with a smile.
Please ask him
It to repair that bike.
______________ he like reading stories, _______________ he can even write some.
Mary go to the cinema until her homework
A young man from a wealthy family was about to graduate from high school. It was the
custom in that rich neighborhood for the parents to give the graduate (毕业生) a car. Bill and his father had spent months looking at cars and the week before graduation they found the perfect car. Bill was certain that the car would be his on graduation night.
Imagine his disappointment when, on the eve of his graduation, Bill’s father handed him a gift-wrapped Bible (圣经)! Bill was so angry, and he threw the Bible down and stormed out of the house. He and his father never saw each other again. It was the news of his father’s death that brought Bill home again.
As he sat one night, going through his father’s possessions (财产，所有物) that he was to inherit (继承), he came across the Bible his father had given him. He brushed away the dust and opened it to find a cashier’s check (支票), dated the day of his graduation, in the exact amount of the car they had chosen.
1. Did every graduate from the affluent neighborhood receive a car every year?
2. When did Bill and his father find the perfect car?
3. Was Bill happy when he received his gift?
4. What was in the Bible?
5. How did he feel after he saw the check in the Bible?
north, capital city, the West Lake , be famous for, Longjing Tea, silk, temple, go boating and climbing, lots of foods …
1-5 DACBD 6-10 ACBBB 11-15 AACCA 16-20 CCBDA 21-25 BCDBC 26-30 DABAD
31-35 BCAAC 36-40 BACDB 41-45 DACBD 46-50 CADCD 51-55 BADBA 56. C
11．此题答案应该为A，因为对话中说There won’t be much traffic at this time of night.（晚上
13．此题答案应该为C，文章中说：you can watch your children playingoutside. 所以答案为in the Tea
15．此题答案应该为A，文章中说：But you can save money with a family ticket which
23．此题答案应该为D，因为：hope不跟sb. to do sth，let与make后面跟动词原型作宾语
1. entered, had studied 2. had finished 3. have, learnt(learned) 4. got, had been
5. had worked, became 6. had finished, got 7. had been 8. had finished
9. had been , got 10. met, hadn’t seen, graduated
1. took 2. caught 3. greatest 4. quietly 5. told 6. to use 7. be 8. will go 解析：
6．remember to do sth: 记住要做某事。
1. not to drive so fast 2. took him more than two hours 3. Not only does; but also
4. are used for taking / to take photos / pictures 5. won’t; is finished / done 解析：
1．ask / tell sb. not to do sth
2．it作主语，后面用take表示花费。It takes sb some time to do sth.
4．be used for sth. / doing sth. / be used to do sth.：被用来做某事
1. Yes, they did. 2. The week before graduation. 3. No, he wasn’t. 4. A cashier’s check.
5. He was really sorry / regretful / sad. / He felt terrible.
1．此题应该作肯定回答，因为It was the custom in that rich neighborhood for the parents to give the graduate a car. the
Today, we are leaving Beijing for Hangzhou. Hangzhou is one of the capital cities in the south of China and has lots of spotlights. So many tourists go sightseeing in Hangzhou. It is far away from Beijing and it usually takes more than ten hours to go there by train. But we plan to go there by airplane, so it will take us two hours to go there. There are many interesting things in Hangzhou. For example, you can go boating on the West Lake. It makes you feel relaxed. You can also buy Longjing Tea and silk in Hangzhou. They are very good.
I’m sure we will have fun playing in Hangzhou.
Now let me tell you something about Hangzhou.
Hangzhou, one of the most famous cities in China, is a wonderful place for sightseeing and it is the capital city of Zhejiang Province which is in the south of China. Each year there are lots of people from all over the world traveling to the city. It will take us only 2 hours to go there by plane, but if we take a train to Hangzhou, we will spend over 10 hours on the way. There are also many special things in Hangzhou, such as Longjing Tea and silk. And as for beautiful sights, there is a lake called the West Lake that Hangzhou is famous for. We can go boating there and climb the mountains.
I think Hangzhou is a great city and I believe that we can have a great time there.
We are going to Hangzhou during the winter vacation. I would like to provide you with some information about Hangzhou. Hangzhou is the capital city of Zhejiang and it is a famous travel spotlight. Every year millions of tourists go there for sightseeing. It takes two hours to go there by air. If we take a train, it will take us more than ten hours. Hangzhou is famous for the West Lake.
It’s really fascinating. The Longjing Tea and the silk are also famous. There are lots of kinds of food, too, so you are sure to find the kind of food you like. There is much to do there, such as boating and shopping. I hope that we will have a good time in Hangzhou.
1. M: What kind of music do you like?
W: I like music that has great lyrics.
2. M: Where would you like to go on vacation?
W: I’d like to go to France some day.
3. W: I’d like to work outside.
M: You could help clean up the city parks.
4. W: When was the telephone invented?
M: I think it was invented in 1876.
5. W: What do you think of the movie?
M: You know I like action movies. So I really enjoy it a lot.
6. W: Were you late for school yesterday?
M: Yes, I was. By the time I got to class, the teacher had already started teaching.
M: Why were you late for school?
W: Well, I overslept. By the time I left the house, it was 8:00.
M: That’s not too late.
W: But when I got to the bus stop I realized I had forgotten my money.
M: So what did you do?
W: I ran home. But then I remembered I had forgotten my key, too!
W: Bruce, I think it’s time to go and meet Pam at the airport.
M: Oh, no, we’ve no need to hurry. There is plenty of time. It’s only half past eight. There won’t be much traffic at this time of night.
W: You never know, and I think your watch must be slow. I make it 8:40, and you’ll have to stop for petrol. I’d sooner get there too early than too late.
M: It’ll take her a while to get her luggage.
W: Oh, come on, Bruce! It’s time we were leaving. We can always have coffee at the airport. Anyway, I like watching people at the airport.
M: I’d rather see the end of the football match, but never mind, we’d better go.
This weekend why not visit Park Farm, in the lovely village of New Hampton , for a day in the country that the whole family will enjoy! Come and see the farm animals, and go for a walk across the fields. Afterwards, you can look around the Gift Shop or have a drink in the Black Cat Tea Room. From the Tea Room, you can watch your children playing outside. Park Farm is open every day from half past ten in the morning to five o’clock in the evening. An adult ticket costs six pounds and children between three and sixteen pay four pounds. But you can save money with a family ticket which costs fifteen pounds. Dogs are not allowed on the farm so please leave your dog at home. To find Park Farm, follow the signs in the village. The farm is very near to the river. We look forward to seeing you soon at Park Farm!