www.xkb1.com 新课标第一网不用注册，免费下载！ 2012学年第一学期九年级英语期中检测试题卷 2012.11
1．How did Lucy study for her last test?
A. B. C.
2. Where would Julia probably like to go on vacation?
What sport does Sandra prefer?
6. How often does Steve work on the QQ Farm?
A. At home.
B. Once a week. B. At school. C. Every day. C. In the cinema. C. Husband and wife. 7. Where was Ann last night? 8. What?s the relationship between the two speakers? A. Teacher and student. B. Father and daughter.
9. How long has William been skating according to the conversation?
A. For four years.
B. For five years
C. For six years.
C. Because she forgot it.
10. Why didn?t Cindy come to Leila?s birthday party? A. Because she was ill.
B. Because she wasn?t invited.
17. --Where?s Bill ?
A. can?t be
C. can be
D. should be
18. -- -- A. do A. along and
B. to sleep B. along with B. was, would B who
C. sleeping D. slept C. with
21. If I _____ you, I ______ take an umbrella with me. A. was should A .which
C. were, would D. am, will C when
22. Yao Ming is a famous basketball star_______ played in the NBA.
23. My parents want to go ___________ on vacation, they are so tired these days. A. somewhere peaceful C. somewhere boring
B. dangerous somewhere D. fascinating somewhere
24. Beijing is one of the ______ in the world today. A. busiest city
B. busy cities
C. busy city
D. busiest cities
25. --I think she should stop wearing those silly earrings. --________. I like those earrings. She looks so cool. A. I disagree.
An old man lived in a nice house a large garden. He took care of his flowers all the time, watering and fertilizing (施肥) them.
One day a young man went by the happy he could be was . He was very at this and asked, “You can?t see th 31 them every day?”
The old man smiled and said, “ I can tell you four young, and I really like this job. Second, I can?t see th, I can smell the sweetness of them. As for the last one, that?s
“Me? But you don?t know me,” said the young man.
“Yeah, it?s We enjoy the happiness these flowers us.”
The blind man?s work opened our eyes and pleased our hearts, which also made his life . Beethoven himself couldn?t people to face their difficulties bravely.
26. A. has
B. had B. as
D. in D. study D. if D. friendly D. angry D. care about D. conclusions D. unless D. Fourth D. my son D. fair D. took D. happier D. believe D. millions of
27. A. balcony B. kitchen 28. A. after 29. A. blind
B. famous B. looking after B. reasons B. since B. you
C. garden C. before C. smart
B. I think so.
C. I agree.
D. So do I.
30. A. happy 31. A. look after 32. A. stories 33. A. although 34. A. First
35. A. me 36. A. true 37. A. have brought
38. A. emptier 39. A. write 40. A. million of
B. sad C. surprised
C. care for C. excuses C. because
C. my mother C. cool C. luckier
C. have taken C. play
B. Second C. Third B. hard B. brought B. busier B. hear B. two millions
C. two million
A man in a very famous restaurant started to take off his jacket. The head waiter rushed over to his table as soon as he saw this, and said, “I?m afraid I must ask you to keep your jacket on, sir, because it is not good manners to do it in such a nice restaurant.”
“Now, listen,” said the man. “I will let you know that the Queen of England gave me permission to take off my jacket here.”
“The Queen of England?” said the waiter in great surprise.
in the United States, but you ma41. We can be sure that the story happened in ____.
A. America B. the Queen?s palace C. England 42 What did the Queen really mean?
A. People in the USA were less polite.
B. She let him take off his jacket in America.
正式场合) in England.
43. From the story we can see that ____.
Vision phones can be very useful when you have something to show the person whom you are calling. It may also have other uses in the future. Some day you may be able to call up a library and ask to read a book right over your vision phone. You may be able to do the shopping through it, too.
Suppose you read about something in the newspaper that you want to buy, you will go to your vision phone and call the shop. The shop assistant will show you the thing that you?re interested in. You?ll be able to shop all over the town and never leave your home.
Perhaps in the near future, vision phones will come into wide use in our daily life.
44. From this passage, we can guess that the _________ was invented(发明) last.
A. radio B. TV C. telephone D. vision phone
D. try on clothes 45. Through a vision phone we can __________ . A. take medicine B. order anything we need
C. travel round the world. 46 In the future, you can use a vision phone to __________ . A. read a library book. B. ask a librarian (图书员) to read a book for you. D. ask a librarian to do some shopping for you. C. ask a librarian to bring you a book.
47. Which of the following is NOT right?
A. With the vision phone, two people who are talking can see each other.
B. Vision phone may have other uses in the future.
C. You won?t be able to do the shopping through the vision phone.
Having a part-time job is an important part of growing up for It can teach their own money gives them a sense of pride and freedom.
American teenagers are allowed to do part-time jobs of 14. During the school year, In summer, top part-time jobs for teenagers swimming pools and amusement parks. These jobs are great for those who want to be active and have fun while making money. Some of the most stressful jobs teaching, nursing, and police work. These skills help to It can be school, homework, and a part-time job. However, many American ？
B. Because they can learn skills and get money.
D. Because they can do anything they like.
49. Which kind of part-time job is less stressful for American teenagers?
A. Working at police.
A. Working at parks. B. Nursing
C. Working at camps. D. Teaching. 50. Which kind of part-time job can a 13-year-old girl do in America? B. Working at a swimming pool. D. Doing the dishes in a restaurant. C.向往 D.珍视 C. Looking after babies. A.喜欢 51. What?s the meaning of the underlined word “value”? B.追求
New rules and behavior standards（标准） for middle students came out in March. Middle school is going to use a new way to decide who the top students are. The best students won?t only have high marks. They will also be kids who don?t dye(染) their hair, smoke or drink. The following are some of the new rules.
Tell the truth. Have you ever copied someone else?s work in an exam? Don?t do it again! That?s not something an honest student should do. If you have played computer games for two hours in your room, don?t tell your parents you have done homework.
Do more at school. Good students love animals and care for other people. April is Bird- loving Month in China. Is your school doing anything to celebrate(庆祝)? You should join! This way, you can learn more about animals and how to take care of them. When more people work together, it makes it more fun for everyone.
Have you ever argued with your teammates when your basketball team lost? Only working together can make your team stronger. Be friendly to the people you are with. Try to think of others, not only yourself.
Be open to new ideas. Have you ever thought that people could live on the moon? Maybe you?ll discover Earth Ⅱ some day. Don?t look down on new ideas. Everyone?s ideas are important. You should welcome them because new ideas make life better for everyone.
Use the Internet carefully. The Internet can be very useful for your studies. But some things on the Internet aren?t good for kids, so try to look at Web pages that are good for you.
You can use the Web for fun or homework. Can?t you find any good websites for children? Here 52. The school new rules will help kids by telling them____________ . A. what is right and what is wrong C. how they can study well.
B. what they should do at school D. how they can look after themselves. B. being a good friend to others D. working together with others. B. do homework for them
53 The main idea of the fourth paragraph is about __________ . A. trying to do more for the people around you C. learning from each other A. be a waste of time C. make life easier A. care for others
五位母亲Betty, Sara, Gina, Mary 和Alice打算为各自的孩子选择一所合适的学校。请仔细阅读56-60题中的个人情况说明，从A到F 的六个选项中，选出符合各人要求的最佳选项，其中一项为多余选项。
56. Betty has a six-year-old daughter. She wants her to be a musician when she grow up, so she is
54. Good websites for children can __________ .
D. help them with their studies
D. use the Internet.
55. The passage tells us how to __________ .
B. do more at school
C. be top students
www.xkb1.com 新课标第一网不用注册，免费下载！ looking for a famous music school for her.
57. Sara?s son is 10 years old. He is interested in water sports. He said that he hoped to be a sailor in the future.
58. Alice learned to dance when she was young. Now she is a successful dancer. She wants her little daughter to follow her steps.
59. Mary is always worried about her daughter, who is poor at math and English at school, so she is looking for a training centre to help her daughter.
60. Gina has a son who is a football fan. He knows about almost all the well-known football
61. My brother is only three years old. He isn?t _______ to look after himself.
62. I don?t want to _____ my parents ______, so I always work hard.
63. Don?t play with the knife, or you?ll cut your ______ .
64. Because of his terrible illness, my uncle ________ to stop smoking last year.
65. Xi?an is one of the ________ cities in the northwest of China.
66. Tom is so clever. He always __________new ideas to solve the problems.
67. He looked sad at that moment. I (认识到)68. The doctor told me that it was (有帮助的)to eat vegetables.
69. Maria is the o_____ of this blue car, we can borrow it from her.
70. Peter only eats food that t________ good.
73. Could you________ (提供)74. At 目前)75. We are going for a (野炊)
make …more interesting, healthy.
www.xkb1.com 新课标第一网不用注册，免费下载！ 学校: 班级: 姓名: 试场: 座位号:
第一节：听小对话,选择正确的图片。 (5分) 第二节：听对话,回答问题。 (5分) 第三节：听独白，完成信息记录表(10分 二、单项选择题（共10分,每小题1 1 1分,48-55小题每题2分，共23分） 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 五、任务型阅读（本题有5小题,每小题1分,共计5分） 56. 57. 58. 59. 60.
(A) 64. 65. 66.
(B) 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75.
1.M: Lucy did very well in her last test.
W: You?re right. She often asked her English teacher for help before the test.
2.M: I?ll have a seven-day holiday this month.
W: Wow, you?re so lucky. If I were you, I would fly to Paris. Paris is a great place to go on vacation.
3.M: Are you in the volleyball club, Sandra?
W: No. I like playing basketball better. I?m in the basketball club now.
4.M: Good morning.
W: Good morning.
M: What?s the matter with you?
W: I have a headache. I feel terrible now.
5. W: Excuse me.
M: Oh, sorry.
6.W: Steve, QQ Farm is so popular these days. What do you think of it?
8. W: I?m sorry, Mr. Zhang. I
but I had a bad cold then.
I have a lot of problems recently. Firstly, I?m not happy in class. I?m so shy that I?m afraid of speaking in class. Secondly, I argued with my best friend. I am very worried because I have few friends. I don?t want to lose her. Thirdly, I feel nervous as the middle exams are coming. And even I can?t sleep well at night. Yesterday, my mother took me to the doctor. I told the doctor my problems and he gave me some advice. He asked me to make more friends who look friendly and play games in my free time, so that I?ll be not so shy. He also said,” If you don't want to lose your best friend, you should talk with her. Tell her what you think and you will be the best friend again.” Because I can?t sleep well, he asked me to eat some food good for sleep. And he asked me to relax. I?m trying to follow his advice.
1--5 BACCA 6--10 CCABA 11--15 BACAB
16—20 DADCB 21—25 CBADA
三、完型填空 （本题有15小题，每小题1分，共15分） 26—30 CCDAC 31—35 BBACB 36—40 AADBD
41—43 AAC 44—47 DBAC 48—51 BCCD 52—55 ADDC
67 realized 68 helpful 70 tastes 71 churches 73 provide 74 present 七、书面表达。(共1题，计15Dear Stephen,
my parents. I don?t know how to deal with them. I am football . I like watching football games . I like Li Yang