Finished length: 6-1/2”
Materials needed: DMC Floss:
1 Skein of Bright Christmas Green (#700)
1 Skein of Bright Chartreuse (#704) 1 Skein of Lemon (#307)
Round beads: 18 Yellow, 3 Black
You will also need scissors, a ruler, masking tape and a piece of heavy thread or dental floss.
To make your bracelet:
(Before beginning, see drawings of Overhand Knot, Square Knot and Easy Bead Threading that are used on this project.)
1. Cut a 72" piece of Bright Christmas Green, a 72" piece of Bright Chartreuse floss, and a 34" piece of Lemon floss. Fold floss in half, line up the centers and tie an overhand knot 2" from looped end. Tape the loop to the table.
2. Use one strand Bright Christmas Green and one strand Bright Chartreuse to tie square knots over remaining strands (filler cords). Repeat to tie knots for 2-1?4".
3. To make a flower, thread the Bright Christmas Green strand through three Yellow beads, the Bright Chartreuse strand through three more Yellow beads and thread the Lemon filler cords through Black bead.
4. Repeat Step 2 tying square knots for 1". 5. Repeat Step 3.
6. Repeat Step 2 tying square knots for 1" and Step 3 again for a total of three flowers.
7. Repeat Step 2 tying square knots for 2-1?4". 8. To end, using all strands, tie an overhand knot. Neatly trim both ends of the bracelet leaving 2" on each end to tie around your wrist.
Over Hand Knot
Finished Overhand Knot
Step a. Lay left strand across filler cords and under right strand. Then put the right strand under filler cords and up through the loop made by left strand. Pull snugly. Step b. Lay right strand across filler cords and under left strand. Then put the left strand under filler cords and up through the loop made by right strand. Pull snugly.
Finished Multiple Square Knot
Easy Bead Threading
Step a. Use a 6”length of heavy thread or dental floss, fold in half and thread the cut ends through a bead, leaving a 2” loop on one side of the bead. Step b. Place the filler cords through the thread loop and pull loop and floss through the bead hole.