A wet night
2. 我不确信她是否是自己独自完成作业的。 3.妈妈对我的学习很挑剔。 4.当妈妈进来的时候，那孩子假装睡觉。 5.电话响的时候她假装她不在家。
tent n. 帐篷
n. 田地, 田野，领域
in the field 在田野里 He is an expert in his field. football field 足球场地 airfield 飞机场------on the airfield
smell: v. 嗅，闻到，散发…的气味 e.g. It smells of human beings. The dish smells wonderful, but tastes bad. You smell; you should take a bath right now. 感官动词：look，taste，sound，smell，feel + adj. n. 气味，臭味，嗅觉 e.g. The dustbin gives off a strange smell.
wonderful adj. 极好的 Great/Excellent/Outstanding/Brilliant/Fantastic
campfire n. 营火，营火会 camp n. 营地 v．露营，扎营 e.g. Where should we camp tonight? creep: v.爬 e.g. The cat crept slowly and quietly towards the bird. The thief is creeping along the corridor.
comfortable adj. 舒适的 e.g. The prince and the princess lived a comfortable and happy life. I felt comfortable with my friend. comfort v. 安慰 e.g. I know you were hurt, I really want to comfort you, but I don’t know how.
soundly adv. 香甜地 I crept out of my home when my parents were sleeping soundly.
sound adj. 健全的，可靠的，合理的，健康的 e.g. have sound teeth/ have a sound heart safe and sound 安然无恙的 e.g. Don’t worry about the children, they are safe and sound in grandma’s house.
leap: v. jump 跳，跳跃 e.g. I leapt from my chair when I saw her. leap year 闰年 Look before you leap. 三思而后行
heavily v. 沉重地；大量地 e.g. He fell down heavily and hurt his ankle.
stream: n. 小溪 e.g. There is a stream near my home in my hometown. A stream runs through the woods. stream: v. 流，涌，流住 e.g. Tears stream down her face. form: n.形状 e.g. The fog was very heavy and I could only see the form of the building. form: v. 形成，组成 e.g. The students formed into a line/circle.
wind: v. 绕，缠 wind one's way 蜿蜒而行 e.g. The river winds its way to the sea.
wind up 卷起，停止 e.g. Before I wind up, I have two points to talk about.
right adv. 正好 right 做副词时强调后边的形容词、副词、介词短语, 不强调动词 Right here waiting for you. Get out right now.
I found my lost watch right in the garden.
1. Late in the afternoon, the boys put up their tent in the middle of a field. late in the afternoon 傍晚 early in the morning 清早 put up =set up 搭建 in the middle of 在……当中，在……中间 ? In the middle of the campus, there is a very big clock. ? In the middle of the term, we had an exam.
2. As soon as this was done, they cooked a meal over an open fire. As soon as 一…
…就…… e.g. As soon as I had finished my homework, I went to play tennis. Please give me a phone call as soon as you arrive in Shanghai. open fire 篝火，盆火 cook a meal 做一顿饭
3. They were all hungry and the food smelled good.
4. After a wonderful meal, they told stories and sang songs by the campfire. by 在……旁边，靠近 ? Come and sit by me. ? There are many trees by the river.
5. But some time later it began to rain. some time later / earlier begin/start to do begin/start doing sth.
6. The boys felt so tired so they put out the fire and crept into their tent. 7. In the middle of the night, two boys woke up and began shouting. at midnight wake up 醒来 wake sb. up 8. Their sleeping bags were warm and comfortable, so they all slept soundly.
9. It was raining heavily and they found that a stream had formed in the field. 10. The tent was full of water. They all leapt out of their sleeping bag and hurried outside.
12. It was raining heavily and they found that a stream had formed in the field. 13. The stream wound its way across the field and then flowed right under their tent.
Put: ? put on: (穿上)
She put on her coat and went away.
put up with（容忍，忍受）
John can’t put up with his girlfriend.
put out (扑灭)
put away (放好，放到一边去)
The firemen put the fire out quickly.
Please put the book away and recite together.
① 搭建， They put up their tent in the middle of a field. ② 安排住宿，为……提供膳宿，夜宿 It’s raining heavily. We must put them up tonight.
It rained yesterday, so the meeting had to be put off.
Please put down all the sentences on the blackboard.
Medusa: Snake Lady（美女蛇） ? One of the Gorgons（蛇发女怪）, and the only one who was mortal. Her gaze could turn whoever she looked upon to stone. There is a particular myth in which Medusa was originally a beautiful maiden. She desecrated Athena's （雅典娜，智慧与技艺的女神）temple by lying there with Poseidon（海神）. Outraged, Athena turned Medusa's hair into living snakes. ? Medusa was killed by the hero Perseus（珀尔修斯,宙斯之 子） with the help of Athena and Hermes（ 为众神传信并 掌管商业、道路、科学、发明、口才、幸运等的神）. He killed her by cutting of her head and gave it to Athena, who placed it in the center of her Aegis（羊皮盾）, which she wore over her breastplate.
稀罕的，杰出的，珍贵的 e.g. The blue sky is a rare sight for the city people. Pandas are rare animals. Rare people don’t know about Yao Ming now. rarely: adv.很少地，罕见地 e.g. He rarely goes to school. ancient: adj.远古的，旧的, 落后的 ancient Egypt古埃及
e.g. China is one of the famous four ancient civilized countries. I feel ancient when I see how the young people behave. the anci
ent n. 古人 e.g. Sometimes I think the ancient were really lucky because they don’t need to study English.
trouble: n.烦恼，麻烦 in trouble adv.处于不幸中 If you can’t pay my money back, you will be in trouble.
take the trouble to do sth 不怕麻烦去做… e.g. Don’t take the trouble to talk to him, you know he is hopeless. trouble: v.（使）麻烦，（使）烦恼 e.g. I don’t really want to trouble you, but sometimes I have to. myth: n. 神话，神话似的人物 fairy tales/ legend e.g. God is only a myth. Some people believe in God, some people don’t.
e.g.: The story of Cinderella is just a beautiful myth.
effect: n. 效果，作用，影响 e.g. It takes 30 minutes for the medicine to take effect. The pop culture will surely have great effect on children’s thinking. effective adj.有效的 ineffective adj.无效的 e.g. This law will be effective next month. They take effective measures to earn money.
1. Jasper is one of those rare people (who believes in ancient myths.) a beautiful girl
This is the hotel which was built last year.
This is the island that was bought by a millionaire. The pilot whose plane landed in a field was not hurt.
人： who/ whom/ that ? 物： which/ that ? 地点状语：Where/ prep. + which ? 时间状语：When ? 原因状语：Why
The boy whom I met yesterday was John. The boy who/that borrowed my money was my brother. I have finished the book which/that I had borrowed from Shanghai Library.
“one of +名词／代词”，of后面的名词必须是复数 one of your friends
One of your friends is waiting for you now. 课文中who代指的是one of those rare people， 所以动词用believes。
2. He has just bought a new house in the city but ever since he moved in, he has had trouble with cars and their owners. ever since ? 自从我的孩提时代起，我就对飞行一直感兴趣。 I've been interested in flying ever since I was a boy. ? 他去年离开了这座村庄，从那以后一直没有回去过。 He left the village last year and has never returned ever since.
sb. have/has trouble with… …给某人带来麻烦, 和某人相处有麻烦 新生的婴儿给他们添了许多麻烦。 They are having a lot of trouble with the new baby.
隔壁的狗给我们带来很多麻烦。 We have had great trouble with the neighboring dog.
那只大熊给森林里的动物带来了无穷无尽的麻烦。 Animals in the forest have troubling with that huge bear.
3. When he returns home at night, he always finds that someone has parked a car outside his gate. 4. Because of this, he has not been able to get his own car into his garage even once. ? because of “由于，因为”，跟名词、代词或动词 ing He came back early because of the rain. ? because “由于，因为” 后面接
从句 You can’t remember his name, because you aren’t really thinking.
Because the coat’s material is bad, the coat is cheap. Because of the bad material, the coat is cheap. Because the weather is bad, we stay at home. Because of the bad weather, we stay at home.
Because you are here, the world is different, I get up early in the morning… . Because of you, the world is different, I get up early in the morning…
在现在时和过去时中，can/could与be able to一般可 以互换，在完成时和将来时中一般用be able to。 get sth. into 把……弄进 get his car into his garage drive the car into 把车子撞上…… I drove the car into the wall /tree. even once 甚至一次（even 起强调）
5. Jasper has put up ‘No Parking’ signs outside his gate and these have not had any effect. have (an) effect (on sth.) 对……有效果 ? 他的方法一点用都没有。 His methods have no effects at all. ? 青蛙妈妈的话对小青蛙完全没用。 What the frog’s mother said have no effect on him. 6. Now he has put an ugly stone head over the gate.
7. It is one of the ugliest faces (I have ever seen).
It is one of the ugliest faces (that I have ever seen). that是see (seen)的宾语 如果关系词在从句中做宾语, 关系词可以省略
But none of them has been turned to stone yet!
none of，neither of做主语时 谓语动词用单数 到目前为止，还没有人通过考试。 None of them has passed that exam. 他俩都不是好人哇。 Neither of them is a good guy.
The man whom you met yesterday is an actor. The man you met yesterday is an actor.
The book which you lent me is very interesting. The book you lent me is very interesting. The flowers that I love best are roses. The flowers I love best are roses.
Fill in the blanks with “that/ which/ where”. 1. The city _____________ I was born has a lot of parks. 2. I don’t like cities _____________have a lot of factories. 3. I try to shop at stores _____________have products from different countries. 4. I like to shop at stores _____________I can find products from different countries. 5. A department store is a store in _____________you can find all kinds of goods—clothing, furniture, toys, etc. 6. The town in _____________she grew up was destroyed by the war.