disadvantage, disabled, disagree, discover,dislike,discourage,disappear,disorder,discount.
1． -eer，-er（or）visitor, engineer, driver，teacher，director，actor，professor
7．-ness：happiness， usefulness，selfishness，selfishlessness,kindness，illness,laziness,business, carelessness,
11．-ful：useful，beautiful,hopeful，helpful，forgetful，thankful， fearful ,careful,joyful,respectful.
13．-able： changeable, comfortable,affordable,unforgetable,respectable,
15. –ing: worring,surprising,disappointing,exciting,interesting.
19.-ly ：happily， sadly，unfortunatly,carefully,beautifully,successfully,generally,wonderfully.
1. That man was ________enough not to tell the manager that he would not do the job.
A. care B. careful C. careless D. carelessness
2. The soldier died for saving the child，so his________ is heavier than Mount Tai.
A. die B. dead C. died D. death
3. The child looked ________at his brother who was badly wounded.
A. sadly B. sadness C. sadely D. sad
4. He is an expert at chemistry. We all call him a ________.
A. chemistry B. chemical
C. chemist D. physician
5.The three- ________chair isn’t suitable for a young child. He may fall off.
A. legging B. legged C. legs D. leged
6. Stephenson became the________railway engineer in the world.
A. lead B. leader C. leading D. leadership
7.When the teacher praised him for working out the maths problem，Jack looked________about at his classmates.
A. proud B. proudly C. pride D. pridely
8.To everyone’s ________，the girl finished the job quite well.
A. satisfied B. satisfactory C. satisfying D. satisfaction
9.—What are you doing here?
—Oh，my teacher asked me to write a passage about ________in English.
—You can write________passage in English?
A. 600 words；a 600-words
B. 600-word；a 600-words
C. 600 words；a 600-word
D. 600 words；a 600-words
10. No one should enter the spot without the________of the police.
A. permit B. permission
C. permitting D. permittance
11. You must come with us to the police ________.Our head is waiting for you.
A. headquarters B. headline C. headmaster D. headache
12.Letting that animal escape was no accident；you did it ________.
A. intend B. intention C. intentionally D. intentional
13. The shop owner welcomed all the guests with a________smile.
A. practice B.practise C. practical D. practiced
14. The________ordered him to pay a $100 fine.
A. judger B. judgment C. judge D. judgement
15. My TV is out of order. Can you tell me what is the________news about Iraq War?
A. lately B. latest C. later D. latter
16. The Great Wall is more than 6000 li in ________.
A. longer B. length C. long D. longing
17.To my ________，I passed the exam easily.
A. joy B. joyful C. joyless D. joyness
18. Canada is mainly an________country.
A. English-speaking B. speak-English
C. spoken-English D. English-spoken
19. How________ he is! He is always acting________.He is really a ________.
A. foolish；foolishly；fool B. fool；foolish；fool
C. foolish；fool；fool D. foolishly；foolish；fool
20. The necklace that she lost is very expensive. It’s of great ________.
A. valuable B.value C. valueless D. unvaluable
21. There were________fish in the river in South America.
A. in danger B. danger C. dangerous D. endangered
22.The letter ―b‖ in the word ―doubt‖ is________.
A. sound B. silent C. silence D. sounded
23. The child looked at me________.
A. stranger B. strangely C. strange D. strange less
24.The black people were against slavery and fought for their________bravely.
A. free B. freely C. freedom D. frees
25. What you said sounded________ but in fact it was untrue.
A. reasonable B.reasonful C. reasonless D. unreason
26. We have to learn ________technology from other countries.
A. advance B. advancing C. advantage D. advanced
27. The children live in a village ________.They come here almost every day.
A. nearby B. near C. nearly D. near by
28.Mr Black is an ___in the army，not an ____in the government. You can not easily find him in his________.
A. official；officer；office B. officer；office；official
C. official；official；official D. officer；official；office
29.You’d better give up smoking if you want to keep ________.
A. health B. healthy C. healthily D. healthier
30.________ speaking，I didn’t do it on purpose.
A. Honestly B. Honest C. Honesty D. Dishonest