Unit 5 What will I be like?
I. Fill in the blanks with proper words according to the phonetic symbols. (根据音标写单词)
1. These __________ know a lot about space. ['?str?n?:ts]
2. Tom wants to be a __________ when he grows up. [ri'p?:t?]
3. In the ____________, people can travel to space by spaceship. ['fju:t??]
4. Please press the __________ if you want to turn on the lights. ['b?tn]
5. The magic camera can tell you what you will ____________ be like. ['p?s?bli]
II. Fill in the blanks with the proper words. (选词填空)
1. Would you like to __________ a photograph. (do, take)
2. Please read the note __________ the back of the tickets. (in, on)
3. There is a big tree __________ the tall building. (in front of, in the front of)
4. Kitty will be a singer in 15 _________ time. (years’, years)
5. I think Shanghai will be ________ in the future. (beautiful, more beautiful)
III. Rewrite the following sentences as required. （按要求改写下列各句）
1. She put a ￥20 note in the box. (一般疑问句)
________ she ________ a ￥20 note in the box?
2. Jill will possibly be a pilot in 10 years’ time. (否定句)
Jill ________ possibly ________ a pilot in 10 years’ time.
________ ________ is your brother?
________ ________ does Mary weigh now?
5. Alice will look for the “START” button. (提问)
________ ________ look for the “START” button?
IV. Choose the best answer. (选择最佳答案)
( ) 1. When Ben is 20 years old, he will be 180 centimeters _____.
A. tall B. taller C. heavy D. heavier
( ) 2. Who will agree _____ her?
A. on B. in C. at D. with
( ) 3. I’m sure he will _____ our holiday this summer.
A. enjoyed B. enjoys C. enjoy D. enjoying
( ) 4. This is a picture _____ Fuxing Middle School.
A. for B. to C. by D. of
( ) 5. They _____ to Sunny Bay and had a picnic there.
A. take a ferry B. by ferry C. took a ferry D. took ferry
( ) 6. _____ your raincoat. It’s raining outside.
A. Put on B. Put down C. Wear D. Dress up
( ) 7. I don’t know _____ she will be like in 25 years.
A. who B. what C. where D. when
( ) 8. You have watched TV for too _____. It’s bad for your eyes.
A. many B. much C. often D. long
( ) 9. Mary was born in Canada, _____ she speaks Japanese very well.
A. so B. or C. and D. but
V. Choose the word or expression which is the closest in meaning to the underlined part in
( ’t work it out.
( ( (
Ⅵ. Read the passage and answer the questions. (阅读并回答问题)
Do you remember the bed stories you read when you were young? We can know many interesting things from the bed stories. Little by little, we can read the stories with the help of our parents. Reading is very important for us. We can get much information and knowledge from reading. But which are the best books for us and where can we get the books? A new reading room can solve the problems. It is built in Heilongjiang Province. It is named a parent-child reading room. It is open to the parents and their children. There are more than 4,000 books for kids in the reading room. The boys and girls enjoy reading in it.
What is more, the boys and girls can read the books with their parents. Fathers and mothers can choose books with their daughters and sons together. The children are so young. They don’t know many words. But they like to read the books by themselves. And their parents can help them. They can understand each other and love each other better.
Are you interested in the way of reading? It is very interesting. And our parents may like to read the books with us.
1. What can we get from reading?
We can get ___________ and __________ from reading.
2. A new reading room helps us to read the best books, doesn’t it?
3. What is the new reading room called?
It is called _________________________________________.
4. How many books for kids are there in the reading room?
There are __________________________________________.
5. What do you think of this way of reading books?
I think it is _________________________________________.