外研 七年级 下册
What can you do?
I can run really fast.
Words and expressions
Read the words and expressions loudly.
Words and expressions
monitor start get on well with sb. ready ready to do sth. promise fast 班长; 监督员 开始; 开端 与某人相处融洽 adj. 乐意的 乐于做某事 v. 承诺; 保证 adv. 快地; 快速地 adj. 快的; 快速的 fit adj. 健康的; 强健的 just adv. 就; 且请; 正好 n. n.
Words and expressions
ball game team best score tidy sure everybody just like beautiful n. 球; 球类游戏 n. 运动项目 n. 队伍; 球队 adj. 最好的 n. 得分; 成绩 adj. (爱)整齐的; (爱)整洁的 v. 收拾; 整理 adj. 确信的; 有把握的 pron. 每个人 正如; 正像 adj. 美的; 美丽的
Work in pairs. Guess what animal I’m describing.
What can you do at school?
Draw Empty Sweep pictures the the trash floor Student A Student B … Clean the board …
What can you do at home?
Cook Wash Clean Make the the the the bed meals clothes bedroom Student A Student B …
Enjoy a video
What can you do?
1. To read and understand the reading material about running for class monitor 2. To learn to describe your own advantages: I can … well. I’m good at … I’m ready to… 3. To learn to write a speech about running for a class monitor
Words: fast, clean, monitor, kind, help, promise, enjoy, fit, healthy, score, tidy Phrases: get on well with, do well, be ready to, be good at, do v-ing, just like Patterns: I’d like to be the class monitor. I get on well with … I’m always ready to… I want to be… I’m really good at…
1 Work in pairs. Ask and answer
① Which monitor would you like to be for your class? ? class monitor
? PE monitor
? cleaning monitor
②What do these monitors do?
Listen to the passage and answer the following questions.
1. What are they doing now? They are choosing their new monitors. 2. Which monitor does Lingling want to be for her class? The class monitor.
3. Which monitor does Daming want to be for his class? The PE monitor.
4. Which monitor does Tony want to be for his class? The cleaning monitor.
2 Read the passage and check (√) the true sentences. 1 Lingling doesn’t get on well with others. 2 Lingling is kind to everyone. √ 3 Daming is good at sport so he wants to be the PE monitor. √ 4 Daming plays football for the school. √ 5 Tony doesn’t like cleaning.
6 Tony’s home is tidy.
1. I get on well with everyone, classmates and teachers. 我和每个人，每个同学，每个老师都相处 得很好。 get on well with意思是“和……相处得很好” I get on well with my friends. 我和我的朋友相处得很好。 get along well with sb.为同义表达，意为 “与某人和睦相处，相处融洽”。
He get along well with his families. 他和他的家人相处得很融洽。 反义表达“与某人相处得不好”，可以 用 get o
n badly with sb.; 如果想询问与某 人相处得怎样，要用how来提问，如： - How do you get on with your classmates? - Just so so. —你跟同学们相处得怎样？ —一般吧。
2. I work very hard, and I do well at school. 我在学校学习努力，表现很好。 do well意思是“表现好”。do well in 是 指“在某方面做得好，擅长做……”。如： She does well in handmade things. 她擅长做手工物品。 本课中还出现了和do well in意思相近的 词组be good at，如下： But I’m really good at football. 但我真正擅长踢足球。
be good at 和 do well in区别
be good at 强调一种笼统的情况 do well in 可表示一种情况，也可表示 在一次活动中表现出色。 I am not good at playing table tennis. 我不擅长打乒乓球。 Mr Wu is good at calligraphy. 吴先生擅长书法。 He does well in this exam. 他在这次考试中表现很好。 Peanuts do well in this area. 这一带花生长得很好。
3. I’m kind and I’m always ready to help others. 我很友好并乐于助人。 be ready to do sth.意思是“乐意做某 事”，在这里ready意为“愿意的、乐 意的”。如：I’m ready to help you. be ready to do sth. 还意为“准备好 做……”。如： Are you ready to leave now?
4. Choose me as your class monitor and I promise to help YOU! 选我当你们的班长, 我保证会帮助你们！ (1) choose… as…意为“选……当……”。 as 是介词，后接表示职业或某人身份的 名词，意思是“作为, 当作” 。如： As your friend, I will be with you forever. 作为你的朋友，我会永远和你在一起。
(2) promise 意为“承诺；保证”。 promise to do sth. 意为“承诺做某事”。 如： My mother promises to take me to the cinema. 【练习】 用所给动词的适当形式填空。 to buy Don’t worry! I promise _______ (buy) a new mobile phone for you.
5. I often help my mother do cleaning at home... 我经常帮我母亲在家打扫卫生…
在英语中，常常在 do后面加上动词的 -ing形式，表示“做某事”。如：
do some cleaning 打扫卫生 do some shopping 买东西 do some reading 看书 do some washing 洗衣服
3 Underline the correct words. How to choose your monitors A good class monitor gets on well with (1) classmates / everybody and (2) promises/ likes to help you. A good PE monitor enjoys sport and is usually (3) fit / tidy.
They often play (4) basketball / the piano or other sports in the school (5) team / class. They always try to get the best (6) score/ help in a match. A good cleaning monitor is (7) bad / good at cleaning. They make the classroom (8) just / best like home.
4 Complete the sentences with the correct form of the expressions from the box. get on well with good at ready to 1 Lingling is a kind girl and she is always ________ ready to help others.
2 Everybody likes her because she gets on well with others. _________
good at 3 Daming plays football and is _______ sports.
5 Work in pairs. Choose the best classmates to be the monitors in Activity 1.
⊙ who they are and what job they can do
⊙ why they can do it
Put volunteers in pairs to talk about what they are good at, can do well and how they can help.
Ques Stud Stud Stud Stud Stud Stud tions ent A ent B ent C ent D ent E ent F Good at? Can do? Can help?
Now talk in groups about your notes and decide who should be their monitors and say why. Report back to the class.(Everyone in the group should say something)
6 Write a passage about one of the monitors in Activity 5. Use the passage in Activity 2 to help you.
?who he/she is? ?what he/she wants to be? ?why he/she can do it? ?what he/she can do?
Read your passage to the class and then ask some classmates to say three things they remember about your passage.
Sam would like to be the class monitor. He works hard and does well at school. He is kind and gets on well with everyone. He is always ready to help others. He promises to help his classmates and he can even help the teachers.
Now 2 mins to test your spelling.
1. English-Chinese ready to do fit tidy just like 2. Chinese-English 班长 确信的；有把握的 美的； 美丽的 得分；成绩 承诺；保证 队伍；球队 每个人
When finished, exchange your papers to see who does the best.
注: word 文档 点击此处链接
Ⅰ. 根据句意及汉语提示写出正确的单 词。 promise (承诺) to help me 1. Can you ________ with my Chinese, Wang Lei? 2. The young man in a black coat looks fit very ________ (强健的).
score 3. —What’s your ________ (成绩) in the Chinese test (测验)? —It’s a secret. everybody (每个人) here now? 4. —Is _________ —Sorry, Xiao Yang isn’t here. monitor (班长) and 5. Zhao Qi is our ________ he always helps us.
Ⅱ. 用方框中所给单词完成下列句子。 tidy, team, just, beautiful, fast 1. Sara plays basketball well, and she team is in the school ________. 2. —Jane, your red skirt is very ________. beautiful —Thank you.
just a six-year-old girl, 3. Mary is ________ but she knows a lot. 4. —Time for school! Please walk fast ________. —OK I will. 5. Please keep your room clean and tidy ________ from now on.
Ⅲ. 根据句意及汉语提示写出正确的单 词。 1. This apple is the ________ (最好的) best of the three. I want to give it to my mother. 2. —Do you like playing table tennis? even (甚至) play it —Yes. I ________ every day.
3. There is a football match. watch (看) it. Let’s go to ________ 4. —Where is your teacher? between (在……之间) —He is sitting ________ Kate and Jane in the classroom. As 5. ________ (作为) your friend, I can help you at any time.
1. 玛丽总是乐于帮助别人。 ready _____ to ______ help Mary is always _____ others.
is ______ very Our English teacher _____ kind ______ to ______ us.
3. 周末，我们经常在家打扫卫生。 do ________ cleaning at home at We often ________ weekends. 4. 那个女孩擅长打网球。 is good at The girl ________ ________ ________ playing tennis. 5. 这对双胞胎与同学相处融洽。 get _____ on _____ well ______ with The twins _____ their classmates.
1. Review the new words and expressions we have learned.
2. List ten things both you can do and can’t do.
1. Preview the vocabulary of
2. Preview the use of can.