Lesson 18 In England they have different words for things. 要点精析
1. biscuit n. 饼干, 小点心
1. I caught her with her fingers in the biscuit tin.
2. The biscuit compels the mosquitoes quit the equipment.
3. One lady brought in a biscuit on a wheelbarrow. It weight nearly 500 pounds.
2. sweet adj. 甜的, n. 糖果
1. Do you like sweet or dry sherry?
2. The dentist told the boy not to eat too many sweets.
3. The dish tastes a bit sweet.
3. crisp adj. 脆的, 易碎的，n. 油炸土豆片
1. A small crisp piece of toasted or fried bread.
2. It tastes sweet and crisp.
3. Melba toast is thin crisp toast.
4. waistcoat n. 背心,马甲
1. His waistcoat is beneath his coat.
2. The man was wearing a black waistcoat.
3. Her waistcoat is beautiful.
5. undershirt n. 汗衫
1. He wear undershirt go to school one one day, headmaster say, can't dress undershirt go to school.