Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分 词汇和语法) 46%
I. Find the best word to complete each sentence (从括号内选择恰当的单词或短语，完成句子，用A或B 表示)。6%
1. Don?t forget ______ (A. to turn B. turning) the lights off when you leave the classroom.
2. Jane goes to the cinema _______(A. once B. first) a month.
3. ---Why do I always have a headache?
--- Because you watch ______(A. too many B. too much ) television.
4. Perhaps there will be __________(A. few B. fewer) traffic jams in the future.
5. How do you think of these _________(A. trolleys B. trolleies)? Very useful.
6. Last summer I took my first _____ (A. fly B. flight) from Shanghai to Xi?an.
II. Choose the best answer.(选出最恰当的答案，用A,B,C,D表示，填入括号内)16%
1. My little son likes playing _________ piano.
A. an B. a C. the D. /
2. Flying kites is my favourite __________ activity.
A. indoor B. outdoor C. inside D. outside
3. In summer, the students like ________ in the sea at the beautiful beaches.
A. swimming B. swam C. swim D. to swimming
4. ---Have you checked your passport______, Grandma?
---Yes, I?ve ________ checked it.
A. yet yet B. yet already C. already yet D. already just
5. Kitty hates rice dumplings. She?d rather _____ a piece of pizza.
A. has B. to have C. have D. having
6. Perhaps Danny will be a cook. He is good at _________.
A. cooker B. cook C. cooking D. to cook
7. –We can travel to Beijing by _____.
A. a train B. train C. trains D. the train
8. I stayed in the library for _______ to read an interesting book.
A. one hour and a half B. one and an half hours
C. one and a half hour D. one hours and a half
9. Jack?s mother is ill. He _____ look after his sister at home.
A. can B. has to C. have to D. may
10. Aunt Judy and Uncle have lived in Los Angeles __________ six years.
A. in B. with C. to D. for
11. I will be 165 centimetres ________.
A. high B. tall C. short D. heavy
12. I would be thankful if you could give me ________.
A. some advice B. some advices C. an advice D. any advices
13. Joe watches television _____ a day.
A. four times B. for four times C. four time D. for four time
14. Kitty will be an astronaut in _________.
A. 15 year B. 15 year?s time C. 15 years? time D. 15years
15. Have you got _______ in your suit case?
A. enough space B. space enough C. enough spaces D. a space
16. –Would you like some coke?
---_______. I?m not thirsty.
A. Yes, please. B. No, please. C. No, but thank you all the same.
D. I don?t like coke.
III. Complete the following passage with the words in the box. Each word can only be used
A. days B. different C. draw D. think E. Britain F. everyone G same
Every school has its own rules. In some school in America, students can?t chew gum(口香糖). Some school in___1___ don?t allow(允许)their 37 to have strange hairstyles. However, one rule is almost the ___2___ around the world: students have to wear uniforms on school__3____. But many students don?t like to wear the school uniforms. They ___4___ the uniforms are the ugliest clothes in the world, but schools don?t allow their students to wear their own clothes at school. Some students __5____cartoons or some famous singers on their uniforms. They think it is very boring(无聊的) that ___6_____ wears the same clothes. What do you think of it? Do you like your school uniform?
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms. (用所给单词的适当形式填空)6%
1. Many animals are in ____ because people are killing them.(dangerous)
2. Peter always has a headache. He should watch ____ television. (little)
3. Mary planned to buy a birthday cake, so she went to a ______ but the cakes are
4. The river will _______ become dry if it doesn?t rain these days.(possible)
5. We should do a lot of outdoor activities to stay ______(health).
6. The new _______ was asked to interview a famous singer.(report)
V. Rewrite the sentences as required.(按要求改写句子，每空格限填一词)12%
1. I have already bought presents for my aunt.(改为否定句)
I _________ bought presents for my aunt ______.
2. Dick does his homework after supper. (改为疑问句)
_________ Dick ______ his homework after supper? 划线部分提问)
___________ __________does it take you to understand the meaning of the painting? 划线部分提问)
_________ _______ do you go to the library?
5. Sally is not good at swimming.(保持原句意思不变)
Sally is ______ ________ swimming.
6. John likes sweet dumplings. There aren?t any beans in the dumpling. （合并为一句） John likes sweet dumpling ______ ________.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 阅读和写作) 29%
I. Reading comprehension.(阅读理解)21% A
This is a talk by a London taxi(出租车)driver.
"I've been a taxi driver for nearly ten years. Most London taxi drivers have their own taxis." "It's a nice job most of time. you meet a lot of people. I always work at night, because there is too much traffic during the day. I live twenty miles(英里)outside London and I go to work at 5:30 in the afternoon."
"I usually go home between 2 and 3 in the morning."
"Some very strange things happened late at night .The other day I was taking a woman home from a party .She had her little dog with her. When we got to her house, she found that she had lost her key. So I waited in the car with the dog while she climbed in through the windows." "I waited and waited. After half an hour of ringing the bell I decided to find out what was going on .I tied the dog to a tree and started to climb in through the window. The next thing I knew was that the police came. They thought I was a thief(小偷).
Luckily the woman came downstairs(下楼).She must have gone to sleep and forgotten about me and the dog!"
Choose the best answer.(选择最恰当的答案)5%
1. The driver has worked for _______.
A. more than ten years B. ten years C. nearly nine years D. nearly ten years
2. The driver always worked at night because it was easier to _____.
A. drive B. make money C. climb in through the window
D. meet a lot of people
3.The woman climbed in through the window because _____.
A. she wanted to have a sleep
B. her husband didn't open the door for her
C. she didn't want to pay the driver
D. she couldn't find her key
4.The story happened _____.
A. early in the morning B. late at night
C.20 miles outside London D. near the police station
5.Which of the following is wrong?
A. The driver worked until between 2 and 3 in the morning.
B. The police made a mistake.
C. The woman had no money to pay the driver.
D. The woman had forgotten about the driver and the dog.
Read the passage and choose the words or expressions to complete the passage.
How are you? Now I am studying in a new school. Let me tell you __1__ about my school life here.
The school is not far from my home. It has 20 classrooms. The classrooms aren?t very __2__. There are only 12 students in each classroom. The students here come from thirty countries. So it is an __3__ school. All the teachers and students here are very friendly, especially (尤其，特别) my best friend Emma. She often helps me __4__ my lessons.
I love sports very much now. I can play basketball well. I want to join the basketball team in the school. Please __5__ to me and tell me about your life in Singapore.
( ) 1. A. something B. anything C. everything D. nothing
( ) 2. A. small B. short C. big D. long
( ) 3. A. big B. small C. good D. international
( ) 4. A. to B. of C. with D. for
( ) 5. A. read B. write C. listen D. say
It was Saturday. My parents weren't at home. I went to my grandma's house for lunch by b____1_____. The bus was crowded. I had to s___2____ on the bus. I saw a woman with a baby standing beside a young man. The young man was sitting on two seats, pretending(假装) to be asleep. “What can I do?” I asked myself. After a while, I said to the woman, “What?s w__3 ___ with that uncle? Is he ill?” The lady smiled and said, “ Oh, don?t speak so l________. This uncle must have worked for the whole morning and he must be very t__4____. So he fell asleep on the bus.” The young man must have heard the words. His face turned r___5____. And he gave a seat to the young woman.
On Sunday, April 22, people all over the world take times out to appreciate(珍惜)the earth that we all share．It?s Earth Day, a special day to learn about our planet(星球)and how to take care of it．
On Earth Day, some people listen to speeches about the environment．Others help clean up their offices or save water and electricity at home．Your parents may even decide to take a day off from driving their cars．
Tim idea for Earth Day came from a U．S．Senator(参议员), who was worried about pollution and the health of plants and animals．And the idea quickly caught on(流行起来)．In 1970, the first Earth Day was celebrated．More than 20 million people in cities all over the U．S．took part．Since then, Earth Day has been used to educate people about their role in taking care of our planet． Now, Earth Day has become a global celebration．In 1990, 200 million people from 140 countries took part in clean-ups, tree planting and other environmental events on Earth Day．
1．When is Earth Day?
2．Who came up with the idea for Each Day?
3．How many people celebrated the flint Earth Day in 1970?
4．Is Earth Day popular around the world now?
5．What is Earth Day?
Write a short passage with about 50 words on the topic: ? My favorite indoor and outdoor activities?(根据提示，以“我最喜爱的室内和室外活动”为题，至少写50单词。) Some useful questions (参考问题)
What are your favourite indoor and outdoor activities?
Why do you like these activities?