2013-2014 Nuopei Primary School
The Second Term New Magic English Test ( Unit 3 ) Class: P4_______________ Marks: _______________________ Name: __________ ( ) Parents’ Signature: _______________
A． Listen and choose.(10%)
( ) 1. A. hotpot B. spring rolls C. cold noodles
( ) 2. A. shrimp dumplings B. pork dumplings C. beef balls
( ) 3. A. chicken’s feet B. barbecue pork buns C. red bean soup
( ) 4. A. either B. too C. neither
( ) 5. A. would B. will C. could
B. Listen and choose.(10%)
( ) 1. A. Yes, I don’t. B. No, I don’t. C. Yes, I am.
( ) 2. A. Yes, I would. B. Yes, I will. C. No, he wouldn’t.
( ) 3. A. He would like to try Peking duck.
B. He would like to visit the flower market.
C. She would like to try Peking duck.
( ) 4. A. She is tall, either. B. I am tall, too. C. He is tall, too.
( ) 5. A. I don’t like beef balls, too.
B. I don’t like beef balls, either.
C. I like beef balls, either.
C. Guess what they like eating.(6%)
1. I usually eat my favourite food in winter. It’s good to eat this with your friends. It makes us feel warm. ______________ 2. My favourite food is a type of dim sum. They’re white on the outside but with a type of seafood inside. They’re small in size. ______________
3. My favourite food is also a type of dim sum. They’re also white on the outside with some meat inside. They’re a little bit sweet but also salty. ______________
D. Jenny is telling her mum what she wants to do next week. Look at her
schedule and complete the sentences.(14%)
2. I _______________________________________ on Tuesday.
3. I _______________________________________ on Wednesday.
D. Leo sees the advertisement in the newspaper. He shows it to his family. Write about what Leo and his family would like to eat.(20%)
1.Leo’s dad would like _______________________, ___________ and ________________(eat).
2.Leo’s mum would ____________________________________ (have).
3. Leo _________________________________________________(try).
4. Cindy ______________________________________________(have). E. Leo and Cindy are in Good Taste Restaurant. Complete their
Cindy: I 2_________________________(try) spring rolls. They look
Leo: I’d like to try spring rolls, 3__________. Look, Cindy! There are
some beef rolls. They don’t look good. I don’t want to try them.
Cindy: No, they don’t look good. I don’t want to try them,
4_________.5_________________________________(eat), Leo? Leo: I 6______________________(eat) cold noodles. What about you?
Cindy: I’d like to eat cold noodles, 7__________.
Leo: I 8_____________________________(have) some sweet food now. Cindy: 9_______________________________________(have)?
Leo: I 10_______________________________(try) red bean soup. It’s
the best sweet dish in this restaurant.
Cindy: Really? I’d like to try it, 11__________.
G. Composition: You are going to have a buffet dinner this Sunday. Write
a composition about it in about 50 words.(20%)
This Sunday, I’_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________