1. Would you like to go to _______ (西北的) China to teach poor children as a volunteer.
2. This company need some people with business ___________ (背景).
3. You can get the _________ (奖赏) by calling our hotline next week.
4. We all _________ (期待) him to come soon so that we could finish all the work earlier.
5. They studied the _________ (项目) very carefully to save more money.
6. Excuse me, can you tell me how to start a __________ (谈话) in English?
7. As good students, we should take good care of the __________ (年老的).
8. A polite person never shouts in a __________ (公共的)places.
9. The twins look so __________ (类似的) that their teachers often mix them by mistake.
10. --- Lily, what’s the __________ (主题) of this year’s Earth Hour(地球一小时)？
--- The Blue Project.
11. You can check the _________ (志愿者）names on the Internet.
12. --- My teacher asks me to take part in the summer camp with the children from London.
13. ---Oh? Really? Don't miss such a good ________ .You can practice speaking English.
14. I wish I could get my parents’ ________(支持).
15. The boy ________(实现) his goal by working hard. How happy he was!
16. The __________ (survive) in the natural disaster are in great need of help.
17. Most of the food for the homeless is provided by voluntary __________ (organize).
18. The 12th Special Olympics World Games were _________ (success) held in Shanghai in
19. Can Mr. Smith helps us with soccer ________ (train)? We’ll have a match soon.
20. Please tell me the __________ (athlete) telephone numbers. I want to interview them some
21. Although he has something wrong with her hearing, but he never gives up ________ (learn)
another foreign languages.
22. Teachers found it important _______ (give) them chances to learning by themselves.
23. As we know that __________ (help) others will make us live happily.
24. Do you have any trouble _________ (win) the game? If so, I’d like to give you a hand.
25. His teachers warned the students ________ (not stay) up too late close to the exams.
26. It’s not a good habit to leave the tap __________ (run).
27. In China, __________ (shake) one’s hand is the best way to greet each other.
28. We are going to hold a meeting __________ (discussion) the problem tomorrow afternoon.
29. __________ (able) people must be helped not only by their parents but also by more
30. First, please read the __________ (introduce) of the book. Then tell me your opinion about
( )1. Mr. Jiang, as ____ elderly man, took part in the Special Games for ____ elderly, and finished
_______ second in the race.
A. a; the; the B. an; the; / C. an; an; the D. the; an; /
( ) 2 . Before working as a businessman, his first ________ was to be a volunteer for the 2007
Shanghai Special Olympics World Games.
A. work B. task C. job D. duty
( )3. We students can _______ food and old clothes to the homeless people, and the teachers can
__________ learning skills for the poor children.
A. provide; give B. provide; offer C. offer; give D. give; provide
( ) 4. As you know, we can organize our ideas in different ways according to the type of writing. For
example, when we describe a place or an object, we use _______.
A. Time order B. Space order C. General to specific D. Specific to general
( )5. The ____boy has been in hospital for about two months. The doctor says he has a serious heart _______.
A. sick; disease B. ill; illness C. sick illness D. ill; disease
( )6. Mr. White says the doctors will __________ on my mother, and it will ____ about 200,000 yuan.
A. have a check; take B. provide an operation; spend
C. do an operation; cost D. take a good care; spend
( )7. —The volunteers really provided the athletes with support.
—Exactly. __________ they helped make the event!
A. What a great success B. What great success
C. How a great success D. How great success
( )8. As a top student in our class, it’s good ____ Jim to help us when we’re in need, and also good
_____ him to exercise for an hour every day.
A. of; of B. for; for C. for; of D. of; for
( )9 —How many letters have you got from your online friends since last year?
—_______. We’re just chatting with each other when we’re free.
A. Nothing B. None C. No D. No one
( )10 —What do you think of Jack when has save the boy from the river?
—I think it’s _______ of him to do so, for the boy was in great danger.
A. important B. necessary C. brave D. honest
( )11 Daniel ______ the Party last month, and _______ our activities to help people at the community
A. joined in; took part in B. joined; joined in
C. took part in; joined D. joined in; took part in
( ) 12—Look! The two brothers are arguing about what to do next.
—Oh, well. In fact, the _____ brother’s idea is _________ the younger’s.
A. older; the same as B. elder; similar to
C. elderly; as good as D. older; different from
( )13 It was a hard time for those students because of losing the game, but they did not ______ hope.
A. give up B. give off C. give in D. give out
( )14 It’s dangerous_________ a close look at the tiger in zoo.
A. for us taking B. of us to take C. of us taking D. of us to take
( )15 After the earthquake in Sichuan, all the local governments were trying to help the ________
people to rebuild (重建) their homes.
A. careless B. hopeless C. useless D. homeless
( )16The people who are confident have more _____ to make them successful.
A. education B. chances C. excuses D. prizes
( )17 —Please speak louder. My grandfather is a little ______.
—Sorry. I ________.
A. blind; do B. disabled; won’t C. deaf; will D. worried; don’t
( ) 18—Yes. I agree. If my neighbors are busy, I can look after their children for them. —_________________________ like that.
A. It’s useful for them to do things B. It’s wise of them to do things
C. It’s wrong of you to do things D. It’s helpful of you to do things
Last Friday, after doing all the family shopping in the town. I wanted to have a rest before catching the rain. I a newspaper and some chocolate and went into the station coffee shop. It was a cheap self-service place with long tables to at. I put my heavy bag down on the floor, the newspaper and the chocolate on the table and then went to get a cup of coffee.
When I came back with the coffee, There was someone in the next seat. was a boy, with dark glasses and old clothes, and bright red at the front. He had started to eat my chocolate!
Naturally, I was rather uneasy about him, but I didn't want to have any . I just read the newspaper, tasted my coffee and took a bit of chocolate. The boy looked at me in surprise. Then he took a piece of my chocolate. I could hardly believe it. Still I didn't say anything to him. When he took a third piece, I felt more angry than uneasy. I thought, "Well, I shall have the last piece." And I got it.
The boy gave me a strange look, then up. As he left, he shouted out, "There's something with that woman!" Everyone looked at me, but I didn't want to quarrel with the boy, so I kept quiet. I did not realize that I had a mistake until I finished my coffee and was ready to My face turned red when I saw my unopened chocolate under the newspaper. The chocolate that I had been eating was the boy's!
( ) 19. A. stole B. bought C. sold D. wrote
( ) 20. A. sit B. seat C. lie D. laugh
( ) 21. A. pushed B. took C. put D. pulled
( ) 22. A. jumping B. playing C. sitting D. sleeping
( ) 23. A. He B. It C. Who D. What
( ) 24. A. cut B. washed C. covered D. colored
( ) 25. A. coffee B. trouble C. chocolate D. matter
( ) 26. A. first B. second C. very D. last
( ) 27. A. stood B. took C. cried D. looked
( ) 28. A. strange B. wrong C. OK D. funny
( ) 29. A. spelt B. corrected C. made D. found
( ) 30. A. finish B. leave C. jump D. shop
How would we travel without maps? It would be a bit adventurous (冒险的) to set off from Oxford University to go to London Bridge if there was not a map of the London Underground at each station. In fact, a lot of the early map—makers were explorers (探险家), especially in the 15th and 16th centuries.
So what did people do before there were maps? Well, it was quite easy to use natural signs like mountains and rivers if you were travelling on foot or riding a horse. People took small boats down rivers and followed coastlines (海岸线). And people world use time, not distance (距离), to —hour ride, for example.
In fact, in the early maps, people did not draw marks. They drew stars. It was very easy to the night sky and use it for navigation (航行). The sky was a lot clearer before the light pollution from cities appeared. When towns and cities were built, people drew maps road maps which gave distances and directions.
The London Underground was opened in 1863 and it also used a road map style. But a man called Henry Beck realized that travelling by train was not the same as driving your car across London. Passengers only needed to know which stations to change. His new design for the Underground map was not very popular with the train companies at first. But the passengers loved it and 700,000 copies were printed in 1933.
These days, of course, you can ride a bike, drive a car or go through a forest and know where you are exactly with a GPS. It’s really difficult to get lost!
( ) 31. When did road maps come out?
A. Around 15th and 16th centuries. B. When people began to travel by train.
C. When people began to travel by sea. D. When cities and towns were built.
( ) 32. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. GPS helped people to travel long time ago.
B. Ancient (古代的) people could travel on a horse without maps.
C. The sky was polluted by light before cities were built.
D. Henry Beck’s map was not popular with passengers.
( ) 33. What does the underlined word “
A. 描述 B. 计划 C. 测量 D. 准备
( ) 34. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Maps have a long history. B. We never get lost these days.
C. We can’t travel with maps. D. Henry Beck designed a new map.
Date of birth: July 26. 1985 Weight: 50 kg
Place of birth: Changsha, Hunan Favorite city: Paris
Height:164 cm Hobby: music
Type of blood: AB
Zhou Bichang was the winner of the Super Girls. She did
quite well in her studies and got a high score of 681 in her NCEE in 2003.
Zhou Bichang graduated from Futian High School in Shenzhen and is now a student at the X inghai Conservatory of Music(音乐学院) in Guangzhou.
Although her parents gave her a name with the meaning "write excellently" in the hope that she would become a writer. Zhou seems to be a born singer. She could sing theme songs of TV shows very well when she was only two years old. She has more than 4,500CDs.
Zhou has been well-known across the country during the contest. Fans gave her a nickname "BB" and themselves a title "Chalks". However, BB doesn't seem to enjoy the sudden success. Now she is back to school but feels a bit uneasy when fans see her. "What I really love is singing," said BB in an interview, "but not the life of a star," But that's exactly why "Chalks" love "BB".
( ) 35. Zhou Bichang is called ______ by her fans.
A. Chalks B.BB C. Write fluently D. Bichang
( ) 36. What do Zhou Bichang's parents want her to be in the future?
A. A writer. B. A pop singer C. A film star. D. We don't know.
( ) 37. What's the meaning of the underlined word "uneasy"?
A. nervous B. worried C. excited D. uncomfortable
( ) 38. What do you think Zhou Bichang can do well in from this passage?
A. Only her study. B. Only singing.
C. Both her study and singing. D. Her study, singing and writing
To Li Hai, the most important thing ___________________________________.
_______________, they can help ____________________________.
We can _________________________________________ in need.
His mother needs to _______________________. Otherwise, she may __________.
This boy ____________________________________, but he never loses his heart.
It’s necessary __________________________________________________.
7. 我的学习风格和大多数同学一样。 My ________ ______ is _______ of ..
Great changes _______ ______ _______ in our school since ten years ago.
We hope you won’t ________ ______ _______ this kind of work.
Let’s ______ ________ ________ clean the room.
11. 比赛之前接受训练是有必要的。(It’s +adj +to do sth.)
12. 志愿者们使这次比赛取得了巨大成功。(make … a great success)
13.这次表演给了孩子们一个展示技能的机会。(give sb a chance to do sth)
14. 奥林匹克运动会把不同背景的人们聚拢到一起。(bring … together )
15. 做志愿者是我生活中最令人惊叹的一段经历。 (Working as … )
Are you looking for something fun? Would you like to help other people in your s ___1___time? Then j___2___ us and be a volunteer! You can help people in many w ___3___. Schools need help with t ___4___care of children while the teachers are having a meeting. H__5____need volunteers to look after children while their parents see a doctor. Animal lovers can help take care of those h ____6__ dogs and cats. There is something for everyone.
“As a volunteer, I don’t want to get a ___7___ . Seeing the children’s happy faces, I am happy, too.” said Carlos Domingo, an old woman of 62. “I often p___8___computer games in my free time before. Now I help older people l ___9___how to use computers.” said a ___10___volunteer at the age of 18. If everyone is willing to help others, we’ll have a better world to live in.
1. ________ 2. _________ 3. ________ 4. _________ 5. ________
6. ________ 7. _________ 8. ________ 9. _________ 10.________
1—6：BCDBAC 7—12：ADBCBB 13—18：ABDBCB
31—34：DBCA 35---38 BAAC
1、 spare 2、join 3、ways 4、talking 5、hospitals 6、homeless 7、anything 8、played