1. 修饰名词，描述其性质、品质、特征等的词。一般“?的”的词都是形容词。 如：She is a beautiful girl. (漂亮的) 2. 在句中作定语、表语、宾语补足语。 如：I have an interesting book. (interesting有趣的，修饰book，在句中作定语) We are happy today. (happy快乐的，在句中作表语) Students should keep their classroom clean and tidy.(clean干净的，tidy整洁的，在句中都作宾语补足语) 3. 多个形容词同时修饰一个名词时的排列顺序 限定词+外观类+形状+年龄+颜色+国籍+材料+名词（简记：县官行令色国才） 如：a tall 17-year-old black American boy. 一个17岁的高个子黑皮肤美国男孩。 the big round red wooden table. 又大又圆的红色木质饭桌。
1. 通常修饰动词，表示动作的程度、方式等。还可修饰形容词、副词，有时修饰整个句 子，在句中作状语。一般“?地”的词都是副词。 如：You must listen to the teacher carefully.(仔细地，认真地) 2. 副词的分类 1) 时间副词: now, today等 2）频度副词：always, usually, often, sometimes, seldom, never 2) 地点副词：here, there, upstairs, downstairs等 3) 方式副词：carefully, fast, well, politely等 4) 程度副词: much, little, quite等 5) 疑问副词: how, when, where, why等
1. 一般在形容词后加ly, 如：quick-quickly
2. 以辅音字母+y结尾的形容词，变y为i, 加ly, 如：happy-happily
3. 以ue 结尾的形容词，去e加ly, 如：true-truly 注：有些词兼有形容词和副词的词性，如：fast, hard, high, late, far等，它们的词性只有通过具体语境来判断。另外，有些以ly结尾的词不是副词，而是形容词，如：friendly, lovely lonely, lively等。
①单音节或双音节的形容词（或副词）比较级＋er最高级＋est small－smaller－smallest等 ②以e结尾的词，比较级＋r，最高级＋st即可nice－nicer－nicest
difficult---more difficult---most difficult
good/well－better－best,bad－worse－worst many/much－more－most little－less－least far－further －furthest（表示程度） far－farther－farthest（表示远近） old－older－oldest（表新旧） old－elder－eldest（表兄弟姊妹之间的长幼）
1.、原级的用法：用于两者之间对比，意思为“??和??相同”相当于the same as? 肯定句：A+动词.+as+形容词/副词原级+as B Tom is as honest as Jack. Jack runs as fast as Peter. 否定句：A+动词.+not as/so.+形容词/副词原级+as B This tree is not as/so tall as that one.
2.、比较级前的修饰词：a little, a lot, much, even; far; still
①"the+形容词比较级+of the two+??"表示"...是两者中较?的"。
如，Look at the two boys. My brother is the taller of the two.
②"比较级+and+比较级"表示"越来越??"。He is getting taller and taller.
③"the+比较级，the+比较级"表示"越?,越?,"。The more careful you are，the fewer mistakes you'll make
④A+动词+形容词/副词比较级+than+ B Susan is happier than Jane. Lily run faster than Mary 注：形容词/副词比较级前还可以用much, even, still, a little，far, a lot, a bit来修饰。 ⑤数字（倍数）+形容词/副词比较级+than
如：I’m two years older than you. Our classroom is twice bigger than yours
①形容词/副词比较级+than+ any other+单数名词(+介词短语)=形容词/副词比较级+than+ the other+复数名词(+介词短语)"表示"比同一范围的任何一个人/物都??"，含义是"最??"。
例如，Mike gets to school earlier than any other student in his class.
= Mike gets to school earlier than any of the other students in his class. = Mike gets to school earlier than the other students in his class. = Mike gets to school earliest in his class.注意：Mike gets to school earlier than any student in Tom's class.
如，Tom is the tallest in his class./of all the students.
③"主语+be+ one of the+形容词最高级+复数名词+in/of短语"表示"?是??中最??之一"。
如，Beijing is one of the largest cities in China.
Hainan Island is the second largest island in China.
2. white________ 7. longer__________ 3. big__________ 8. thinner_________ 4. left_________ 9. far_____________ 5.fast_________ 10. light__________ II. 用所给词的正确形式填空。 1. Maria is ________(thin). Lucy is __________(thin) than Mary. 2. Mike is ____________________(heavy) boy in his class. 3. Tom is as_________ ( tall) as Jim. 4. I am much _________( well) than yesterday. 5. This skirt is ___________________( expensive) of the three. 6. The weather today is ___________(hot) than it was yesterday. 7). Lucy writes __________________(careful) than her brother. 8)Today is ___________(busy) day this week. 9)That is ___ (easy ) of all. 10). He is ____ (clever ) boy in the class. 11). John is _____ ( short ) than Tom. 12). This box is ____ ( heavy ) than that one. III、根据所给汉语完成句子 1. _____ ____exercise you take, _____ _____ (你锻炼越多就会越强壮) you will be. 2. Who jumped _______ (最远) of all in the long jump?
3. Lucy says she will write to you back ____ ____ ____ ______（尽可能快地）。 4. There are ____ ______ ______ (如此多的人) that we can't see each other. 5.-_____ _____ _____ (何时何地) shall we meet? -Let's meet outside the school gate tomorrow afternoon. IV、单项选择 ( )1. -Tom is the ____ one I want to work with. He is always complaining. - Be more patient. He is still a good boy. A. best B. last C. first D. only ( )2. We want to go to Japan to have a ____ study. A. farther B. farthest C. further D. furthest ( )3. The meeting hall is ____ to hold 5000 people. A. large enough B. enough large C. so large D. too large ( )4. When spring comes, the trees get ____. A. green and green B. green and greener C. greener and green D. greener and greener ( )5. My _____ brother is three years ____ than I . A. old; older B. elder ; older C. older; elder D. old; elder ( )6. He's ____ to hear the bad news. A. sorry B. bad C. happy D. well ( )7. The snow is over one meter ____ when it's winter here. A. long B. high C. thick D. this
( )8. This book is _____ worth seeing again. A. very B. quite C. well D. much ( )9. My sister sat ____ to me to listen to the story. A. close B. closely C. nearby D. with ( )10. The sports car is running ____, It seems to be flying. A. fast and fast B. more and fast C. more and faster D. faster and faster ( )11. You run ____ for us to catch up with you. A . too fast B. so fast C. too slowly D. so slowly ( )12. Don't look _____ the window? We're having a class. A. out of B out from C. down of D. out. ( )13. This year our school is ____ than it was last year. A. much more beautiful B. much beautiful C. the most beautiful D. beautiful ( )14. _____ the ground is, ____ air becomes. A. The high; the thin B. The highest; the thinnest C. The higher; the thiner D. The higher; the thinner ( )15. John is ____ of the two boys. A. tall B. tallest C. the tallest. D. the taller. ( )16. -Why does Peter like moon cakes with nuts instead of the ones with eggs? -Because he thinks the moon cakes with nuts are ____. A. cheap B. dear C. worse D. nicer ( )17. She is ____ than I
A. a head taller B. a taller head C. taller a head D. head taller ( )18. Paris is one of _____ cities in the world. A. more beautifully B. more beautiful C. the most beautifully D. the most beautiful ( )19. Shanghai is the first _____ city in China. A. big B. biggest C. the big D. the biggest ( )20. -Mr Zhou, of all the students in our group, who lives ___? -I think Li Lei does. A. far B. farther C. farthest D. the farther ( )21. Bob never does his homework _____ Mary, he makes lots of mistakes. A. so careful as B. as carefully as C. carefully as D. as careful as. ( )22. My sister is good at sports, She can jump ____ than me. A. highest B. very high C. too high D. much higher ( )23.The Yellow River is one of ___ in China. A. the longest rivers B. the longer river C. the longest river D. the long river ( )24.I don't feel ___ to go to work today. I'm ill. A. good enough B. well enough C. enough well D. enough good ( )25.Be quiet, class! I have ___ to tell you. A. important anything B. important something C. anything important D. something important V、同义句转换 1. Math is the most difficult of all the subjects.
Math is ____ difficult than _____ other subject. Math is _____ difficult than _____ other subjects. 2. Joe isn't as tall as Lucy.. Joe is _____ than Lucy. 3. Kate is 10 years old. Tom is 12 years old. Kate is ____ _____ _____ _____ Tom. Tom is ____ ______ _____ _____ Kate. 4.The bag is too expensive for me to buy. The bag is _____ _____ ______for me to buy.