第一节 单项选择（ 共15小题；每小题1分，满分15分）
21. — I was worried about math, but Mr. Brown gave me an A!
— ________ That’s a difficult course.
A. Have a good luck. B. Not really.
C. Congratulations! D. You do?
22. Smoking, which may be ________ fun for some people, is ________ cause of discomfort for the people around him.
A. /; a B. a; a C. a; / D. a; the
23. Our English teacher requested that the homework ________ tomorrow morning.
A. would be handed in B. be handed in
C. hand in D. must be handed in
24. The reason ________ he refused to attend the meeting was that they didn’t give him an invitation earlier.
A. how B. which C. why D. because
25. Mr. Li is absent today. What do you consider ________ to him?
A. happens B. is happened C. happening D. has happened
26. He has given me so much help that I really wanted to do something for him ________.
A. in return B. by turns C. in turn D. in case
27. Unless you change your ________ towards your studies, you won’t make any progress, I believe.
A. point B. idea C. sight D. attitude
28. Every time ________ they met, they would talk several hours together about the persons and things ________ they remembered in the middle school.
A. that; who and which B. when; which
C. which; / D. /; that
29. Yesterday we went to visit the farm ________ my father used to work for nearly ten years.
A. in which B. that C. where D. which
30. Mr. Black ________ Shanghai in a few days. Do you know when the earliest plane ________ on Sunday？
A. leaves; takes off B. is leaving; takes off
C. is leaving; is taking off D. leaves; is taking off
31. That hero who died in the war was so brave that he never ________ to the enemies until death.
A. gave up B. gave out C. gave in D. gave away
32. Only when you told me about it ________ what a silly thing I had done.
A. I realized B. did I realize C. I did realize D. did I realized
33. I ________ walking in the garden ________ watching TV in the room.
A. like; instead B. would rather; than
C. prefer; than D. prefer; to
34. — Why does she always ask you for help?
— There is no one else ________, is there?
A. who to turn B. she can turn to
C. for whom to turn D. for her to turn
35. His family don’t like the second-hand car, ________ is very high.
A. the price of which B. which price C. it’s price D. the price of that
A man was driving at 70 miles in a 40-mile zone（区域）, when a 36 came behind him. 37 the man started thinking of excuses to give.
As the policeman came to him, he said, “Hi, officer, I guess you 38 me a little bit over the speed limit. I was in a rush to get 39 , to be with my wife and kids. You know my younger son wasn’t feeling too 40 when I left home this morning. I’m afraid he’s ill.”
The policeman said, “Well, I guess so,” and started 41 something in his notebook. As minutes went by, he could see from the side view mirror, the policeman was 42 writing. When the man was wondering why he hadn’t asked for his driving 43 so far, the policeman came to his window, 44 him a piece of paper, and returned to his car without saying a single word. The man wondered: how much was this 45 going to be? However, the man was 46 it was not a ticket（罚单）at all and he began to 47 :
“I had a daughter who was 48 by a speeding car at the age of six by a speeding driver. He got a fine, a few months in 49 , and then was free, free to hug his two daughters. I only had one, and now I have to 50 until I get to heaven before I can hug her again. I have tried to 51 that man a thousand times, and I thought I had. Maybe I really did forgive（原谅） him. So pray（祈祷）for me, and be 52 when you drive again. My son is all I have been left with.”
The man was completely 53 and could not move for the next few minutes. When finally he did, he drove 54 , even a few miles 55 the speed limit, praying for forgiveness.
36. A. truck B. mail car C. police car D. taxi
37. A. Just now B. Just so C. Right now D. Right away
38. A. remembered B. caught C. mistook D.
39. A. to school B. home C. out D. to hospital
40. A. well B. happy C. free D. bad
41. A. writing B. looking for C. listing D. looking up
42. A. even B. really C. never D. still
43. A. route B. License（执照） C. Journal D. Insurance（保险）
44. A. handed B. sent C. rewarded D. pushed
45. A. paper B. note C. notice D. ticket
46. A. excited B. upset C. surprised D. angry
47. A. laugh B. smile C. read D. think
48. A. hit B. knocked C. trapped D. killed
49. A. fear B. trouble C. prison D. danger
50. A. stay B. wait C. remain D. escape
51. A. forgive B. attack C. educate D. support
52. A. honest B. thankful C. patient D. careful
53. A. disappointed B. nervous C. shocked D. frightened
54. A. quickly B. slowly C. fortunately D. rapidly
55. A. under B. over C. to D. with 第三部分 阅读理解（共20小题; 每小题2分，满分40分）
Jay Chou（周杰伦）is a well-known name both in Taiwan and mainland. He is now one of Asia’s hottest pop stars. His catchy tunes have main-streamed（主流）rap and R&B in the Mando-pop world. In the past his teacher thought he was dumb（木讷）. Talent spotters（观察者）thought he was ugly. But his success proves that the music still matters more than looks and image. His musical talent（才能）is recognized by fans, fellow-singers and producers. Now, a singing contest was held in Taiwan
Chou appeared at the contest with band “Nan Quan Mama”, which was discovered by Chou. Their first album the Summer of Nan Quan Mama, composed and produced by Chou was a great success.
Chou started his career at a singing contest, attracting the attention of record producers. But the successful singer does not believe in luck. He says it’s his passion for music and hard work that are keys to his success. He said, “I didn’t know how to sing at the beginning, so I lost the first time. But I was so determined that I never stopped trying. My advice to these young singers is never to give up, and always believe in yourself. ”
Chou’s confidence has strengthened his music. He is a great source of inspiration to youngsters who share his determination to become a superstar.
56. The best title for this passage can be ____________.
A. From an ugly dumb to a superstar
B. Jay Chou’s way to success
C. Jay Chou and his band
D. Jay Chou’s life
57. The underlined part “matters more” most probably means ____________.
A. better B. more different
C. more difficult D. more important
58. Which of the following is NOT true about Jay Chou?
A. Jay Chou is confident towards music.
B. He is a determined man.
C. He succeeded the first time he appeared on the stage.
D. Though not good-looking, he has a gift for music.
59. ____________ make Jay Chou a success according to the passage.
A. His luck and talent for music
B. His talent for music and look
C. His looks and luck
D. His passion for music and hard work
60. Jay Chou’s musical talent is recognized by the following except ____________.
A. his teachers B. fellow-singers
C. producers D. fans
Edmund Halley（哈雷）was an English scientist who lived over 200 years ago. He studied the observations of comets（彗星）which other scientists had made. The orbit（轨道）of one particular comet was a very difficult mathematical problem. He could
not work it out. Neither could other scientists who dealt with such problems.
However, Halley had a friend named Newton, who was a brilliant（有才华的） mathematician. Newton thought he had already worked out that problem, but he could not find the papers on which he had done it. He told Halley that the orbit of a comet had the shape of an ellipse（椭圆）.
Now Halley set to work. He worked out the orbits of some of the comets that had been observed by other scientists. He made a surprising discovery. The comets that had appeared in the years 1531, 1607, and 1682 all had the same orbit. Yet their appearances had been 75 to 76 years apart（相隔）.
This seemed very strange to Halley. The different comets followed the same orbit. The more Halley thought about it, the more he thought that there had not been three different comets, as people thought. He decided that they had simply seen the same comet three times. The comet had gone away and had come back again.
It was an amazing idea! Halley felt certain enough to make a prediction（预言）of what would happen in the future. He decided that this comet would appear in the year 1758. There were 53 years to go before Halley’s prediction could be tested.
In 1758 the comet appeared in the sky. Halley did not see it, for he had died some years before. Ever since then that comet has been called Halley’s comet, in his honor.
61. Edmund Halley worked out the orbit of ____________.
A. some different comets appearing several times
B. the same comet appearing at different times
C. three different comets appearing three times
D. several comets appearing at the same time
62. Halley made his discovery ____________.
A. by doing experiments
B. by means of his own careful observation
C. by studying the work of other scientists
D. by chance
63. Halley made a surprising, but correct prediction（预言）in the year ____________.
A. 1704 B. 1705 C. 1706 D. 1707
64. This passage in general is about ____________.
A. Halley and other scientists B. the orbit of a comet
C. Newton and Halley D. Halley and his discovery
65. According to the passage, which of the flowing is NOT true?
A. Newton worked out the orbit of the comet.
B. Halley worked out the orbit of the comet first.
C. Newton gave Halley some help.
D. Halley died before 1758.
Laptop computers are popular all over the world. People use them on trains and airplanes, in airports and hotels. These laptops connect people to their workplace. In the United States today, laptops also connect students to their classrooms.
Westlake College in Virginia will start a laptop computer program that allows students to do schoolwork anywhere they want. Within five years, each of the 1500 students at the college will receive a laptop. The laptops are part of a $10 million computer program at Westlake, a 110-year-old college. The students with laptops will also have access to（可利用）the Internet. In addition, they will be able to use e-mail to “speak” with their teachers, their classmates, and their families.
However, the most important part of the laptop program is that students will be able to use computers without going to computer labs. They can work with it at home, in a fast-food restaurant or under the trees-anywhere at all!
Because of the many changes in computer technology, laptop use in higher education, such as colleges and universities, is workable. As laptops become more powerful, they become more similar（相似）to desktop computers. In addition, the portable computers can connect students to not only the Internet, but also libraries and other resources. At Westlake College, more than 60 percent of the staff use computers. The laptops will allow all teachers to use computers in their lessons.
State higher-education officials are studying how laptops can help students. State officials are also testing laptop programs at other universities, too.
66. The main purpose of the laptop program is to give each student a laptop to ____________.
A. use for their schoolwork B. access the Internet
C. work at home D. connect them to libraries
67. Why is the word “speak” in the second paragraph in quotation marks（引号）?
A. They don’t really talk. B. They use the computer language.
C. Laptops have speakers. D. None of the above reasons is correct.
68. Which of the following is true about Westlake College?
A. All teachers use computers. B. 1500 students have laptops.
C. It is an old college in America. D. Students there can do everything.
69. “A window on the world” in the last paragraph means that students can ____________.
A. attend lectures on information technology
B. travel around the world
C. have free laptops
D. get information from around the world
70. What can we infer from the passage?
A. The program is successful. B. The program is not workable.
C. The program is too expensive. D. We don’t know the result yet.
Sydney—Mobile phone has become a problem for middle schools. Some middle schools in Australia have banned（禁止）students from carrying mobile phones during school hours.
Mobile phone use among children has become a problem for the school this year. Several children have got mobile phones as Christmas gifts, and more students want them.
Mary Bluett, an official, said mobile phone use is a distraction（分心）to students during school hours and it also gives teachers so much trouble in their classrooms. Teachers were also saying that sometimes students might use phone messages to cheat during exams.
She said some schools had tried to ban mobile phones. Some parents felt unhappy because they couldn’t get in touch with their children.
Many teachers said students should not have mobile phones at school, but if there was a good reason, they could leave their phones at school offices. They also said there were many reasons why the students should not have mobile phones at school: they were easy to lose and were a distraction from studies.
Many people say that they understand why parents would want their children to
have phones, but they think schools should let the students know when they can use
their mobile phones.
71. Some middle schools in Australia have banned students from carrying mobile phones
A. because they are students B. when they are at school
C. because they are young D. when they are free
72. We know from the passage that some children get mobile phones from ____________.
A. the makers and sellers B. some other strangers
C. their parents and friends D. some mobile phone users
73. Some parents felt unhappy because they couldn’t during school hours.
A. get in touch with their children B. leave their mobile phones
C. help the teachers with their work D. use their mobile phones
74. The underlined word “they” in the fifth paragraph refers to ____________.
A. many teachers B. some messages
C. mobile phones D. some students
75. The topic mainly talked about in the text is ____________.
A. why the students should not use mobile phones in some Australian schools
B. when the students of some Australian schools can use their mobile phones
C. whether the Australian students can have mobile phones at school
D. how some parents feel when their children should not carry mobile phones
的正确形式。（每空只写一词） 1. As parents, you should （教育）your children to be polite to others.
3. 2. She ______（遭受）from loneliness when studying abroad. 3. Many top leaders are （担心，关心）about the shortage of water. 4. It takes at least a week to （恢复，痊愈）from the HINI flu. 4.
5. My grandpa is ______（喜欢）of fishing and sometimes he fishes all day in the
6 6. 5. 6. The flood did a lot of （损害）to the crops.
7. He （承认）making that terrible mistake. 7. 8. 10. 11. 12.
8. I am （决心）to do better than Mike and I am sure I will. 10. Few birds managed to （幸存，活过）the cold winter. 11. They s every room for the missing paper.
12. J from what he said, he must be an honest man.
that he stole the papers.
9. He asked his wife’s （观点，意见）on every important decision. 9.
13. After g from university, he worked as a newspaper reporter. 14. There is no d
15. Kate didn’t want to attend the party, but she was p to come at last.
3．参考词句：住校board（v.）；方便做?? It’s convenient to?；分歧
disagreement Dear Sir,
I’m a student of Senior 1. I am writing to ask you for some advice.
1~5 CBAAC 6~10 CBCAB 11~15 BACCA 16~20 BAABC
21~25 CABCD 26~30 ADDCB 31~35 CBDBA
36~40 CDBBA 41~45 ADBAD 46~50 CCDCB 51~55 ADCBA
第三部分 阅读理解（共20小题; 每小题2分，满分40分）
56~60 B DCDA 61~65.BCBDB 66~70 AACDD 71~75BCACA
1.educate 2. suffered 3. concerned 4. recover 5. fond
6. damage 7. admitted
One possible version:
Dear Sir, 8. determined 9. opinion 10. survive 12. Judging 13. graduating / graduation 14. doubt
I’m a student of Senior 1. I am writing to ask you for some advice.
Since last week, my parents and teachers have kept asking me to board in the school. They say it will be very convenient for me to ask questions whenever and wherever. Besides, they think boarding will make it possible to make full use of my night time, and that I also develop the ability to look after myself.
However, I have my own thoughts. If staying at home in the evening, I will have more time to work at my lessons. At the same time, I can learn what I think I’m not good at. I really don’t know how to deal with the disagreement between us. Can you give me your advice?
Yours, Li Ming