1. How did you spend your last winter holiday?
2. Where have you been to this winter holiday?
3. What did you do in last summer holiday?
4. Would you prefer a holiday in a seaside resort or a holiday in the countryside?
5. Would you prefer to stay in one place, or would you rather go to different
6. Would you prefer to spend your time sunbathing on a beach or would you
rather go for long walks?
7. Would you like to stay in a hotel or rent an apartment? Why?
8. Would you prefer to eat in a restaurant or have a picnic in the open air?
9. What do you usually do during your holiday?
10. What do you usually do on holidays?
11. Who do you like to spend your holidays with?
12. Where do you usually spend your holidays?
13. What is the most important thing during your holidays?
14. How do you feel about your holidays?
15. Do holidays help you very much?
16. Are you satisfied with your holidays?
17. Why do you choose to do these things?
18. What’s your favorite holiday?
1 / 16
19. Do you like summer holiday or winter holiday?
20. Where are you going to go next winter vacation?
21. Who will you go with?
22. Where did go before?
23. What was the weather like there?
24. How many days did you stay there?
25. What are the differences between the place you went to and Beijing?
26. Which one do you prefer?
27. How did you go there?
28. What did the place look like?
29. What did you have there?
30. Can you tell me a local food you can remember?
31. Did you feel tired?
32. Were the people very friendly there?
33. What did you buy there?
34. Did you bring back some souvenirs for your friends?
35. Did you meet someone or something unforgettable?
36. Did you enjoy your last holiday?
37. Do you want to go there again?
38. Was that a pleasant holiday?
39. What‘s your plan for next holiday?
40. Do you want to do something different this summer holiday? 2 / 16
41. What’s the most interesting holiday for you?
42. Did you go on trip last holiday?
43. How did you feel when you traveled by plane/train/ship for the first time?
How did you feel when you saw the sea/seashells/ beach/ mountain/ lake for
the first time?
How did you feel when you spoke in English to a foreigner for the first time ?
44. Do you like / enjoy shopping? Why?
45. When do you usually go shopping?
46. Who do you like going shopping with?
47. How often do you go shopping?
48. Where do people like go shopping?
49. Where do people prefer to go shopping?
50. What kind of places people like to go shopping?
51. Where do you like going shopping?
52. What do you usually shop for?
53. What do you often buy?
54. Who prefer shopping, boy or girl? Why do girls like shopping?
55. Can talk about your last shopping experience?
56. When did you go shopping last time?
57. What kind of goods did you buy? Where do you usually go shopping?
3 / 16
58. Where can you do your shopping near your home/apartment?
59. What’s the difference between a Department Store and a Supermarket?
60. What are the differences between shopping centers and supermarkets?
61. Who do you go shopping with?
62. How often do you go shopping?
63. What kind of goods do you often buy?
64. Where do you often go shopping?
65. Do you like going shopping?
66. How often do you go shopping in a week?
67. Did you do shopping online?
68. What do you think of shopping online?
69. Do you think it’s easy to get cheated when people buy things online?
70. What are the disadvantages of shopping online?
71. What are the advantages of shopping online?
72. How do you like the price of the goods online?
73. Do you usually go shopping with your mother or father?
74. Do you prefer to buy something online or at department store?
75. Do you compare prices at different stores when you shop?
76. How do you like the service there?
77. Where do you prefer to shop?
78. Who do you prefer to go shopping with，your parents ,your friends or alone?
79. Where is your favorite shopping place? Which do you prefer, large stores or 4 / 16
80. When you go shopping which do you like to buy better, food or clothes?
81. Do you like bargaining when you are shopping?
82. Do you often buy things on discount?
83. When can you buy things on discount?
84. How do you feel about window shopping?
85. Who does most of shopping in your home, your father or your mother?
86. What about the price of the shop you usually go?
87. What do you consider when you do some shopping?
88. Is there anything people dislike about supermarkets?
89. How can small businesses survive intense competition?
90. Can advertising influence people’s shopping habits?
91. Where can you buy some food /books/stationeries/clothes/toys?
92. Which bookstore do you often go?
93. Which book did you buy last time?
94. How much was it?
95. How did you go to bookstore?
96. How much time did you spend on choosing the book?
97. Do you like shopping in the supermarket？
98. Did you go to open-air market before? Do your grandparents like to go
99. Is there a second-hand market near your home?
5 / 16
104. Did you ever buy second-hand things? What’s your idea of a perfect/ good shop? Do you have a regular time to go shopping? Which does your father/mother like, paying by cash or credit card? What kind of goods are you willing to buy with your pocket money?
6 / 16
What did you have for breakfast this morning? Did you have a big breakfast? What do you usually have for breakfast/lunch/supper? In you view, which meal is the most important one of the day? Where do you usually have lunch? How do you like your school dining hall? How many students have lunch at your school in the dining hall? Where does your school order the food for you? How much is the lunch in your school? Do you think the food in your school is delicious? Do you think the price of the food in your school is fair? Do you have any suggestions for it? Do you always have repeated dishes for lunch at school? Do you feel if someone is so picky on food? Do you think it’s good or bad? What‘s your favorite food? What’s your favorite dish?
121. 122. 123. 124. 125. 126. 127. 128. 129. 130. 131. 132. 133. 134. 135. 136. 137. 138. 139. 140. 141. 142. 7 / 16 Where did you have it? Who cooks it for you? And how often? What kind of food you dislike? What taste do you like best, sweet, spicy, or bland? Can you cook? Who taught you? Are you a vegetarian? Do you love meat? Which do you like best, chicken, lamb, beef, pork, or fish? Do you like seafood? Do you like sea fish or fresh water fish? Vegetable, or meat, which one do you think people should have more? Why people are getting fatter and fatter in Beijing? Do you know any Chinese food, can you name some for me? Do you know any Western food, can you name some for me? Chinese food or western food, which one do you prefer? Where can you have western food? How often do you have it? What’s your favorite western food? What are disadvantages and advantages of western fast food? How many ways of cooking do you know? The western fast food restaurants like KFC and McDonald’s is so popular in
China, do you think so? 143.
8 / 16
Do your classmates like the food in KFC? What is the funk food? What are the differences between Chinese food and Western food? What did you have lunch yesterday? What are you going to have for supper this evening? How often does your mother make dumplings for you? When will you have meals with your friends next time? What do western people usually have for breakfast? What kind of do you think is healthy or unhealthy? How often do you go out for dinner? Where do you usually go? How does your mother like this restaurant? What’s your father’s favorite dish there? Which dish do you often order? How is the service there? If I go there, do you have some recommendations? How did you do there last time? What did you order? How was the dish you ordered? Which fruit do you often have? What’s your least favorite fruit?
181. When do you usually have snacks? Do you have snacks between meals? Are you allowed to bring snacks to school? Will you share your snacks with your classmates? Do you think it’s bad for children if they have snacks before dinner? Do you think it’s bad for children if they too many snacks every day? Did you buy snacks from the food stand at the gate of your school? Who cooks most in your home? Do you enjoy having a picnic? Where did you go for a picnic last time? What did you bring for picnic? Do you like to have soup when you eat? Do you drink coffee sometimes? What’s your favorite drink? Do you have the same food every morning? Do you want to try something different tomorrow morning? Do your parents have time to cook supper for you? Will they ask for your advice when they cook? Like what kind of dish do
you want to have for dinner?
9 / 16
Do you usually watch TV when you eat supper? Why most of children are fond of chocolate? What do you often have after dinner?
Is there any connection between food and disease? Do you want to be a cook? Who cooks best in your family? Who cooks less in your family? Who cooks most in your family? What type of food do your grandparents like?
Job and School Life
191. What’s your father/mother?
What does your father/mother do?
What’s your father’ job/mother’s job?
What does your father/your mother do for a living? Where does your father/ your mother work?
192. What do you want to be in the future? What do you want to do in the future? What’s your ideal job?
What’s your dream?
What do you dream to be when you grow up? 10 / 16
Do you want to be … when you grow up? What do you want to become in the future? 193.
195. What are you going to do to make your dream come true? Where do you study? How is your school life?
Do you love your school life?
Do you enjoy your school life?
201. Is your school life interesting or boring? What can you do inside/outside class? Do you have any interest groups/hobby groups after school? What do you usually do after school? What subjects do you have in your school? What is your favorite subject?
Which subject do you like best?
Which subject do you prefer?
Which subject are you good at?
Which subject can you do well in?
Which subject do you think is easy?
Which is the easiest subject for you?
Which subject do you like better, English or Chinese? 202. What’s your least favorite subject?
Which subjects don’t you like?
11 / 16
Which subject do you think is difficult?
Which is the most difficult subject for you?
221. Which grade are you in now? Who is your favorite teacher? How is your English teacher? What about your Chinese teacher? What subjects are going to have next term? What subjects did you have at school last year? What subjects are you having now? What’s your learning plan next year? What interesting things are you going to do next year? What’s your New Year resolution? How many subjects do you have at school? How do you go to school every day? How long / how many minutes dose one class last in your school? Which is the first book you read? Who is the busiest in your family? What time does your father/mother go to work in the morning? What time does your father/mother come back from work every day？ Are they busy at weekends? Does your father/your mother have time to take care of your study? And
12 / 16
226. Do your parents have time to take you out after work? At what age do people usually begin to work in your country? At what age do people usually retire in your country? Do women usually work after they get married in your country? Do you parents ever work overtime? If so, do they get paid more for
227. Do you think it is more important to make a lot of money or to enjoy the
231. Do you think women and men should be paid the same for the same job? How do your parents like their work? How many days a week do your mother/father work? If you have to choose between a satisfying job and a well-paid one, which
will you choose?
13 / 16
Hobbies and Sports Do you know what a hobby is? What’s your hobby? Have you got a hobby? When did you take up your hobby? When did start/begin this hobby? How much time do you spend on your hobby each week? Is you hobby expensive?
239. 240. 241. 242. 243. 244. 245. 246. 247. 248. 249. 250. 251. 252. 253. 254. 255. 256. 257. 258. 259. 260. 14 / 16 Does your hobby cost a lot? How much money do you spend on your hobby every month/every year? Do you have to spend a lot of money on your hobby? How do you feel about your hobby? How did you learn to do it? Who did you learn from? How did you become interested in this hobby? Do you think hobbies are beneficial to social life? Do you think one’s hobbies can reveal one’s personality? Do you like reading? Do you like English? What do you think of the importance of English? What’s your father’s hobby? What’s your mother’s hobby? What are the good hobbies? What are the bad hobbies? Do you like sports? How long do you spend on sports every day? How often do you do sports? What’s your favorite sport? What kind of sports are you good at? Are you good at swimming/play football…? How well do you play basketball/volleyball…?
273. Where do you usually do sports? Who do you usually do sports with? Which one do you like better? Playing basketball or playing football? What kind of sports do you like best? Tell me something more about it? When did you learn it？ Who taught you? Where did you learn it? When did you first play it? How did you become interested in this sport? What do you like about it? How do people like doing sports in Beijing? What can they get from doing exercise? How do you think of the physical class in you school? Does it help in some
way or not?
15 / 16
Some people say doing sports is a waste of time, do you think so? What’s your plan for exercise next time? When did you do sports last time? Do you want to try something new next time? Do you like playing computer games? What do you usually do in your free time? What do you like doing in your spare time? Do you like watching sport programs on TV？
297. What activities do you have at weekends? What did you do last weekend? What are you going to do next weekend? Where do you usually stay for weekends? How to you get relaxed at weekends? Do you think weekends are important for people? Do you think two-days off is necessary? Generally speaking, how much homework do you have for weekends? What are you going to do after this exam? How many seasons are there in year? What’s your favorite season? What can we do in different seasons? Can you name some spring activities for me? What autumn activities do you prefer? What do you enjoy doing in winter? Do you like swimming in summer? Weekend and Seasonal Activities
Cheer up! You are the best! 16 / 16