1. There is a big pear tree __________ (在……的前面) my house.
2. Who was _________ (在……的后面) you when you were waiting in a line?
3. What’s _______(在……的下面)the desk?
4. The children are playing hide-and-seek. Maomao is hiding himself __________ (在……里)the wardrobe.
5. The tallest boy in my class sits ________ (在……的隔壁) me.
6. They are standing _______ the door. (在……外面)
1. You can’t see the ball. It’s ______ the door.
2. Shall we meet ________ the gate of the cinema?
3. Is he playing _______ the street or ______ the road?
4. Are they ________ a factory or _______ a farm?
5. I sit ________ the twins. The elder sister is _______ my left and the younger one is
_______ my right.
6. The big tree ______ our classroom is nearly 100 years old.
7. The teacher is writing on the blackboard ______ the classroom.
8. ---- Where is the light? ---- It’s just _______ the table.
9. ---- Where are the lamps? ---- They are _____ the desks.
10. A plane is flying ________ the clouds.
( ) 1. The birds fly ______ the woods.
A. above B. on C. under D. inside
( ) 2. ---- Can you see the hole _____ the wall? (河南)
A. on B. in C. among D. between
( ) 3. There is a map ______ the wall. (北京)
A. on B. from C. in D. at
( ) 4. ---- Where is Lily? ---- We are all here ______ her. (辽宁)
A. beside B. about C. except D. with
( ) 5. Miss Gao is standing _____ all her students.
A. between B. middle C. centre D. among
( ) 6. ---- Guess, how much does it cost? （广东）
---- I think it costs ______ 15 and 20 dollars.
A. from B. between C. among D. with
( ) 7. Some shops open _______ 10 a.m. and 3:30 p. m. during the Spring Festival
A. at B. between C. from D. about
用a, an, some, any 填空
1. That is _____big house.
2. There is______apple on the basket.
3. There are_______computers in the room.
4. Is there _______English book in the desk?
5. Are there _______chairs in the classroom?
6. Is this ______bedroom?
7. Is there ______telephone on the wall?
8. Are there _______pictures on the wall?
9. There isn’t _____milk in the glass.
10. There aren’t ________flowers in the garden.
A. Some or Any?
1. - "Would you like _____ more coffee ?" (some/any)
- "Yes, please."
2. I wonder if _____ will show up at the meeting ? (someone/anyone)
3. Doesn't _____ know the answer to this question ? (someone/anyone)
4. On TV _____ said that smoking does not cause lung cancer. (someone/anyone)
5. (annoyed and emphatic) How can _____ tell such a pack of lies ? (someone/anyone)
6. It must be difficult to live without _____ money. (some/any)
7. Have you seen my shoes ? I can't find them _____. (somewhere/anywhere)
8. - "Can you believe we've run out of milk !"
- "Would you like me to get _____ at the nearest shop ?" (some/any)
9. _____ say the internet is just a hype and that it will blow over. (Some/Any)
10. _____ day peace will come to Northern Ireland. (Some/Any)
11. Our shipment is due to arrive _____ day now. (some/any)
12. I haven't seen you for _____ time now. (some/any)
13. If in _____ event a fire would break out, the first thing you should do is evacuate the building. (some/any)
14. Is there _____ real evidence that my client has actually committed the crime ? (some/any)
15. Is there _____ I can do for you, madam ? (something/anything)
Ⅰ. Choose the best answer
( ) 1. This is a very old song, so ______ young people know it.
A: few B: little c: a few D: a little
( ) 2. The two fishermen saw ______ in the sky while they were fishing by a river.
A: something strange B: anything strange C: strange something D: strange anything
( ) 3. There aren’t many oranges here, but you can take ______ if you want to.
A: few B: a few C: a little D: little
( ) 4. There are twenty teachers in this grade. Eight of them are women teachers and ______ are men teachers.
A: the other B: the others C: others D: other
( ) 5. My sports shoes are too small. I want to buy ______ pair.
A: the others B: the other C: other D: another
( ) 6. I didn’t like the cross talk. ______ of the actors was funny.
A: Both B: All C: Neither D: Either
( ) 7. ______ of us has read the story.
A: Some B: Both C: All D: None
( ) 8. Students are usually interested in sports. Some like running, some like swimming, ______ like ball games.
A: the others B: others C: the other D: other
( ) 9. There are many high-rises on ______ side of Huaihai Road. What a magnificent view!
A: either B: neither C: both D: all
( ) 10. Shanghai Waihuan tunnel is already open to traffic, so it will take us ______ time to go to Pudong International Airport. A: a few B: fewer C: a little D: less
( ) 11. Not long ago, our country set up a rocket with two small satellites into space. One weighed 204 kilos and ______ 25
A: another B: other C: others D: the other\
( ) 12. In order to keep healthy, you should eat ______ fast food, ______ fresh vegetables and take enough exercise. A: fewer; fewer B: less; more C: fewer; more D: less; less
( ) 13. Liu Xiang and Yao Ming are world-famous sports stars. ______ of them have set a good example to us.
A: All B: Neither C: Both D: None
( ) 14. Mr. Smith is quite busy today. He has ______ meetings to attend.
A: little B: a little C: few D: a few
( ). 15. Obey the traffic rules and learn to protect yourself. ______ is more important than life.
A: Nothing B: Something C: Everything D: Anything
( ) 16. Can we do our work better with ______ money and ______ people?
A: less, few B: less, fewer C: little;, less D: few, less
( ) 17. He has two flats in London. However, ______ is new.
A: both B: neither C: all D: none
( ) 18. There is ______ with your watch. It gets slower every day.
A: nothing wrong B: something wrong C: wrong something D: wrong nothing
( ) 19. It seems that he has got ______ to show us. Let’s go and enjoy it.
A: something interesting B: interesting something
C: nothing something D: interesting nothing
( ) 20. ______ of your answer is right. Please try a third time.
A: Neither B: None C: Either D: Both
( ) 21. ______ Kathy ______ Alice ______ at home last Sunday.
A: Neither, nor, were B: Both, and, was
C: Either, or, was D: Not only, but also, were
( ) 22. ______ of the winners has been awarded a prize.
A: Every B: everyone C: Each D: Both
( ) 23. There is ______ ink in my pen. Would you give me ______?
A: little, a little B: a little, little C: few, a few C: a few, few
( ) 24. The days in winter are shorter than ______ in summer.
A: those B: that C: these D: them
( ) 25. They don’t go to Europe for holiday, _______.
A: neither will we B: neither do we C: so will we D: so we will
( ) 26. It must be your first time to meet each other. Let me do the introduction.
______ is Mr. Smith.
A: He B: There C: This D: That
( ) 27. I’m hungry. I want ______ to eat. ______ can do.
A: something, Something B: anything, Anything
C: something, Anything D: anything, Something
( ) 28. ______ of us likes this song in our class.
A: None B: No one C: All D: Both
( ) 29. I have a sister and two brothers. ______ of them are now in Japan.
A: Both B: Everyone C: Either D: All
( )30. Is there any water in the bottle? No, ______.
A: none B: nothing C: not many D: quite a few
( ) 31. Her work is better than ______ in our class.
A: anyone B: anyone’s C: anyone’s else D: anyone else’s
( ) 32. Which do you prefer, the red one or the green one?
A: None B: Any C: Either D: Every
( ) 33. ______ is interested in such a silly play.
A: No one B: None of us C: All of us D: We all
Ⅱ. Rewrite the sentences as required
1. Both Tom and Tim are good at sports. （ 改为否定句 ）
2. This problem is so difficult that nobody can work it out. （ 保持原意 ）
3. All of them are teachers. （ 改为否定句 ）
4. This answer is wrong. That answer is also wrong. （ 保持句意 ）
1. Don’t worry. There is ____ wrong with you.
2. If you don’t tell ____ about it, ___ will know.
3.—Can you hear ____?
—Yes, but I can’t see ___.
4. Please get ___ ready at once. We’ll go at nine o’clock.
5. Would you like ___ to eat?
6. Is there ____ here? I want some help.
7. Listen! ____ is coming.
8.___ was interested in the game.
1. –Wow! You’ve got so many clothes.
--But _____ of them are in fashion now.
A. all B. both C. neither D. none
2. Charles was alone at home, with_____ looking after him.
A. someone B. anyone C. not one D. no one
3. Jane was asked a lot of questions, but she didn’t answer ________ of them.
A other B any C none D some
4. The CDs are on sale! Buy one and you get_____ completely free.
A. other B. others C. one D. ones
5. Over the past 20 years, the Internet helped change our world in _____way or another for the better.
A. any B. one C. every D. either
6. I agree with most of what you said, but I don’t agree with ______.
A. everything B: anything C. something D. nothing
7. ----The exam was difficult, wasn’t it?
---No, but I don’t think ______ could pass it.
A. somebody B. anybody C. nobody D everybody
8．There is _____________ with your car.
A. nothing seriously wrong B. seriously wrong nothing
C. nothing wrong seriously D. wrong seriously nothing
9．He asked me if there was _____________ to read.
A. easy enough something B. enough easy something
C. something easy enough D. something enough easy
10. —Is ________ here? —No, Bob and Tim have asked for leave.
A. anybody B. somebody C. everybody D. nobody
11. —One week’s time has been wasted.
—I can’t believe we did all that work for ________.
A. something B. nothing C. everything D. anything