1.Please remember ____(turn) off the tap after you use it.
2.You must stop____(play) with matches. It’s dangerous.
3.How do we use water? We use water ___ (wash) clothes.
4. It’s time____(have) an English class now.
5. Don’t___ (push) your classmates when you hear the fire bell.
6. He didn’t sleep last night. What _____ ?(happen)
7. I have___(buy) some school things in the new shop.
8. The boy didn’t like the cake. He____ (throw) it into the bin.
9.Yesterday the firemen ____the fire for ten hours.(fight)
10. I often ____(drink) a lot of milk when I___(be) a baby.
11. A baby ____(learn)to talk when he ___(be)about one year old.
12.Do you know who ____(make)the first plane many years ago?
13. There was a fire in Garden City yesterday. The firemen____(safe) the people in the fire.
14._____ is more important than anything else. Luckily,
they are ____now.(safe)
15.Look at the photograph, the green parts are___(land).
16. There are plenty of____(break)bottles on East Point Beach.
17. On a ___(star) night, the stars twinkle like thousands of bright eyes.
18. He puts the book on the desk____(gentle).
19. My mother told me a ____(fun) story yesterday.
20. The weather is ____(change) all the time.
21. Many people like to watch weight____(lift) game.
22. We thank Mr.Green for ___us with our Maths.(help)
23. The forests keep the wild animals ____.(live)
24. We must keep ____(quietly) in the library.
25. What do you ____ (usual) do on Sunday?
26. Meat taste____(nice) than salad.
27. Lily likes English ____(good)than Math.
28. Look at the ____ . It says if we send the answers back to the newspaper by ____, we may get two tickets of the film. (film)
29. Traffic____ can give____.Lamp posts are not ____,
they are heavy.(light)
30.Jim is standing near a tiger. The tiger is ____and Jim is in ____.(danger)
31.A____ usually____ with ____.(cook)
32.The sun can give us ____(hot)and light.
33.How___(hardly) I blow.
34.I think Summer Palace is ____(beautiful)than all the other parks.
35.She____(sleep) a lot when she was a baby.
36. The picture looks____(beautifully).
37.I will cook it some ____(much).
38.Do you want some _____(berry)?
39.When he was 15,he was in a ____(second)school.
40. The baby ate and___a lot when he was six months old.(sleep)
41.Next month I ____ to Beijing to see you.(go)
42.Many people were___ and farmers hundreds of years ago. There were a lot of____boats in the hoabour.(fish)
43.Alice began ____ English when she was five years old.( learn)
1. About five ____people live in the city.
A. millions B.million C.millions of
2. What was your ____when you were three years old?
A.weight B.weigh C.tall
3. Everybody is changing ______.
A .often B. all the time C. usually
4. Huaihai Road is a busy street. There is often _____ traffic.
A.no B. a lot C. a lot of
5. Thank you _____ your letter.
A. for B. to C.of
6.____ were you when you were one year old?
A. How much B. How tall C. What
7.There ____ traffic in Shanghai.
A.are many B. is much C. is many
8.Don’t ____ the classroom.
A. run out B. to run out C.run out of
9.The pain made him _____ out.
A. to cry B. cry C.crying
10. Teachers try to make the classes_____.
A. quickly B.interesting C. quietly
11.____ Next month ,______3 November ,I ____come to Japan to see you .
A. In, in, will B./, on,will C./,in.will
12. We will see you ____ the airport tomorrow.
A. at B. on C.in
13. The boy throw the meat ____the fire and the father takes the meat_____ the fire.
A.into, to B. on, from C.into, from D. on, to
14.--- Thanks, Ben.
--- ______________ .
A. OK B. All right C. You are welcome .
D. That’s right.
15. The picture looks_______. I love it.
A. well B.nice C.beautifully D. ugly
16. The aeroplane____ and flew.
A.roll forward B. rolled forward C.rolling forward
17. __________? I have a toothache.
A. What’s the wrong? B. What’s the matter?
C. How are you?
18. Alice cooks ____electricity.
A.with B. in C.use D. by
19. We must ____careful and we must not ____a fire.
A.are,start B.be, begin C.be ,start
20. Only four people saw this first ______.
A. fly B. flew C. flight
21. The robot ____ hard.
A. sees B. listens C. touches D. feels
22.________ are enough to cook the meat.
A. Woods B. Wood C. A piece of
D. Two pieces of wood
23. I have got three ______ about the match.
A.news B. newses C.piece of news D.pieces of news
24.Please_____ me something about fire,OK?
A. talk B.tell C.say D.speak
25.Did you see_________________?
A.who did take the book B.who take the book
C.who takes the book D.where did he go
26.It comes from _____from____.
27. I like the flower ____North Point ____ Green Island.
A.on…in B.in…on C.in…in D.on…on
28.The chicken wing tastes______.
A.well B.wonderfully C.nice D. the nice
29.A balloon ____the people _____.
A.lift…up B .lifts… on C.lifts…in D.lifts…up
A. hardly B.heavily C.quickly D.slowly
31. We need air to ____.
A.breath B.breathing C.breathe
32.___ there any air ___ in Garden City.
33.______years ago,there____ no aeroplanes.
A. Hundred;were B. A hundred;were
C.A hundred of;was D. A hundred;was
34.When I came into the classroom, Iwatched my students____ like trees.
A. sitting B.sit C.sat D.sitted
35.When did Orville Wright climb into the aeroplane?
A.On 12 December,1903 B. In 17 December,1903
C.On 17 December,1903 D.At 17 December,1903
36.It’s time____ go back___ home now.
A. to for B.for to C.to / D.for for
37.Class 6B went ____ a swim in summer.
A. for B. at C. on D. to
38.At home, we use water to _____.
A. clean the flat B. put out fires
C. grow food D.grow vegetables
39.The teacher used some cards ____ us learn the new words.
A. help B.to help C.helped D.helping
40. It didn’t fly very____, it didn’t fly too ____.
A. far, highly B.far, high C.far, fastly
41. I saw ______ juice.
A. hundreds of litre of B. hundreds litre
C. two hundreds D.hundreds of litres of
42. A special factory makes the box _____.
A. break B.broken C.beautifully D.wash
43.They watched the plane _____ in the sky.
A. fly B. to fly C.flying D.flew
44. What do people kill animals ____?
A. to B.for C.from D.by
45.People must _____ the Earth.
A. stop to pollute B.stopping pollute C.stop polluting
46.Which is _____ from us , the Sun or the Moon?
A. far B.farmer C. the farthest D.farthest
（ ） ( ( ( ( 二 根据首字母写单词：
1. My grandparents are d_____. We are very sad.
2. My sister’s son is my n________. My brother’s daughter is my n_____.
3. Alice works very hard at school. She is a h_____ pupil.
4. Danny will come to my home this evening. It means: Danny will come to my home t_____ .
5. Let me help you s_____ the sum.
6. Miss Fang always keeps her p_____. She always does what she says.
7. Kitty is my good friend . She is always f_____ to other people and she likes to help other people . She is h_____ .
8. The e_______ is all the things around us. It is the people , the animals and the plants. It is the air, the water, the land and the sea.
9. Let’s go to the B____ Gardebs to see sine beautiful flowers and trees.
10.How much does it c____? Fifteen yuan.
( )1. Danny ____ the first to come and last to leave.
A. always is B. is always C. always be D. be always
( ) 2. What ____ you never ____ with your parents?
A. are…do B. do…do C. will…do D. /…do
( ) 3. His grandfather has been____ for three years.
A. die B.dying C. death D.dead
( ) 4. What ____ does she want to say?
A. also B. else C. still D. yet
( ) 5. Your mother ____ younger than your aunt.
A. look B. looks C. is looking D.looked
( ) 6. Ben and Eddie are good friends. They like ____ together.
A. to be B.play C.are D. be
( ) 7.Have you been to Beijing ____?
A. already B. too C. always D. yet
( ) 8. What about _____ swimming every Sundy evening?
A. go B. to go C. going D.goes
( ) 9. I promise ____ to the teacher carefully.
A. listen B. to listen C. listening D. listened
( ) 10.My father has a lot of friends because he is always kind ____ others.
A. to B. at C. with D.at
( )11. M y grandma _____angry with me .
A. never B. usually C. usually is D. is never
( )12.My mother is ill. I should stay at home and ______ her .
A. look for B. look at C. look up D. look after
( )13.My teacher oftenhelps me _____ my English.
A. to B. with C. on D.at
( )14. The USA is _____ China.
A. away B.far away C. far D. far away from
( )15.Look at the map_____ Shenyang.
A. in B. on C.of D. with
( )16.It is going ____ a cloudy day.
A. to B.to be C.be D. is
( )17.How are we going to get ____ home?
A. / B. at C. to D. in
( )18.I don’t have____ to buy this new car.
A.enough money B. money enough C. enough moneys D. moneys enough
( )19. I don’t like this dress, because it is not _______.
A. enough big B. big enough C. bigs enough D. enough bigs
( )20.Kitty is a ______ woman.
A.thirty-years-old B.thirty years old C. thirty-year-old D. thirty-year old
( )21.John is very nice. She____ help others.
A. would like B. would like to C. like to D. would likes to
( )22.I’ll see you when I finish ____ my house work.
A. to do B. doing C.do D.does
( )23. I left for Beijing _____ a cold night.
A. at B.on C.in D.for
( )24. Because I was ill yeaterday,_____ I stayed at home.
A. so B. / C. for D.but
( )25.My uncle is a good_____.
A.cook B. cooker C.cooking D.cooks
1. Please show _____(we) your homework.
2.Daisy_____(teach) us English last year.
3. The____(beach) are very clean now.
4. We would like_____(swim) in the swimming pool.
5. English newspaper are very ____(help)
6. Dice is one of my _____(relative).
7. Sally_____(want) to visit her friend tomorrow.
8. Jack_____( not be) to the Botancial Gardens.
3. She is a woman driver. (改为复数形式)
5. I’d like to be a teacher . I want to teach children.(两句并一句)
Have you ever seen snow? A lot of people in the world have not. A lot of countries never have snow. In the north of England , there is quite a lot of snow every winter, but in the south of England, there is usually little snow.
When a student from a warm country comes to England in the autumn for the first time, he feels cold at first. There are often dark clouds, grey skies and cold rain in England in autumn, and most students from warm countries do not like this kind of weather.
But snow is different. It is very cold, but it is very beautiful. After a few dark mornings, the student wakes up one day and there is a lot of light in his room. He thinks , “It must be late,” and gets up quickly, but no, it is not late at all. He looks out of the window and there is snow everywhere. The light in the room comes from that clean, beautiful white snow.
( ) 1. Many people ___________.
A . have ever seen snow B. have never seen snow
C. often see snow see snow once a year
( )2.There is usually_______ snow in the south of England.
A . a little B. few C. a few D. little
( )3.When a student from a _____ country comes to England in the autumn , he feels _____ at first.
A . hot, cold B.warm,cold C. warm,hot D. hot, warm
( )4.Most students from warm countries______.
A . like the weather in England B. don’t like the weather in England
C. don’t like snow D.often see snow in their countries
( )5.There is a lot of light in the room because ______.
A . there is a lamp B.it is daytime C.it is fine D. there is snow outside
Mark Twain, the famous American writer, liked to play jokes on others.
But once a joke was played on him. One day Mark Twain was invited to give a talk in
the evening. At lunch he met a young man. The young man said that he had an uncle with him. He told Mark Twain that his uncle never laughed or smiled, and that nobody was able to make his uncle smile or laugh. “You bring your uncle to my talk tonight ,” said Mark Twain. “ I ‘m sure I can make him laugh .”
That evening the young man and his uncle sat in the room. Mark Twain began to speak. He told several funny jokes. This made the people in the room laugh. But the young man’s uncle never laughed. Mark Twain told more jokes, but the old man still kept quiet. Finally he stopped. He was tired and sad.
Some days later, Mark Twain told another friend about what had happened “ Oh,” said his friend, “I know that old man. He can’t hear. He has been deaf for yeara.”
( ) 1. Mark Twain _________________ .
A . didn’t like to play jokes on others B. liked people to play jokes on him
C. liked to play jokes on himself D. liked to play jokes on others
( )2.One day Mark Twain would ________________.
A . give a talk in the evening B.listen to a talk in the evening
C. play a joke in the afternoon D. play a joke in the evening
( )3. Mark Twain’s funny stories made ________.
A . all the people in the room laugh B. nearly all the people in the room laugh
C. no people in the room laugh D. the young man’s uncle laugh
( )4.Why didn’t the young man’s uncle laugh?
A .Because he didn’t hear the story B. Because he was a blind man
C. Because he was a fool D. Because he was too old to laugh
( )5.Who played a joke on Mark Twain?
A . His another friend B. His young friend
C. The people in the room D. The young man’s uncle