1. The Bible was first written in Hebrew abd Greek, both of _____use many idioms.
2. We use this idiom to mean that there is a hidden weakness ____somebody whom we admire .
3. It comes from a story _____a son left home to waste all of his time and money.
4. In_____of his return, his father killed and cooked a calf so that they ______ have a feast.
5. The boy dived into the water and after ______seemed to be a long time ,he came up again.
6. You should put your book _______you can find it easily.
7. That is a reason ________he gave us for carrying out the plan.
8. He glared at his boss and turned away,as though ________(go)out of the office.
9. __________the man grew older,he lost interest in everything except gardening.
10. It is not until he took off his dark glasses _____I realized he was a famous star.
11. In a hour, we can travel to places _____would have taken our ancestors days to reach.
12. They arrived in a place _____they met two masters.
13. .Diana,_________(struggle)for months to find a job as a waiters, finally took a position at a local advertising agency.
14. If you have set a goal, ________(devote)yourself to it until you have achieved success.
15. _____Tom offers to his fans is honesty and happiness.
16 Mary failed in the exam again,_____,of couse,made all the others upset.
17. Many young people decide to leave for ______ is a good place to live in to seek their fortune.
18. .They are accustomed ____________(not take) at meals.
19.Every means _________(try) since then.
20.The clothes in the bed need ________(wash).
21.Weather ________(permit), we’ll go to the Great Wall.
22.I will put the book ______you placed it and make a mark at the place _____I put it.
23. John agreed to the suggestion that his students _____(give) two weeks to prepare for the exam. 24_______(finish) his homework ,he had to stay up late into the night.
_________(finish)his homework,he went out for a walk.
25That’s the third time he ________(win) the award in this field.