1. Washing hands often is one of the best ways to p_______ the spread of H1N1 flu (流感).
2. When you are ill, please take the m_______ as the doctor tells you.
3. You’ll be more _______(放松) and less nervous before your exams.
They haven’t decided if they will ________ _______ ________ _____ to Wuxi.
________ _______ Zhai Zhigang, every Chinese is proud of him.
6. 这匹马可能害怕汽车。The horse may_______ ________ _______ cars.
1. People are not the only ones hurt by air _______(pollute).
2. The situation was much ______(bad) than they had expected.
3. Compared with the past, people today are _______(healthy) and live longer.
4. “What do you think is the most important _______(different) between the two words?” the teacher asked.
5. As everyone knows, exercise can make us be ______(relax).
1. People in Korea ______ bow when they meet for the first time.
A. supposed to B. are suppose to C. are supposed to
2. We try our best to______ them_______ going away.
A. stop; from B. stop; off C. stops; from D. stops; off
3. He didn’t come to school yesterday because of his ______.
A. ill B. illness C. good D. well
4. Have you got ______ for four of us?
A. a room enough big B. an enough room big
C. a big enough room D. an enough big room
5. —Is your father a teacher ______ a doctor? —A teacher.
A. and B. or C. but D. so
6. Our room is ______ large as yours.
A. twice as B. two as C. twice less D. less than
1. Sometimes you’re supposed to come early.(改为否定句)
Sometimes you _______ ________supposed to come early.
2. John is better at playing football than Peter.（改为同义句）
John _______ _______ _______ playing football than Peter.
3. Betty’s mum doesn’t think that today people eat as well as in the past. （改为同义句）
Betty’s mum thinks that today people eat _______ _______ in the past.
4. Now we don’t have as much free time as we did before. （改为同义句） Now we have _______ _______ _______ than we did before.
1. It’s my grandmother who cooks ________ us every day.
2. Her parents want her to marry the young man who is _______ a good family.
3. Who helps you _______ your homework in the evening?
4. My grandfather used to go to work ________ his bike.
5. They weren’t very rich, but they were happy _______ those days.
6. The Greens are all busy ______ their business.
1. The Browns have four children and Lucy is their ________ (old) child.
2. Smoking _______(be) bad for your health.
3. Today many women continue to work after they get ________ (marry).
4. There were many young ________ (couple) taking part in the activity.
5. I think food that is ________ (fresh) cooked is healthier than ready-made food.
6. Animals are our friends, so ______ (protect) them is our duty.
1、—What’s the low-carbon life style like?—Save ______ energy, produce ______ carbon.
A. more; more B. less; more C. less; less D. more; less
2. You and I have ________ job.
A. same B. the same C. different D. the different
3. ________ the nurses in this hospital is very large.
A. The number of B. A number of C. Many D. A lot of
4. He is ______ young.
A. no more B. no long C. no longer D. not at all
5. ______ the students are having a meeting on the playground. The _____ school is full of vigour (生机勃勃).
A. All; whole B. All; all C. Whole; all D. Whole; whole
6. —Claudia, your handwriting is much ______ than before. —Thank you.
A. beautiful B. more beautiful C. most beautiful
7. Our English teacher is always very _____ and makes us feel _____.
A. kind; relaxed B. kind; relaxing C. strict; to relax
1. 苹果开始从树上落下来了。Apples are beginning to ______ _____ the trees.
2. 他爷爷当了一辈子老师。His grandfather worked as a teacher ______ ______ ______.
3. 护士是照顾病人的人。 A nurse is a person who _______ _______ sick people.
4. 请从地板上把书捡起来，好吗？Would you please _____ _____ the book from the floor?
1. In the past, married women were too busy at home to continue working. In the past, married women were _____ busy at home _____ they couldn’t continue working.
4. The teacher is young, but he is very experienced.
______ the teacher is young, he is very experienced.
1. Many ________ (疾病) are caused by bacteria (细菌).
2. In modern society, people ________ busy _______ (过……生活).
3. It took us _______ _______ _______ _______ _______ (一年半) to finish the work.
4. Who can answer the question? Please _______(举起) your left hand.
5. The students in Class One all felt ______ (兴奋的；激动的) about the trip to Mount Lu.
1. The more careful you are, _______ (few) mistakes you may make.
2. Her husband was not as _________ (friend) to them as her parents.
3. Maths is one of _________ (important) subjects.
4. If you want to keep fit, you’d better eat more vegetables and ______ (little) meat.
5. The population of Tianjin is _______ (small) than that of Beijing.
1. —Have you seen the CCTV news on TV?
—Yes, ______ children had a good festival on the _____ Children’s Day.
A. millions of; sixty B. ten millions; sixtieth C. millions of; sixtieth
2. That man ________ for about ten years.
A. died B. has been dead C. death D. has died
3. —Dad, it's such a long way from our home to the park!
—You mean it's ______ to take a taxi?
A. popular B. necessary C. possible D. important
4. —Let’s buy some cards for our teachers on Teachers’ Day.
—Why not make some by hand? It’s much ______.
A. interesting B. more interesting C. the most interesting
5. The ground is covered ______ fallen leaves.
A. at B. for C. with D. of
6. My dog is gentle and never bites, so you needn’t be ______.
A. excited B. frightened C. satisfied D. interested his students’ work today.
A. is moved by B. is good for C. would like to D. is pleased with
1. There are more than one thousand people on the playground.
There are ________ one thousand people on the playground.
2. I think the trees need to be watered.= I think the trees ________ ________.
3. I use my knife to cut an apple. = My knife _______ _______ _______ _______ an apple.
4. Can you look after my house while I am away?
Can you ______ ______ my house while I am away?
1. The tunnel under the Changjiang River makes it much________(easy) to get to Pukou District than before.
2. As we all know，time in history.
3. Most parents don’t think it is ______ (health) for children to stay up too late at night.
4. It gives us much _____(please) to welcome our new teacher.
5. There are ______ (hundred) of people dancing at the square after supper.
1. — Are you feeling ______? —Yes，I'm fine now.
A. any well B. any better C. quite good D. quite better
2. The experiment was______ easier than we had expected.
A. more B. much more C. much D. more much
3. If there were no examinations, we should have _______ at school.
A. the happiest time B. a more happier time C. much happiest time D. a much happier time
4. —I find it too difficult to learn English well. I want to drop it.
—English is very important in our daily life. Never ______.
A. give up it B. give it up C. give away it D. give it away
5. Look! Linyi is ______ now than it used to be.
A. quite beautiful B. the most beautiful
6. —Have you _____ spoken to a foreigner? —Not yet. I haven’t got a chance.
A. never B. also C. ever
7.—Do you know Jimmy? —Sure. He is one of my best friends. I know him very__________. A. little B. well C. alone
8. Mr Brown always makes his class _________ and keeps his students _________ in class.
A. alive; interesting B. lively; interesting C. alive; interested D. lively; interested
1. Have you ever felt tired in the middle of the day, ____ (尤其) after lunch?
This film is really ______, which advises people to ______ ______ ______.
He is _______ ______ to _______ ______ some good ideas.
She ________ ________ at ________ she 2. It’s ______ (有必要的) for us to master some life skills.
3. —I am worried I’m getting fatter.
—You should eat _________(少)food and do more exercise.
1. It was ____ (difficulty) for human beings to predict(预报) weather in the past.
6 C. very beautiful D. much more
1. —How tall he is! —Yes, he is ______ than any other student in his class.
A. tall B. taller
______. A. closer
all. A. most D. tallest B. bigger B. little C. farther D. less 2. The world is becoming smaller and smaller because the Internet gets us 3.—Did you love your day trip? —Yes, we enjoyed the roller coaster ______ of C. more
4. Beijing, the capital of China, is one of __________ cities in the world.
A. the biggest B. bigger C. much bigger D. big
5. You can’t sneeze and keep your eyes _____ at the same time.
A. open B. opens C. opened D. opening
6. Many Chinese students think science subjects are ______ foreign languages.
A. more difficult as B. less difficult than
D. so difficult as
7. He doesn’t play the violin so________ as his father.
A. good B. better C. well D. best
8. The music in the supermarket sounded so ______ that I wanted to leave at once.
A. soft B. wonderful C. friendly D. noisy
9. Would you mind closing the window to stop the wind _______ the papers away？
A. blow B. from blowing C. to blow
B. much cheaper
7 C. much difficult than D. of blowing 10. Taking buses in Beijing is ______ than taking taxies. A. more cheaper A. excited C. less cheaper C. happily D. luckily 11. We will have a field trip this afternoon. The news makes everyone ______.
1. Someone stole my wallet yesterday. _____ (lucky), there was little money in it.
2. English are _________ (wide) spoken in many countries of the world.
3. The man put on his coat and went out ________ (quick).
4. She is ______ (good) than Lily at swimming.
5. Most Chinese people are _______ (pride) of Yao Ming.
6. To my surprise, he suddenly came back on a cold ______ (snow) evening.
7. Allen always speaks to others ______ (polite). Everyone likes her.
8. It’s snowing heavily. You must drive ________ (careful).
9. The earth that we live on is much _______ (big) than the moon.
10. Hainan Island is the second ________ (large) island in China.
1.—Mum, I got the best grade in the English test today.
—Well done, son. I’m very________ of you.
A. proud B. tired C. afraid
2. Taking buses in Beijing is ______ than taking a taxi.
A. more cheap
3. I had a hard time with math and I wasn’t ______ to get the bad report from my math teacher. A. sure
A. so; that B. so; to C. too; to
5.―Remember this, John. ________careful you are, ________ mistakes you will make.
—Thanks, Miss Rose.
A. The more；the less B. The more；the fewer
C. The less；the fewer D. The more；the more B. surprised C. excited 4. Lucy was ________ excited _________ say anything when she heard the B. much cheaper C. a little cheap D. less
6. —What do you think of the lecture of Li Yang’s Crazy English?
—I think it’s _____ , but someone thinks it’s much too _____.
A. wonderful enough; bored
C. wonderful enough; boring
while watching it last night.
A. exciting B. frightening C. boring D. amazing
8. —How are you feeling today? —Much ______. I can go to school next week.
A. good B. better C. best D. well
9. —Lily, keep the window _____.The sandstorm hasn’t stopped yet. — OK, I’ll do that.
A. close B. closed C. open D. opened
10. I have ________ to do today.
A. anything important B. something important C. important nothing
D. important something
China is the home of tea, has more than 4,000 years of history. People in China drink tea daily. the three major drinks -tea, coffee and cocoa, tea is drunk by people in the world. Tea from China, along and porcelain, began to be known by the world over a thousand years ago and has been an important Chinese export .
Tea leaves mainly in the area south of the Yangtze River, in the provinces of Zhejiang, Jiangxi and Fujian, because of the mild(温和的) and rich soil there. Longjing, Wulong, Pu’er and Tieguanyin are allkinds of tea.
Over the past centuries, Chinese people their unique tea culture, which includes tea planting, tea-leaf picking, tea making, tea drinking and so on. Tea is a popular topic which is often mentioned in dances, songs, poems and novels.
1. A. who B. which C. where D. when
2. A. In B. For C. Of D. By 9 B. enough wonderful; boring D. enough wonderful; bored 7. That film was so _________ that most of the audience kept screaming in fear
3. A. the number of B. a number of C. a large number of D. the largest number of
4. A. between B. with C. except D. besides
5. A. at that time B. from now on C. since then D. since now
6. A. produce B. are produced C. make D. are made
7. A. climate(气候) B. weather C. condition(条件) D. environment
8. A. interesting B. important C. famous D. normal
9. A. had developed B. have developed C. developed D. are developing
10. A. too B. as well C. either D. also 10