Part I Listening (24%)
I. Listen and choose the right picture: (根据你所听到的内容，选出相应的图片。)(5%)
D E F
Ⅱ. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear: (根据你所听到
6. A. 16 B. 15 C. 60 D. 61 7. A. By train B. By boat C. By plane D. By bus 8. A. 4:20 B. 4:00 C. 4:40 D. 4:30 9. A. In the school canteen. B. In the library C. In a bookshop. D. On the playground 10. A. Red B. White C. Green D. Black 11. A. Seven B. Eight C. Nine D. Ten 12. A. He has toothache. B. He has just got up. C. He doesn’t like sweet food D. He has to go to bed.
Ⅲ. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false: (判断下列句子内容是否符合你所听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示。)(6%) 13. Sandy went to visit his cousin in London with her brother. 14. They took a train and arrived at 6 o’clock in the morning. 15. Sandy often played tennis and was very good at it. 16. Sandy’s brother bought some new clothes in Oxford Street. 17. They had dinner in a nice restaurant on Saturday evening.
18. Sandy enjoyed his trip to London very much.
Ⅳ. Listen to the dialogue and fill in the blanks to complete the sentences: (根据你所听到的内
__19__ 7th is the K Day in the USA. K is the short form of kites. On that day lots of children go out in the open air. They take their kites in ___20___ colours with them. Now the kites are flying in the air. How nice they look! The one __21____ a bird is the __22___. But what’s wrong? It is flying
away! The string is broken. The children are __23____ after it. People are watching and laughing. How __24____ they are playing!
Part II Vocabulary and Grammar (36%) I. Choose the best answer:(选择正确的答案。) (17%)
25. The boys are watching _______ football match while the girls are playing ______ piano. A. the, the B. a, the C. the, a D. /, the
26. Simon would like to stay at home and listen to the music ________ a rainy day. A. in B. on C. at D. for 27. I like milk ______ sugar because sugar keeps me fat. A. with B. without C. has D. have
28. How ______ does it take you to travel from your home to the museum by bus. A. often B. soon C. far D. long
29. The teachers give the students ______ about their projects.
A. many good advices B. many good advice C. much good advices D. much good advice 30. I don’t the purple dress. I would rather _______.
A. to buy the blue one B. to buy the blue C. buy the blue one D. buy the blue 31. We will leave ______ Paris ______ 6:30 tomorrow morning. A. in, at B. for, at C. to, on D. at, at
32. people in Shanghai and Hangzhou enjoy ______ sweet rice dumplings. A. having B. have C. to have D. had 33. I spent _________ on the new book. It’s quite interesting.
A. two half hours B. two and half hours C. two and a half hours D. two hours and half 34. In the past, people travelled to ______ places by ship.
A. other B. the other C. another D. others 35. Aunt Judy and Uncle Mike ______ in New York for 3 years. A. have lived B. lived C. live D. has lived 36. Tom has got _______ homework to do tonight.
A. too many B. many too C. too much D. much too 37. There is _______ orange juice in the fridge. Could you go and buy some? A. few B. a few C. little D. a little 38. A: Where is Mr. Li? B: He ______ the library.
A. has been to B. has gone to C. goes D. went 39. This sign tells us the entrance ______ the theatre. A. of B. at C. in D. to
A. before B. after C. about D. at 41. A: Hello, may I speak to Lisa? B:________
A. I am Lisa. B. That’s Lisa speaking. C. Who are you? D. This is Lisa speaking II. Fill in the blanks with the given words in their proper forms:(用所给词的正确形式填空，每空限填一词。) (7%)
42. I am going to take some ______ of the beautiful night views. (photo) 43. Peter prefers to eat _____ rice dumplings with meat. (salt) 44. December is the _________ month of a year. (twelve) 45. Mr. Green _______ a new car last month. (buy) 46. A lot of ______ come to Singapore every year. (tour) 47. Our English teacher looks much ______ than before. (slim) 48. You may _______ get a new job in the future. (possible)
III. Rewrite the following sentences as required: (按要求改写句子。)(12%) 49. The children have already read the note on the blackboard.(改为否定句) The children _______ read the note on the blackboard ________. 50. Betty does well in look after sick animals. (改为同义句) Betty is ______ ______ looking after the sick animals. 划线提问) _______ ______ does Kitty practice tennis?
划线提问) ______ ______ do you know about the science exhibition. 53. Let’s travel by ship! (改为同义句) ______ ______ travel by ship?
54. The cake tastes very delicious. (改为感叹句) _______ _______ the cake tastes!
Part III Reading and Writing (40%)
I. Reading comprehension:
D. The old man was buying A. True or False: (根据你所阅读的文章，判断下列句子是否文章内容，符合的用“T” C. The two men were selling 表示，不符合的用“F”表示。)(5%)
American schools begin in September after a long summer holiday. There are two terms
in a school year. The first term is from September to January and the second is from February to June. Most American children begin to go to school when they are five years old. Most students are seventeen or eighteen years old when they finish high school. After high school, many students go to universities. They can go to a small one or a large one. They usually have to give much money. So many university students go to work after class. They want to get the money for their studies.
55. The first term ends in February.
56. American children can go to school when they are five years old.
57. Most students are seventeen or eighteen years old when they finish middle school. 58. American students in the universities need a lot of money for their studies. 59. American students work after class because they want to buy things they like. B. Choose the best answer: (根据文章内容选择。)(5%)
One day, an old man was selling a big elephant. A young man came up to the elephant and began to look at it carefully. The old man went up to him and said in his ear, “Don’t say anything about the elephant before I sell it. Then I will give you twenty dollars.” “All right,” says the young man. After the old man sold the elephant, he gave the young man twenty dollars and said, “Now, can you tell me how you found the elephant’s bad ears?” “I didn’t find the bad ears,” said the young man, “Then why were you looking at the elephant?” asked the old man. The young man answered, “Because I have never seen an elephant before and I wanted to know what it looked like.” 60. _______ the elephant.
A. The young man was selling B. The old man was selling
61. The young man looked at the elephant carefully. He wanted to find out ______. A. which foot of the elephant was bad B. how heavy it was
C. which ear of the elephant was bad D. what it looked like 62. The young man ________.
A. knew the elephant has bad ears B. wanted to buy the elephant C. looked after the elephant D. get some money from the old man 63. The young man ________.
A. was not interested in elephants B. knew what an elephant looked like C. had never seen an elephant before D. had seen some elephants before 64. In the end, the old man is probably ________.
A. unhappy B. hungry C. dangerous D. happy
C. Choose the proper words or phrases to complete the passage: (根据短文内容，选择下档的
Long , long ago, a tortoise and a hare had a run. But this story doesn’t end there. They had a
fourth race. The hare and the tortoise, by this time, ___65___ good friends. They decided to have one last race. They would run as a team this time. They started off. This time the hare ___66____ the tortoise to the river bank. Then the tortoise ___67____across the river with the hare on his back. On the opposite bank, the hare carried the tortoise again and they reached the finishing line together. What can we learn ___68____ the story? It’s good to have great abilities. But you can’t do everything will yourself. Maybe someone ___69____ does this better. So team work is very important. The new story about the tortoise and the hare teacher us a lot. Do you think so? 65. A. became B. be C. turned D. got 66. A. left B. carries C. carried D. took 67. A. ran B. swam C. walked D. went
68. A. of B. at C. in D. from
69. A. other B. else C. another D. all
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words: (根据首字母提示，用恰当的单
The computer is fast, and never makes a mistake, while people are so slow, and full of mistakes. That’s what people often say when they are t___70___ about computers. Now a computer can do a lot of everyday jobs w__71____. It is widely used in factories, hospitals and banks. A computer can report, decide and control in a___72___ every field(领域). Many computer scientists are now thinking of making the computer think like a man. With the help of a person, a computer can draw pictures, write music, talk with people, play chess, and do some o___73____ things. Do you think that people will be a____74____ when they find that the computer is too clever to listen to the people.
E. Answer the questions: (根据短文内容回答问题。)(5%)
All students need to have good study habits. When you have good study habits, you learn
things quickly. You also remember them easily. Do you like to study in the living room? This is not a good place, because it is usually too noisy. You need to study in a quiet place, like your bedroom. A quiet place will help you only to think about one thing. When you study, do not think about other things at the same time, only thin about your homework. If you do this, you will do your homework more quickly, and you will make fewer mistakes. Good study habits are very important. If you do not have them, try to learn them. If yours are already good, try to make them better.
75. Do all students need to have good study habits?
76. Is a living room a good place or a bad place for study?
77. When do you remember things easily?
78. What shouldn’t you do at the same time when you study?
79. What is the passage about? Ⅱ. Write a passage about the topic: (根据所给提示，以How to Stay Healthy 为题完成作文。)(10%) ? Is it important for us to stay healthy? ? How do we stay healthy?(at least two suggestions) 4