1. The water _______ cool when I jumped into the pool for morning exercise. [2006 全国]
A. was feltB. is felt
C. feltD. feels
2. It remains _______ whether Jim’enough to play in the finals. [2006
A. seenB. to be seen
C. seeingD. to see
C B浙江]ll be fit
3. The flowers _________ sweet in the botanic garden attract the visitors to the beauty of nature. [2004 上海]
A. to smellB. smelling
C. smeltD. to be smelt
4. Happy birthday, Alice! So you have _____ twenty-one already. [2004 天津]
A. become B. turned
C. grownD. passed
1. With more forests being destroyed, huge
quantities of good earth _________ each year.
A. is washing away B. is being washed away
C. are washing away D. are being washed away
2. As a result of destroying the forests, a large ________ of desert ________ covered the land.
A. number … has B. quantity … has
C. number … have D. quantity … have
3. —Brad was Jane’s brother.
—___________ he reminded me so much of Jane!
A. No doubt B. Above all
C. No wonder D. Of course
D B C
4. We are trying to ring you back, Bryan, but we think we ________ your number incorrectly.
A. looked up B. took down
C. worked out D. brought about
5. Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts. The plane ________.
A. takes off B. is taking off
C. has taken off D. took off
6. He accidently _________ he had quarreled with his wife and that he hadn’t been home for a couple of weeks.
A. let out B. took care
C. made sure D. made out
B B A
7. With no one to ________ in such a frightening situation, she felt very helpless.
A. turn on B. turn off
C. turn over D. turn to
8. 3,500 years ago, some recipes recommended drinking a tea made ________ the dried leaves of a particular plant to reduce body pains.
A. by B. of C. from D. in
9. It __ to be a fine day the day before yesterday.
A. turned out B. turned up D C AC. turned down D. takes up
10. When heated, ice will ___ water.
A. turn up B. take down
C. turn into D. turn to
11. —Would you take this along to the office for me?
A. My pleasure B. With pleasure
C. Be pleased D. Be pleasing.
12. She found it hard to __ __ working late into the night.
A. used to B. adjust to
C. be adjustable D. adjust of
13. Your suggestion is very __ _. I think the boss will take it.
A. off the point B. to the point
C. beside the point D. at the point
14. It doesn’t take long to become ___ these drugs.
A. addicted to B. addiction to
C. addict to D. addictive to
15. Hearing the news that her son was found, she breathed a sign of __ _ .
A. excitement B. joy C. relief D. belief
16. This will __ _ pressure on the train to some extent
A. reduce B. relieve C. relief D. increase
B A C B