Post By：2012-3-11 19:44:22 [只看该作者]
Unit 1 词组和习惯用语
pay for 付钱 come up with 提供，提出
think of 认为，想起 pick up 拾起，捡起
finish doing完成，做完 sooner or later迟早
encourage sb. to do sth. 鼓励…做… fill in 填写，装满
used to 过去常常 in the schoolyard 在校园里
on the shelf在架子上
have a try 尝试 all over the world 全世界
be famous for 以…而著名 neither… nor 既不，也不…
no matter 不管 give up 放弃
both…and… 和…都 ever since 从那时起，此后一直
come true 实现 set off 出发
step into 进入 slow down 减慢
a crowd of 一批 be proud of 以…而骄傲
not only…but also… 不但…而且 so far 到现在为止
speak highly of 称赞（某人） have / take … off 休假
be afraid of 害怕 a piece of music 一首乐曲
protect the environment 保护环境 improve the environment 改善环境 as soon as 一…就… plant trees 种树
base on 以…为根据 do well in 在…做得好
all one’s life 一生 cut down 砍倒
make a contribution to贡献给，捐献
as soon as possible 尽快 all kinds of 各种各样
keep doing sth. 一直做… fall / fast asleep （很快）入睡
wake up 醒来 hurry up 赶快
right now 现在
decide to do sth. 决定做某事 do by oneself 自己做
walk along 沿…走 the second largest 第二大
at the airport 在飞机场 go straight along 沿…笔直走
think about 考虑 have a good time 过得愉快
have an accident出事故 be amazed at 对…感到惊讶
clear up 清除、收拾干净 on earth 在地球上
take park in 参加 as long as 长达，达…之久
thousands of 成千上万 stop doing.停止做某事
encourage sb. to do sth. 鼓励、激励某人
be able to 能会 come up with 想出、找出
give up 放弃 work on 继续工作
try out 试验、尝试 have nothing to do with 与…无关
teach sb. to do sth. 教某人做某事 became interested in 对…产生兴趣 at the age of 在…岁时 start doing 开始做
see sb. doing sth. 看见某人做某事 rush out 冲出去
so …that 如此…以致 open up 开放
think more of 看重、重视 turn down 关小、调低
tell / ask sb. to do sth. 告诉/要某人做某事
put up 挂起、举起 as well也、又、同样地
even though 即使
live on 继续存在、继续活着 once upon a time从前，很早以前 at last终于，最后 give birth to 生（孩子）
at the top of 在…顶部 fill …with把…填满
no longer不再 can’t wait to do 迫不及待地做…
spend …doing …花费…做… according to 根据
be made in 在…生产或制造 be made of 由…组成、由…构成 be used for 用于 a TV set 一台电视机
all over the world 全世界
on show 展览 hundreds of 数以百计
on display 陈列 a group of 一群（组）
human being 人类 be covered with 被…覆盖
in the old days 从前 be filled with 被装满
so that 以便、以致 hear of 听说
run away 流失、逃跑 in this way 用这种方法
point to 指向 far away 很远、遥远
thanks to 由于、幸亏 the more the better 越多越好 hand in 交上来 more or less 多少有点…
Tree Planting Day 植树节 knock …into把…插进
as often as possible尽可能多地 keep…from阻止…做 the Great Green Wall绿色长城 millions of 成百万的 in a few years’ time 几年后 in / out of class 课内/外 Unit12 词组和惯用法
point at 指示、指向 send up 发射
shut down 把…关上 set one’s mind to do…一心想做… travel / go round …绕…转 so far 到现在为止
all the time 一直、总是 put off 推迟、拖延
connect …to … 把…连接到… make telephone calls 打电话
space ships without people 不载人宇宙飞船
learn more about the earth. 了解关于地球的更多情况
with one’s help. / with the help of 在…帮助下
( )1. Every student in our class has ______ good progress since last term.
A. made B. taken C. done D. got
( ) 2. –Excuse me, can you tell me the answer to this question?
--Sorry, I can’t do it. I have to ______ about it.
A. talk B. think C. write D. worry
( )3. –Why do______ students in your school wear glasses?
--All the students here do eyes exercises three times a day.
A. few B. some C. many D. most
( ) 4. Now class, we’re going to watch a cartoon film. Please______ carefully and tell me what you ______.
A. listen, listen B. listen, hear C. hear, listen D. hear, hear
( ) 5. Would you turn ______ your radio a little? Your sister is writing her composition now.
A. on B. off C. up D. down
( ) 6. –Robert, I can’t draw the sign well on the blackboard. Could you ______ me a hand?
A. afford B. get C. give D. leave
( ) 7.--Have they found a way to stop the flu in the school?
--Yes, they have already ______ up with an idea.
A. looked B. put C. come D. get
( ) 8. It can ______you fit to do enough exercise and drink more water every day.
A. give B. keep C. bring D. put
( ) 9. –Which is your favourite sport? Swimming, surfing or diving?
A. Neither B. None C. Nor D. No one
( ) 10.Every driver ______ down at the corner of the track because it’s dangerous to keep fast.
A. put B. sat C. cut D. slowed
( ) 11.You’d better stay at home. The wind is blowing _____ at the moment.
A. hardly B. strongly C. loudly D. quickly
( ) 12.—Have you ever ______ part in any TV program?
--Yes, I made a speech in an interview about how to spend my spare time.
A. done B. made C. taken D. become
( ) 13. –Have you bought any magazines for computer?
--Yes, I ______ two new ones yesterday.
A. was getting B. got C. have got D. had get
( ) 14. –There ______ a pencil sharpener and several colour pencils on my desk. But where are they now?
--Maybe you’ve put them in the pencil-box.
A. is B. are C. was D. will be
( ) 15.The teacher told the pupils ______ loudly at the cinema.
A. not speak B. speak not C. not to speak D. to not speak
( ) 16.Both Mary and I think our English teacher is the most popular at school. ______.
A. So does Jane. B. So Jane does. C. So Jane is. D. So is Jane
( ) 17.It’s ______wonderful fashion show on TV that everyone enjoys it very much.
A. such B. such a C. so D. so a
( ) 18.—I’m terribly sorry, ______ I can’t go hiking with you this Sunday.
--It’s Ok. We can go together next time.
A. so B. but C. and D. or
( ) 19.—Why does Tina look so ______ today?
--She has got 99 in her driving test.
A. happy B. happier C. happiest D. happily
( ) 20.Both sides of Green Road ______ with grass and trees and many people go there after supper.
A. are covering B. are covered C. cover D. have covered
( ) 21.—How deep shall I dig the hole?
--The hole should be ______.
A. two metres deep B. two-metre deep
C. two metre deep D. two-metre-deep
( )22.—I failed in my English exam last term.
A. Take care B. You’re wrong C. Excuse me D. What a pity
( ) 23.Excuse me, do you know ______?
A. where our teacher lives B. our teacher lives where
C. where lives our teacher D. where does teacher live
( ) 24.______ of my parents is in. They are having their holiday in France
A. None B. Both C. Neither D. Either
( ) 25.—What is the population of this city?
--It’s about two million. But more than one third of the population here ______ businessmen.
A. are B. is C. were D. was
( ) 26.Let us play basketball after school, _______?
A. shall we B. should we C. can you D. will you
( ) 27. –How is the weather tomorrow?
--I don’t know if it _______ tomorrow.
--Well, if it ______, I won’t go out with you.
A. will rain, will rain B. rains, rains
C. rains, will rain D. will rain, rains
( ) 28. ______ trees were planted in this area last year.
A. Thousand of B. Three thousands
C. Thousands of D. Three thousand of
( ) 29.Don’t worry. I think your parents know little about it, ______?
A. don’t I B. do they C. don’t they D. do I
( ) 30.He hasn’t decided ______ on a trip to Canada.
A. if he will go B. when will he go
C. if he goes D. when does he go
1. I didn’t want__________(do) my homework while my parents ___________(watch) TV.
2. There are many shops _____________(sell) all kinds of things at the station.
3. Is there anything for me ___________(eat)? I ____________(not have) my breakfast yet.
4. It is very dangerous for the children _______________(play) football in the street.
5. Listen! They _________ (sing) happily.
6. –I’m sorry to have kept you ________(wait).
--It doesn’t matter. I just ___________(arrive) five minutes ago.
7. The PLA ___________(found) on August 1, 1927.
8. ___________ you _________(keep) plants at home?
9. The train ______________(leave) when we _______ (get) to the station yesterday.
10. A tall girl __________(name) Susan _______________(teach)us PE next term.
1. World Trade Center is one of the most famous _________ in Beijing.
2. Look! The young trees are ______________. Let’s water them at once.
3. These days eating food __________ is very important to people.
4. The ground ______________ with snow after the snow stopped. st
5. The boy knew much about history, so he knew many _______ in history.
6. His ____________ of the mountain made us interested in it.
7. When we cross the road, we must pay attention to _________.
8. Young people should become the _________ of our country.
9. By the ___________ century, our country had been open up to the world for twenty years.
10. We should be confident in ourselves, we shouldn’t be afraid of any _________.
1. We haven’t ____________ his name because we haven’t seen each other for ten years.
2. I haven’t decided how to do it next, I ____________ it now.
3. Thanks for ________________________ protecting the environment.
4. Sorry, I forgot ____________ the books.
5. Li Lei _________________ in swimming than us.
6. To our joy, my father ________________ smoking.
7. He has been asleep ______________ last night.
8. When we got to his house, he ______________ of the room.
9. If his room is very dirty, he ___________ the rubbish at once.
10. If we want to study chemistry better, __________ new ideas is very necessary.
A: Good morning, sir. ___________________________________?
B: I’d like to buy a blue jacket. Do you have any blue jackets?
A: Yes, _________________________________________?
B: I want Size M.
A: Here you are.
B: Can I try it on?
A: Sure. Is it all right?
B: Yes, I like it very much. ___________________________.
A: 360 yuan.
B: That’s a bit expensive. Do you have any other kind? I want a cheaper one. A: What about this one? It’s only 120 yuan.
B: OK, ____________________________. Here’s the money.
A: _____________________________. Goodbye, sir.
A: Good morning, doctor.
B: Good morning. ___________________________, young man?
A: I’ve got a headache and a running nose.
A: For about a week.
B: I see. __________________________________.
A: Is it serious, doctor?
B: No, there is ____________, but ___________________________.
A: Injection? Oh, no! It’s painful. I prefer to take medicine.
B: OK. Take the medicine three times a day and you’ll be ___________________ soon.
1. I will be back in a week.( He said )
2. How long have they been in New York? (I wondered)
3. What do you think of Thomas Edison?（I asked her）
4. Did you go to Summer Palace last weekend? ( Could you tell me)
5. How often do you have your hair cut? ( I wanted to know )
一. 1. A 2. B 3. A 4. B 5. D 6. C 7. C 8. B 9. B 10. D
11. B 12. C 13. B 14. A 15. C
16. A 17. B 18. B 19. A 20. B
21. A 22. D 23. A 24. C 25. A
26. D 27. B 28. C 29. B 30. A
1. to do, were watching 2. selling 3. to eat, haven’t had
4. to play 5. are singing 6. waiting, arrived 7. was founded
8. Have, kept 9. had left, got 10. named, will, teach
1. buildings 2. going to die 3. healthily 4. was covered
5. inventions 6. description 7. safety 8. pride
9. twentieth 10. failure
1. thought of 2. am thinking about 3. making a contribution to
4. to pay for 5. does better in 6. has given up
7. ever since 8. had rush out 9. will clean up
10. trying out
A. 1. Can I help you? 2. what size do you want?
3. How much is it? 4. I’ll take it. 5. Thank you.
1. What’s wrong with you? 2. How long have you been like that?
3. Let me look you over. 4. nothing serious, you need injection.
5. all right
A 1. He said that he would be back in a week.
2. I wondered how long they had been in New York.
3. I asked her what she thought of Thomas Edison.
4. Could you tell me if you went to the Summer Palace last weekend?
5. I wanted to know how often you had your hair cut
B. 1. A watch was found on the playground yesterday .
2. Silk is produced in Suzhou and Hangzhou.
3. Many birds can be seen flying to the south in autumn.
4. Are turkeys eaten by people on Christmas?
5. A thousand English words have been learnt by me since last year.
Post By：2012-3-4 19:49:18 [只看该作者]
Post By：2012-3-2 20:38:43 [只看该作者]
How to Write a Composition ?
英语写作多数为指导性写作或称: 半命题写作，也就是说，是先给一定的材 然后让学生依据所给的材料按要求作文。
1)Do you know where the People’s Park is?
2). There are many visitors enjoy the dish.
→Many visitors enjoy the dish.
In my spare time, I enjoy popular music and collecting stamps.
Go into the park. Go forward. Cross the street. Turn right. →After you enter the park by the main gate, walk straight till you come to a stream. Cross the stream and turn right.
I’m very interested in computer and won first prize last year. →I was very interested in computer and won first prize last year.
You will continue to walk. You’ll see a hill. You will go around the hill. You’ll get to a lake. →After walking for a while, you’ll come to a hill, walk round to the other side of the hill. There you’ll see a lake.
Chinese, maths, English, physics, chemistry and computer are the main subjects. →The main
subjects are Chinese, maths, English, physics, chemistry and computer.
My spare lovers are swimming, skating, collecting stamps and listening to popular music. →In my spare time, I enjoy swimming, skating……
家长之友‖ 某英语杂志社 ―家长之友‖栏目要举办一 次征文比赛,要求围绕 ―You can lead a horse 次征文比赛 要求围绕 to water, but you can’t make it drink.‖这一 这一 主题发表意见. 请根据下列提示写一篇文章.
内容提示: 许多家长望子成龙,不惜重金送孩子上私 立学校,到国外留学,请家教,给他们买大量的资料,电脑等,但往往这些都……
Nowadays, knowledge is becoming more and more important with the development of society, so many parents expect the children to be useful or successful. ? They spare no effort to offer their children as good a chance as possible: They not only send them abroad for further education and to private schools at great expenses, but also hire personal teachers. They buy all ? kinds of learning materials, computers and so on. But no matter what their parents do for the children, what becomes of the children ? Some of them really make it, but most of them want to enjoy and relax themselves and at last they are really disappointing. This proves the meaning of the saying ―You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.‖ That is to say, you can give someone all the opportunities for success, but you can’t make every person successful.
Sun Shuwei, a world champion in diving, is a boy of 14 from Guangdong. 结尾句是全文最后一句:
A year later in 1990,he won a gold medal at the 11th Asian Games and became a world champion at the 6th World Swimming Championships early this year.
假设你是李晓平，是―江苏中学‖的学生。请 你围绕―建设和谐社会‖的主题，根据下面所给出 的要点提示，用英语给全省中学生写一封倡议书。提示 1.人与社会：祖国、家乡、学校，热爱关心 2.人与人：家人、师长、同学，诚信互助 3.人与自然：能源、环境、动植物、爱惜保 护 4.你的态度：（内容由考生自
Dear fellow students, Our government is aiming to build a ―harmonious society‖. I think it is every citizen’s duty to work hard to achieve this goal. As high school students, what should we do? First of all, we should love our motherland. Let’s take a great interest in the development of our hometowns and take an active part in our school’s activities. Secondly, let’s fill the world with love. We should show our respect for old people,our parents and our teachers. We should also care for each other and help those in need. Most important of all, all of us must be faithful and honest in our daily life. Finally, let’s work together to save energy and protect our natural environment, including animals, trees, flowers and grass.
1. and, in addition, first, second, third …
2. before, after, when, later, immediately…
3. beyond, beside, behind, below, inside…
4. but, still, however, even, though…
5. because, so, therefore, thus, otherwise…
6. so that, indeed, above all, for example…
7. finally, in other words, in brief…
开门见山、解释和描述主提供背景知识、小故事 引路、提出问题、倒叙、 引路、提出问题、倒叙、悬念、名言、描写等等
请以你校学生的名义写一篇短文,陈述反对 拟在你校附近兴建一座化工厂的理由. 拟在你校附近兴建一座化工厂的理由.短文须包括以下内容: 1.大部分同学都反对兴建. 1.大部分同学都反对兴建 大部分同学都反对兴建. 2.尽管该厂可能为本市赚钱不少,但弊大于利. 2.尽管该厂可能为本市赚钱不少 但弊大于利. 尽管该厂可能为本市赚钱不少, 3.可能造成噪声污染和空气污染. 3.可能造成噪声污染和空气污染 可能造成噪声污染和空气污染. 4.侵占学校部分操场. 4.侵占学校部分操场 侵占学校部分操场. 注意:可以补充若
干理由, 注意:可以补充若干理由,不要仅 仅翻译以上各点. 仅翻译以上各点. 词数:100-120.
1.在头脑中搜索你想用的单词: be against ; construction; chemical factory; make a lot of money; pollute; prevent; take up; harm ; playground, have sports, take measures…..
2.想好开头句 Most students of our school, including me, are against the construction of a chemical factory near our school .
3.写好其它句子来支持你自己观点: Although the factory will make a lot of money for our city, we do think it will do us more harm than good. The air will be badly polluted and we can’t prevent the noise from entering our classrooms. Besides, the building of it will take up a part of our small playground. We can’t have enough place to play games and have sports after class.
4.适当加上一些评论 Of course, they have promised to take measures to do it well, however, it is far from enough. On the other hand ,We will never be able to breathe fresh air. 5.写出结尾句。
5.写出结尾句:Where would we go if it were taken up ? So we don’t agree to build the factory here.
6.补充，完善，加上过渡词补充 Most students of our school, including me, are against the construction of a chemical factory near our school. Although the factory will make a lot of money for our city, we do think it will do us more harm than good. The air will be badly polluted and we can’t prevent the noise from entering our classrooms. Besides, the building of it will take up a part of our small playground. We can’t have enough place to play games and have sports after class. ? Of course, they have promised to take measures ? to do it well, however, it is far from enough. On the other hand ,We will never be able to breathe fresh air. Where would we go if it were taken up ? ? So we don’t agree to build the factory here.