1. We were waiting to cross the road. ________(突然) a car a_________.
2. The population is i__________ fast in the world.
3. The government must come up ways to s_________ all these p__________.
4. There are green trees on both s_______ of the road.
5. While he was working in the _______（田地）， a snake b______ him.
6. He wants his mother to pay a_________ to him.
7. He t_________ a ball to me, and he caught it.
8. There are all kinds of ________ (手表) in the museum.
9. The plane l______ safely on the ground.
10. A little boy was f_______ her all the way.
11. Newton was sitting under a tree when an apple f________ onto his head.
12. The white rabbit h_________ in the grass so I could find it.
13. The ________ (当地的) government has done something to stop people killing wild animals.
14. I _______ (伤了) my knee. I can’t walk because there is a great p________ in it.
15. There are a lot of ________ (出生) every year in the world.
16. The students are ____________ (准备) a party for the New Year.
1. ----Could you tell me what he said just now? ----Sorry, I ________ what was happening outside.
A. had thought B. was thinking C. thought D. think
2. Can you swim _______ the river in ten minutes?
A. over B. past C. through D. across
3. Nick ________ off the bike and hurt his leg.
A. dropped B. fell C. went D. ran
4. I saw a dog ________ into a deep hole just now.
A. jump B. jumping C. jumped D. to jump
5. A white cat ran ________ me quickly just now.
A. pass B. down C. past D. next
6. If you can get the tickets for the concert, please tell me ______ the phone.
A. off B. at C. in D. on
7. She couldn’t remember _________ she said at the meeting.
A. that B. whose C. what D. those
8. I’m busy and I have _______ to do today.
A. important nothing B. anything important C. something important D. important something
9. There are many big red apples _____ the tree.
A. on B. in C. to D. of
10. ---Shall I take you to the shopping center after school?
---- No, thanks, My father said he would ______ on his way home.
A. look for me B. pick me up C. let me down D. take after me
11. ---You have stayed in this school for several days, haven’t you?
Yes, I will stay for _______ more days.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
12. We were just ready to play basketball _____ it began to rain.
A. after B. while C when D. before
13. With the help of the Internet, news can ______ every corner of the world.
A. go B. get C. arrive D. reach
14. A dog bit the child ______ leg when he played around the house.
A. in his B. on his C. on the D. in the
15. Would you like ____red dress as a birthday present, Mary?
---- Sorry, mum. I prefer _______orange one.
A. an; an B. a; a C. an; a D. a; an
16. There is no living thing on _______ moon.
A. the B. a C. / D. an
17. _______ of the teachers in the school is 300, _______ of them are women teachers.
A. The number; first fourth B. The number; one fourth
C. Number; one second D. A number; three quarters
18. ---Do you want ______ sandwich? --- Yes, I usually eat a lot when I’m hungry.
A. other B. others C. another D. the other
19. These products look _______ and sell ______.
A. good; well B. well; well C. good; well D. well; good
20 What happened ______ him? ---He had an accident.
A. with B. to C. about D. of
21. The teacher told me __________ next time.
A. careful B. be careful C. to be careful D. to careful
22. He promised _______ to my party.
A. go B. going C. to go D. to going
23. We ______ TV when the telephone ______.
A. watched; was ringing B. were watching; rang C. watch; rings D. are watching; rang
24. The teacher with his students ______ eating dinner at that time yesterday.
A. is B. were C. was D. are
25. Tom was playing games ______ his sister was reading books.
A. while B. when C. after D. before
26. They ate _____ apples and drink _____ water.
A. too much; too many B. too much; too much C. too many; too much D. too many; too many
27. Water use is growing more than twice as ______ as the world’s population.
A. quick B. more quick C. quickly D. more quickly
28. _______ are planning to go on vacation.
A. Blacks B. A Black’s C. The Black’s D. The Blacks
29.---What does the fresh juice contain? --- _______ of the juice _______ orange.
A. Four fifth;are B. Four fifths; are C. Four fifth; is D. Four fifths; is
30. Each of us has to write a ______ report every two weeks.
A. two-hundred-word B. two-hundreds-word C. two-hundreds-words D. two-hundred-words
31. Mary is ______ young to go to school.
A. on B. in C. too D. of
32. When Mom came to see me, I _______ in bed reading.
A. lied B. is going to lie C. was lying D is lying
33. The girl ______ Ma Ling in our class is from Dalian.
A. called B. call C. calls D. calling
34. Simon says he will give me a call ________ he arrives in Shanghai.
A. as soon as B. as well as C. as much as D. as usual as
35. Hurry up, Tony! ________ we’ll be late for the class.
A. But B. Or C. So D. And
36. No one can successful ______ hard work.
A. through B. for C. with D. without
37. At the foot of the hill, you can hear the ______ of the running water.
A. sound B. voice C. noise D. song
This river is _____________________________________ that one.
Tom doesn’t live here ____________________.
________________ that it _______ more schools and hospitals.
You should _____________________ to the _______ of a traffic accident.
I’m __________ get a letter from you.
He felt the _________ got __________ and __________.
7. 电梯里没有足够的空间。 There isn’t ______________ in the lift.
8. 我想去温暖的地方游览。 I want to visit ________________.
He made a big _______, _____________________, he lost his ____________.
10. 汤姆是一个8岁的男孩。Tom is _______________________ boy.
11.他必须很快做决定。 He must _______________________________.
12. 等一下， 我要把它记下来。_________________a minute! I’ll __________ it __________.
There are many kinds of pollution around us, ________1 air pollution, soil pollution and light pollution. They are bad ________ 2our health in many ways.
Burning gas, oil and coal creates air pollution. It can cause sore(疼) eyes and breathing(呼吸) _________3.
With the increase of pollution and the development of industry(工业), rubbish is everywhere. It makes our environment dirty. People put lots of rubbish in the land. Farmers use _________4 chemicals (化学品) in the fields. They destroy the soil. So soil pollution has become serious.
________5 pollution can make people deaf(聋的). For example, people may lose their hearing if they work in a ________6 place for a long time. Too much noise can cause high blood pressure(血压) _______7.
Working for a long time in strong, changeable light _______8 cause some kinds of illnesses. It makes people feel _______9 and is especially bad for the eyes.
With _______10 pollution, our planet will become greener and our health will be better. Let’s be greener people.
1. A. such as B. for example C. as well as D. because of
2. A. to B. in C. for D. of
3. A. question B. problem C. questions D. problems
4. A. too much B. too many C. much too D. many too
5. A. Air B. Soil C. Noise D. Light
6. A. noise B. noisy C. quiet D. quietly
7. A as well B. still C. also D. either
8. A. must B. need C. should D. may
9. A. comfortable B. possibly C. terrible D. terribly
10. A. little B. less C. few D. fewer
Global Handwashing Day
Wednesday, October 15th, 2008 is the first Global Handwasing Day. Many people w________ their hands with soap on the day. They are f_________ twenty countries.
Experts say it is important for people to wash their hands with soap at some critical moments, such as before e__________ and after using the toilet. B________ they can get germs on their hands when they do those things. Then their hands can make their eyes and noses d__________ and make people ill. They say that soap is helpful in washing hands. It can help remove germs and leave a pleasant s_________. The experts also give the right way to wash hands. First put your ands into the water and make them w__________. Then cover them with soap and rub it into all a___________. Rub for at l__________ twenty seconds. Next put your hands under running water and make them clean. At last, dry them with a c__________ cloth. Global Handwashing Day can help people keep healthy.