.Marta _________ a box of old photographs, looking for the baby's portrait.
.The cost of the house may be lower than we first thought; but ________ it will still be beyond our reach.
.The struggle between the drug company and the Government over prices finally ________ a satisfactory settlement.
.She was on a plane ________ Moscow
.As soon as I was________ , I began to have second thoughts about leaving
.A week after the operation, the little boy looked ________ .
.I saw the baby was about to fall off the bed and caught it just ________ .
.Listen to the laughter of the children ________ . How happy they are!
.It's getting late - I think it's time to ________ home.
.It's going to rain; we'd better ________ our things and go indoors.
perfection storage clap observe exclusive
defend survey interview quit cover
1. The audience ________ enthusiastically at the end of the play.
2. Torrence expects to ________ her title successfully in the next Olympics.
3. Would you ________ your job if you inherited lots of money?
4. They are still working hard on the ________ of their new painting technique.
5. As a new journalist, I could not afford to lose the chance to ________ Chris Chamberlain about this issue.
6. The latest ________ shows a majority in support of government policy.
7. The reporter managed to get a(n) ________ interview with the Prime Minister.
8. We've had to build some cupboards to give us more ________ space.
9. "I've always found German cars very reliable," he ________ .
10. Robinson was sent to Italy to ________ the 1990 World Cup.
purely perceive discourage dynamics unlikely
specialty reasonably sink extended actually
1. The economy in that country ________ deeper and deeper into crisis.
2. My father was a historian and his ________ was the history of Germany.
3. They decided to close the museum ________ and simply because it cost too much to run.
4. The local government has decided on new measures to ________ car use in favour of public transportation.
5. It's pretty ________ that they'll turn up now — it's nearly ten o'clock.
6. The interchange of ideas aids an understanding of group_______ .
7. She says it's a good film and recommends it to all her friends, though she hasn't ________ seen it.
8. Stop shouting and let's discuss this_________ .
9. People now ________ that green issues are important to our future.
10. Kathy and Eric run this small hotel as an " ________ home", which should give you a good idea of the atmosphere of warmth and hospitality there.
sustain obstacle emphasize undergo restore
bound appearance shift invincible approval
1. With one ________ the dog was over the fence.
2. We don't have sufficient resources to ________ our campaign for long.
3. She realized that being unable to speak a foreign language was a major ________ to her career.
4. The actor said that he felt quite ________ after the holiday, and was ready to work again.
5. I'm only 16, and I'm afraid I can't sign these papers without my parents'________ .
6. The ________ in the balance of power in the region has far-reaching consequences.
7. I'd like to ________ the point that we are ready to meet with the management at any time.
8. You won't have to ________ a medical examination, or any probing questions about your health or occupation.
9. When you're young you think you are________; you feel you can achieve anything.
10. She was making a public ________ signing copies of her latest novel.
41. 我们得把感情放在一边，从专业的(professional)角度来对待这件事。(from a...standpoint)
42. 这部戏非常精彩，我很快就沉浸于激动人心的剧情之中。(lose oneself in)
44. 她在公共汽车站一直等到末班车进站。(come in)
46. 虽然她的新书没有上一本好，但是我还是喜欢它。(not quite as)
47. 许多车子都驶过去了，可是没有一辆愿意让我们搭便车。(roll by)
48. 他按妻子的吩咐，一下班就去了市场。(make one's way
49. 这是一本关于商务实践而非理论的书。(as opposed to)
50. 直到1911年人们才发现第一种维生素(vitamin)。(It is not until...that)