中考英语对连词考查的重点集中在以下两个方面：一是连接两个词或连接一个并列句时 并列连词的选择，此类题型要求我们必须确切地理解句子的意义，在此基础上确定词与词之 间及两个分句之间的关系，从而确定出正确的并列连词；二是对从属连词的考查侧重和从句 的理解相联系，对应句子或上下文，正确把握从属连词。
联合关系：and，not only...but also...，????? neither...nor...等???并列连词?转折关系：but，however等
【实例解析】 1.(山东泰安)24. －Tell us something about Canada, OK? －I’m sorry. _________ Jack _________ I have ever been there. A. Either; or B. Not only; but also C. Both; and D. Neither; nor 2.(山东日照)26. I really enjoyed your speech, ______ there were some parts I didn’t quite understand. A. because B. for
C. until D. though
---I like riding fast. It’s very exciting.
---Oh! You mustn’t do it like that, ________ it may have an accident.
A. and B. or C. so D. but
John fell asleep ________ he was listening to the music.
A. after B. before C. while D. as soon as
5.I won't take part in Julie's birthday party ________I am invited.
A.unless B.after C.because D.if
1. ---Will the foreigners have any problems talking with Chinese in 2008? ---I don’t think so. Now ______ the young ______ the old can speak
A. either…or B. not only… but also
C. neither…nor D. both…or
2. We didn’t catch the train _______ we left late.
A. so B. because C. but D. though
3. Tom failed in the exam again _______ he wanted to pass it very much.
A. if B. so C. though D. as
4. I won’t believe that the five-year-old boy can read five thousand
words ______ I have tested him myself.
A. after B. when C. if D. until
5. The book was so interesting that he had read it for three hours
______ he realized it.
A. when B. until C. after D. before
6. ---This dress was last year’s style.
---I think it still looks perfect ______ it has gone out this year.
A. so that B. even though C. as if D. ever since
7. Hurry up, _______ you will miss the train.
A. and B. so C. however D. or
8. The mountain was ______ steep _____ few people in our city reached the top.
A. so…as B. so…that C. as…as D. too…to
9. ---Do you remember our pleasant journey to Xi’an?
---Of course. I remember everything ______ it happened yesterday.
A. as soon as B. even though
C. rather than D. as if
10. ______ you can’t answer this question, we have to ask someone else for help.
A. Although B. While C. Whether D. Since
1. ______ they are brothers, they don’t look like each other at all.
2. The dress was very expensive, ______ I didn’t buy it.
3. ---Do you know ______ I could pass the exam?
---Sorry, I’ve no idea.
4. Mr. Brown knows little Japanese, ______ he can’t understand the
instructions on the bottle of the pills.
5. The war was over about a year ago, ______ the American soldiers in
Iraq are still having a lot of trouble to deal with.
6. ---Is David at school today?
---No. He is at home _______ he has a bad cold.
7. _____ Lily _____ Lucy may go with you because one of them must
stay at home.
8. Study hard, _____ you are sure to have a good result in the exam.
1. John looks __________ (sad) because he lost his bike.
2. The students got poor marks this time, so their teacher told them to
be ___________ (care) next time.
3. Do you know who ___________ (inventor) the electric light?
4. Thank you very much for your __________ (kind).
5. The ___________ (young) of the two ladies is our English teacher.
6. We hope that the New Year will bring us __________ (health).
7. The old woman looks much _________ (happy) now.
8. Chaplin was one of ___________ (famous) __________ (act) in the world.
9. Mary used to be a __________ (wait) of this restaurant.
10. Jack’s __________ (recite) was the best at yesterday’s party.
11. She always goes to school __________ (hurry).
12. Hi, girls, come here to __________, there are two __________ (sit) here.
13. He was a great _________ and he ___________ a lot of famous pictures. (paint)
14. My parents usually go ________ (shop) on Sundays.
15. How many _________ (play) are there in a football team?
16. You are late. Please come __________ (early) next time.
17. They go to movies _________ (two) a term.
18. _________ (luck), I’ve got a lovely present.
19. Look, he’s waiting at the gate __________ (worry).
20. We are _________ (real) happy that your family have come.
21. Mr. Smith was _________ (true) sorry about that.
22. I have got an _________ (invite) to his family party.
23. Could you catch the __________ (mean) of this word?
24. The sun gives us ________ (hot) and light.
25. He is a very strange and _________ (change) old man. So no one likes him.
26. It rained ___________ (heavy) yesterday than the day before yesterday.
27. He enjoys _________ many things. Everyone knows he is a famous ________ (learn).
28. We feel _______ for living _________ (happy).
29. He is _________ (thank) to the lady.