下图是一幅与当前交通状况有关的漫画，请根据以下要 求用英语写一篇短文。 1. 品味漫画中的幽默，适当发挥想象，描述漫画内容。 2. 分析造成这种现象的原因并提出建议。 3. 词数150左右。开头已经写好，不计入总词数。
2. 解意 3. 谋篇
图 & 解
细读题目、画面、文字 体会寓意 准确立意
PartⅠ Describe the picture PartⅡ Interpret the meaning (causes; effects) Part Ⅲ Give personal opinions (solutions )
Part I Describe the picture
* 抓住关键，准确立意。(忌白描无用细节) * 理解文字，巧妙转换。(忌套用直接引语)
….They are climbing up a tree. One of them shouts, “ What a jam! We are not the slowest .You see?” The other nods and agrees with him. On the highway, there are many cars: sports cars, saloon, hatchbacks, minivans and so on.
Part I Describe the picture
As we can see from the picture, two snails are talking about the traffic jam on a highway nearby. The highway is crowded with too many buses and cars. Snails, once considered as the slowest in nature, are now lucky to find cars even slower than them. What a vivid description the picture gives! — by 邢晨希
Part II Analyze the causes
Requirement 2. 分析造成这种现象的原因并提出建议。 Which of the following can be included?
A. B. C. D.
随着经济的发展，私家车越来越多。 为方便出行，人们更多依赖私家车，导致交通阻塞。 私家车的增多给环境带来污染。 车越多，事故越多。
Part III Propose some solutions
Which of the following can be included? A. 少开私家车，提倡步行和多用公共交通。 B. 骑自行车可以锻炼身体。 C. 少开车利于环境保护。 D. 政府应采取措施改善路况，如拓宽路面等。
Useful expressions for parts II & III:
1. 买得起/拥有私家车 afford private cars / have cars of their own be rich enough to buy… 2. 车越来越多 an increasing number of cars be on the increase There has been a sharp increase in ... There has been a boom in… 3. 带来便捷 bring convenience to sb make our life more convenient It is convenient for sb to do sth
4. 交通高峰期 rush hour / peak hour 5. 车使得道路阻塞 block the roads be crowded with 6. 给交通带来麻烦或压力/ 使得交通一团糟 cause great trouble to traffic put great pressure on traffic cause chaos on the roads
7. 缓解交通压力 relieve the pressure on traffic 8. 公共交通 public transport 9. (建议) be supposed to encourage sb to do sth a better choice a good alternative to cars
Can you polish up yo
People’s living conditions are becoming better. They can buy cars. So there are more and more cars and it causes traffic jams. With the improvement of people’s living conditions, more people can afford private cars. As a result, an increasing number of cars put more pressure on the traffic in some cities.
Skills: 1. “高级词汇”代替“第一反应词”。 2. 感叹句代替陈述句。 3. 复合句代替简单句。 4. 被动语态代替主动语态。 5. 使用分词结构和with引导的复合结构。 6. 使用倒装句和强调句。
1) This is a worrying situation. (改成感叹句) What a worrying situation the picture shows ! 2) There are too many cars. And the cars often block the roads. (改成复合句) There are so many cars that they often block the roads. 3) Because the cars are trapped in the jams, they can’t move a bit for hours. (改成分词结构) Trapped in the jams, the cars can’t move a bit for hours.
4) People often travel in their own cars, but it will cause traffic jams. So they are often late for work. (使用定语从句、分词结构；替换部分词语) People often travel in their own cars, which, in turn, causes traffic jams, making them unable to get to their destinations in time.
5) We shouldn’t drive cars but should take buses. The government should take measures to improve the road condition. The two measures will reduce the traffic jams. (代换部分词汇；被动语态) Citizens are supposed to use public transport instead of relying on cars. Besides, more measures should be taken to improve the road condition. I believe the combination of the two will help relieve the pressure on traffic.
Have you used the transitional sentences?
Between part I and part II: 1) The picture is an exact reflection of our traffic situation in our country. Then what are the causes of it? 2) What the picture illustrates is a serious problem —
traffic jams. Here are some possible reasons leading to it.
Between part II and part III: 1) For my part, it’s time to take some effective measures to relieve the traffic jam before it is too late. 2) Facing the gravity of the situation, we ought to take
Have you used the concluding sentences?
1) Only by doing so, I believe, can we enjoy a more convenient life. 2) I’m convinced that with these measures, we are most likely to live a comfortable life free from traffic jams.
Is your spelling right?
convenient adj. / convenience n. ? inconvenient ? afford ? crowded ? government ? benefit ? relieve v. / relief n. ? economy n. / economic adj. ? modern ? environment
Is there any such mistake in your writing? is 1) The number of private cars are increasing. 2) make the cars unable to move forward cannot 3) Snails, which are always considered the , slowest and are laughing at cars. 4) Then what can we do with the problem? to
* 注意主谓一致 * 不可逐词直译 * 保证结构完整
preciate and learn…
As we can see from the picture, two snails are talking about the traffic jam on the highway nearby. The highway is so crowded and the cars travel at such a low speed because of the traffic jam that even the snails move faster.
The picture vividly describes the current situation, where the boom in cars has put great pressure on the public traffic system. For one thing, with the improvement of people’s living conditions, more people can afford private cars. As a result, an increasing number of cars often lead to traffic jams in some cities. For another, people often travel in their own cars for convenience, which, in turn, causes traffic jams, making them unable to get to their destinations in time.
As far as I’m concerned, it is time we should take immediate steps to solve the problem. Firstly, citizens are supposed to use public transport as much as possible. Secondly, when people travel, they can choose the way of carpooling (拼车), which can help relieve the traffic pressure. Only by doing so, I believe, can we enjoy a more convenient life.
Requirements for excellent writing:
立意准确，要点完整 ? 篇章合理，条理清晰 ? 句式多样，表达地道 ? 拼写正确，卷面整洁