1. —Did you do well in your _________ history exam? —Not too bad. I got _________ “B”.
A. / ; an B. the; a C. / ; a D. a; the
2. The famous writer would like to _________ time in the beautiful countryside.
A. spend B. cost C. take D. pay
3. —Did she play basketball yesterday afternoon? —No, she _________.
A. goes shopping B. visited her aunt
C. will stay at home D. is doing some cleaning
4. —It's very late. _________ take a taxi? —Good idea.
A. Would you like B. How about C. What about D. Why not
5. —When you finish ______ your novel, remember ________ me a call, OK? —All right.
A. to write; gave B. writing; to give C. read; to send D. reading; giving
6. Who drives ________, your sister or your brother?
A. the most carefully B. more carefully C. the most careful D. more careful
7. —How are you going to the railway station to meet your father ________ Sunday morning? —I'm going there ________ my car.
A. on; in B. in; by C. in; in D. on; by
8. Sandy didn't have ______ money for a bus ticket, ______ she had to walk home in the rain.
A. many; and B. much; because C. any; so D. some; but
9. —What ________ can you see in the picture? —Some flowers and trees.
A. something B. other C. the other D. else
10. I like this silk dress ,and it A．is feeling B．feels C．has felt D．is felt
Living in another country can be very lonely. Last year I went to a middle school in America. I had no friends there. I was and sometimes I felt like I was the in the world. us, “This is Terry King, your new classmate.” He was tall and fat, and when he Terry took the seat next to me. Then he looked at me for a second. I didn’t realize that we ____become good friends later.
After school that day, I went to a my favorite computer game. When I went inside, I got a big surprise: Terry was there and was playing the “Hey, I’m surprised to see you here,” I said. I sat down beside him.
“Me, too, ”he smiled, and his eyes turned into a line. I turned round and looked at his screen. I hoped we could play together. I asked excitedly, “Do you like this game, too?”
In fact, I had never talked to a classmate so freely before, but his helped me to open up.
“Would you like to play with me?” I asked.
“Sure,” he answered. He seemed as happy as I was. As we started the game, we started our friendship, too.
11.A. always B. never 12.A. man 13.A. told 14.A. cried
D. luckily D. person D. said D. hobbies
B. frightened B. worries B. must B. club B. boy
C . people C. spoke C. smiled C. family C. could
D. shouted D. might
15.A. friends 16.A. should 17.A. net bar 19.A. student
C. company D. coffee house
18.A. amazing B. boring C. same
20.A. smile B. exercise C. advice D. question 三．任务型阅读 （40分）
Do you remember your dreams? Do people have the same dreams? Why do we dream? There are many questions about dreams. We dream during the REM（rapid eye movement） stage of sleep. We have about five periods of REM sleep during the night. The first REM cycle（周期） lasts about 10 minutes. As the night goes on, the REM cycle gets longer. By early morning, the REM cycle can last up to 90 minutes. Usually, it is in this last REM cycle that we remember our dreams.
Dreams change as people age. People may have several dreams each night. Some are like films and usually in colour. They come to us over and over again. That may be because the dreamer is worrying about something and trying to find the answer. Sometimes we wake up with a good feeling from a dream. But often we can’t remember the dreams clearly.
It is reported that too much dreaming is bad for our health. The more we sleep, the longer we dream. The mind is hard at work. That is why we may have a long sleep and still feel tired when we wake up
( ) 21. We dream during the REM stage of sleep.
( ) 22. Children aged eight or nine have the same dremas as people aged thirty. ( ) 23. All the dreams are usually in colour like films. ( ) 24. The longer we dream, the better we sleep.
( )25. The passage above is talking about dreams.
Maria, Jane and Mary
Maria was very happy. She was at a new school, and the students were friendly. “Hi, Maria!” they said. But some students said, “Hi, Jane!” Maria didn’t understand. She asked another student. “Why do some students call me Jane?”“Oh,” the student said, “Jane was a student here last year. Now she goes to a different school. You look like Jane. So some students think that you’re Jane.”
Maria wanted to see Jane. She got Jane’s adderss from a student and went to Jane’s house. Maria couldn’t believe her eyes. She really looked like Jane! They had the same colour eyes and the same smile. They had the same black hair and their birthdays were on the same day. And they were both adopted(领养)by two different families.
Later Maria and Jane found out that they were twin sisters. Soon after the girls were born, one family adopted Maria, and another family adopted Jane. Maria’s family never know about Jane and Jane’s family never know about Maria.
Maria and Jane’s story was in the newspaper. There was a photo of Maria and Jane next to the story. A girl named Mary saw the photo in the newspaper. Mary couldn’t believe her eyes. She really looked like Maria and Jane! And she, too, was adopted by a third family.
Later Mary met Maria and Jane. When Maria and Jane saw Mary, they were very surprised. Mary really looked like them! Why did Mary look like Maria and Jane? You can guess. Maria and Jane are not twins. Maria Jane and Mary are triplets(三胞胎).
( A.sorry B.happy C.sad
( )27.Some students thought.
A.Jane was Maria B.Maria was Mary C.Maria was Jane
( A.in Jane’s house B.at school C.in the classroom
A.the newspaper B.a book C.other people
A.classmates B.sisters C.twins
31. This book gives readers information about travelling in _________ and it has four _________ and more than 233 pages.
32. If you want to know the _________ _________, you can turn to Page 184.
33. You can find something about _________ in Chapter 7 and if you are interested in shopping, you can read Chapter _________.
“I'll have sandwiches with cream, cakes and a cup of tea, please. But no sugar—I'm on a diet（节食）.” Many people say such things in English tea shops.
In England, tea is not just a drink, it's a meal ,too. In some homes it's the last meal of the day, though for many people it's a light meal between lunch and dinner. But most working people don't have time for tea.
Most tea shops serve tea between three and five in the afternoon, though the most popular time
is around four o'clock. So an English tea is good for people on holiday who have the time to enjoy it. Why not try an English tea in Oxford? After a long day visiting the city, here are some tea shops to visit.
The Randolph Hotel in Beaumont Street is in the very centre of the city. It's a fine building with piano music .
The Nosebag in St Michael's Street is popular with university students. Good homemade cakes and teas are available （可得到的） but go early as there are always long queues (排队）. The Wykeham Coffee Shop in Holywell Street is a small tea shop , and is popular with visitors and students.
George's Café in the Covered Market is popular with workers and shoppers.
Queen's Lane Coffee House on the High Street is one of the oldest restaurants in Oxford, serves great teas and newspapers.
34. This passage is about teatime and ________ in Oxford, England.
35. In addition to （除了） drinking tea, people can listen to ________ in the Randolph Hotel and eat ________ in the Nosebag.
36. Two tea shops are very popular with students. One is the Nosebag, and the other is _______
A: We have rooms with bathtub, TV B: That’A: A standard room with double beds costs ￥120 and a room with a single bed costs ￥100. B: I want to book 3 rooms with double beds and one room with single bed.
17∶30. And your name?
B: I’m Li We Ling. Thank you.
42. Which city do you like best? What is your _________ _________?
43. To get from this village to that one usually takes 30 minutes.
_________ usually _________ 30 minutes to get from this village to that one.
44. Bruce has breakfast quickly every day. Bruce has a _________ _________ every day.
45. Bob is fifteen years old, and Paul is fifteen years old, too.
Bob is _________ old _________ Paul.
46. The boy didn't go to the zoo last weekend because he had a sore back.
The boy didn't go to the zoo last weekend _________ _________ his sore back.
47. What a nice girl she is! ________ ________ the girl is!
48. There are no differences between the two DVDs. This DVD is _______ _______ as that one.
49. Why don't you ask your brother for help? ________ ________ asking your brother for help?
50. She doesn't know how she can get to the shopping centre.
She doesn't know ________ ________ get to the shopping centre.
51.My aunt takes the bus to work every day.
My aunt goes to work ________ ________ every day.
52. 我将一直在这儿等到下午两点钟。（ leave until ）
53. 我认为一个好朋友能让我开心。（make ）
54. 如果你头痛得厉害，就应该早点上床睡觉。（have ）
56.昨天晚上他不得不在家照看小妹妹，因为父母都不在家。（ be out ） ________________________________________