1. What is your name?
2. What is the meaning of your name?
3. Are your working or studying?
4. Who gave you your name?
5. Do children read more now than before?
6. Do you like to read newspaper?
7. How much time do you spend in reading newspaper?
8. When you were young, what kind of book did you like to read?
9. What kind of book do young people like to read?
10. When did you begin to read newspapers?
11. How many kinds of newspapers are there in China?
12. Do you prefer to read local news or international news?
13. Do you think news is important in people’s life? Art
14. Tell me something about your favorite art.
15. Tell me something about your favorite music.
16. What kind of art did you do when you were a child?
17. What kind of art did you do when you were a child? House
18. Do you live in a flat or in a house?
19. Do you have garden in your house?
20. What do you have in your house?
21. Do you have decorations in your house? ( Ex. Decorations in the walls )
22. What can you see outside your window?
23. What is your favorite weather?
24. Tell me something about your school.
25. What is your impression of your school?
26. Do you like the teachers in your school?
27. Do you want to be a teacher?
28. What is the hardest part of your job?
29. What is good about being a student?
30. What kind of TV program do you like?
31. How can you get an access to English TV programs?
32. Do you think English programs are helpful?
33. How do people spend their holidays?
34. Do you think it’s important to have a vacation? Why?
35. Where is your hometown?
36. Are there any changes in your hometown now?
37. What is the best thing you have in your hometown?
38. What is the biggest problem in your hometown? School
39. Do you like your school?
40. Why did you choose this school?
41. Where do you study?
42. Do you prefer to study or work?
43. Do you like your course?
44. Tell me something about a happy event.
45. Tell me something about a happy event in your family.
46. Do you like your course?
47. What do you think about the internet?
48. What are the advantages of internet?
49. How do Chinese people celebrate their birthdays?
50. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
51. What kind of gift do you want to give your friend?
52. What kind of music do you like?
53. Do you have sports?
54. What is the importance of having a sport?
55. What kind of physical exercise do you like?
56. What do you usually do in the evening?
57. Do you like to go out in the evening? What do you usually do?
58. Do you think weekends are important?
59. Do Chinese people plant in their garden?
60. What kind of plants do you want to have in your garden? Transportation
61. What kind of transportation do you usually take?
62. Would you talk to people whom you met for the first time?
63. Why do you want to chat with other people?
64. What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
65. Do you like to wear formal clothes?
66. What is your opinion about wearing uniforms?
67. Can you judge a person by their clothes their wearing?
68. What do you dislike about household chores?
69. Do you think it is necessary for a child to help in household
70. Do you like to do housework?
71. What kind of housework do you usually do?
Describe a teenager
What are the differences between teenagers and children?
How have their lives changed in the last decade?
Until what age do you think they can qualify for being adults?
Until what age should they get married?
What role does the school play in the process of students turning from teenagers to adults?
What kind of attitude is generally shared by teenagers towards adults? Describe a person you admire
Describe a successful person
Why do you think he/she is successful?
How to succeed in your life? Please draw on your personal experience
Do you send books to others as gifts?
What kind did you read when you were a child？
Is it possible to continue part-time study while working?
Describe a visitor to your family
Do Chinese people have the tradition of paying a visit to your relatives or friends on a regular basis?
What gifts do people send when visiting your friends?
Do visitors stay in the hotel or at home?
How to improve hotel service in general?
Describe a friend you meet at school
Should government provide financial assistance to the elderly people? Describe a person who is good at his or her job
Is it the responsibility of universities to help students to find their ideal jobs?
What sort of jobs suit young adults and what sort of jobs suit elderly people? Should an age limit be imposed on certain jobs?
Should companies have the responsibility of providing training to young people? How is company training carried out?
Describe a family event
How do you define happiness?
Describe a recent event that has made you happy
Do you think money is important?
Do you think money can give you happiness?
Can old people get happiness？
Describe a physical activity
What are your favorite physical activities?
Why do you like them?
What kind of sports do you usually engage yourself in?
Why do you prefer to go to the gym?
Describe a recent change in your life
Do old people like to change their lives?
Do young people like changes?
What’s your opinion towards switching jobs on a regular basis?
Describe a magazine
What are the differences between magazine and newspaper and other forms of mass media such as the Internet?
Describe an interesting news you read on newspaper or TV
How often do people in your country read newspaper?
Which one is a popular medium for obtaining information, radio or TV? Do you think we should have more entertainment news in the future? Which one is more important, local news or international news?
Describe a photograph
Do you like painting or taking photographs?
Why do some people not like taking photographs?
What sort of pictures are considered most appealing to people?
Describe a film
Describe a good law
Do you think the “one-child” policy in China is considered a good law? Should we tell our children stories concerning robbing the rich so as to help the poor people？
Should we comply with laws?
Describe a website you have visited that is useful to you
How did you manage to find this website?
Why do you choose to talk about this website?
What’s the range of people using Internet in your country?
What do you think about online shopping?
How would you convince an elderly person to learn to use the Internet if he had never used it before and was resistant to modern technology?
Describe a picture
Describe a skill you want to learn
Describe a letter you have received
Describe a book you have recently read
Describe one particular regulation employed during Olympic Games
What performances have you watched and with whom?
What game have you played in your childhood?
Describe a program
Describe a useful tool
Describe the help you have received before
Why do modern people not like to help others?
How should help others?
How to cultivate our children to develop the habit of helping others? Place
Describe a place you have studied or worked
When and where did you work?
How do you think about the workplace?
How do you plan your work?
What do you want to do in the future?
Do you think women should stay at home as a full-time housewife or go out to look for jobs?
Why do you like the university you have studied in?
What’s your plan after graduation?
Are there any beautiful views in your university?
Is it necessary for university to purchase teaching equipment?
Describe a place you can listen to music
Describe a shop that you like to visit
Why do some people not like to go shopping?
What are the differences between big shops and small shops?
Apart from shops, is there any other ways that people can buy things?
What are some of the problems in cities?
What are some of the environmental problems caused in cities? Describe a place you would like to introduce to your friends Describe a city you like
Describe a polluted city
Describe a garden you like
Do you think garden is important?
Should people in the city know much about the country life? Animal
Describe an interesting animal
Are you a vegetarian?
Should animals be kept in cities or countryside?
What are some of the problems related to raising pets?