1. Mr. Wang is very friendly, and _____ like him very much.
A. we B. us C. our D. ours
2. Not you but I ________ to answer for it.
A. are B. am C. is D. be
3. The reading room _______ very quiet. I enjoy reading books there.
A. am B. is C. are D. be
4. Money is important,________ it can’t buy everything.
A.for B.but C.or D.so
5. He is too old _______ the box.
A. to carry B. carrying C. carry D. carries
6. Don’t make me _______ this or that. I’m too busy.
A. to do B. do C. doing D. done
7. If you work hard, you'll get good _______.
A.grades B. notes C. lessons D. answers
8. There is good _______for you. I’ve found your lost watch.
A. news B. ideas C. messages D. thoughts
9. —Must I clean the room now?
—No, you _______. You can do it tomorrow.
A.mustn't B. must C. needn't D. need
10. Is this a photo of your daughter? She looks _____ in the pink dress!
A. lovely B. quietly C. politely D. happily
11. You can’t find a way to reach your goals when you are proud _____ yourself and stand tall like a sunflower.
A. on B. from C. of D in
12. Write _______ and try not to make any mistakes.
A. as careful as possible B. as carefully as you can
C. most careful D. more careful
13. Because of Project Hope, ______ children have better lives.
A. thousand B. thousands
C. thousand of D. thousands of
14.All the ______teachers enjoyed themselves on March 8th,because it was their own holiday.
A. man B. men C. woman D. women
15. - Do remember to see a doctor tomorrow!
A. Got it B. Head it C. Made it D. Taken it
Friends are very important in our everyday life. Everyone friends. We all like to , sometimes we need to be alone. We don’t always want people
No two people are don’t get on well. That doesn’t mean that they no longer like each other. Most of the time they will make up (言归于好) and become again.
Sometimes friends move away. Then we feel very can them and write to them. And we can new friends. It is encouraging to find out how much we like new people when we get to know them.
There’s more good news for people who have friends. They live don’t. Why? Friends can make us feel happy. just done that someone cares. If some one cares about you, you take care of 1. A. loves B. hates C. needs D. becomes
2. A. It B. He C. There D. Someone
3. A. Hardly B. Nearly C. Suddenly D. Certainly
4. A. alone B. away C. all over D. around
5. A. ever B. never C. just D. really
6. A. friendly B. kind C. just the same D. quite different
7 A. always B. sometimes C. often D. usually
8. A. friendly B. good C. pleased D. friends
9. A. angry B. sad C. happy D. alone
10. A. call B. ask C. tell D. talk with
11. A. look for B. find C. make D. know
12. A. longer B. shorter C. slower D. faster
13. A. Smelling B. Being C. Sounding D. Making
14. A. less B. better C. little D. no
15. A. you B. your C. yours D. yourself
1．C。根据上文，friends are very important. 可以知道每个人都需要朋友, 故选needs。
2．A。这里应用it做形式主语，代替后面真正的主语，即to have a friend。
4．D。根据上一句we need to be alone，可以知道我们有时也不希望周围一直有人相伴，故选around。
6．C。根据句意，世界上没有两个人是相同的，故选just the same。
8．D。根据上半句they will make up可以知道产生分歧的朋友也会和好如初。故选friends。
12．A。根据上句中“good news”, 可以知道这里应该是长寿，又因为句中有than, 可以知道
词，前面应添上be动词，故选 being 。
You’re going to high school，aren’t you? Maybe you don’t know what to do. Well，here' s a list of the top six things to do when you’re in high school. These things will give you ideas of what your high school life could be like. Here you go!
(1) Find your passion(激情)and what kind of person you are: Whether it's dance, basketball，or drawing，the important thing is that you have found something you are interested in.
(2) Talk to people you wouldn’t usually talk to: Meet new people，find new friends and even talk to the people you don't like. It will show what a great person you are. You never know what will happen after high school.
(3)Take part in at least one contest(竞赛）：This will give you tears of laughter, happiness and memories.
(4)Get a job: This will help you see what it's like to have responsibility(责任). It can also help you make a little money to spend on yourself.
(5) Take a trip with your friends: It doesn’t matter where you go or what you do，the memories will happen on the way and go on till the final place.
(6)Do your best at school: Don’t ever get lazy. Working hard now will help you in the future.
1. The writer mainly tells you six things you should do ______.
A. in your high school years
B. at the beginning of your high school years
C. before your high school begins
D. after you finish your high school
2. The writer gives you advice that you should talk to the people you don’t like because______.
A. you will feel sorry if not B. it will show how great you are
C. you can show how clever you are D. you can make your study better
3. From point 3，we know that you can_______ in a contest.
A. get lots of tears B. have a strong body
C. get good grades in high school D. have different feelings and memories
4. Which of the following you’d better not do according to the passage?
A. Find your interest. B. Get a job.
C. Take a trip with your friends. D. Get lazy.
5. What’s the main idea of the passage?
A. Have a happy school life.
B. How to get along with your schoolmates.
C. ideas of successful high school life.
D. Make your school life easy.
The first robots were invented in the 1920s. Robots have appeared in many American films. In some films，they are stronger，faster and cleverer than people. In real life，robots are mainly used in factories. They do some dangerous and difficult jobs for humans.
Robots also help disabled people，for example，blind people. Today many blind people have a guide(向导)dog to help them. In the future，guide dogs might be robot dogs.
One kind of robot guide dog has wheels. It moves in front of the owner. It is very clever. It knows the speed of its owner's walk. The owner wears a special belt(带子).This belt sends instructions to the owner from the dog，such as“Stop here”，“Turn left”or" Turn right”.
In the United States，another kind of robot helps disabled people to take care of themselves in their daily life. The robot hears the sound of its owner's voice. It follows instructions such as“Turn the page" or" Make a cup of coffee”.
Robots are also used in American hospitals. They can do simple jobs. At one hospital，for example，a robot takes meals from the kitchen to patients' rooms. It never gets lost because this robot has a map of the hospital in its computer memory.
Though robots can help people in many different ways，they will never take the place of humans.
1 . From the passage，we know robots cannot be_____.
A. dangerous animals B. factory workers
C. guide dogs D. hospital Helpers
2 . A robot guide dog______.
A. goes in front of blind people B. walks side by side with blind people
C. has a map in its head D. helps patients with their meals
3 .The underlined word " disabled” means _______.
A.不能的 B.有害的 C.失灵的 D.残疾的
4. Some disabled people need robots' help to_____.
A. take care of themselves B .talk to other people
C. become scientists D. do dangerous jobs
5. In the passage，the writer wants to tell us that_______.
A. robots are stronger and cleverer than humans
B. disabled people cannot look after themselves without the robots
C. robots will take the place of humans some day in the future
D. robots can help humans in many different ways