(A) （B） (A) （B）
1. assembly line A.使计算机化 1. benefits package A. 福利待遇
2. distributor B. 砂轮 2. flowchart B. 流程图
3. computerize C.在运转中 3. human resources C. 人力资源
4. grinding wheel D 螺丝刀 4. professionalism D.，职业化
5. sprayer E. 吸尘器 5. learn the ropes E. 熟悉某一行业，
6. in motion F. 配电盘 6. file F. 档案
7. laser point G. 喷雾器 7. accountant G. 会计
8. vacuum cleaner H. 激光教鞭 8. provident fund H. 公积金
9. tweezers I.，生产线 9. passbook I. 银行存折
10. screwdriver J. 镊子 10. donation J. 捐款
二 单项选择(30 分)
11. My father raised ten _____and fifty_____on his farm
A. deer, sheep B. deers, sheeps C. deer, sheeps D. deers, sheep
12. The writer ______ his life ______ his writing
A. devoted…to B. devoted…in C. devoted…of D. devoted…at
13. He is going to ______his business A. give in B. give up C. give off D. give out
14. Would you please _______my child when I’m out?
A. look at B. look for C. look into D. look after
15. He could speak English as ______ the native speakers A. good B. well C. better D. best
16. I don’t take any money with me, he doesn’t take money, _______ A. either B. too C. also D. yet
17. We can’t afford______ a big house A. to buy B. buy C. buying D. to buying
18. I avoided _______him A. to meet B. meeting C. meet D. to meeting
19. The boy often made his classmates_______ A. laugh B. to laugh C. laughing D. to be laughed
20. I prefer ______at home to ______out
A. stay…walk B. staying…walking C. to stay…walk D.to staying…walking
21. They don’t have to do ____ today
A. much homework B. many homeworks C. many homework D. much homeworks
22. He said that two_______would come to our school the next day
A. woman scientists B. women scientist C. woman scientists D. women scientists
23. Every morning, Mr. Smith takes a ________to his office
A. 20 minutes’ walks B.20 minute’s walk C. 20-minutes walk D. 20-minute walk
24. If you go by ___ train, you can have quite comfortable journey, but make sure you get__fast one.
A. /,/ B. /,a C. the, a D. a, /
25. Mary was the ____of the _____students who climbed up to the top of the hill
A. nine, forty B. ninth, fortieth C. ninth, forty D. nine, fortieth
26. The road is_______
A. two thousand, five hundred metres long B. two thousands meters long
C. long one thousand five hundreds metres long D. a thousand and five hundreds metres long
27.___________birthday I got a new watch
A. In my ten B. On my ten C. In my tenth D. On my tenth
28. Study hard, _____ you won’t pass the coming English exam. A. and B. bu C. or D. if
29. He ran ____ fast ____he won the raceA. enough…to B. so…that C. too…to D. both…and
30. Though he studied hard, ________he didn’t pass the exam A. but B. / C. however D. and
31. Could you look after my cat _______ I’m away? A.until B.where C.while D.since
32. I hear ____walking on the moon is more difficult A. if B. that C. so D. whether
33. Read the sentences slowly ________we can understand what you read
A. so that B. before C. until D. because
34. ---Do you have a minute? I’ve got something to tell you
----0K, _______you make it short
A. now that B. if only C. so long as D. every time
35. Han Mei didn’t go to school_______she had a bad cold A. when B. while C. if D. because
36. English are to machines _______hearts are to animals A. as B. that C. what D. which
37._______bedroom is larger than______
A. Our, your B. Yours, theirs C. Theirs, ours D. Their, ours
38. The players from Europe are taller than _____from Asia A. those B. these C. that D. they
39. He found ________ impossible to walk out the problem by_____.
A. that, ourselves B. it, myself C. it, himself D. that, himself
40. ---Which do you prefer, coffee or milk?
----_____, thanks. I’d like some cool water A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. None
It was Friday again. Another weekend was coming at last! But Bill Smith wasn’t happy. At six o’clock his . Bill likes to get home in time for that. But then, minutes.“I can still get home in time if I hurry,”I’ll have to stop at Fenton’s,” he thought. ’s because it was a self-service petrol station.” You do all the work by yourself, but you ” he used to complain, at Fenton’s, the pump(泵)was not working properly and it minutes past six. Just then the phone rang,” Shall I answer it?” 41. A. popular B. funny C. favorite D. lovely
42. A. faster B. earlier C. slower D. sooner
43. A. looked B. climbed Crushed D. stepped
44. A. worried B. remembered C. thought D. noticed
45. A. liked B. hated C. passed D. reached
46. A. a little B. a lot C. he same D. much more
47. A. seconds B. hours C. days D. ages
48. A. away B. home C. up D. down
49. A. draw B. pull C. call D. fix
50. A. kept B. stopped C. finished D. missed
A couple from America ,Adam and Jane spent sixty days in a life-raft(救生艇)in the seas of Central America after the boat sank.
Twenty-one days after they left Panama in their boat, Simony, they met some whales(鲸鱼).“They
started to hit the side of the boat ,” said Adam ，“and then suddenly we heard water.” Two minutes later, the boat was sinking .They jumped into the lift-raft and watched the boat go under the water.
For twenty days they had tins of food, biscuit, and bottles of water. They also had a fishing-line and a machine to make salt water into drinking water---two tings which saved their lives. They caught seven to ten fish day and ate them raw(生的).Then the line broke. So we had no more fish until something very strange happened. Some sharks(鲨鱼)came to feed, and the fish under the raft were afraid and came to the surface. I caught them with my hands.”
About twenty ships passed them, but no one saw them. After fifty days at sea their lift-raft was beginning
to break up. Then suddenly it was all over. A fishing boat saw them and picked them up. They couldn’t stand up. So the captain carried them onto his boat and took them to Costa Rica .Their two months at sea was over.
1. 5Adam and Jane were traveling __________when they met some whales
A. in a life-raft B. in America C. in Simony D. in Panama
52. The whales hit the side of the boat, and then_________
A. they brought in a lot of water B. they broke the side of the boat
C. they pulled the coat D. they went under the water
53. After their boat sank, the couple________
A. jumped into the lift-raft B. heard water
C. watched the boat go under water D. stayed in the life-raft
54. During their days at sea, ___________saved their lives
A. tins of food and bottles of water B. a fishing-line and a machine
C. whales and sharks D. twenty passing ships
55. When they saw the fishing boat which later picked them up, _________
A. they were too excited to stand up B. they couldn’t wait to climb onto the boat
B. their life-raft was beginning to break up
D. they knew their two months at sea would be over
A. a newspaper B.telephone message C. a radio program D. a diary
57. We can know that Alan is probably a__________-
A. teacher B. waiter C. computer game designer D. computer producer
58. Alan is going to have a very important lunch in a restaurant at________
A.12:31 B.10:02 C.11:31 D.13:15
59. Why are Alan’s parents angry?
A. Because their son often misses the family lunch recently
B. Because their son will call Karen Miler to talk about their business
C. Because their son will design an interactive game
D. Because Daisy misses Alan very much
60. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Staff Rosen is Mr. Marshall’s assistant B. Alan kills enemies in the company
C. Alan lives in England and is always busy D. Alan likes to make phone calls
All of us need friends. Sometimes it is easy to make friends and be part of a group, but at other times, we feel alone and unwanted. It may be easy to make friends but difficult to keep friends. How do we make and keep friends? Here are a few tips:
Be a good listener. People love talking about themselves, so give them a chance by asking .Tell them a bit about your interests and hobbies.
Don’t pretend to be someone you are not .Be yourself. People who like you the way you are make the best
When someone is talking to you, be interested, not bored. If others are busy, don’t trouble them by
starting to chat.
If you have a ball or game to play with, ask others to join in. If you’re too shy to ask the “popular” kids,
ask someone who doesn’t have so many friends.
Compliment(称赞)others once in a while, but don’
Be helpful. Offer your pencil or pen if someone has forgotten theirs. Take part in a project actively.
Everyone loves a cheerful person. Greet people with a smile. Make a joke or two.
Remember, you can’t ask others to be your friends, just be friendly!
61. It is easy to make friends, but it isn’t easy to_________
A. get friends B. be part of a group C. keep friends D. need friends
62. I f you want to be a good listener, you must__________
A. talk about ourselves B. give people a chance to talk about themselves
C. talk about their interests D. talk about their activities
63. When we have a ball or game to play with. We ________to join in
A. must ask the “popular” kids B. only ask someone who has fewer friends
C. can talk all the kids D. can ask others
64 .The underlined phrase “go overboard” means ____in Chinese
A.过分热情 B.出国 C. 复习 D向船外
65. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Offer your pencil or if someone has forgotten theirs
B. Everyone should greet people with a smile
C. Everyone doesn’t like a on the back
D. Don’t pretend to be someone you are not
Honey can do three kinds of jobs.
The honeybee is one of the most unusual insects in the word. Bees are special because they divide up their work. Each bee a certain job to do.
The busiest bee is the worker. Workers build the nest, called a hive. Inside the hive, workers make a honeycomb from wax(蜂蜡). They store honey there for food. Workers are always cleaning and fixing the hive. They even stand at the opening and fan their wings to cool the hive. Workers bees will attack anything-----even people -------to keep their hive safe. Another kind of bee is the drone(雄蜂). Drones are male bees, and their job is to fly with the queen bee and mate with her. After the queen mates the worker bees drive the drones away. The drones then stave to death.
The third kind of bee is the queen. Each hive needs only one queen, and her job is laying eggs. She can lay as many as 2,000 eggs a day.
66. The bee’s next is called a _______.A. drone B. honeycomb C. hive D. wax
67. Wax is used to make the________ A. nest B. honeycomb C. fan D. hive
68. Which jobs do workers do?
A. They lay 2,000 eggs each day and build a nest
B. They mate with the queen bee and then starve
C. They clean the hive and keep it cool
D. They attack the queen the
69. According to the story, bees_______
A. are they dangerous insects
B. will attack anything or anyone to protect the hive if necessary
C. are like any other insects that flies
D. eat each other food
70. The drone is driven away when its job is finished, because________
A. it attacked the workers B. it is no longer needed in the hive
C. the queen bee has died D. it ate the queen bee
A. At the school B. A t the bus stop C. At the airport D. In the hospital
71. William’s birthday is________
A. the 12th, August B. the 8th, December C. the 12th, December D. the 8th, August
72. Where is William from? A. American B. Spain C. England D. China
73. How long will William stay in the USA? A. Two weeks B. One week C. Two months D. One month
74. Why did William visit the USA?
A. Because he wanted to find a job B. Because he would like to travel
C. Because he needed to see his family D. Because he planned to do some business
75. Where will you find the card? A. At the school B. A t the bus stop C. At the airport D. In the hospital
79. .How tall the building is !________________________________________________________________
80. If you want to know more about us, don’t hesitate to contact us.
81. When I was a boy, I used to go camping with my classmates and teachers every summer.
82. In my opinion, nothing is more valuable than health.
83. When we arrived at the park, the great dance party had already begun.