31．______ Greens are going to America by ______ plane this summer vacation.
A. The; the B. The; / C. /; the D. /; /
32. ---I have great ______ in learning English. Could you help me with it ?
A. fun B. danger C. success D. difficulty
33. Li Ming is studying hard ______ he can pass the final exam.
A. because B. even though C. so that D. when
34. You should ______ your exam paper again and again before you hand it in.
A. make B. have C. check D. put
35. --- I’m sorry for being late. I wanted to be here earlier, but the traffic was too heavy. --- ______.
A. Glad to hear that B. That’s right
C. Thank you all the same D. Never mind
36. My friend’s mother bought a pet dog for her, but my mom has no time to buy ______ for me.
A. it B. one C. this D. that
37. ---Have you decided where to spend your summer holiday ?
---Not yet. We ______ go to Beijing.
A. must B. should C. need D. may
38. --- Could you tell me ______ ?
--- Just go straight. It’s on your right.
A. where the police station is B. what your name is
C. which country you come from D. why you like koalas
39. The girl ______ won the gold medal comes from Beijing Sunshine Secondary School.
A. who B. which C. what D. whom
40. Dad has been ill for a few years. He feels much ______ today, so he is sad.
A. well B. better C. bad D. worse
41. The new bridge ______ last year in the village, and it’s very easy to go to the town.
A. built B. was built C. has built D. has been built
42. ---How beautiful the dress is! I’ll take it.
---You’d better ______ first. I’m afraid it’s a bit small for you.
A. pay for it B. try it on C. take it off D. wait for it
43. ---I called you at seven yesterday evening, but there was no answer.
---Oh, I’m sorry. I ______ dinner at my friend’s house.
A. am having B. was having C. had D. have
44. It’s said that ______ of the water around the world ______ polluted.
A. two third ; has B. two thirds ; have
C. two third ; are D. two thirds ; is
45. ---We are going on a school trip tomorrow.
A. Excuse me B. I’m sorry to hear that
C. You’re welcome D. Have a good time
46. None of the shoes in the shops are the right size. They are _____too big ____too small.
A. both; and B. neither; nor C. either ;or D. not only; but also
47. ---Happy Teachers’ Day! Here are some flowers for you.
---_______ beautiful flowers they are! Thank you!
A. How B. How a C. What D. What a
48. ---What’s wrong with you, sir?
---My flight _______ ten minutes ago. What should I do?
A. took up B. took off C. got on D. got off
49. I think ______ can make Andy change his mind. He is such a person who never gives up
A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything
50. --- Do you mind if I smoke here ?
--- ______ You can go to smoke in the next door.
A. Yes, please. B. never mind. C. You’d better not. D. Of course not.
Who did this?” asked my teacher. Forty children tried to “Who did this?” she asked again. She wasn’t really asking, she was demanding（要求） an asked, “Who broke this window?”
“Oh, oh,” I thought. I was the one who（故意）. It was caused by a bad throw of baseball. Why did it have to be me?
If I admitted（承认） that? “My father will get mad at me,” I thought. I didn’t want tomy hand, but some force（力量） much stronger than me pulled it up. “I did it,” then I was 57 .It was hard for me to say anything.
My teacher went to the bookcase and took down a book. Then she began walking towards how she would punish （处罚）me.
“I know you like birds very much,” she said as she stood looking down at my face. “ Here is be punished. But remember, it’s only for your honesty（诚实）.”
I couldn’tpunished and I got my own bird field guide. It was the very book that I was saving up all my money to buy.
51. A. talk B. think C. worry D. tell
52. A. never B. often C. sometimes D. always
53. A. wood B. paper C. glass D. book
54. A. made B. broke C. repaired D. got
55. A. out of B. away from C. into D. onto
56. A. hide B. show C. raise D. broke
57. A. silent B. happy C. tired D. important
58. A. knew B. wondered C. predicetd D. understood
59. A. yours B. mine C. theirs D. ours
60. A. forget B. remember C. believe D. know
Shyness means feeling frightened when you’re around other people. Some children are shy. Some become very shy later because of their life experience. , everybody gets a little shy sometimes. It’s just how much they feel shy.
Most people have red faces and talk in sentences（句子） when they are shy. But
some become shy that they won’t go to a restaurant because they are too nervous to and pay for their food. Some are afraid of meeting people, so they seldom go outside. This kind of shyness can be for a person.
If shyness doesn’t stop you from doing something you want to do, being shy isn’t a big （专家） say shy people are good at working because they think more and less. But remember not to let good opportunities（机会） pass you by just because of it. If you have to sing a song at a birthday party or give some performances in front of others, just do it. There’s nothing to 61. A. shown B. born C. thought D. seen
62. A. For example B. In fact C. So far D. First of all
63. A. broken B. strange C. different D. boring
64. A. very B. too C. quite D. so
65. A. pack B. order C. cook D. serve
66. A. new B. foreign C. old D. friendly
67. A. good B. helpful C. bad D. usual
68. A . question B. example C. excuse D. problem
69. A. do B. talk C. get D. sleep
70. A. think about B. pay attention to C. worry about D. be afraid of
A: Hi, Wang Na. How was your Qingming Holiday?
B: Hi, Li Jie.
A: Really? Where did you go?
If you have no special plans for your holidays, why not spend your time helping others?
Don’t listen to people who say that young people today often think only of themselves. It’s not true at all. More and more young people in the USA volunteer to spend their school holidays working for others. And they don’t do it for money. Here are some of their stories.
76.Young people in the USA volunteer to spend ____ helping others.
A, school holidays B. weekdays C. every morning.
77.What does Alice volunteer to do in summer?
A. To sleep under the stars. B. To spend the whole summer living in a tent
C. To help build new hiking paths in the mountains. B: A: What did you do there? We offered some food and wine and burned the paper gifts for them. A: Yeah, it’s the time for us to remember them. B: A: I went to the Martyr Cemetery (烈士陵园) with my family. We carried some flowers and visited those who died for our country in the wars. B: You are right. We really should learn from them and start working hard now. A: We climbed the Dashu Mountain! It was very nice!
78.From the passage, we know that Jason Moore _____.
A. likes reading B. is 18 years old C. isn’t very rich
79.________ wants to be a teacher.
A. Alice Hamilton B. Jason Moore C. Trish Anderson
80.Which is the most possible title for this passage?
A. Reading for Life. B. The Forest Center C. Young American Volunteer.
In fact, teachers are around us in life. Everyone and everything can be our teacher. These days, my great teacher is my dog, Angel.
He appeared on my doorstep a year ago — tiny, black and wet. It was raining and he was there, trying to stay dry and get warm. I brought him in and we became friends quickly.
In the year with him, he has taught me many things. He shows me that one must drink much water. He shows me love for life — with joy, excitement and pleasure. When something wonderful is coming his way, he gets so excited, even a usual morning walk!
And he knows how to ask for love and how to accept it. Many times when I’m working, he’ll walk up beside me and stand quietly. If I’m busy and don’t notice him, he’ll simply walk away. At other times, he’ll bring in his toys one at a time — a silent invitation for me to come and play. He reminds (提醒) me that there is always time to play and the opportunities (机会) are always there. He reminds me that I need to take short play breaks during the day —always stretches when he gets up), to say hello to the person in the next room and just to...
81. The passage mainly writes about a _______.
A. bird B. cat C. dog D. fish
82. One year ago, Angel appeared _______.
A. tiny and wet B. tiny and warm C. wet and warm D. dry and warm
83. Sometimes Angel brings his toys in one at a time because _______.
A. he likes playing with his toys B. he would like some water to drink
C. he needs to go out for a walk D. he wants to invite the writer to play with him
84. The underlined word “” probably means _______.
A. 伸展 B. 收缩 C. 喷嚏 D. 哈欠
85. The writer sees Angel as his teacher because Angel _______.
A. shows him how to drink water.
B. teaches him many useful things in life.
C. reminds him that there is always no time to play.
D. knows how to ask for love and how to refuse it.
An earthquake( 地震) may happen at any time. It's best for us to know what to do, where to be Remember: Prepare your personal earthquake bag. Collect these items and keep them somewhere near you. Water ,food, medicine, mobile phone, torch (手电筒), personal washing things ,blanket ,money .
Remember: Drop, Hide, Hold and Contact.
Drop to the floor and protect your head and neck with your arms.
Hide yourself beside something like a table, a bed and so on.
Hold the furniture so that you won't move away during the earthquake.
Contact family friends to tell them where you are.
Remember: Never do these things.
Stand close to the buildings ( because they may fall on you. )
Stand under the trees or signs ( because it's better for you to stand in an open space. )
Go too close to the power lines ( 电线) ( because you may be badly hurt by electricity. )
" in Chinese.
A．联络 B．求救 C．接触 D．帮助
87. According to the passage, how many items should be kept in your personal earthquake bag?
A. Six. B. Seven. C. Eight. D. Nine.
88. We should hold the furniture so that _________.
A. we won't move away during the earthquake B. we can hide under it
C. it can protect our heads and necks D. we can protect the furniture
89. It is safer for you to stand _________ during the earthquake.
A. close to a building. B. in an open space.
C. beside power lines. D. under a tree
90. Which is the best title of this passage?
A. The Reasons of the Earthquake. B. Different Kinds of Earthquakes.
C. The Personal Earthquake Bag. D. It's Better to be Safe than Sorry.
People call him the mad scientist, but J. Craig Venter, has never stopped
working to try to create life. Last month, he and his team made great progress.
They created the world’s first artificial cell (人造细胞). They hope they
can use it to make new kinds of life in the future. Venter believes the new kinds
of life will produce food, oil, and medicine for us.
It’s not the only news Venter is making. In another project, he and his
team are traveling the seas and collecting microbes (微生物). Venter hopes that
by studying them, they can make new microbes that can take in CO?.
He has also learned more about himself by mapping his own DNA. The results have changed what he eats and the way he lives, since he found his heart problems.
Venter was born in California, US in 1946. When he was young, he did badly at school. In 1967 he served in Vietnam at a hospital. There he dealt with thousands of deaths. “I had to learn what death really meant,” he said, “that is where my sense of responsibility (责任) comes from.” That experience changed his life. Venter returned to the US after the war and studied medical science for five years. In 1984 he joined a US government programme to do research on human genes (基因). Later he set up his own research company.
“A doctor can save maybe a few hundred lives, however, a researcher can save the whole world.” he said.
91. The latest news about J. Craig Venter and his team is _______.
A. creating world’s first artificial cell B. making new life with artificial cell
C. producing food and medicine with new life D. stopping working to try to create new life
92. According to the passage, which is NOT TRUE about Venter and his team?
A. They are traveling the seas and collecting microbes.
B. They have already made new microbes that can take in CO?.
C. He has mapped his own DNA to learn more about himself.
D. He has changed his way to live according to his DNA map.
93. Where does Venter’s sense of responsibility mostly come from?
A. His study life at school in the early years.
B. His experience of dealing with death in Vietnam.
C. His study in medical science for 5 years.
D. His research on human genes in a government program.
94. Venter decided to be a researcher in order to _______.
A. learn about himself and improve his health B. set up his own company and make money
C. save a few hundred lives as a doctor does D. create new life and save the whole world
95. “_______” may be the best title for the passage.
A. Bringing new life B. Colleting microbes C. Mapping DNA D. Studying medici
96. When we climb the hill on Sundays , Jack always ________ ( 到达) at the top first.
97. Everyone makes _________ (错误). Don’t worry.
读者) are so crazy about Guo Jingming’s books.
100. Everyone should try to be _________（有礼貌的） and helpful to others.
Thanks for your last letter. I am very happy to tell you something about my middle school
______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ What about you? Can you write to tell me something about your school life?
31-35 BDCCD 36-40 BDAAD 41-45 BBBDD 46-50 CCBCC
51-55 BACBC 56-60 CABAC 61-65 BBADB 66-70 ACDBD
76-80 ACBCC 81-85 CADAB 86-90 ACABD 91-95 ABBDA
96. arrives 97. mistakes 98. driest 99. readers 100. polite
One possible version
Thanks for your last letter. I am very happy to tell you something about my middle school life. My favourite subject is English, because I like my English teacher, Mr Zhang. He is a very kind and friendly man. We are all interested in his class. With his help, I have made a lot of progress in my English.
In my spare time, I like reading best. I think I can learn a lot from books. And I often play basketball with my friends,too. It makes me strong and healthy. My favourite star is Yao Ming, and I want to be a successful basketball player like him in the future.
What about you? Can you write to tell me something about your school life?