1. —Happy new year. —_______________.
A.That’s OK B. All right C.The same to you D. Right
2. —May I speak to Mary, please ? —_________________.
A.Yes, you are right B. Speaking C.Thank you D. She is fine
3. —Sorry, Sir. I made a mistake again.
—_________. Practice more and you will do better.
A. Never mind B. I’m not sure C.You’re welcome D. Don’t mention it
4. —You can play the piano well, you are a clever boy. —_______________.
A.Sorry, you don’t B. Thank you C. It’e OK D. That’s all right
5. —My father is ill in hospital, I’m looking after him. —_____________.
A. Not at all B. I’m afraid C.I’m sorry to hear that D. It doesn’t matter
6. —What’s the date today ? —_____________.
A. It’s June 23rd B. It’ s Saturday C.It’s twenty to two D. It’s rainy
7. —Don’t smoke here, please. —_____________.
A. No problem B. Never mind C. Sorry, I won’t D. Sure
8. —___________ is it from here to Xing Yi Hotel ?
—About twenty minutes’ walk.
A. How far B. How long C. How often D. How soon
9. —Could you please me the dictionary ? —_______________.
A. Yes, could B. Sure, here you are
C. No, I couldn’t D. No, that’s no problem
10. —Let’s go swimming __________ going hiking, shall we ?
A. as well as B. in order to C. in addition to D. instead of Ⅱ.单项填空。（20小题，每小题1分，共20分）
11. We have breakfast at home every day.
A. / B. a C. the D. An
12. —Where is you father ? —He__________ Beijing.
A. Has been to B. has gone to C. Has gone D. has been
13. —_____________beautiful skirt ! —Thank you .
A. What B. What a C. How D. How a
14. —How many__________ are there in your school ? —Twenty .
A. woman teachers B.woman teacher C. women teacher D. women teachers
15. The old man is so lonely that he hopes to know about_______ every day .
A. special something B. special anything
C. something special D. anything special
16. Nowadays ___________ of business letters are written in English .
A. two third B. two thirds C. two three D.second three
17. All of you went to the zoo ________ Wang Hai . He had to look after his grandma .
A. besides B. with C. except D. Beside
18. —Mike , please turn down the music , _______ Lucy ______Lily are sleeping . —Sorry , I’ll do it right away .
A. neither; nor B.either; or C. both; and D. not only; but also
19. —Remember this , children . _______careful you are , _______mistakes you will make . —We know , Mr. Li .
A. The more; the more B.The fewer; the more
C. The more; the fewer D. The less; the less
20. Sometimes it rains _________in Guizhou in summer .
A. heavily B.heavy C. strong D. strongly
21. —Could you please tell me _________________ ?
—She is under the big tree over there .
B. where is Miss Zhou B.where was Miss Zhou
C. where Miss Zhou was D. where Miss Zhou is
22. —Physics _______more difficult than math , do you think so ?
—No , I don’t think so .
A. are B.has C. were D. Is
23. _________ two soccer games in our school next week .
A.There is has B.There are have
C. There are going to be D. There is going to be
24. —Must I finish my homework now ?
—No , you __________ . You can do it tomorrow .
29.can’t B. needn’t C.may not D. mustn’t
25. —Do you know if she _______ to visit us ?
—I think she will come if she ________ free tomorrow .
A. comes ; is B. will come ; is C. comes ; will be D. will come ; will be
26. — —It’s very delicious .
A.What do you like B. How do you like C. Do you like D. Do you think of
27. —Excuse me , how long can I keep the book ?
— A. give it away B. come up with it C. give it back D. lend it again
28. A. is afraid of B. is ready for C. is full of D. is good at
29. A. dark B. funny C. interesting D. difficult
A. thinks of B. find out C. thinks about D. looks for
Once there was a rich man in a village . He never gave anything to help others. The didn't like him . One day he said to them . “ I know you don't like me . I will give everything I have to you I die. Then everyone will be happy. ”
But nobody believed him . The rich man couldn't why they didn't believe him. One day he went for a by the lake . Under a tree he happened to hear a pig and a cow The pig said to the cow , “ why everybody likes you and nobody likes me? After I die, people with pork , ham , etc . I give three or four things to them. But you give only one thing Why do people like you all the time and not me. ”
The cow said “ Look , I give them milk while . They see that I am generous(慷慨的)with what I But you don't give them anything before you die . You give them ham, pork and so on only after you're dead. People don't believe in the future; they believe in the . If you give while you are living , people will like you.It is quite simple. ”
From that moment on , the rich man did all his best to helo the poor .
31. A.strangers 32. A.when 33. A.ask 34. A.walk 35. A.fighting 36. A.feed 37. A.milk 38. A.happy 39. A.eat 40. A.past
B.villagers B.because B.remember B.meal B.shouting B.provide B.ham B.afraid B.drink B.present
C.officers C.since C.discover C.visit C.talking C.bring C.pork C.alive C.like C.rich
D.workers D.until D.understand D.help D.joking D.help D.beef D.lonely D.have D.poor
The first robots were invented in the 1920s. Robots have appeared in many American films . In some films, they are stronger, faster and cleverer than people .
In real life , robots are mainly used in factories. They do some dangerous and difficult jobs for humans.
guide(向导) dog to help them. In the future, guide dogs might be robot dog.
One kind of robot guide dog has wheels. It moves in front of the owner. It is very clever. It knows the speed of its owner’s walk. The owner wears a special belt(带子). This belt sends instructions to the owner from the dog, such as “Stop here”, “Turn left” or “Turn right”.
In the United States, another kind of robot helps disabled people to take care of themselves in their daily life. The robot hears the sound of its owner’s voice. It follows instructions such as “Turn the page” or “make a cup of coffee”.
Robot are also used in American hospitals. They can do simple jobs. At one hospital, for example, a robot takes meals from the kitchen to patient’s rooms. It never gets lost because this robot has a map of the hospital in its computer memory.
Though robots can help people in many ways, they will never take the place of humans.
41. From the passage , we know robots cannot be_______ .
A. dangerous animals B. factory workers C. guide dogs D. hospital helpers
42. A robot guide dog_______ .
A. goes in front of blind people B. walks side by side with blind people C. has a map in its head D. helps patients with their meals
43. The underlined word “disabled” means______ .
A. 不能的 B. 有害的 C. 失灵的 D. 残疾的
44. Some disabled people need robots’ help to _______ .
A. take care of themselves B. talk to other people
C. become scientists D. do dangerous jobs
45. In the passage, the writer wants to tell us that_______ .
A. robots are stronger and cleverer than humans .
B. disabled people cannot look after themselves without the robots .
C. robots will take the place of humans some day in the future .
D. robots can help humans in many different ways .
Years ago, I lived in a building in a large city. The building next door was only a few feet away from mine. There was a woman who lived there, whom I had never met, yet I could see her seated by her window each afternoon, sewing or reading.
After several months had gone by, I began to notice that her window was dirty. Everything was unclear through the dirty window. I would say to myself, “I wonder why that woman doesn’t wash her window. It really looks terrible.”
One bright morning I decided to clean my flat, including washing the window on the inside. Late in the afternoon when I finished the cleaning, I sat down by the window with a cup of coffee for a rest. What a surprise! Across the way, the woman sitting by her window was clearly visible. Her window was clean!
Then it dawned on me. I had been criticizing (批评) her dirty window, but all the time I was watching hers through my own dirty window.
That was quite an important lesson for me. How often had I looked at and criticized others through the dirty window of my heart, through my own shortcomings?
Since then, whenever I wanted to judge (评判) someone, I asked myself first, “Am I looking at him through my own dirty window?” Then I try to clean the window of my own world so that I may see the world about me more clearly.
46. The writer couldn’t see everything clearly through the window because _________.
A. the woman’s window was dirty B. the writer’s window was dirty
C. the woman lived nearby D. the writer was near-sighted
47. The writer was surprised that ____________.
A. the woman was sitting by her window B. the woman’s window was clean
C. the woman did cleaning in the afternoon D. the woman’s window was still terrible
48. “It dawned on me” probably means “__________”.
A. I began to understand it B. it cheered me up
C. I knew it grew light D. it began to get dark
49. It’s clear that __________.
A. the writer had never met the woman before B. the writer often washed the window
C. they both worked as cleaners D. they lived in a small town
50. From the passage, we can learn __________.
A. one shouldn’t criticize others very often
B. one should often make his window clean
C. one must judge himself before he judges others
D. one must look at others through his dirty window C
Taking away a city's rubbish is a big job. Every day trucks come into a city to collect it. Most rubbish is made up of things we can't eat or use. If we kept these things we would soon have a mountain of rubbish.
In some cities the rubbish is collected and taken outside of city to a dump. Often the city dump is placed where the ground is low or there is a big hole. The kitchen rubbish is broken into toilets, bathtubs and other places.
To keep mice and flies away, some earth is used to cover the newly dumped rubbish. Later, grass may be planted on the rubbish-filled land. Finally, a house or a school may be built there, and then you'd never know that this had once been an old rubbish dump.
In other cities the rubbish is burnt in special places. The fire burns everything but the metal. Sometimes the metal can be used again in factories where things are made of metal. The food parts of rubbish are put in special piles where they slowly change into something called humus, which looks like black earth. It is rich with the kinds of things that feed plants and help them grow.
51. You can most probably read the passage in_________.
A. a science book B. a TV guide C. a history book D. a telephone book
52. The main idea of the passage is_________.
A. to let us know taking away rubbish is a big job
B. to explain the need for rubbish collection
C. to introduce different ways to treat rubbish
D. to tell people to take useful things out of rubbish
53. The underlined word "sewage" in the passage means_________.
A．排污 B．染色 C．洗涤 D．吸尘
54. According to the passage, the food parts of rubbish can be used again_________.
A. to feed animals B. to feed plants C. to build a house D. to make machines
55. How should we take care of a used metal box according to the passage?
A. By burning it off. B. By putting it in water.
C. By throwing it away. D. By reusing and recycling it.
56. There are many ______（乘客）waiting for train at Dingxiao Railway Station every day.
57. As we know________（星期天）is the first day of a week.
58. Do you know the _______ （首都）of America ?
59. How can we _____________ （筹钱）money for the poor children ?
60. Our country is a _______________（发展中的）country.
61. Let’s go to school on foot, _______ ________ ？（完成反意疑问句）
62. She spends an hour reading English every day.（改为同义句）
It _______ her an hour to ________ English every day .
________ _________ you learn English ?
64. Let’s hurry, or we will be late .（改为复合句）
________we don’t _________ , we will be late .
65. We must plant many trees and flowers in our hometown every year. （改为被动语态） Many trees and flowers must________ ________ in our hometown every year .
（ Mary —M ；Chen Li—C ）
C: Thank you very much. See you this afternoon.
M: See you.
71. Our teachers are always _________to us.
72. Today is Mary’ birthday. Let’s go and celebrate it .
73.Lots of foreign _________ love coming to China for their holidays.
74. You can find Guizhou on the map_________ .
75. There are five __________ workers at that factory.