1.It’s my cousin’s_______ (第二十三个)birthday next week.
2. August is the _______(最热)month in Suzhou, isn’t it?
3. Excellent teachers are usually _______ (感兴趣) in their students.
4.The Great Wall of China is one of the _______ (奇迹) of the world.
5. Do you know the difference _______ (在….之间)”beside” and “besides”.
6.We visit the home for the elderly _______ (一次) a month.
7. Have you ever _______ (写) a letter to your parents?
8. Would you like to _______ (分享) your experiences with me.
9. This book is of great _______ (价值) to beginners.
10. _______ (实际上)，we still have a lot more to learn.
11. Our knowledge of the universe is ________（增长）all the time.
12. The ________（女）teachers will take part in the game next week.
13. Have you got any English books on those ________（书架）?
14. Please read the________（说明）before you operate the machine,
15. She was the ________（十九）to arrive here.
16. It is impolite to jump the________（排队）.
17. Do you know where trains are________（生产）?
18. Go________（直接）to school without stopping.
19. I haven't________（收到）a letter from my brother yet.
20. Are you sure it's nothing________（严重性）?
21. We all know that Millie has a (宠物) dog named Eddie.
22. We are going to celebrate the 90th birthday of our Party on (七月)1st, 2011.
23. A strong wind came from behind (突然) and we lost the umbrella in the wind.
24. The roads are becoming more and more (拥挤的) because of too much traffic.
25. I’d love to join you in the camping, but I (允诺) to go cycling with John yesterday.
26. I like going to school on foot. I___(很少)take a bus to school.
27. He ______(花费)five hours in finishing drawing the picture.
28 More and more _______(外国人)come to visit China.
29. Would you mind ____(重说)your suggestions? I didn’t hear it clearly.
30.They crossed the road in ______(安全).
( 1 )
One afternoon I took a trip to an art museum while waiting for my husband to finish a business meeting.1 was looking forward to a quiet view of the masterpieces（杰作）．
A young couple looking at front of me were chatting non-stop.1 watched this man for putting up with her babbling（喋喋不休）．Bored by their nose, I moved on.
I saw them again several times as I moved through the exhibits（展品）．Each time I heard
1 was standing at the museum gift shop buying some cards when the couple walked by towards the exit.
”He's if we were blinded at such a young age. But he and his wife come in whenever there's a new art show." X kb 1.co m
“But what does he “He can't see. His wife 1 learned something about patience, courage and love that day. I saw the patience of a
and the courage of a husband who this couple walk away holding each other's hands.
1. A. gifts B. maps C. books D. paintings
2. A. knew B. praised C. admired D. understood
3. A. slowly B. quickly C. happily D. easily
4. A. brave B. clever C. shy D. handsome
5. A. give in B. give up C. give away D. give off
6. A. make B. find C. know D. get
7. A. describes B. talks C. shows D. tells
8. A. hearing B. sight C. learning D. knowing
9. A. allow B. ask C. agree D. love
10. A, met B. knew C. learned D. watched
( 2 )
suddenly a young man asked us, "Do you want a hug（拥抱）?”He carried a sign in his hand which read "Free Hugo". I and noticed there were other young people with him. They all lifted their handmade signs high. The message was the same on all of them - Free Hugs!
she had in her heart,
"WOW!" he shouted. "That is the best hug I've had all day!"
Then the young man looked at me and asked, '6How about a hug?"
arms. We held a hug briefly（简短地）and parted at once.
of the young people offered hugs to them.
Not all the people accepted their offers, but the fact was that those who opened their arms in on their faces.
as if it were not a cold winter day. At that
times. We had little money and were heavily in debt（负债） all our problems because of a hug with love.
It took a simple hug to make everyone smile and make everything better.
16. A. as B. when C. while D. until
17. A. out B. down C. back D. round
18. A. strength B. interest C. love D. feelings
19. A. open B. warm C. special D. strong
20. A. received B. attracted C. admired D. accepted
21. A. kindness B. shyness C. smiles D. expressions
22. A. came B. sounded C. looked D. seemed
23. A. busy B. different C. tough D. lonely
24. A. bored B. worried C. surprised D. frightened
25. A. forgot B. solved C. met D. remembered
（ 1 ）
Have you ever seen a horse with toes(脚趾)? Millions of years ago, horses had many toes. They had four toes on each front foot. They had three toes on each back foot. The horses were smaller than cats.
These small horses lived in the forest. Their many toes helped the horses run over the soft wet ground.
It was very hot in the forest. But the weather changed. It became cold. Many trees couldn't live in cold weather. The trees died and fell. Open field took the place of(代替) forests. The sun made the ground dry and hard(坚硬).
Horses began to change too.They began to get bigger.This took a long time. On the dry hard land, horses needed only their middle toes for running. Their middle toes became hard. After a long time horses had only one hard toe on each foot. We call this hard toe a hoof(马蹄).
1. Long ago, the horse had four toes on each of its ______.
A. back feet B. front feet C. right feet
2. The cats were ______ the horses at that time.
A. much bigger B. smaller than C. bigger than
3. Which of the three sentences is true?
A. The weather stays the same the whole year all over the world.
B. When the weather changed, animals began to change too.
C. Cats were bigger in the past than they are today.
4.On the dry hard land ______.
A. horses needed a lot of room for running
B. a horse needed more than four toes for running
C. horses needed only their middle toes for running
5. Now each horse has ______ on its feet.
A. one toe B. three toes C. four toes
（ 2 ）
When we think of Hollywood, we think of films and famous film stars. They are part of Hollywood's history. Today people make films in other places too. Not all famous film stars live in Hollywood. But Hollywood is still a very special city in Los Angeles, California.
You can easily see where Hollywood is in Los Angeles. There is a big sing on the hills. It says "HOLLYWOOD". The white letters are fifty feet tall. You can see the sigh from far away. The Hollywood sign is a famous Hollywood landmark (标记) in Los Angeles. Many postcards show this famous Hollywood landmark.
In the hills of Hollywood, there is also the Hollywood Bowl. This is an open-air theater. It is one of the largest open-air theaters in the world. It has seventeen thousand seats and a very different stage(演奏台). The design(设计) of the stage was by a great American named Frank Lloyd Wright. You can listen to all kinds of concerts(音乐会) at the Hollywood Bowl.
1.The best title(标题) for the reading should be ____.
(A)Hollywood (B)Famous film And Film Stars
(C)The History of Hollywood (D)Famous Hollywood Sign
2.We learn from the reading that ____.
(A)"HOLLYWOOD" can just be seen from far away
(B)Hollywood is now a place only for travellers
(C)all the films are made in Hollywood
(D)Hollywood is one part in Los Angeles.
3.The word "special" in the reading means ____.
(A)new (B)rich (C)famous (D)unusual
4.At the Hollywood Bowl ____.
(A)all postcards are made (B)only 700 people can get together
(C)music can be enjoyed
(D)you can hardly listen to different kinds of concerts
5.It seems that ____.
(A)Some famous film stars don't choose to live in Hollywood
(B)film stars don't think Hollywood a good place to make film
(C)the Hollywood Bowl is largest than any other open-air theater in the world
(D)the Hollywood Bowl is a hill in Hollywood.
（ 3 ）
"We're going to move," Jimmy said to Mr. James her teacher, with tears(眼泪) in her eyes. "Dad lost his job and now we don't have enough money to live in our house." Pam was walking by and just heard Jimmy's talk with Mr.James.
In the lunchroom Pam met Carol and said, "I've got something to tell you about Jimmy." As she started to tell Carol about Jimmy's dad, several other classmates stopped to listen Pam felt bad telling what she had heard but she went on anyway.
After school, Pam saw some of her classmate's talking to Jimmy. "Where does your dad work?" one of the boys asked. Jimmy's face turned red. She left without answering. Pam felt terrible, because she didn't mean to hurt Jimmy. And she hadn't thought that some of the classmates would make jokes and laugh at Jimmy about her father's losing the job. Pom didn't know what she could do to help Jimmy.
1.The story wants to tell us ____.
(A)It's difficult to move away (B)girls don't like to talk to boys
(C)student's report to the teacher (D)secrets are hard to keep
2.Jimmys family had to move because ____.
(A)her father lost his job (B)they had a better place to live in
(C)her classmates were not kind enough
(D)her father changed his job
3.Jimmy's face turning red show that she didn't ____.
(A)feel well enough (B)know the answer
(C)want to talk about her father (D)want to leave others
4.Pam felt very sorry ____.
(A)and wanted to do something for Jimmy (B)but went to laughing at Jimmy
(C)so she stopped to listen to others (D)and left without answering
5.The whole story happened ____.
(A)in class (B)during and after school
(C)at Mr.James's office (D)in the lunchroom
（ 4 ）
My grandfather was a fine man. I loved him very much. But one day I told him a lie(谎话). I can not tell you now what the lie was. I was only seven years old then. Grandfather was not cross with me.
"Ask Jim to get a long ladder," he said. "My boy now jumps from the tops houses, up to the roof(屋顶)."
Jim brought the big ladder. Then Grandfather said,"My boy now jumps from the tops of houses. The ladder is for him."
I knew at once what his was telling me. I had often heard the old saying," A lie is a jump form the top of a house.
I said nothing. But I felt like crying.
The minutes went by. What would people think about the ladder? It stood by the front door. I was afraid ti might be there a long time. I had to do something！
At last I went to Grandfather. He was reading a book. I went up to him and put my face on his arm.
"Grandfather," I said, "I will not tell a lie again. We don't need the ladder now." Grandfather seemed very happy once again. He called Jim. "Take the ladder away," he said, "My boy does not jump from the tops of houses."
His words made me happy once again.
1.From the reading we can not know ____.
(A)whether the boy told a lie (B)what the lie was
(C)what Grandfather did with the boy (D)how the story ended
2.The word "cross" in the reading means ____.
(A)angry (B)surprised (C)happy (D)kind
3.Grandfather asked Jim to get a ladder to ____.
(A)see whether the boy could jump from the top of a house
(B)help the boy to climb to the top of the house
(C)let the boy know it was wrong to tell a lie (D)make the boy cry
4."What would people think about the ladder?" shows the boy was afraid people would ____.
(A)know what had happened (B)take the ladder away
(C)come to clean the roof (D)come to take care of Grandfather
5.AT the end of the story the result is ____.
(A)enjoyable (B)sad (C)not clear (D)untrue
假设你班上周就 “ Is it OK to tell white lies?” 开展了一场讨论，请你根据下表所提示的信息用英语写一篇短文， 简单介绍讨论的情况，并谈谈你自己的观点。
4.参考词汇： 善意的谎言 a white lie
Is it OK to tell white lies?