1. It's not_______ good idea to work hard for four hours without_______ break.
A. a; a B. the; a C. the; the D. a; the 2. Of the seven days in a week, Saturday is said to be the most popular_______ for a wedding in some countries.
A. way B. situation C. event D. choice
3.-I want a ticket to Hainan this afternoon, please.
- OK. Will you please_______ me your ID card?
A. tell B. serve C. show D. send
4. Little joy can equal_______ of a surprising ending when you read stories.
A. that B. those C. any D. some
5. Ten years ago the population of our village was_______ that of theirs.
A. as twice large as
C. twice as much as B. twice as large as D. as twice much as 6 - Every time the exam is over, I will_______ the results.
- Take it easy ! Grades are not our whole life.
A. be worried about
C- be good at B. be pleased with D. be satisfied with
7. Let's learn to use the problem we are facing now _______ a stepping-stone to future success.
A. to B. for C. as D. by
8. - Have you _______ some new ideas?
- Yeah. I'll tell you later.
A. come about
C. come up with B. come into D. come out
9. - Is there anything wrong, Tom? You look sad.
- Oh. nothing much. In fact, I_______ of my friends back home.
A. have just thought
C. was just thinking B. will just think D. would just think
10. - What type of mobile phone do you want to have? Something big?
- Well, it _______ be big - that's not important.
A mustn't B. needn't C. can't
11. - Could you give me a hand?
- Well, please tell me_______ it is first.
A. which B. how C. where D. what D. won't
12. - Didn't you see the sign "No Fishing!" on the right?
- Sorry, I didn't. But now I know fishing_______ here.
A. wasn't allowed
C. won't allow B. isn't allowed D. doesn't allow
13. - Why didn't you try your best to get on the subway?
- I tried to, but it started moving_______ I could get on it.
A. before B. after C. since D. if
14. - I see you go running every morning.
- Yes. To lose weight, I decide to exercise _______. Wish you good luck!
A. finally B. regularly C. secretly D. quietly.
15. - Would you please take this workbook to the teacher's office for me?
A. Never mind.
C. That's right. B. With pleasure. D. Don't mention it.
him. Then, one day, I finally walked to him.
.I said, “I could either give you a laptop,
and teach you how to write computer code, or give you $100 in cash." He was surprised, but I could see that it's the language of computer him for an hour.
and she planted in me the joy of learning. By the age of 12,I own business designing a way for him to turn things around. his job in 2011.I hope Leo will be offered a job one day after he has learnt how to write computer code.
16. A. at
17. A. educate B. in C. with C. help
C. choices D. on D. protect D. decisions B. surprise 18. A. rights B. duties
19. A. joy B. worry C. suffering D. sadness
D. shouted 20. A. imagined B. explained C. proved
22. A. love B. teach C. guide D. search B. competition C. imagination D. education
D. given up
D. if 23. A. set up B. cared about C. put up 24. A. unless B. though
25. A. lost B. found C. before C. refused D. got
三、阅读理解 (共 15小题;每小题2分,满分30分 )
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项 (A. B. C和 D)中,选出最佳选项,并在
It was a very foggy day in London. The fog was so thick that it was impossible to see more than a foot or so. Buses, cars and taxis were not able to run and were standing by the side of the
road. People were trying to find their way about on foot but were losing their way in the fog. Mr. Smith had a very important meeting at the House of Commons and had to get there but no one
could take him. He tried to walk there but found he was quite lost. Suddenly he stranger. The stranger asked if he could help him. Mr. Smith said he wanted to get to the Houses of Parliament. The stranger told him he would take him there. Mr. Smith thanked him and they started to walk there. The fog was getting thicker every minute but the stranger had no difficulty
in finding the way. He went along one street, turned down another, crossed a square and at last
after about half an hour's walk they arrived at the Houses of Parliament. Mr. Smith couldn't
understand how the stranger found his way. "It is wonderful," he said. "How do you find the
way in the fog?"
"It is no trouble at all to me," said the stranger, "I am blind."
26. According to the passage, we can infer that " A. 撞飞 B.偶然碰见 C.敲打 D.踩踏
27. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. The stranger has a better sight than Mr. Smith.
B. Heavy fog can cause traffic accidents.
C. It's easy to get lost on a foggy day.
D. The fog was getting thicker and thicker.
28. Why is it no trouble at all to the stranger to find the way in the fog?
A. Because he is a local inhabitant（当地居民） of London.
B. Because he lives next to the Houses of Parliament.
C. Because he is familiar with the route.
D. Because he finds the way not by sight but by heart.
29. This article mainly tells us that_______.
A. London is a foggy city
B. Mr. Smith works for the government
C. a blind stranger led the way for Mr. Smith on a foggy day
D. Mr. Smith had a very important meeting and lost his way in the fog
I'm pretty sure everyone wants to visit Europe at least once in their lifetime. Here's a list of the most amazing places to visit in Europe.
Wow, this is such a beautiful place in Italy. The Cinque Terre is a very beautiful national park, which connects five beautiful villages. Walking paths connect the villages, follow the coastline and offer hikes through hills. The villages remain unaffected by tourism.
Another Italian region, Tuscany is simply attractive. The buildings there are amazing, and the culture is special. From the historical center of Florence to the Cathedral of Pisa, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Make sure you check out the nature reserves, and enjoy a few bottles of the very famous wine. Lauterbrunnen
Since a school trip here, I've always wanted to revisit this city in Switzerland. The city always seems