(全卷共九个大题 满分: 150分 考试时间：120分钟)
1. A. How are you? B. Why not? C. Nice to meet you, too!
2. A. Never mind. B. Well done. C. Of course.
3. A. Me, too! B. Yes, I?d love to. C. Nothing serious.
4. A. Hold on, please. B. Not at all. C. I think so.
5. A. Good luck! B. That?s right. C. It doesn?t matter.
6. A. Have a good time! B. What a fine day! C. Just a minute.
7. A. Blue. B. Red. C. Black.
8. A. Behind the door. B. Under the bed. C. In the schoolbag. 9. A. Watching TV. B. Going shopping. C. Listening to music.
10. A. Lucy?s. B. Mr. Brown?s. C. Mary?s.
11. A. 60 dollars. B. 70 dollars. C. 80 dollars.
12. A. Next Friday. B. Next Saturday. C. Next Sunday.
13. Who is going to wash the car?
A. Mike. B. Alice. C. The father.
14. What will the girl buy for her father?
A. A coat. B. A jacket. C. A shirt.
15. Where does the woman want to go?
A. To the hospital. B. To the post office. C. To the museum.
16. How will the woman go there?
A. On foot. B. By bus. C. By bike.
17. Paul is head of _______.
A. the school B. the factory C. the team
18. Paul says there are many important and interesting activities _______.
A. each week B. each month C. each year
19. The students can find _______ in the New Student Handbook.
A. good news B. their homework C. the school map
20. This speech was probably made _______ of the term.
A. at the beginning B. in the middle C. at the end
II. 单项选择。 (每小题1分，共20分)
21. --- What time do you usually go to school, Jack?
--- ________ about half past seven.
A. On B. In C. At D. For
22. Help ________ to some fish, Jeff.
A. you B. your C. yours D. yourself
23. --- What?s your favorite ______, Bob?
--- Cats. They?re so lovely.
A. plant B. job C. sport D. animal
24. Jolin is _______ famous singer. She has a lot of fans.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
25. I?d like to have a try, ______ I may fail.
A. since B. though C. until D. after 26. Yesterday _______ people came to the town to watch the car race.
A. hundreds B. hundred C. hundreds of D. hundred of
27. There ______ more and more foreigners learning Chinese now.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
28. --- Would you like coffee or tea?
--- ________. Some water, please.
A. Both B. Neither C. Either D. All
29. I?ll ______ stay at that hotel again. It?s so dirty and noisy.
A. really B. usually C. still D. never
30. The man is feeling much better now, so you ______ call a doctor.
A. needn?t B. can?t C. mustn?t D. shouldn?t
31. --- Where is Linda? I can?t find her anywhere.
--- She ______ the flowers in the garden.
A. waters B. is watering C. watered D. has watered
32. You?d better ______ Oliver about it. It?s secret.
A. tell B. to tell C. not tell D. not to tell
33. Keep quiet, please! Talking _______ during the meeting.
A. is not allowed B. is allowed C. doesn?t allow D. allows
34. --- Will you be back before 10 o?clock?
--- _______. The exam won?t be over until eleven.
A. I hope not B. Here you are C. I?m afraid not D. Best wishes
35. She wants to _______ her job and go to study in Australia.
A. grow up B. wake up C. pick up D. give up
36. --- Could you please tell me ________?
--- Two months ago.
A. when did you take this photo B. when you took this photo
C. where did you take this photo D. where you took this photo
37. Your uncle will come to see you as soon as he ______ here.
A. arrives B. arrived C. will arrive D. is arriving
38. --- ________ have you been in Chongqing?
--- For five hears.
A. How many B. How soon C. How much D. How long
39. Come here at Christmas! You can buy ______ clothes in a year.
A. the cheapest B. cheaper C. the worst D. worse
40. --- Please remember to turn off the lights when you leave the room/
A. Yes, I do B. No, thanks C. OK, I will D. Sorry, I won?t
These days, some middle schools in China are trying to do something different.
The students choose classes according to their own needs. For each subject, they can make a choice from different levels (等级) of difficulty. So instead of staying in the classroom, they go to different rooms to have their lessons. And the teachers make special teaching plans for There are different opinions about it.
Xia Rui, a 13-year-old girl, said, “ I really love it. I think it?s nice that we can classes by ourselves. My English is poor. I used to be afraid to answer questions in class. I think that the good students may me when I make mistakes. Now I feel much more relaxed.”
But her classmate Chen Gang didn?t agree. “ I don?t think it is so good it is difficult for students to find where the classrooms are,” he said. “During the break, students can be seen here and there, running and shouting to find their .”
“I?m worried that some students may think they are in the lower class lose interested in the subject,” their math teacher, Mr. Wang said. “I also that some parents may feel unhappy if their kids study a subject at an easy level.”
“In my eyes, it is good both students and teachers,? Mr. Wang also said. “As teachers, we can make teaching plans more and the students will develop better.”
41. A. clean B. same C. bright D. empty
42. A. us B. him C. them D. you
43. A. play B. teach C. choose D. work
44. A. laugh at B. listen to C. look after D. wait for 3
45. A. whether B. because C. when D. before
46. A. parents B. friends C. books D. classrooms
47. A. and B. but C. till D. or
48. A. hope B. report C. cry D. worry
49. A. for B. at C. on D. with
50. A. slowly B. easily C. quietly D. brightly
IV. 阅读理解。 (每小题2分，共30分)
Henry worked on a ship, doing tricks (魔术). Each week he showed the same tricks over and over again, because the passengers on the ship were different. There was also a parrot on the ship. It saw the shows so many times that it understood everything. Then it started shouting during the show:
“Hey, he has put the flowers under the table!”
“ All the cards are the same.”
“Look carefully. It?s a different hat!”
Henry was very angry but could do nothing.
One day the ship had an accident and broke into pieces. Henry fell into the water. When he climbed up onto a piece of wood, he found the parrot there. He looked at the parrot angrily and did not say a word. This went on for one day, then another and another. In the end, the parrot said, “Oh, how I wish I hadn?t said anything during the shows. Please tell me where you?ve put the ship and I won\t open my mouth again!”
51. Henry worked on a ship, _______.
A. doing tricks B. playing with a parrot
C. selling flowers D. looking for his hat
52. The parrot saw the shows so many times that ________.
A. it knew where the ship was B. it became very angry
C. it didn?t want to say a word D. it understood everything
53. After the accident, Henry was on a piece of wood with ________.
A. some passengers B. the parrot C. some cards D. the table
Rulers are everywhere. When you?re reading at the library, playing basket on the playground or driving on the road, you?ll have to follow some rules. But have you ever read any rules on a
54. The passenger sitting in an exit seat ________.
A. must be under 15 B. needn?t speak English
C. must be healthy enough D. needn?t help others
55. If you are sitting in an exit seat, you can NOT ________.
A. explain the reason B. bring a pet with you
C. read Exit Seat Criteria D. move to another seat
56. This piece of Exit Seat Criteria may appear _______.
A. on the playground B. on a train C. on the road D. on the plane
57. The Chinese meaning of the word “meet” in this passage is probably “ _______”.
A. 遇见 B. 符合 C. 相信 D. 开会
A Cool Way to Keep Cool
We all know that foods will easily go bad if they get too warm. So we usually put them into our fridges to keep cool in hot weather. But can you make it without fridges?
In 1995, Abba, a teacher from Nigeria, found a cool way. His invention was called Pot-in-Pot Cooling System.
It uses two clay pots (陶罐). There is a smaller pot inside a lager one. The space between the two pots is filled with wet sand. Fruit, vegetables or drinks can be put into the smaller pot. A wet cloth covers the whole cooling system. Some foods can be kept fresh for several weeks in it.
Abba built five thousand pot-in-pot systems for the villagers in his hometown. Then people all over the country began using the invention. Soon it became popular with farmers in other African countries/
In 2000, Abba got a prize ---the Rolex Award. If you are trying to do something to improve human life, you may have the chance to get this prize.
58. ______ from Nigeria invented the Pot-in-Pot Cooling System.
A. A teacher B. A cook C. A scientist D. A worker
59. In the Pot-in-Pot Cooling System, you should put fruit and drinks ______.
A. under the wet sand B. outside the larger pot
C. between the two pots D. inside the smaller pot
60. Abba built five thousand pot-in-pot systems to help ________.
A. his family B. his students C. the villagers D. the school
61. Many farmers in African counties used Abba?s invention to ______.
A. store wet cloth B. get warm
C. keep foods fresh D. win a prize
Many people have great difficulty in saying goodbye. But from goodbye moments, we can always learn something.
Once, I overheard (无意中听到) a father and daughter in their goodbye moment. The father said, “I love you, I wish you enough/” The daughter answered, “Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your lover is all that I need. I wish you enough, too, Daddy.”
They kissed and she left … 5
The father walked over towards me. I could see he wanted and needed a cry. He came over to me and asked, “Did you ever say a forever goodbye to someone?” Before I could answer, he went on, “ I am old and she lives much too far away. I know her next trip back would be for my funeral (葬礼).”
“When you were saying goodbye I heard you say, ?I wish you enough.? May I ask what that means?”
He began to smile, “It?s a wish that has come down from my great-great-grandparents. And my parents used to say it to me.”
He stopped for a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it. He smiled even more.
“When we said ?I wish you enough,? we were wanting the other person to have a life full of enough good things.”
Then, turning towards me, he shared (分享) the following “wish” from his heart.
I wish you enough sun to keep you brigh.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep you alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish enough hellos to get you through the final goodbye.
My friends, I wish you enough.
62. Many people would find it difficult ___________.
A. to say goodbye B. to overhear others
C. to share their wishes D. to live too far away
63. How did the father get the “wish”?
A. The writer wrote it for him. B. His parents passed it down to him.
C. The teacher taught him at school. D. His daughter told him about it.
64. From the passage, we may learn _______.
A. the daughter didn?t understand his father
B. the old man didn?t want to see his daughter
C. the writer knew the old man very well
D. the father and daughter loved each other so much
65. The best title of the passage may be “________.”
A. Father and Daughter B. A Difficult Moment
C. Wish You Enough D. A Trip Back Home
At the age of four, Allman fell off a train and his eyes were badly hurt. Since then, he couldn?t see anything. It would be wonderful to see again, but bad luck may not be always bad.
In fact, although Allman became blind, he learnt to love his life more. But he had a hard time before he was successful.
The hardest lesson was to believe in himself and it had to start with the simplest things.
One day a girl gave Allman a baseball. He thought she was laughing at him and he was hurt. “I can?t use this,” he said. “Take it with you and roll () it around,” the girl smiled and said. Her words 6
got into his head. “Roll it around!” By rolling the ball Allman could hear where it went. This gave him an idea to do something he never thought of: playing baseball. Years after that, he invented a successful game of baseball for the blind. They called it ground ball.
From then on, Allman began to smile at life and achieved more dream.
66. Did Allman become blind after falling off the train?
67. Who gave Allman a baseball one day?
68. What did they call the game of baseball for the blind?
VI. 完成句子。 (每空1分，共8分)
69. Sandra enjoys her stay in the city. (改为否定句)
Sandra ________ _________ her stay in the city. 对划线部分提问)
_________ ____________ she have her singing lessons?
71. They get a letter from their son twice a month. (改为同义句)
They ________ ________ their son twice a month.
72. 因为下雨，我们决定将比赛推迟到明天。 (完成译句)
Because of the rain, we decided to _________ _________ the match until tomorrow. VII. 口语应用。 (每小题1分，共5分)
A: Bill, we?re too tired these days. B: OK. Where would you like to go?
A: Some new films are on this week. Shall we go to the cinema?
B: Which film would you like to see?
A: Let me look through the newspaper. Er … How about Coming Home?
B: Yeah, I?ve heard of it. It?s so moving!
A: Cross is a little far. Let?s go to UME.
B: Good. But look at the sky!
A: Yes. The newspaper says it will be rainy tonight.
A: The film will begin in two hours. We can go there after super.
B: All right.
VIII. 短文填空。 (每空2分，共16分)
If you read a clock, you can know the time of day. But how did the early people know about the time?
We cannot see or hear time. We know it only when it?s passing. We know it has passed only when something . In the real world, changes never stop. Some changes happen only once others happen again and again.
In early human history, people found that the changes of “light and darkness” seemed to again and again. The sun rises in the east, producing and goes down in the west, causing darkness. This “light and darkness” was the first “time” for the early humans. We now call it one day.
People also saw the sun rise in the sky, sometimes but sometimes lower. They counted the days that passed from the sun?s highest position (位置) until it returned to that position. That was three hundred and sixty-five days. That?s just one year.
Early humans also noticed changes of the moon. used the changing faces of the moon to tell time. The moon was “full” when its face was bright and round. The early humans counted how many times the sun appeared full moons. They learned that this number always remained the same ---about twenty-nine. Twenty-nine suns equaled (等于) one moon. We now know this is one .
In this way, we humans get the time of day, month, year and so on.
IX. 书面表达。 (15分)
2. 不能赴约的原因 (如发展爱好，走亲访友，花费太高等)；
I?m glad to receive your e-mail. ________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Best wishes.
I. 听力测试 (每小题1.5分，共30分)
II. 单项选择。 (每小题1分，共20分) 21-25 CDDAB 26-30 CBBDA 31-35 BCACD 36-40 BADAC
III. 完形填空。 (每小题2分，共20分)
41-45 BCCAB 46-50 DADAD
IV. 阅读理解。 (每小题2分，共30分)
51-53 ADB 54-57 CBDB 58-61 ADCC 62-65 ABDC
V. 任务型阅读。 (每小题2分，共6分)
66. yes, he did. 67. A girl. 68. They called it ground ball. /Ground ball. VI. 完成句子。 (每空1分，共8分)
69. doesn't enjoy 70. when will 71. hear from 72.put off
VII. 口语应用。 (每小题1分，共5分)
VIII. 短文填空。 (每空2分，共16分) 78. changes 79. but /while 80. happen 81. light 82. higher
84. before 85. month
IX. 书面表达。 (15分)
9 83. they