英 语 试 卷
（全卷共八个大题 满分：150分 考试时间：120分钟）
1. A. How are you? B. Why not? C . Nice to meet you, too!
2. A. Never mind. B. Well done. C. Of course.
3. A. Me, too! B. Yes, I’d love to. C. Nothing serious.
4. A. Hold on, please. B. Not at all. C. I think so.
5. A. Good luck! B. That’s right. C. It doesn’t matter.
6. A. Have a good time! B. What a fine day! C. Just a minute.
7. A. Blue. B. Red. C. Black.
8. A. Behind the door. B. Under the bed. C. In the schoolbag.
9. A. Watching TV. B. Going shopping. C. Listening to music.
10. A. Lucy’s. B. Mr. Brown’s C. Mary’s
11. A. 60 dollars. B. 70 dollars C. 80 dollars.
12. A. Next Friday B. Next Saturday C. Next Sunday
13. Who is going to wash the car?
A.Mike B. Alice C. The father
14. What will the girl buy for her father?
A. A coat B. A jacket C. A shirt
15. Where does the woman want to go?
A. To the hospital B. To the post office C. To the museum
16.How will the woman go there?
A.On foot B. By bus C. By bike
17. Paul is head of _______.
A. the school B. the factory C. the team
18. Paul says there are many important and interesting activities _______.
A. each week B. each month C. each year
19. The students can find _______ in the New Student Handbook.
A. good news B. their homework C. the school map 20. This speech was probably made _______ of the term.
A. at the beginning B. in the middle C. at the end Ⅱ. 单项选择。（每小题1分，共20分）
21. I have ______ English dictionary and it helps me a lot.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
22. —Lily, could you please pass me the______? I want to cut the apple.
—Sure, here you are.
A. pen B . pencil C. book D. knife
23. —______ does your cousin usually go to work on foot?
—He says it’s good for his health.
A. Where B. When C. Why D. How
24. Aunt Tina will visit us soon. _______ is arriving tomorrow morning.
A. He B. She C. His D. Her
25. --Would you like something to drink?
--________ I’m thirsty.
A. Yes, I can B. No, thanks
C. Yes, please C. No, I don’t like it
26. The little girl was crying because her mother didn’t allow her _______ the ice-cream.
A. eat B. eats C. to eat D. ate
27. —Where is your father?
--He ________ the World Cup in the living room.
A. is watching B. watches C. watched D. will watch
28. —Could I use your bike? Mine is broken.
A. give B. lend C. borrow D. keep
29. Mr. Green’s office is _______ the 26th floor. You can take the lift there.
A. at B. in C. on D. for
30. In Chongqing, you can often see many people dance outside together if it ______ in the evening.
A. rains B. doesn’t rain C. will rain D. won’t rain
31. Children _______ sit in the front seat of a car. It’s too dangerous.
A. need B. needn’t C. must D. mustn’t
32. Practice more, ________ you’ll do better in playing chess.
A. but B. and C. when D. after
33. ______ wake up your sister, Ben. She needs a good sleep.
A. Don’t B. Doesn’t C. Aren’t D. Can’t
34. There ______ lots of sheep and pigs on my uncle’s farm now.
A. was B. were C. is D. are
35. Sam and Henry play football very well. We hope _______ of them can join our team.
A. all B. both C. every D. same
36. –That clothes store is ________ on weekends.
--I see. I’ll go there next Monday then.
A. open B. close C. opened D. closed
37. Lin Fang comes home ________ than before this term. She doesn’t have so many classes in the afternoon.
A. early B. earlier C. late D. later
38. We should think of others if we want to ________them.
A. get on well with B. hear of C. get ready for D. hear from
39. ——I have looked for my lovely dog everywhere but I still can’t find it.
A.Great B. Good idea C. I don’t think so D. I’m sorry to hear that
40.——Do you know________?
A. when will the policenman give us a talk B. where will the policeman give us a talk
C. when the policenman give us a talk D. where the policeman will give us a talk Ⅲ. 完型填空。（每小题2分，共20分）
根据短文内容，从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出一个能填入相应空格内的最佳答案，并把答题卡上对应的答案标号涂黑。 ―Who would you like to change your life with if possible?‖ Last week, we asked many middle
Zhang Yike, 12
I want to change my life with my friend, Wang Xiaohui. She is studying in England now. visit. What’s more, sheand meet different kinds of people there.
Qiu Haoran, 14
I’d like to change my life with my Chinese teacher Miss Zhao. Miss Zhao is a very kind lady. She stories to tell us. We all like with my students. Tan Bo, 13
I will change my life with my elder brother. My brother is a college student now. He does he is interested in. And he even has a , all of these sound very interesting. I really want a this.
41. A. answers B. problems C. questions D. changes
42. A. gone B. come C. been D. moved
43. A. says B. speaks C. talks D. tells
44. A. drink B. air C. food D. water
45. A. teaches B. knows C. thinks D. asks
46. A. long B. short C. terrible D. interesting
47. A. busy B. angry C. popular D. serious
48. A. that B. which C. who D. what
49. A. me B. him C. you D. them
50. A. at B. on C. for D. like
2014 is the year of horse in China. Do you know anything about the horse?
The horse is strong and runs very fast. He’s a useful and hard-working animal. The horse learns to know his master（主人） soon. He loves his master, even after his master has died. Here’s a story about such a horse. In a war, the master was killed, and fell from his horse. When his body was found some days later, the horse was still standing beside it. During that long time, the horse didn’t leave the body of his master, without food or water, in the coldest weather, driving away the birds that might eat it. Wasn’t be a great animal?
51. The horse is a _________ animal to man.
A. strange B. lazy C. useful D. small
52. When the body of the master was found, the horse was _________.
A. going away B. eating grass beside it
C. drinking water D. still standing beside it
53. The story probably took place in _________.
54. A. spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter
54. The three passages above are all ________.
A. jokes B. notices C. news D. letters
55. The seven girls didn’t get wet because _________.
A. the umbrella was big enough B. the seven girls wore raincoats
C. it wasn’t raining at all D. it wasn’t a heavy rain
56. Little Robert spent the money ________.
A. helping the poor old lady B. buying candies for himself
C. helping his mom D. buying gifts for his mom
57. _________ broke the mirror.
A. Nancy B. Lisa C. Robert D. Jason
Why are you study habits different from those of your friends? Why do you seem to learn faster in some classes while more slowly in others? One reason you may not know is that people have different types. Scientists say there are three different learning types: Visual(视觉型)，Auditory(听觉型)，and Kinesthetic (动觉型)。
Visual learners learn best by seeing. If you seem to easily remember information from pictures, graphs(图表)，and videos, you are probably a visual learner. You’re not good at copying down what the teacher says in class. Never mind. You can draw graphs or pictures instead, if you find that works better for you.
Auditory learners learn best by hearing. If you seem to easily remember things by hearing them, then you are probably an auditory learner. You must listen carefully while the teacher is speaking because it’s the easiest way foy you to learn . Sometimes you may find that taking notes
tops you from listening carefully. After class, you can write down what you remember or borrow your friend’s notes to copy.
Kinesthetic learners learn best by doing. If you seem to learn best by working with your hands, you are probably a kinesthetic learner. Taking notes by writing can make you pay close attention to information as you receive it. Of course, you can learn best by making full use of labs or other class activities.
Hope you learn better by knowing what your personal learning type is.
58.There are____________different learning types according to the passage.
A. two B. three C. four D. five
59. Jude can remember the words of a song quickly by listening to it once or twice. She might be a /an ____________ according to the passage.
A. auditory learner B. visual learner
C. strange leaner D. usual learner
60.Kinesthetic learners learn best by ____________
A. Remembering information from videos B. listening teachers in class
C. drawing graphs or pictures D. doing things with their hands
61. The best title of this passage may be ―____________‖
A.Study Habits B. Ways to study
C. Learning types D. Reasons to learn
Rachel Carson was born in the USA on May,1907. Her mother, Maria Carson, had been a schoolteacher. She also loved nature. She showed Rachel the beauty of nature. She also taught Rachel a deep love for books. As a quiet child, Rachel liked to read and write stories. At a very early age, she decided she wanted to be a writer some day. Her story first appeared in a children’s magazine when she was ten years old.
Her first books, Under the Sea Wind came out in 1941. In 1948, Miss Carson began working on another book, The Sea Around Us. She always remembered carefully when she wrote. She collected information from more than one thousand places to write The Sea Around Us. When the book came out in 1951, it won the National Book Award. It was No. 1 on the best-seller list for more than a year. The Sea Around Us made Rachel Carson famous.
Rachel Carson’s most famous book, Silent Spring came out in 1962. In this book, she pointed out that the use of some kinds of pesticides(杀虫剂) like DDT would cause the number of birds to decline because it would kill them as well. Finally, in November 1969, the United Sates government decided that the use of DDT must stop in two years.
Rachel Carson has been regarded as a great environmentalist(环保主义者) and writer. She will be remembered by the world.
62. Rachel Carson had a deep love for nature and books because of ____________ .
A. her father B. her mother C. her schoolteacher D. her brother
63. Rachel decided that she wanted to be a writer when ___________ .
A. she was very young B. she was in college
C. she became a teacher D. she became famous
64. The Chinese meaning of the word ”decline” in this passage is probably ―___________‖ .
A. 增加 B. 减少 C. 维持 D. 翻番
65. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. Rachel Carson was a careful and serious writer.
B. The Sea Around Us won the National Book Award.
C. In Silent Spring Rachel said some pesticides were bad for the environment.
D. The use of DDT was stopped as soon as the book Silent Spring came out.
V. 任务型阅读。（每小题2分，共6分） 阅读下文并回答问题。
Some time ago, an old businessman had a large store in Boston. He wanted a boy to work for him, and he put an advertisement in the newspaper. The next morning, many boys came to the old man’s office, asking for the job.
There was a post（柱子）by his desk, and there was a nail（钉子）in it. He took a walking-stick and said, ―Everyone has three chances. If anyone can hit the nail on the head with this stick more than once, I will give him the job. ‖
The boy thought it was very easy. They all tried, but nobody could make it. So the old man said, ―I’m sorry I can’t take any of you. ‖ And they left.
He kept the advertisement in the papers, and the next morning many more boys came, and among them he saw a thin boy who had been there the day before. The boy hit the nail successfully for three times. The old man felt surprised and asked how he did that.
―Yes,‖ said the boy, ―I failed yesterday, but I thought that if I kept on trying a while, I could do it. So I went home and practiced hitting a nail with a stick till I could do it, and I got up very early this morning, and tried again. ‖
The old man said, ―You are the boy for me,‖ and gave him the job. Whatever the boy had to do, he tried to do his best. It was not very long before he became the best clerk in the store.
66. Did the thin boy get the job at last? ___________________________________________________________
67. What did the old man have in Boston?
68. Where did the boy practice hitting a nail?
Ⅵ. 完成句子。（没空1分，共8分） 第II卷
69. Cao Hua swims fastest in our group. (改为否定句)
Cao Hua _____________ _____________ fastest in our group. 对划线部分提问)
______________ ______________they go to Yunnan?
71. What do you think of the program called Daddy, Where Are We Going?(改为同义句) ______________ do you _____________ the program called Daddy, Where Are We Going?
Although this math problem is a bit difficult, I believe you can ___________ it ___________. Ⅶ. 口语运用。（每小题1分，共5分）
A: Could you tell me what movie you’d like to watch?
B: My Old Classmate.
B: I’d like the movie beginning at 3:00.
A:We have only 10 seats left now. They are in Row One and Row Four.
A:They are No. 3 Row Four and No. 5 Row Four.
B:OK. That’s it.
A:So, we’ll leave the two tickets for you. Please remember to take the tickets half an hour before the movie begins.
A: ____77___ See you.
Holding doors open for people behind you, picking up litter, thanking people. . . these acts of kindness seem very make the world a better place.
Eighth-graders from James Middle School, took part in the Random Acts of Kindness others. Celeste Murray, an English teacher at the school, started the activity. Since she was little, she has always tried to do small acts of kindness in her daily life. ―I believe the world isby small things,‖ she told the newspaper The Daily Times. Over the week, to her surprise, Murray
to push the chairs in or turn off the lights before they leave the classroom. Now, the students do those things
―The teachers have a lot of work,‖ Said Jordon, one of Murray’s students. He （赞扬） to others. ―It makes them feel happy and successful,‖ she said. The activity made students feel that they can make a difference. Hailey decides to continue to do at least one act of kindness every week, busy she is. She believes her acts could encourage others.
3. . . . . . .
Hello, my dear friends. As we all know, reading is very important to us. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________