1. Being honest is the first ______ if you want to make friends with others.
A. step B. time C. job D. hand
2. —Tommy, you can never let others know what I have told you today.
—Don’t worry. I will keep the ______.
A. secret B. money C. address D. grade
3.— I like reading. —A. homework B. numbers C. movies D. books
4. Hangzhou is _____ to hundreds of foreign friends who are working and studying here.
A. home B. house C. family D. room
5. The student didn’t find much__________ about the topic on that website．
A. report B. article C. information D. story
6. —Excuse me, where did you get the book? —I borrowed it from the________.
A. cinema B. library C. park D. station
7. Jason likes the _______ of the cake. It is a heart.
A. color B. size C. smell D. shape
8. —Is your home far from school? —Not very far. It’s only five ______ walk.
A. minute’s B. minute C. minutes D. minutes’
9. Look at the nice ______! I've decided to wear it to the party.
A. doll B. cup C. poster D. dress
10. Most Australians love going to the ______to swim and surf.
A. beach B. forest C. grassland D. desert
11. Lisa was so careless that she made many spelling ________ in her homework.
A. plans B. decisions C. grades D. mistakes
12. --–Excuse me, haven’t you learned the new law?
Everyone in a car must wear the seat belt. -- Sorry, we won’t do that again.
A. food B. traffic C. medicine D. education
D. egg or chicken 13. Recently, many people dare not eat because of H7N9 (禽流感). A. eggs or chickens B. eggs or chicken
14. China is larger than _________ in Africa.
A. the other countries B. any country C. any of the other countries D. any other country
15. A/An__________ can use his drawings to tell about beautiful mountains, the blue sea and many other things. A. actor B. scientist C. artist D. doctor
16. The people who are more confident have more_____ to make themselves successful.
A. education B. chances C. pride D. excuses
17.---- I have great ______ in finishing the work by myself. Could you help me ?
---- No problem.
A. fun. B. success. C. advice. D. difficulty.
18. If you want to get more information about English learning, please visit our_________.
A. company B. store C. office D, website C. egg or chickens
19. —of this skirt suits me?—Of course! You always look beautiful in red.
A. size B. design C. price D. color
20. --What is Miss Gao's favorite________? --She is always in pink. Don't you know?
A. color B. book C. song D. movie 21. If I am wanted in the telephone, ask him to leave a _________.
A. message B. letter C. diary D. sentence
22. Mr White, the principal, has made a great _________ to the growth of the school.
A. contribution B. progress C. invention D. protection
23. I am sure Cindy will be able to find the hotel-she has a pretty good_________of direction．
A．idea B．feeling C．experience D．sense
24. Lee is new in Nanchang. Maybe he needs a ____________for sightseeing.
A. watch B. ticket C. map D. notebook
25. —Mum, I’ve heard that we can’t eat __________ these days. Is it true?
—Take it easy. It is safe to eat cooked meat.
A. chicken B. chickens C. a chicken D. the chicken
26. Please remember to give the horse some tree______________.
A. leafs B. leaves C. leaf D. leave
27. He has born in Italy, but he has made China his _____________.
A. family B. address C. house D. home
28.The French book must . She’s the only one who’s studying French.
A. belong to Li Ying’s B. belong to Li Ying C. belong Li Ying’s D. belong Li Ying
29. ---Someone called you just now.
A. voice B. sound C. answer D. result
30.——What would you like to drink, girls? ——，please.
A. Two glass of water B. Two glass of waters C. Two cups of tea D. Two cups of teas
31. —What do you think of your last trip?
—I had a very scary ____________in the mountains. I won’t go there again.
A. assistant B. experience C. station D. souvenir
32. — Mum, I’m too thirsty. —How about having some_______?
A. oranges B. cakes C. mutton D. apple juice
33. — Could you give me some on how to learn English — Sure. Practice makes perfect.
A. advice; good B. suggestions; good C. advice; well D. suggestion; well
34. —Mother’s Day is celebrated across the world on the Sunday in May. —That’s right. People show their love for their mothers by giving some presents.
A. first B. second C. third D. last
35. He will have to watch his ________ because of his serious stomach problem.
A. style B. diet C. smell D. menu
in the world.
A. places of interesting B. places of interest
C. place of interests D. place of interesting
37. The mountain I visited last Sunday isn’t very ________. Few ________ go sightseeing there.
A. tourist; tourists B. touristy; tourist C. touristy; tourists D. tourist; tourist
38. —What do you think of the movie by Zhao Wei? —Terrific. I like ______ very much.
A. it B. him C. her D. you
39. —I’ll have a tennis game tomorrow. I’m a little bit nervous.
—Believe in________________. You’re the best in our club.
A. herself B. myself C. yourself D. himself
40. They are able to talk openly to one another whenever _________ of them feels hurt.
A. either B. both C. some D. all
41. I can't find my pen. Could you help____________ find it?
A. me B. her C. him D. them
42. ---Tom, supper is ready. ----I don't want to eat__________ ,Mum. I'm not feeling well.
A. everything B. nothing C. something D. anything
43. My parents showed____________ some old pictures that brought back sweet memories．
A. I B. me C. my D. mine
44. __________ is waiting for you at the gate. He wants to say thanks to you.
A. Somebody B. Anybody C. Everybody D. Nobody
45. —Mike, is that new bike________? —Yes. My mother bought it for me yesterday.
A. you B. your C. yours D. yourself
46. The girl in purple is new here, so ________ people know her.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
47. It is a good habit of ______ to read a few lines before going to bed.
A. I B. me C. my D. mine
48. You don’t have a drink. Can I get you _______?
A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything
49. —My pen doesn’t work. May I borrow ______, Kate? —Sorry, I’m using it now.
A. hers B. his C. yours D. mine
50. —Ann, would you like to drink tea or coffee? —______. I’m not thirsty at all.
A. Either B. Any C. Neither D. Both
51. Many Asian elephants live in India but you can find in other countries______ as well.
A. him B. them C. her D. it
52. --- ______ is the boy with a pair of glasses? ---My brother, John.
A. How B. Who C. Where D. What
53. A smile costs ________, but gives so much.
A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything
54. ―I don’t think I am different from _________ else. I am just the son of a farmer,‖ Mo Yan said.
A. anyone B. nobody C. someone D. everyone
55. —Who helped Betty tidy up the bedroom just now? —_______. She cleaned it all by herself.
A. Somebody B. Nobody C. Everybody D. Anybody
56. ---- Jim, please help ______ to some bread . --- Thank you.
A. himself . B. yourself . C. herself D. myself.
57. —Don't be angry with your kid when he makes a mistake again, will you?
—No, I won 't. I know that ___________ of us are perfect after all.
A. none B. neither C. each D. all
58. —Which of the two T-shirts will you take?
—I’ll take ____________. One is for my brother and the other is for myself.
A. either B. both C. neither D. all
59. --I am a little hungry, Mom. --There are some cakes on the plate. You can take ________.
A. it B. one C. that D. this
60. ---Wow! You’ve got so many clothes. ---But ________ of them are in fashion now.
A. all B. both C. neither D. none
61. ---Hi, guys. How was your party yesterday?
---Wonderful! We had a big meal and enjoyed __________.
A. themselves B. myself C. yourselves D. ourselves
62. 一Your tea smells great! 一It’s from India. Would you like ________?
A. it B. this C. some D. 1ittle
53. There are lots of restaurants in our town. And most of _____ are clean and cheap.
A. it B. they C. us D. them
64. Boys, don’t lose___________ in playing Angry Birds. It is bad for your eyes to play computer
games for a long time.
A. himself B. yourself C. themselves D. yourselves
65. The man called his professor for help because he couldn’t solve the problem by ___.
A. herself B. himself C. yourself D. themselves
66. There is _________ news about this movie star in the newspaper. Where can I get some?
A. many B. a few C. a lot D. little A. every B. both C. any D. each
68. He thinks himself somebody, but we think him _____________.
A. nobody B. anybody C. somebody D. everybody
69. —Jim, who taught ______________Chinese before you came to school?
—Nobody. I learned it by _____________.
A. your; myself B. yourself; myself C. you; me D. you; myself
70. ---Which do you prefer, a CD player or a walkman? －______. I prefer a portable computer.
A. Both B. Either C. None D. Neither
71. My host family tried to cook __________________ for me when I studied in New Zealand.
A. different something B. different anything
C. something different D. anything different
72. My family has two dogs. One is white, _______________ is black.
A. other B. another C. the other D. others
73. —All the volunteers were very tired, but ___________of them took a rest.
—They were busy looking for the missing people.
A. neither B. all C. both D. none
74. He has written many books, but _______ of them are good.
A. few B. many C. any D. little
75. My friend Jenny often helps _________ with _________ English.
A. I; me B. me; my C. my; me D. I; my
76. Let’s go to Kunming for vacation. It’s _______ too hot _______ too cold.
A. either; or B. nether; nor C. both; and D. not only; but also
77. Mom, I’m old enough to wash _____ own clothes and ______. You can have a rest after work.
A. my; your B. my; yours C. your; my D. yours; mine
78. — I’m not going swimming tomorrow afternoon.
— __________________. I have to clean up my bedroom.
A. So am I B. Neither am I C. Neither I am D. So I am
79. ----Johnny drove to Chengdu the day before yesterday. --- Really? ______________
A. So I did. B. So did I. C. Neither did I. D. Nor did I.
80. It is __ attractive city. It's such __ nice place that many tourists come here every summer.
A. a; a B. the; / C. an; / D. an; a
81. —Let’s play ______ soccer. —I don’t have ______ soccer ball.
A. 不填；a B. the; a C. a; the D. 不填；the
82. I think it’s really _________ hard work for me to finish the job in twenty minutes.
A. a B. an C. the D. 不填
83. —Who’s that young man on the poster? —Justin Bieber, _________excellent singer.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
84. —How do you like _____color of my dress? —Wonderful! I like it very much．
A. a B. an C. the D．/
85. —Look! Who’s _____boy over there? —Oh, he is my cousin Bob. He is _____ honest boy.
A. a, the B. the, an. C. the, a D. the; the
86. --- John, may I use your car? I want to go to the library. ---Sure. Here is ________ key.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
87. ---Have you watched the movie Iron Man 3? ---Of course, ______ fantastic movie！
A. a B. an C. the D. 不填
88. —How is ________ film you saw last night?
—You mean __________ one, Lost in Thailand ? That’s wonderful!
A. a; the B. the; the C. the; 不填 D.不填; the
89. —Does Heze have_______airport? —No. but we can take______bus to Jinan or Zhengzhou.
A . an; the B. an; a C the; a D. a; a
90. A good beginning makes________ good ending.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
91. He has bought ________MP5. _________MP5 cost him 200 yuan.
A. a, The B. an, An C. an, The D. a; A
92. —Would you mind cleaning your room? — OK. I’ll do it in ________ minute.
A. The B. an C. a D. /
93. The third Sunday of June is _______ Father’s day. It’s______ special day for children to show their love to their father.
A. a; the B. the; a C. /;a D. /; an
94. I like _______ color of your coat. I’ll buy _______ blouse like this color.
A. the; the B. a; a C. the; a D. a; the
95. It's just a short distance from here to ____________restaurant.
A. a B. an C. the D.不填
96. Vera and Mike come from _______ European country. They are in _______ same school now.
A. a; the B. an; the C. the; the D. an; an
97. —I missed the beginning of _________cartoon The Lion King.
—What a pity! You should have left school half ___________hour earlier.
A. a ；an B. the ；a C. the ；an D. an ；the
98. —Hurry up, or we’ll be late.
—Take your time—it’s just______ short distance from here to ______ cinema.
A. /; the B. the; a C. a; the D. /; a
99. Don't give him too much homework. He is just________eleven-year-old boy.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
100. —What do you usually have for ______ breakfast? —A piece of bread and ______egg.
A. a；an B.不填；the C. a；the D. 不填；an
101. ---Tony, what's ________ matter with you? ---I have________ toothache.
A. a; the B. the; a C. /; the D. the; /
102. —Do you know ______ woman in red? —Yes, she’s a professor of ______ university.
A. the; a B. a; an C. the; an D. /;the
103. _________Great Wall is__________ longest wall in the world.
A. The; the B. A; a C. The; a D. A; the
104. —Have you seen ___________ iPhone 5? I left it here this morning?
—Is it __________ black one? I think I saw it somewhere.
A. an; the B. an; a C. the; a D. the; /
105. Maria would like _________ orange, not __________ orange juice.
A. a; the B. /; an C. an; / D. an; an
106. It’s said that ________ apple ________ day keeps the doctor away.
A. a; an B. an; a C. the; the D. an; an
107. She has got two cats now. __________black and white one is called Rosie and___________
brown one Joseph.
A. The; a B. A; the C. The; the D. A; a
108. This is _________ book I told you about yesterday.
A. a B. the C. an D /
109. __________ man in black is from __________ England.
A. The; the B. The; / C. A; / D. A; the
110. —Do you know Robert?
—Yes, he is______university student. He likes sports and runs for_____hour every morning.
A. a; a B. a; an C. an; an D. an; a
111. Can you see _______ sun at night?
A. a B. the C. an D. /
112. Chairman Xi Jinping had ______ friendly talk with US President Obama in ______ America.
A. a; / B. the; / C. / ; the D. a; an
113. _______ old man behind Tom is______ university teacher.
A. An; an B. A; the C. The; a D. The; an
114. From March 23rd 2013, anyone under the age of 14 ______ go into Disney's US parks alone.
A. couldn't B. mustn't C. needn't D. mightn't
115. —Li Lei, hurry up! The bus is coming.
—Oh, no. We ______ cross the street until the traffic lights turn green.
A. mustn’t B. may not C. needn’t D. have to
116. —Whose book is this? —It our geography teacher’s. You see, his name is on it.
A. can’t be B. can be C. mustn’t be D. must be
117. —May I play computer games now, Mom? —finish your homework first.
A. must B. can C. could D. may
118. —Do you know the song Gangnam Style? —interesting.
A. tastes B. smells C. sounds D. feels
119. --Pauline has lost her phone. –No. It’s in her bag. I _________ hear it.
A. must B. can C. may D. shall
120. Hurry up, or you ________catch the train．
A．can’t B．needn’t C．mustn't D. shouldn’t
121. —Must I hand it in today? —A. mustn't B. can't C. needn't D. don’t
122. —_______I finish my homework now? —No, you_________. Your work is over today.
A. Can't; must B. Must; don't have to C. May; couldn't D. Couldn't; could 123. —Is that girl Susan? — It _________ be her. She left for Beijing yesterday.
A. needn't B. can't C. mustn't D. not
A. shouldn’t B. are supposed to C. would like to D. will
125. That T-shirt ____________ be expensive because it’s by a famous designer.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. must D. should
126. —How many English words do you think I should know?
—As many as you ______. Then you will find reading quite easy.
A. will B. must C. can D. might
127. —May I smoke here? —No, you _______. This is a no-smoking room.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. couldn’t D. wouldn’t
128. Excuse me, sir. You ______ open the door before the train stops.
A. mustn't B. needn’t C. may not D. don’t have to
129. ―Must I return the book this week? ― No, youit for 20 days.
A. mustn’t, keep B. needn’t, borrow C. needn’t, keep D. can’t; borrow
130. A country has dreams. We teenagers ________ also have dreams. With dreams and hard work, anything amazing can be created.
A. may B. must C. should D. shouldn’t
131. According to the new traffic law, everyone in a car_______wear the seat belt.
A. can B. may C. must D. will
132. You mustn’t go off on your own, because you__________get lost in the mountains.
A. should B. must C. need D. might
133. —Are you in a hurry? —No, I’ve got plenty of time I wait.
A. can B. can’t C. must D. mustn’t
’v134. __________ a beautiful car! Ie never seen it before.
A. What B. Which C. How D. Whether
135. If you ____________ go, at least wait until the rain stops.
A. can B. may C. must D. will
136. — Have you decided where to go for your summer vacation?
—Not yet. We ____________go to Qingdao . It's a good place for vacation.
A. may be B. need C. must D. may
137. Students in our school ________ know shouting is not allowed in the library.
A. can B. may C. must D. need
138. —Can I borrow your ruler，please?
—Yes，. But you must return it to me before lunchtime.
A. have B. can C. must D. used to
139. —Shall I take my swimming suit?
—No, you A. mustn’t B. couldn’t C. needn’t D. can’t
140. —Difficulties always go with me!
—Cheer up! If God closes a door in front of you, there ______ be a window opened for you.
A. would B. must C. could D. can
141. It’s rather hot in the room. You’d better _____________ the windows or the door.
A. close B. not to close C. don’t close D. not close
142. —Hello, Lisa. What's the matter?
—I ____________find my mobile phone. __________ you seen it?
A. couldn't; Did B. can't; Have C. need ; Had D. must; Are
143. — Whose T-shirt is this? — It ________ be John’s. It’s ________ small for him.
A. can’t; much too B. can’t; too much C. mustn’t; too much D. can; much too 144. Finish your homework first, then you’ll _______ watch TV for an hour.
A. can B. be able to C. able D could
145. —Honey, how are you feeling now?
—I am much better, Mum. So you ________ take me to see the doctor.
A. can't B. mustn't C. needn't D. couldn’t
146. The cake delicious. I can’t wait to eat it.
A. feels B. sounds C. becomes D. Smells
147. I like seeing kids happy and, if they A. are B. do C. have D. will
148. It was a difficult time for the quake－hit victims in Ya'an, but they didn't ________ hope.
A. give up B. give off C. give in D. give out
149. — Would you please see the film Iron Man 3 with me tonight, Kate?
— I'd love to, but I've ______________ Linda's invitation to dinner.
A. suffered B. earned C. received D. accepted
150. — It's too hard for me to be a trailwalker. — Never ________. Believe in yourself!
A. put up B. give up C. hurry up D. look up
151. — What do you think of the song ―You and Me‖？— It ________ great. I love singing it.
A. tastes B. looks C. smells D. sounds
152. President Xi Jinping calls on Chinese people to ______ all the food each meal.
A. eat up B. use up C. pick up D. cut up
153. — Excuse me. Could you please tell me ______________ my car?
—Sure. Park it right here. I’ll help you.
A. how to stop B. where to park C. where to stop D. when to park
154. .My bike is broken. Could you help me to A. fix it up B. set it up C. make it up D. put it up
the meeting till next week.
A. take off B. get off C. put off D. set off
156. My parents A. used to B. be used to C. was used to D. are used to
A. in B. to buy C. buying D. buy
A. take after B. take off C. take place D. take away
159. This morning I _________ some new restaurants on the Internet for I wanted to take Mia to
a nice restaurant for her birthday.
A. picked up B. looked up C. cleaned up D. gave up
160. —Can Peter play games with us, Mrs. Hawking? —Wait a minute. He _____a shower.
A. is taking B. takes C. took D. was taking
161. ----Which magazine do you like better, Crazy Reading or Teen’s space?
----I like ___________of them. They are useful for English lessons.
A. none B. neither C. all D. both
162. The girl is afraid to dance in public because she thinks others may___________ her.
A. laugh at B. wait for C. hear of D. agree with
163. ---I’ve left my keys in the meeting room. Please _________them for me. ---All right.
A. buy B. paint C. wash D. fetch
164. We’ll ____________an English play ―Snow White‖ during this year’s Art Festival．
A. look up B．look out C．put off D．put on
165. —Oh, it ____________so nice. What beautiful music it is!
A. smells B．sounds C．tastes D. looks
166. --Would you mind speaking more slowly? I can hardly ________ you. --Of course not.
A. read B. follow C. miss D. match
167. --Shall we go for a picnic tomorrow? --Well, it all _______ the weather.
A. belongs to B. happens to C .depends on D. concentrate on
168. Our plane is in a few minutes. Please be seated and keep your safe belt fastened.
A. turning off B. putting off C. taking off D. getting off
169. His family are worried about him because they haven't ____ letters from him for a long time.
A. accepted B. received C. written D. collected
170. The plane to Chengdu _____________ just now. You have to wait until tomorrow.
A. took off B. took after C. took out D. took away
171. — Do you know why he didn't __________a word when he __________to?
—Because he was too nervous.
A. speak, speaks B. say, was spoken C. say, spoke D. speak, is spoken 172. He ____________ plenty of money to the people in the earthquake area ___________.
A. put out, to work out well B. handed out, help them out
C gave out, work out well D. gave away; to help them out
173. There aren’t many tickets left for the concert, you'd better _________that you get one today.
A. make sure of B. make a decision C. make sure D. make plans
174. She said she returned the book to the library. I’m sure she ____________.
A. takes B. is C. was D. did
175. — You look sad. What has happened? —Everyone ______ us to win the match, but we lost.
A. expects B. expected C. hopes D. hoped
176. — Mum, where are my socks? — Under your bed. You should _________ your things.
A. put on B. put down C. put away D. put off
177. —Hello! Could I speak to Lily? —Sorry, she is not in. She Shanghai.
A. have been to B. have gone to C. has been to D. has gone to
178. —Diaoyu Island belongs to China. — it up.
A. cut B. fix C. give D. set
179. —So many problems! I’m tired.
—A. get into B. get off C. get on D. get over
180. You are ___________to type quickly when talking to each other on QQ so the other person
doesn't get bored A. suggested B. supported C. taught D. supposed _a T-shirt? You’ll probably catch a cold in this cold weather
A. wearing B. recycling C. pulling D. selling
182. —Why do you collect so many old bikes?
—I'll have them __________and give away to the children who don't have bikes.
A. used up B. given up C. fixed up D. set up
183. In the last ten month, September Miracle(奇迹times and is popular all over the country.
A. has played the piano B. has given out their song disks
C .has written songs D. has performed
184. By the time I locked the door, I realized I _______________my keys at home.
A. had repaired B. had changed C. had forgotten D. had left 185. —How are you going to be a basketball player ? —
A. am going to practice basketball B. am going to study math
C. am going to take acting lessons D. am going to study computer science 186. —Can I _______ your bike? —With pleasure. But you mustn’t _______ it to others.
A. lend; borrow B. borrow; lend C. lend; lend D. borrow; borrow
187. Scientists are trying their best to ___________ ways to treat the terrible disease called H7N9.
A. come up with B. look forward to C. talk about D. give up
188. Tony ____________ football every weekend when he was young.
A. plays B. played C. is playing D. has played
189. On the top of the hill __________ an ancient tower with a history of more than 1, 000 years.
A. stood B. ran C. came D. lived
190. The great writer has written many stories for children. It is said that a new one will _________ at the end of this month.
A. go out B. come out C. look out D. run out
191. I will meet Jane at the station, Please____________ what time she will arrive.
A. count B. choose C. check D. catch
192. It is helpful to ___________ a good habit of reading in language learning.
A. take B. show C. develop D. match
193. The people in Ya'an have met lots of difficulties, but they haven’t ____________hope.
A. picked up B. given up C. looked for D. waited for
194. Although many great people ever failed, they never__________ and managed to succeed.
A. set out B. stayed up C. kept on D. gave up
195. One of the best ways for people to keep healthy is to__________ good eating habits.
A. grow B. develop C. increase D. find
196. — How much is the ticket to Central Park?
—A one-way ticket _________ $40, and you can ________ another $20 for a round-trip.
A. costs, pay B. cost, spend C. pay, spend D. spends, pay
197. Andrea Bocelli never , which makes him a successful singer.
A. takes away B. gives away C. gets up D. gives up
198. —Would you mind ______ the music a little? Don’t you think it’s too loud?
—Sorry! I’ll do it in a minute.
A. turning on B. turning off C. turning up D. turning down
A. come out B. come true C. achieve D. over
200. Paul’s parents were worried that hetoo much time chatting on line.
A. spent B. paid C. took D. cost
way students can enjoy success.
A. give up B. work out C. look through D. look for
202. Our English teacher often says to us, ―____________ English well is very important‖
A. Learn B. Learning C. Learned D. To learning
203. — Cindy, look at your new shoes. Aren’t they beautiful?
—Yes, they are really nice, Mum. I can’t wait to .
A. put them on B. put it on C. put on them D. take it off
204. —When will the plane _____________Shanghai? —Sorry，I don’t know.
A. get B. arrive at C. reach D. arrive in
205. It __________ me about 10 days ____________ painting the walls.
A. took; to finish B. cost; finishing C. took; finishing D. spent; to finish
206. Many students in our school ____ the old and they usually offer their seats to them on buses.
A. worry about B. care for C. agree with D. take care
207. Tom, it’s cold outside. _______ your coat when you go out.
A. Take off B. Put on C. Put away D. Take away
208. A student in Fudan University was killed by his roommate just because of small things in daily life. It is important for students to learn how to ____________ each other.
A. get on with B. come over to C. stay away from D. stay out late
209. If you want to buy this dress , you 'd better ___________ first to make sure it fits you .
A. pay for it B. take it off C. tidy it up D. try it on
210. Anna is going on a tour of Xi’an, and she wants to _____Chinese history.
A. dream of B. learn about C. look through D. pass on
211. —How heavily it is raining! —What a pity! We have to _____ our sports meeting.
A. put off B. put out C. put on D. put up
212. Speak slowly, Mr. Wang. I can’t A. understand B. hear C. listen D. expect
213. —I don’t know where to go this summer vacation.
—Why not ___________ visiting Huanggang? There are many places of interest there.
A. suggest B. wonder C. consider D. regard
214. She _________ live alone. But she __________ living alone because she feels lonely.
A. used to; doesn’t used to B. is used to; was used to
C. used to; is not used to D. was used to; doesn’t used to
215. He hurried back home ______________ his schoolbag.
A. fetched B. to fetch C. fetching D. fetches
216. When you visit a museum you should _________ the instructions and don’t be against them.
A. compare with B. look forward to C. pay attention to D. try out
217. The child doesn’t need any help. He is old enough to ________ himself.
A. put on B. wear C. dress D. take care
218. —Can I smoke in the dining hall? —Sorry. It's not_________.
A. promised B. realized C. allowed D. reminded
219. She hurriedly_________ the child and took him downstairs.
A. put on B. wore C. dressed D. had on
220. There was a fire in the hotel around midnight last Friday. Luckily, it was soon A. turned on B. turned off C. put on D. put out
221. — Who's the most modest boy in your class?
— Daniel. He never ________ in public.
A. gets off B. takes off C. shows off D. turns off
222. David Burt’s dream in China is to go into the west and an early childhood
A. clean up B. look up C. give up D. set up
223. —I think I’ve got a bad cold, Doctor, Shall I take some medicine?
— No need. Your body itself is able to the virus. Just drink more water and rest.
A. catch B. fight C. lose D. hide
224. — Mr Li, I can't understand everything in class.
— Don't worry! I'll ________ the main points at the end.
A. record B. review C. require D. remember
225. I used to quarrel a lot with my parents, but now we ______ just fine together.
A. get along B. get up C. get away D. get off
226. —It’s hot today, isn’t it? —Yes, it is. Why not __________ your jacket?
A. take care B. take place C. take after D. take off
227. —Alice, could you help me _________ the meat? I want to make some dumplings for dinner.
—OK. I’ll do it right away.
A. put up B. give up C. use up D. cut up
A. put them up B. put them on C. put them away D. put them down 229. —What can we do to______________bird flu from spreading?
—Try not to buy or eat chickens that have not been checked .
A. prevent B. cause C. discover D. preventing
230. —Is Kate serious? —I ________. She never means it.
A. suppose B. agree C. believe D. wonder
231. —What does the instruction say? —The colors in the dress will ______ if you use hot water.
A. fall B. appear C. run D. shine
232. The firemen soon _____________ the big fire.
A. put off B. put up C. put out D. put on
233. Thanks for your invitation, but I’m so sorry I can’t go. I need to ______ my baby at home.
A. take away B. take off C. take care of D. take out of
234, Again and again the doctor _____________ the crying baby girl, but he couldn’t find out what was wrong with her.
A. looked over B. looked after C. looked for D. looked out
235. He ______________an English club last year and has improved his English a lot.
A. protected B. produced C. joined D. received
236. It’s cold outside. _____________ your sweater before you go out.
A. Put on B. Turn on C. Put up D. Give up
237. To keep healthy, many people________________ every day.
A take a shower B. take pride C. take a look D. take exercise
238. —What are you packing so many books for, Grandma? —A. give them up B. give them away C. give them off D. give them in 239. The little boy ___________ his seat to an old lady on the crowded bus.
A. lent B. offered C. took D. brought
240. —camping with me?
—I’d like to. But I’m busyA. to go; to do B. to go; doing C. going; to do D. going; doing
241. Mo Yan, a famous Chinese writer, won the Nobel Prize for literature at the end of the
year 2012. We learn that success _________ the person with a never- give –up attitude.
A. drives out B. takes over C. belongs to D. belong to
242. Everyone may feel time very quickly when they do something interesting.
A. go by B. to go by C. went by D. going by
243. If you _______________ your name on the paper，you can get a magazine.
A. cut down B. look down C. turn down D. write down
244. It's getting dark. Please ____________ the light.
A. turn on B. turn off C. turn down D. turn around
245. Many social workers went to Ya’an to help clean water and food to local people
to reduce their pain from the earthquake.
A. put out B. come out C. work out D. give out
246. When he saw a wallet on the ground, he _____________at once.
A. picked it up B. gave it up C. picked up it D. picked them up
247. The boy is sleeping. Please ____________the radio.
A. turn up B. turn down C. turn on D. turn over
248. If Ted can _______ his difficulties, he’ll make great progress.
A. come over B. get over C. get off D. come out
249. —What smells terrible? —Sorry, I’ll _______ my shoes and wash them at once.
A. put away B. take away C. move away D. get away
250. Here is the book. First _________ it and then tell me what you think of it.
A. look into B. look through C. look up D. look after
251. —What kind of persons do you prefer to make friends with?
—I choose my friends on their characters and how we _____________.
A. get in B. get up C. get on D. get off
252. ___________ your sunglasses, Sally. The sun is so bright.
A. Put down B. Put up C. Put away D. Put on
253. —Did you hear a terrible fire happened in the hotel near our school last night?
— the fire.
A. put out B. put on C. put down D. put off A. agree with B. worry about C. laugh at D. care for
255. —Show me your homework, Dave? —A. missed B. forgotten C. lost D. left
256. —Why is Linlin practicing speaking English? —_______ abroad for further study.
A. Go B. Gone C. To go D. Goes
257. –How does Jack usually go to work?
—He __________ drive a car, but now he ___________ there to lose weight.
A. used to; is used to walk B. was used to; is used to walking
C. was used to; is used to walk D. used to; is used to walking
258. Many children are left alone in the countryside. Let’s try our best A. help B. helping C. to help D. helps
259. — Sam, my iPhone is in my bedroom. Could you it for me? — No problem.
A. bring B. fetch C. take D. carry
260. — When are you going to for Shanghai? — Tomorrow morning.
A. get off B. turn off C. take off D. set off 261. His leg is seriously injured in the accident. a doctor at once.
A. Ask for B. Send for C. Wait for D. Look for
262. —Which hobby do you think__________ the least time? —Collecting stamps.
A. takes up B. puts up C. gives up D. makes up
263. You are supposed to ________ smoking, ________ you will get ill.
A. go on; so B. give up; or C. stop; so D. continue; and 264. _____________ the teacher, I’ve made great progress.
A. Thank you B. Thanks C. Thanks to D. Thank to
265. — It is too noisy here. I can’t stand it.
— Me, too. We have to_____________ new ways to solve the problem.
A. catch up with B. keep up with C. come up with D. touch with 266. It will _____________ them several years to learn English well.
A. cost B. take C. spend D. pay
267. 一My aunt goes lo climb mountains every Sunday.
一Oh? But she ____________ hate climbing mountains.
A. used to B. was used to C. is used lo D. used as
268.－I’m sorry, Mr Li. I my English homework at home.
－Don’t forget A. left, to bring B. forgot, to take C. lost, to bring D. leave; to bring 267. Nancy a bus to school, but now he rides a bike.
A. is used to taking B. was used to take C. used to take D. is used taking 268. If you want to change the world, you have to____________ yourself first.
A. enjoy B. check C. help D. change
269. ____________a light when necessary. You will bring light to other people and yourself.
A. Try on B. Get on C. Turn on D. Put on
A. take down B. turn up C. take away D. turn off
271. The heavy snow didn’tA. pay attention to B. add to C. make a difference to D. keep to 272. My uncle is repairing some old bikes these days. He plans to _________ to charity.
A. give them away B. give them up
C. take them away D. pick them up
273. —What’s wrong with you, Eric? You look tired.
— to prepare for the final exam last night.
A. picked up B. woke up C. stayed up D. put up
274. The company wants to ___________ a school for the poor children.
A. put off B. set up C. call in D. look after
275. Daisy is such a good daughter that she __________ most of her spare time with her parents.
A. spends B. costs C. takes D. affords
276. —Tommy, don’t make a mess in your room. —OK，Mum , I’llmy toys at once.
A. take out B. put away C. play with D. look for
277. Mark Zuckerberg _______ the Facebook website in February of 2004. It is very popular now.
A. set up B. set off C. got up D. got off
278. The math teacher got angry with me when I did not ___________ him in class yesterday.
A. look for B. take care C. pay attention to D. fall asleep
279. Although Lucy is only three years old, she is able to ____________ herself.
A. put B. make C. wear D. dress
280. My mother is ill in hospital. I have to ___________ my grandparents at home.
A. look out B. look after C. look up D. look at
281. I was late because the bus A. broke down B. broke off C. broke up D. broke into
282. — Dad, I want to go hiking with my friends, but my mum said no!
— I know. But you shouldn’t
A. argue B. tell C. talk D. fighted
283. —He looks unhappy today. —Let’s .
A. cheer him up B. help out him C. look him after D. argue with him
284. — Don’t forgeit for two weeks.
285. Don’t ___________ today’s work for tomorrow. Today’s work must be done today.
A. put up B. put out C. put off D. give up
286.What bad weather! The plane will ____________ to 8 o’ clock this evening.
A. put off B. take off C. turn off D. get off
287. You had better hurry or we’ll be late for the plane. The plane will _______ in a few minutes.
A. take up B. take down C. take off D. take away
288. You shouldn't__________ it like that. It's impolite.
A. tell B. say C. talk D. speak
289. The teacher often sings songs to ______________ his students in class.
A. pick up B. cheer up C. turn up D. make happy
290.—Were you sick after six hours’ journey on the coach?
—Of course. I quickly as soon as it stopped.
A. got up B. got on C. got off D. got to
291. Many students write to Language Doctor to __________ advice about learning English.
A. look through B. ask for C. give up D. worry about
292.—Jeff seems unhappy. What’s the matter?
—He got his bike lost this afternoon. Let’s go to A. cheer, up B. make, up C. set, up D. let; down
293. The local people like that Italian restaurant because it both delicious food
and good service. A. uses B. wants C. shares D. provides
294.-- What do you think of ‘Eat-up’ Campaign (光盘行动)?
--I think it’s really necessary. It is reported that the food that Chinese people every year is enough to feed 200 million people for a year.
A. eat B. have C. waste D. make
295. David Beckham decided to ____________ playing football match forever because he is not
A. put off B. deal with C. break off D. give up
296. —Hello! May I speak to Mr. Zhang? —Sorry, he’s out. Can you ________a message?
A. ask B. leave C. take D. want
297. You don’t have to _______every new word in the dictionary whiled reading.
A. look for B. look up C. look at D. look after
298. — I feel stressed from time to time. Could you give me some advice?
— ______________ sharing your worries with your parents?
A. Why don't you B. How about C. Why not D. Would you like
299. —Would you mind _____________ in the dining hall? —Of course not.
A. not to smoke B. not smoking C. smoke D. not smoke
A. solve B. solving C. can solve D. to solve
301. 一these books before 10 o'clock? 一Yes, I can.
A. to read B. read C. reads D. reading
too much junk food because it’s bad for my health.
A. not eating B. not to eat C. eating D. to eat
303. She’s not strong enough _________ walking up mountains.
A. to go B. going C. go D. went
304. He lost his key．It made him _____in the cold to wait for his wife’s return．
A．to stay B stayed C．stays D．stay
305. — I’m looking forward to _____my parents soon. What about you? — Me too．
A. seeing B. see C. saw D. sees
306. Seeing their teacher __________ into the classroom, they stopped __________ at once.
A. walk; telling B. entering; to speak C. enter; to tell D. walking; talking 307. Lucy is shy. She would not invite her classmates ____________dancing with her.
A. practice B. practices C. practicing D. to practice
308. ―Who’s the boy in white T-shirt ___________ under the tree?‖ ―My friend.‖
A. stand B. to stand C. stood D. standing
300. He often drinks two cups of ___________ water when he comes back.
A. boiling B. boil C. boiled D. boils
310. Tom，would you please ___________ the box? It’s for your sister.
A. not open B. don’t open C. not to open D. to not open
311. Jessica's parents always encourage her ____________out her opinions.
A. speak B. speaking C. to speak D. will speak
312. — What are you going to do when you grow up?
— A singer, but my parents wish me ____________ a teacher.
A. am B. to be C. will be D. be
313. Don’t throw away the waste paper. It needs so that it can be reused.
A. to destroy B. destroy C. to collect D. collecting
314. He promised ______his old friend during his stay in Tianjin.
A. see B. seeing C. saw D. to see
315. —Excuse me. Could you tell me ___________ get to the nearest post office?
—Sorry, I am new here.
A. how can I B. how I could C. how to D. what I can
316. When I walked past the park, I saw some old people ________ Chinese Taiji.
A. do B. did C. doing D. are doing
317. I'm sleepy. I prefer ______________ at home to going out for a walk.
A. sleeping B. to sleep C. slept D. sleep
318. At times, parents find it difficult _____________ with their teenage children.
A. talk B. talked C. talking D. to talk
319. You look too tired. Why not_______________a rest?
A. stop to have B. to stop having C. stop having D. to stop to have
320. —What a heavy rain!
—So it is. I prefer ____________ rather than ____________ on such a rainy day.
A. to go out; stay at home B. to stay at home; go out
C. going out; stay at home D. staying at home ; go out
321. —Dad, why must I stop _________ computer games? —For your health, my boy.
A. play B. to play C. to playing D. playing
322. —Driving less, walking more is good for our health.
— a car.
A. take, drive B. take, to drive C. take, driving D. taking, driving
323. He wants to have his TV ______________.
A. repairing B. repaired C. to repair D. to repaired
324. Remember ___________ off the lights when you leave the room, please.
A. to turn B. turning C. turn D. to turning
A. move B. to move C. from moving D. moving from 326. Animals are our close friends. We are supposed them.
A. to protect B. protecting C. protect D. to protecting
327. The boy is often heard in the music room. He sings very well.
A. practice singing B. to practice singing C. practiced singing D. to practice sing A. clean B. to clean C. cleaning D. cleaned
329. —Why are you so excited today? —We were told a picnic this weekend.
A. have B. to have C. having D. had
330. I found a letter ____________ on the floor when I came into the classroom.
A. lying B. lay C. lie D. lies
331. The little boy pretended ____________ when his mother came in.
A. sleeping B. asleep C. to asleep D. to be asleep 332. _______________ honest is the first thing people should learn.
A. Being B. Look C. Be D. Become
333. Many young people took part in _______ trees on Tree Planting Day.
A. planting B. plants C. to plant D. plant
334. — —Try Music World on Huangyuan Street.
A. why to buy a CD B. where to get a CD
C. How to choose a CD . D. when to record a CD
335. The tree ____________ by your grandma grows very well.
A. planting B. is planted C. planted D. will be planted
336. It is reported that it would take a person 21 days ____________ a good habit.
A. getting into B. get into C. to get into D. to give up
337. I hope everyone can care about ________ the environment and stop _________ things.
A. protecting; wasting B. protecting; to waste C. protect; wasting D. protect; to waste 338. At present, lots of people would rather in the country because there is pollution in the city.
A. live; more B. to live; less C. live; less D. to live; more 339. —I don’t know next. —You’d better finish your homework first.
A. what to do B. how to do C. when to do D. what to do it
340. It’s dangerous a close look at the tiger in the zoo.
A. for us taking B. of us to take C. of us taking D. for us to take
341. Helen finds it __________ take grammar notes in class.
A. is useful to B. useful to C. is useful D. useful in 342. Tom gets up very early in order to_______________ late for class.
A. arrive B. doesn’t arrive C. not to arrive D. not arrive 343. How many____________can you carry?
A. bags of rices B. bag of rices C. bags of rice D. bag of rice 344. The number of persons in the hall ___________ about forty-five.
A. are B. have C. is D. am
345. _______________________ sweaters are very beautiful.
A. Tom and Henry’s B. Tom’s and Henry’s C. Tom’s and Henry D. Tom and Henry 346. It is ____________ outside. Let’s put on our raincoats and go out, Tom.
A. cold B. hot C. sunny D. rainy
347. —__________ do you _________ about spring? —The flowers and the green trees.
A. How, like B. How, think C. What, think D. What, like
348. The light in the room wasn’t ________________for me to read.
A. enough bright B. brightly enough C. enough brightly D. bright enough 349. Look at the two girls over there. Athena is _____________of the two.
A. the cleverest B. the cleverer C. the clever D. cleverest
350. —How far is the factory from here? —It’s about 4 kilometers _________.
A. far B. long C. away D. near
351. —Do you have enough men to carry these chairs? —No. I think we need _______ men.
A. another B. other two C. more two D. two more
352. He is taller than _____________ girl in his class.
A. any B. other C. any other D. another
353. How beautifully she sings! I have never heard _____________ voice.
A. the best B. a best C. the better D. a better
354. ---―Excuse me, are you ___________? ‖ ---―No, we are ___________. ‖
A. American, Englishman B. American, Germans
C. American, Germen D. Englishman, Americans
355. A spaceship flies at about eleven kilometers ___________ second.
A. / B. the C. a D. an
356. I hear someone ____________at the door. Please go and see who _______ is.
A. knock, he B. knocking, he C. knock, it D. knocking, it
357. Lucy and I are classmates. We ____________ in Class One.
A. all are B. are all C. both are D. are both
358. —Don’t make any noise in the living room! My baby is sleeping. —______________.
A. Sorry, I won’t B. It doesn’t matter C. Excuse me, I’m wrong D. Certainly, I won’t
359. —I haven’t seen Jack for three days, is he ill?
—_____________. His mother told me that he was in hospital.
A. I am afraid so B. I hope not C. I don’t expect D. I am afraid not
360. —Excuse me. May I use your computer? —______________. It’s broken.
A. Sure B. Yes, here you are C. With pleasure D. I’m afraid not 361. —Can I get you something to drink, Mr Smith? —____________. I am thirsty.
A. Here you are B. No, thank you C. You’re welcome D. Yes, please 362. —What do you do? —____________________.
A. I am thirteen B. I work hard C. I’m fine D. I’m a student 363. —Andy isn’t going out this evening, is she?
—_________________. She has to stay at home to look after her sick mother.
A. Yes, she is B. No, she isn’t C. Yes, she isn’t D. No, she is 364. A: Hello. May I speak to Mr. Wang? B: Who’s calling, please.
A. I’m Mr. Wang B. Mr. Wang is here
C. This is Mr. Wang speaking D. Mr. Wang is calling
365. —I fell and hurt my leg just not. —__________________.
A. Be careful B. It doesn’t matter C. I’m sorry to hear that D. Nothing serious 366. —______________________. —Thank you very much. I will.
A. Congratulations! B. Best wishes to you
C. Please say hello to your family. D. What a good wish to your family!
367. One million dollars ____________ a large of money.
A. are B. is C. have D. has
368. He told m e that the sun ________________ in the east.
A. rose B. had risen C. rises D. have risen
369. The farmers are all busy ________________ apples.
A. pick B. to pick C. picking D. to picking
370. —It’s too hot. Would you mind _________ the door? —_________. Please do it now.
A. to open, OK B. opening, Certainly not C. opening, Of course D. to open, Good idea 371. Neither he nor I __________ from England.
A. am B. is C. are D. comes
372. We are going sightseeing tomorrow and I __________ my camera__________me.
A. take; to B. am taking; with C. am taking; for D. take; with 373. Mr. White hurried ________________ after _______ quick breakfast.
A. to work; / B. to work; a C. working; a D. work; the
374. The boy doesn’t speak English clearly. So___________ people understand him.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
375. The police station is about 200 meters ______________ here.
A. away B. far from C. far D. away from
376. I’ll try ________________ mistakes again.‖ She said.
A. don’t make B. not to make C. not make D. to not make
377. Would you like________________ to eat?
A. something healthy B. anything healthy
C. something health D. healthy something
378. ---Did you study any other foreign language _______English when you were at college？ ---Yes，I studied three，But I have forgotten all __________a few words of each．
A. besides，besides B. but，except C. except，except D. besides，except 379. Jiajia believes __________ good to read English every morning.
A. it’s B. it C. that D. this
380. What were you doing _______________ last Sunday morning?
A. at B. in C. on D. /
381. Liu Xiang won the first Olympic gold ___________ in the 110m burdles for China.
A. medal B. prize C. symbol D. record
380. ---Jenny and Jane’s ____________ coming to my office. Can you help to find the girls? --- No, problem. They will be here______________________.
A. mother are; in a moment B. mother is; at the moment
C. mothers are; right away D. mother is; in a moment
381. David suddenly felt nervous. ___________ , it was his first time to go on stage.
A. At least B. After all C. At once D. At all
382. ---Oh, dear! There isn’t enough__________ for us in the lift.
---No hurry. Let’s wait for the next.
A. floor B. seat C. room D. ground
383. She was __________ angry ___________ say a word and left the room angrily.
A. so; that B. very; that C. too; to D. very; to
384. Your homework had better ___________ in after class.
A. hand B. to hand C. handing D. be handed
385. Great changes___________ in my hometown in the past few years.
A. took place B. have happened C. happened D. have taken place 386. ---Yao Ming is a super star now. ---______________. We are all proud of him.
A. Neither he is B. Neither is he C. So is he D. So he is
387. He___________ to the party this evening if he has to look after his younger sister.
A. needn’t to come B. doesn’t need to come C. doesn’t need come D. needs not come 388. ---_____________________________? --- No, thank you. I can manage it myself.
A. What can I do for you B. Let me help you carry it
C. Help yourself, please D. Do you like to help
389. ---How well Alan dances! I can’t believe my eyes! ---__________________.
A. So he does B. So does he C. So do I D. So I do
380. I’d like some __________________ and ____________________.
A. porridge; vegetable B. broccoli; tomatoes
C. potatos; banana D. French fries; orange juices
381. It must be ____________ more fun than _____________.
A. a lot of; taking a bus B. a lot; taking a bus C. much; take a bus D. many; take a bus 380. These two_____________ transportation are ______________ useful.
A. kinds of; kind of B. kind of; kinds of C. kinds of; kinds of D. kind of; kind of 381. The girl with her parents _________________________ next weekend.
A. is going hike B. are going hiking C. going hiking D. go hiking 382. They take a walk______________ the bridge in the morning.
A. through B. cross C. across D. pass