31. It is ______ for me to follow the Australian guests because I am good at English.
A. bad B. easy C. hard D. right
32. _______ the exam, we'll say good-bye to our dear teachers, classmates as well as our beautiful school.
A. In B. For C. After D. Through
33. —Can I bring a friend to your birthday party?
A. no problem B. not at all C. my pleasure D. well done
34. Rick has learned a lot about Chinese culture _____ he came to China.
A. before B. when C. until D. since
35. —I forgot to bring my dictionary. Could I use yours?
— Yes, you _______.
A. can B. must C. could D. should
36. Mum, what are you cooking? It_______ so sweet.
A. tastes B. feels C. sounds D. smells
37. —More and more people come to visit Mount Huangshan
—That's true. It has become the _______ of Anhui.
A. pride B. effort C. praise D. courage
38. —It's so late. Why not write the report tomorrow?
—But I don't know _______. I can do it if not now.
A. why B. when C. how D. where
39. As time____, you'll come to think of English as your friend and love it.
A. goes by B. runs out C. takes off D. turns up
A gives D- RaAI
40. If my frirends have any problems, my door is ______ open to them.
A. never B. seldom C. sometimes D. always
41. Mr. Wang has left for Guangzhou. He ____ a speech there in two days.
A. gives B. gave C. will give D. has given
42. —Jim, remember to return this book by Friday.
A. Got it B. Good luck C. That's right D. It's nothing
43. _______the sun was not yet up, many people were already taking exercise in the square
A. As B. If C. Though D. Because
44. I don't _______ the heat, for I'm used to hot weather.
A. like B. mind C. know D. stand
45. You can take_______ of the two toy cars and leave the other for your brother.
A. both B. none C. either D. neither
46. Rose finished her study in the university and went to___ a good job.
A. take after B. look after C. care for D. search for
47. Spend more time talking with your parents, _______they may not well understand you.
A. or B. so C. and D. but
48. As we all know, the Silk Road _______ China to the west in ancient times.
A. connects B. connected C. will connect D. is connecting
49. He is an honest boy. I have no reason to _______ what he said.
A. hear B. doubt C . repeat D. believe
50. —We failed in the singing competition.
—_______. Better times are waiting for you.
A. No way B. Best wishes C. Cheer up D. Good job
阅读下列短文, 从每小题所给的A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出最佳选项。
In China, very few children make pocket money, 51 , in western countries, most kids make pocket money by themselves. They make money in many different 52 . When kids are very young, their parents help them sell the fruits of their own trees to neighbours. Kids may also help 53 do housework to make money at hom e. When they 54 sixteen, they can make money by sending newspapers or by working in fast food restaurants, 55 during the summer holidays.
There are many 56 of making pocket money by kids themselves. First of all, they learn the 57 of money by working hard so that they will not waste any. Secondly, they learn to 58 money to buy things they need or want, such as books, pencils, movies and even clothes they like. Thirdly, they learn to 59 the daily life problems by helping their parents or others. Making pocket money is 60 for children when they grow up. That is why parents encourage their
kids to make pocket money.
51. A. Also B. Anyway C. However D. Besides
52. A. ways B. levels C. homes D. countries
53. A. teachers B. friends C. parents D. neighbours
54. A. get B. have C. catch D. reach
55. A. really B. hardly C. properly D. especially
56. A. choices B. advantages C. problems D. lessons
57. A. fun B. value C. message D. purpose
58. A. count B. waste C. manage D. change
59. A. give up B. look up C. deal with D. meet with
60. A. helpful R. careful C. beautiful D. successful
Once there lived a farmer called Henry. He had a brother, Mike, in town who was an excellent gardener. His skill and his beautiful trees were 61 everywhere.
One day, Henry went to town to visit Mike. "Look, my brother," said Mike, "Here is the best 62 tree from my garden. Take it home and 63 it so that you, and your children, and your children's children can enjoy it.” Henry was 64 with the apple tree and went back home. The next morning, he began to 65 where he should plant it.
"If I plant it on the hill,” said he to himself, "the wind might catch it and 66 flown the fruit; If I plant
it close to the road, people who pass by will pick some of them; But if I plant it ..."
67 he planted the tree in the comer behind his house, where no one else could notice it. But the tree bore(结出) no fruit the first year, nor the second. Then Henry sent for his brother and said to him 68 , “You have cheated me. This is the third year and it bring me 69 but leaves.
When Mike saw where the tree was planted, he laughed and said, "You have planted the tree in such a cold corner without 70 or warmth. How, then, could you expect flowers and fruil?"
61. A. simple B. famous C. similar D. common
62. A. pear B. grape C. apple D. banana
63. A. sell B. wash C. hide D. plant
64. A. tired B. patient C. pleased D. popular
65. A. learn B. wonder C. realize D. understand
66. A. put B. cut C. push D. shake
67. A. Finally B. Firstly C. Luckily D. Certainly
68. A. happily B. angrily C. kindly D. carelessly.
69. A. nothing B. something C. everything D. anything
70. A. air B. earth C. water D. sunlightVIII.补全对话(共5小题；每小题1分，满分5分)
根据对话内容，从方框内的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Brian: Hi, Cindy. 71
Cindy; Hi, Brian. It is nice to sec you and so many old classmates.
Brian: So it is. 72
Cindy: You're right. It's really a long time.
Brian: Did you see the old photos on the wall?
Cindy: I sure did. _73_
Brian: But those are some great memories.
Cindy: Hey! 74
Brian. Yes, it is. I remember he used to stay up all night studying.
Brian: Yes. He was the only one left in the class when he woke up.
Cindy: That was really funny.
A. What happened?
B. Long time no see!
C. Who took these photos?
D. Isn't dial John over there?
E. We looked so funny in them.
F. I can't believe it's been ten years.
G. And then he would fall asleep in
71. _________72. _________73. _________74. _________75._________
Tony Wheeler was born to travel. His father worked for an airline. For the first 16 years of his life.
Wheeler and his family lived in many different countries.
In the early 1970s, Tony met a young woman named Maureen. They soon married. Before getting jobs, Tony and Maureen wanted to travel. They took a year-long trip from England, through Asia, to Australia. On the trip, they visited places like Iran( 伊朗) . India, and so on.
When Tony and Maureen arrived in Australia, people asked many questions about their trip. To answer these questions, Wheeler wrote a book called Across Asia on the Cheap. The book told people about different countries' weather, customs( 风俗) , and places to see. But unlike other travel books then, Tony Wheeler's book also talked about places most tourists did not go. He also wrote about unusual things to see and do. The book was very popular.
Tony and Maureen started a company called lonely Planet. They continued travelling. They wrote books for each place they visited. Tod ay, 800 people work for Lonely Planet. The company has over 650 books. Tony Wheeler, the great traveller, still writes about travels to many places and will bring us more surprises.
76. Tony Wheeler and his wife ended the year-long trip in _______.
A. England B. Iran C. India D. Australia
77. Tony Wheeler wrote the book Across Asia on the Cheap to _______.
A. make money for his next trip
B. tell people about his new company
C. draw people's attention to his family
D. answer people's questions about his trip
78. How was the book Across Asia on the Cheap different from other travel books then?
A. It was longer and more popular.
B. It was the first travel book in the world.
C. It talked about places most tourists did not go.
D. It talked about a country's weather and customs.
79. Which of the following is TRUE about Tony Wheeler's company?
A. His father started it. B. It is an airline company.
C. Hundreds of people work for it. D. It has no books about travelling
80. The passage mainly talks about _______.
A. a great traveller and his books B. a tour of different countries
C. a great writer and his family D. different kinds of companies
"Make-A-Wish” is one of the world's most well-known charities(慈善机构) . It makes wishes come true for children who have serious illnesses. It gives them hope and joy and helps them forget about their health problems and have fun.
It all started in 1980 in Phoenix, Arizona. Christopher was a 7-year-old boy who was very sick. He always dreamed of becoming a police officer. Tommy Austin and Ron Cox, two police officers, made his wish come true. They gave Christopher a tour of the city in a police helicopter(直升飞机)and made a real police uniform(制服) for him.
There are four kinds of wishes children usually have:
I wish to go. Children usually want to travel or go to a concert, a game or a park.
I wish to meet. Children sometimes want to meet their favourite actors, singers or players. I wish to be. Some children wish to become actors, singers or police officers.
I wish to have. They often want to have a computer, a game, a bike or many other things.
Let’s hope more wishes Mill come true in the future. People who work in the charity always try for the best. Almost 25 ,000 Volunteers (志愿者) help, w ork or give money. Will you be one of them?
81. "Make-A-Wish" is a charity to help _______.
A. sick children B. serious officers C. famous actors D. popular singers
82. What did the two police officers do for Christopher?
A. They gave him a computer. B. They gave him a tour of the city.
C. They look him to a concert. D. They took him to the hospi tal.
83. Which kind of wishes does Christopher have?
A. I wish to go. B. I wish to meet. C. I wish to be. D. I wish to have.
84. The purpose of the last paragraph is to _______.
A. explain what " Make-A-Wish" is
B. encourage more people to join the charity
C. tell us how Christopher's wish came true
D. introduce different kinds of children's wishes
85. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Sick children just wish to get well.
B. Christopher and Tommy are two officers.
C. A few people are working for "Make-A-Wish".
D. "Make-A-Wish" has a history of over 30 years.
J&M Music Store
? Rock, pop and country music
? Buy CDs new or used
? Listen before you buy
? Guitar lessons offered Peth Market
? Fresh fruit and vegetables
? Open Friday to Sunday mornings
? Free ice cream for children under 12
Times Coffee Shop
? The best coffee in town
? Sandwiches, cakes, pies
?Open 10:00a.m. —11:00 p.m. daily
?Jazz music(0: Wednesday to Sunday Macon's B&B
? Feel like home when you're away from
? We have different kinds of rooms
? Delicious homemade breakfast
86. You can________ at J&M Music Store.
A. receive guitar lessons B. borrow new or used CDs
C. learn pop music history D. buy all kinds of music books
87. You can go to TImes Coffee Shop to have coffee and pies at_______.
A. 8:30 a.m. B. 9:30 a.m. C. 10:30 p.m. D. 11:30 p.m.
88. If your friend is coming for a visit, where will he stay for a night?
A. In J&M Music Store. B. In Peth Market.
C. At Times Coffee Shop. D. At Macon's B&B.
89. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. There is no breakfast at Macon's B&
B. You can't listen to the CD before you buy it.
C. Times Coffee Shop offers ism music every day.
D. Kids under 12 can get free ice cream in Peth Market
90. Where is the passage probably from?
A. A dictionary. B. A newspaper. C. A story book. D. A science report.
North American back bears are shy animals. They are fearful by nature, and will usually run away if they see or hear people. Because of this, it can be difficult for scientists to learn about these animals. In order to study black bears, researchers from New Jersey, USA, catch bears and use drugs to help them go to sleep. Researchers then work out the size and the weight of the bear, take blood to test for diseases, remove a tooth and take it to the lab to find out its age. From these studies, researchers want to find out how many bears live in New Jersey, how long they live, and how many babies they produce.
But in Minnesota, USA, researchers study bears that are completely awake. The bears know the researchers' voices and they are not afraid of die research team. With the help of a few grapes
to keep the bears busy, researchers can touch them to check their hearts, look at their teeth, and do other jobs. Researchers can also walk or sit with bears for hours and make videos to learn about their everyday lives.
In both places, the main purpose is the same—to make sure there is a healthy population of black bears. But the research methods and the kinds of information that researchers, are able to collect arc quite different.
91. In the first paragraph, we can learn that North American black bears are _______.
A. shy and fearful animals B. not found today
C. well known to s cientists D. not afraid of people
92. The word "remove" in the second paragraph probably means _____ in Chinese.
A. 拔下 B.移植 C. 清洗 D. 修补
93. Which of the following ma y NOT be included in the New Jersey studies on bears?
A. The age. B. The way of their communication.
C. The weight. D. The number of babies they produce.
94. In the Minnesota studies, researchers _____.
A. can never get close to the bears
B. study the bears while they are asleep
C. use grapes to make the bears full
D. learn a lot about the bears' everyday lives
95. What do the two studies have in common?
A. Research places. B. The main purpose.
C. Research methods. D. Collected information.
96. The Internet is becoming a u _____ (有用的)tool for students.
97. We feel it is our d _____ (责任)to help each other.
98. You are b _____ (勇敢的) enough to accept such a difficult job.
99. I' m afraid we have to c _____ ( 取消)the meeting.
100. Bob has many story books and he often s _____ (分享)thcm with hi s friends